It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Video Released!!

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Well, you wanted headlines. Here you go:

WHISTLEBLOWER VIDEO EXPOSES 'COLLATERAL MURDER' IN IRAQ

Link: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Front page coverage. Two stills. Large text.

link   
For those who are pondering where to cast the blame ...

There is surely enough blame to go around ...

The soldiers involved, their immediate superiors , their superiors who tried to cover this up since the day it happened, the generals, the politicians, the presidents, their corporate masters, the media, the military industrial complex, the NSA, the CIA, many other governments including the British who tore up that country like many others long ago, those who conspired on 9/11, those who lied to get us into that and other wars ...

Most of all this is OUR fault, for we let all those things happen and keep letting them happen ... and even this unfortunately will probably blow over.

And why should any of the criminals change their behavior if we don't hold the accountable every time they do it. Heck they're probably laughing at our faces right now.

This is MY fault as much as anyones.

link   
reply to post by StealthKix

Yeah they already spun it.

"The video shows military personnel aboard the Apaches indicating they spot the suspects toting several AK-47s and several RPG's."

[edit on 5-4-2010 by Wookiep]

link   
If it aired on Fox , it's probably some prelude to some medal awarding ceremony for the helicopter gunner .

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MajinRoshi

How you're pretending to know he's loading an RPG AMAZES me.

Why?

You were'nt there. None of us were. So we can't know for sure if it was a tripod or an RPG, or something entierly different. But don't pretend to know it was definitly an RPG.

And by defending this video (for a reason unknown to me) your defending the blatent inhumanity of the US army in this situation, by attacking a group of people who (the US) were'nt sure themselves if the people were insurgents or whatever. And they also injured two children by attacking a van and killing the people who appeared to just be helping a dieing man on the curb, who we now know to be journalist.

Nothing in this video can be defended, to me you couldn't tell if what they were holding were AK47's, Tripods, RPGs or something else.
And if the guy on the choppercam noticed the two children in the front passenger seat maybe he wouldn't of shot the people trying to save a now-we-know-to-be innocent journalist.

By the way, I'm not attacking all US soldiers, just the ones involved in this situation. I'm positive there are some great hard working soldiers who are doing some good out there.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I watched that video earler today and its still in my head. How could Military officers with a birds eye view in clear daylight not see cameras? I watched the video several time and nothing warrented that attack. What about SOFA ( status of forces agreement )? It's clear they were not taking fire and there were numbers of civilians around.

I also wonder if they would do that to Americans if and when a Civil War starts.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This is unfreakigbelievable!! These guys were blatantly killing innocent people and lying! and that wasn't enough, they had to kill more people trying to help.

I'm speechless, immediately I put myself in their shoes to try and feel the fear they were experiencing before they were slaughtered. And I was petrified, just watching.

Disgusting! S&F

This needs to go viral, Needs to be talked about internationally!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
so this is what America has come to.im making a petition right now i swear Michigan is seceding i aint gonna deal with this bull $#!@ anymore.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
They are airing the video on CNN as I type...

A bit late.

What can they do? They have to air it now, it's already all over the news in Europe.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Ohh yeah for sure i just Remembered if i get Michigan to Secede the rest of America would come and kill all of us and im sure there would be loads of raping and murder from U.S. Soldiers.and Think i was considering joining the Army!!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
it has gone viral, this video is already going on the air on national and international stations, not to mention it is already gaining tons of views on the internet, the government is not going to be able to kick this one under the rug.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
MSN Front page now...

A senior U.S. military official on Monday confirmed as authentic a gritty war video that shows U.S. forces firing repeatedly on people along a Baghdad street.

link.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
msn report on it...hardly worthy of the read....

US army confirms Baghdad firefight video

The US military has confirmed as authentic a gritty war video circulating the Internet on Monday that shows US forces firing repeatedly on a group of men, some of whom were unarmed, as they walked down a Baghdad street.

A US military official confirmed that the video posted at Wikileaks.org was of a July 12, 2007 firefight in the New Baghdad District of eastern Baghdad.

