It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In His Capacity as IDIOT, Al Franken Disrupts Senate

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23
reply to post by Angus123

I have noticed that ATS is more like WND every day.

Could you elaborate on this?

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Josephus23]

Look at threads that begins with any conservative premise, from the reasonable to the wild eyed whack jobs and they get the most stars. Spend a minute scanning the topics and you'll see it.
There is much less discussion of conspiracies and a lot more political posturing.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Is it just me, or is ATS becoming more like a Daily Kos/Media Matters hybrid everyday. It is very clear where the marching orders are coming from. They must feel threatened by a rising third party.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Look at threads that begins with any conservative premise, from the reasonable to the wild eyed whack jobs and they get the most stars. Spend a minute scanning the topics and you'll see it.
There is much less discussion of conspiracies and a lot more political posturing.

I agree that it seems like ATS is being attacked so as to derail legitimate threads.
I also seem to notice that the "de-bunkers" on ATS get a lot of stars right off the bat and usually offer very little in the way of actual information.

I personally think that TPTB are trying to associate true conservative beliefs with being mentally unstable, which is an atrocity. (see Glen Beck and the entire Faux News staff)

Our government was founded as a Republic, but with certain Democratic aspects. Probably one of the most conservative presidents of all time was Thomas Jefferson and he ran as a Democratic-Republican.

This takeover of our government has been several years in the making and during Jefferson's time trade with Europe was used to try and divide the States. Trade with Europe, protectionism and tariffs are what started the Civil War, not slavery. (I mean do you really think that the government that did what we did to the Native Americans gives a hoot about slavery?)
So in order to avoid Civil War, Jefferson just refused to allow trade with any other nation and he was re-elected. Jefferson was the ultimate isolationist.

Every single person serving in DC has sold their soul and they all need to be impeached. We need a populist revolution, but it is still possible to take our government back without resorting to violence. The tools are still left in our Constitution.

I just hope that it happens, because at this rate, it will eventually lead to violence if nothing is done.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by pigwithoutawig
That's the second time you have said 57%. I wonder how hard it would be for you to, once and for all, post a source? It shouldn't be too hard for a, I'm sure, YOU, would agree, more intelligent person like yourself, to figure out how to post a source for a lot of your "facts."

Gee, I'm surprised you're still lashing out, I thought you'd retired to more sedate and soothing topics.

As for your inability to Google up the numbers yourself, I'll give you a hand:

56% of American Opposed Healthcare Reform in September

That was actually DOWN from August, when 57% of Americans opposed it:

57% of Americans Oppose Single-Payer Healthcare Reform

But the number has hovered in the 56% oppose range through the middle of December:

56% Opposition to Healthcare Reform: December 12-13

So I've been quoting the August polling percentage, but I was actually OFF by 1%.

That's still more of a majority than elected Barack Hussein Obama.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/18/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I would say that regardless of what political party the Senator belongs to, it is inappropriate and rude to have done this. However, even though I am a conservative, I cannot with a clear conscience blame this somehow on Franken's politics. Franken is just a joke anyways who no doubt will be a 1 term Senator, and did this because he is just a ridiculous person. Thats not about his politics, just who he is. No one that has followed him or how he holds himself should be surprised that he did this. There are idiots in both parties.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

I agree that it seems like ATS is being attacked so as to derail legitimate threads.
I also seem to notice that the "de-bunkers" on ATS get a lot of stars right off the bat and usually offer very little in the way of actual information.

I personally think that TPTB are trying to associate true conservative beliefs with being mentally unstable, which is an atrocity. (see Glen Beck and the entire Faux News staff)

Our government was founded as a Republic, but with certain Democratic aspects. Probably one of the most conservative presidents of all time was Thomas Jefferson and he ran as a Democratic-Republican.

This takeover of our government has been several years in the making and during Jefferson's time trade with Europe was used to try and divide the States. Trade with Europe, protectionism and tariffs are what started the Civil War, not slavery. (I mean do you really think that the government that did what we did to the Native Americans gives a hoot about slavery?)
So in order to avoid Civil War, Jefferson just refused to allow trade with any other nation and he was re-elected. Jefferson was the ultimate isolationist.

