It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Oooooooh I get it.
If I agree with you then I'll get stars and love.
If I disagree then I'm the baaaaad man.

You people are like crowd shooters in NYC, store looters in flood zones, kid rapers in seedy ghetto high rises, and other assorted mental midgets blaming everybody but yourselves.

War happens. Don't you get it? People do NOT get along. They fight. The most powerful people win. Not the cryingest photo shootingest complainingest most deviant simps. The strong win with guns and bombs and... and... and with fire!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by grrrrt

Its odd that media dont want to shine a stronger light on this case. Besides two reporters that got killed, are people with the same profession as they have. Why would they support a cover up story and have the reporters blamed for being there. When its their job to be there to get a story?

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Its odd that media dont want to shine a stronger light on this case.

Because the MSM is corporate.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
My heart goes out to the victims and their families. I find it abhorrent that I pay my taxes so the people that represent me can allow then attempt to cover up things like this. As a US Citizen, I DO NOT condone this. I am positive this isn't an isolated incident or just some unfortunate mistake by some cocky, trigger happy pilot. The blame only starts with them and continues up the chain of command from there.

I believe the pilots should be held accountable for their crimes but it shouldn't stop there. Everyone involved in the ensuing cover-up are just a culpable as those that pulled the trigger.

link   
edit not worth it

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Internet Explorer]

link   
I'm terribly sickened by what's in that video. The total disregard for human life is appalling. They sounded like kids that thought they were playing a video game.

But I will say that it's not THAT easy to make out that they have cameras versus weapons; and there was one guy that was sweeping some long-ish looking object that resembled a gun along the ground.

Don't get me wrong on this one, I'm not condoning the behavior of these soldiers AT ALL. If no weapons were found then charges need to be brought up.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by sos37]

link   
One more thing that I thought was INCREDIBLY ironic - right before this video started was an ad for Splinter Cell for the XBox 360 - a guy blows two others away with a shotgun. Did any of you guys catch that??? I'm not against video games, as I've played plenty of them myself. But I haven't played the really violent ones, like Grand Theft Auto. I thought the placement of that ad was profoundly ironic considering the brutality of the preceding video.

And we wonder HOW our nation got to be a nation filled with uncaring, immature thugs?

[edit on 5-4-2010 by sos37]

link   
reply to post by spy66

There is a difference between journalists on the front line, foreign correspondents, compared to a news media house.
One is interested in reporting the news, the other is a multi media money generating conglomerate with affiliations to partisan camps.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I am unsure what to think...honest mistake I guess, but it shows that people manning these weapons are simply either untrained or uncaring to confirm what they are seeing. The most disturbing part is the coverup by the brass "not knowing how the kids were injured".

[edit on 5-4-2010 by SaturnFX]

Honest mistake!?! These scum murdered innocent people without even thinking twice to make sure they were carrying guns. This is downright carelessness and all involved should have been in prison already. WTF is wrong with this damn country.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

To be fair, that ad shows up on almost all the videos, so it's not like it was placed there on purpose, but I agree it is ironic.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I don't see how the pilots can be charged they had permission to fire.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Don't get me wrong on this one, I'm not condoning the behavior of these soldiers AT ALL. If no weapons were found then charges need to be brought up.

The worst part of all of it was the van. People just helping the wounded and they were mowed down like they were nothing.

That was someones son, daughter, father, or mother. Dead....for trying to be a good human being and helping someone who was hurt.

Listening to the language the soldiers were using, was as you said, as if they were playing a video game.

It reminded me of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire

You people are like crowd shooters in NYC, store looters in flood zones, kid rapers in seedy ghetto high rises, and other assorted mental midgets blaming everybody but yourselves.

Now that's master baiting!

link   

Originally posted by HIWATT
This is a comment i copied from another response thread from a local paper:

The family had more than 25 guests on the night of the attack, as well as three musicians, to celebrate the naming of a newborn child.

“In what culture in the world do you invite ... people for a party and meanwhile kill three women?” asked the senior official. “The dead bodies were just eight metres from where they were preparing the food. The Americans, they told us the women were dead for 14 hours.”
TIMES
In a statement yesterday, Brigadier-General Eric Tremblay, a Nato spokesman, said: “We deeply regret the outcome of this operation, accept responsibility for our actions that night, and know that this loss will be felt forever by the families.

“The force went to the compound based on reliable information in search of a Taleban insurgent, and believed that the two men posed a threat to their personal safety. We now understand that the men killed were only trying to protect their families.”

Can anyone confirm this is accurate? I haven't found anything anywhere that talks about this.. sounds like they basically blew up somebodys dinner party in celebration of a newborn child ??

ISAF issued different press releases. Initially ISAF blamed Afghans for a honour killing. Then ISAF changed the story to a local burial custom. Finally, ISAF changed the story again and had to admit, that 5 innocent people were killed in a night raid. The previous press releases indicate a blatant cover-up.

See this thread (contains various links)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Drunkenshrew]

link   

Oooooooh I get it.
If I agree with you then I'll get stars and love.
If I disagree then I'm the baaaaad man.

War happens. Don't you get it? People do NOT get along. They fight. The most powerful people win. Not the cryingest photo shootingest complainingest most deviant simps. The strong win with guns and bombs and... and... and with fire!

wow only 2 months in to ATS and your already getting a reputation as a troll...good luck with poisoning the well tactics because they wont work here mate.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Not done reading the thread yet but thought i would pop in and say i just went over to Yahoo news site and they do have a story on it but it is getting no attention. If everyone went over there and buzzed it up it may get more attention.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Now that's master baiting!

I know, right?! I think after 2 years, I'm gonna have to find out what this "ignore" button is used for.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by janon

I believe the pilots should be held accountable for their crimes but it shouldn't stop there. Everyone involved in the ensuing cover-up are just a culpable as those that pulled the trigger.

Specifically what crime did they commit? Since neither you , nor I , have all of the facts, accusing them of murder without knowing all of the facts makes you willfully ignorant at best, or just plain stupid at the worst.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwrek

Murder. Did you watch the video?

Edit: Also do you not have anything better to add than personal insults? I believe it is blatantly obvious in the video that the pilots were firing upon unarmed citizens. It doesn't take much detective works to see that.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by janon]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I hate to play devil's advocate, here, but I'm going to, anyway.

Is there ANY chance that this video footage was spliced together with audio from a completely different mission?

I'm not saying we (Americans) aren't capable of doing some dispicable things - we've all seen the G.I. throwing the puppy off of the cliff, for example - but, hear me out.

As I'm watching this horrific event unfold, I'm thinking to myself, 'surely, this can't be real'. I mean, there are some cruel people in this world, capable of some pretty sadistic things (*see above puppy reference), but explain the following:

- How do you get half a dozen such individuals together ALL at once, with that type of capacity for cruelty and disregard for human life (in the military - this is not gangland in the projects of Chicago), and NOT have at least one get a guilty conscience and say 'hey guys, wait a minute...'?!?
- I had to rewind to make sure, but, there was VERY little said by our guys that matched, exactly what was taking place on the ground, at any time - pay close attention. Could easily be creative editing. Listen to the audio only and watch what's happening on the screen [try to ignore the 'notes' added by Wiki-leaks]
- why do we see NO actual footage of the most despicable part of the whole thing (or, did I somehow miss it? My screen went whiteduring the first part, but the slow-mo at the end showed nothing(?!): the shooting of the 2 men as they were clearing the bodies with the kids in the van..!?

This is pretty horrible to beleive
Maybe I'm just in denial. But, just some food for thought.

[edit on 4/5/2010 by SquirrelNutz]

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join