Among those believed killed in that attack was Reuters photographer Namir Noor-Eldeen, 22, and his driver Saeed Chmagh, 40. Two children also were wounded.

The official, who was not authorised to speak publicly, said the military could not confirm the identities of the Reuters employees in the video.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stedlinn
it has gone viral, this video is already going on the air on national and international stations, not to mention it is already gaining tons of views on the internet, the government is not going to be able to kick this one under the rug.

Unfortunately the "Neha" Incident was similar. Though for some reason after a few months people seem to either forget or desensitize themselves from it. Then it just blows over.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JewelFlip

Great points.

This is going to be the biggest problem for everyone trying to expose the truth behind the war(s).

The twists the MSM will be spewing out, and are doing at this very moment (and probably writing up more, and being sent in more crap to say by tptb), will confuse most American people. This confusion is going to allow the MSM to once again, like always, turn this around and make it look like some sort of honest mistake.

Well it WAS NOT an honest mistake. On top of that, this was covered up for years, why?! If something like this can be covered up so easily, imagine how many more videos, and other non-documented (or shall I say non-publicly documented), are out there containing much worse atrocities!

As sad as it is, this video will not do anything... no one is going to be 'brought to justice' no apologizes will be made, and if there are any they will not be meant - they will be done to just show that "the US govt. cares!!!" and worst of it all no American is going to do anything about it. No one is going to gather up and start a resistance, even though this video provides much more than everyone is talking about and it's disgusting, nothing will be done.

I'm so sick of it all, and yet I'm helpless. I'm tired of feeling helpless, but what can I do, in all seriousness? Don't tell me to vote differently, voting doesn't do $hit! And if you think it does, well, I'm not even going to bother trying to tell you what really happens with your votes.

If you tell me to do something along the lines of using some sort of violent force, then what is the point? Yeah, fight fire with fire. I got that, but we need to ID the actual people who sanction this sort of stuff for everyone so they can be eliminated.

I don't even know what else to say because words really cannot do justice to anything these days anymore... people are going to do what they're going to do simple as that. I don't want to give up hope for some peace in this world, but really, what is going to happen to cause a cease-fire all around the globe? I can't think of anything other than a lot of bombs, and a lot of dead bodies. And if it comes to that, then lets just hope that the right people are taken down, and that the wrong people don't get their foot further through the door...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I can not believe you people are crying about war.
It is part of human reality.
There will always be war.
The real issue here is why these pesky reporters were there and why they think the run the planet.
They don't.
Guns do.
And their dinky cameras can't beat death from above.
It is always some leftist reporters causing trouble and this time they caught it.
I say good shooting.

link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
For those who are pondering where to cast the blame ...

There is surely enough blame to go around ...

The soldiers involved, their immediate superiors , their superiors who tried to cover this up since the day it happened, the generals, the politicians, the presidents, their corporate masters, the media, the military industrial complex, the NSA, the CIA, many other governments including the British who tore up that country like many others long ago, those who conspired on 9/11, those who lied to get us into that and other wars ...

Most of all this is OUR fault, for we let all those things happen and keep letting them happen ... and even this unfortunately will probably blow over.

And why should any of the criminals change their behavior if we don't hold the accountable every time they do it. Heck they're probably laughing at our faces right now.

This is MY fault as much as anyones.

i quoted it all because.... its true!

link   
A lot of stories are coming out now on newsrunner.com and i can see foxnews.com on there...

Now, i have a question for members here. What damage control can be done on the part of the Pentagon or DOD regarding this leaked video? I mean, surely they will try something. This kind of information could mean some heads are gonna roll soon within the military chain of command... I just hope wikileaks will continue its great work.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by lagenese]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
America has lost it's soul. This is nothing but more bread and circus'es for the masses. War is entertainment for those participating and those watching.

It's a brave new world.........welcome to the monkey house.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
I can not believe you people are crying about war.
It is part of human reality.
There will always be war.
The real issue here is why these pesky reporters were there and why they think the run the planet.
They don't.
Guns do.
And their dinky cameras can't beat death from above.
It is always some leftist reporters causing trouble and this time they caught it.
I say good shooting.

Time to take your meds,

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join