Every single person serving in DC has sold their soul and they all need to be impeached. We need a populist revolution, but it is still possible to take our government back without resorting to violence. The tools are still left in our Constitution.

I just hope that it happens, because at this rate, it will eventually lead to violence if nothing is done.

A spot on analysis dude. I never thought about the slavery vs. Native decimation before. That was kind of a heavy weight you dropped on me there. I can't believe I've never thought of that, or even heard anyone else bring it up. Thanks for giving me something serious to think about.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I don't know what it has to do with this thread, but Glenn Beck is an entertainer, a very successful one, specializing in editorial commentary. Beck is not an elected official, his performances are not going into the Senate Record. Glenn Beck has no real impact on American politics. No more so than does Jon Stewart, another entertainer specializing in editorial commentary.

Al Franken, however, is an entertainer who also moved into political commentary, then moved into politics, then managed to get elected (after months of debating the highly questionable election results), and now Franken's squirming far-left liberal comedy routine actually IS going into the Senate Record.

So, Glenn Beck is a wild-eyed threat, but Al Franken is not, right?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127
I would say that regardless of what political party the Senator belongs to, it is inappropriate and rude to have done this.

Did you say the same for Joe Wilsons outburst during the tpresidents speech? Atleast senator Leiberman had his ten minutes without a similar outburst. But I do agree that this was political card playing from both sides as our representitives should be debating the country, not playing games with eachother. That being said, its really hard to get past this when we have some of the citizens promoting the same childish games.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Doc Velocity you must also be outraged at McCain, because he did the exact same thing in 2002.
politicalwire.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Did you say the same for Joe Wilsons outburst during the tpresidents speech?

This has already been addressed, but Rep. Wilson made a rude catcall ("You Lie!") during an Obama address — this was a truly rude and disrespectful gesture, we all agree.

Joe Wilson immediately apologized to the President in person, but House Democrats threatened to censure Wilson anyway.

Now, do you think Al Franken should apologize to Joe Lieberman in person, and do you think Senate Democrats would consider censuring Al Franken for his disrespectful gesture?

Hell. No. They. Won't.

Is this hypocritical of the Democrat-controlled Congress?

Oh, you bet your ass it is.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
Doc Velocity you must also be outraged at McCain, because he did the exact same thing in 2002.
politicalwire.com...

Already covered this, too.

I do not like Sen. John McCain. He is a left-leaning moderate and he (and the moderate GW Bush) conspired with the liberal Democrats against conservatives.

I do not like McCain. I don't respect him. Case closed. No debate.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/18/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I dont know why people dont realize that "government" is not a thing. It is a collection of people.

I find it funny as hell that people on here set up on their pedestal and judge the way these politicians act. They are no different than you.

There is a saying that is something like "you get the government you deserve" .

Most people on here are immature, arrogant, childish, vindictive, ignorant & combative.....why should you expect more from them.

I believe a nations government is a reflection of its citizens, maybe if we all grow up so will it reflect in our government.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

I have to give it to you Doc, I had to see what else you had to say. You're a great source of entertainment. And Lieberman is the definition of a corrupt politician.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
[edit on 18-12-2009 by Kaploink]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by pigwithoutawig
I have to give it to you Doc, I had to see what else you had to say. You're a great source of entertainment.

Oh, and I can ride this pony non-stop for hours, days, weeks, years. When I don't win by sheer logic, I win by attrition. Which is often better than logic.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
This has already been addressed, but Rep. Wilson made a rude catcall ("You Lie!") during an Obama address — this was a truly rude and disrespectful gesture, we all agree.

You certainly supported Mr Wilsons outburst back then Doc, so its mighty convenient for you to change your mind all of a sudden when you didnt like the shoe on the other foot.

If we are going to call for a representitives to actually represent us and stop undemocratically shutting eachother out, we should act by example.

Joe Wilson immediately apologized

So? This doesnt change his outburst during the presidents speech anymore than Frankin not giving Leiberman more than his 10 minutes. It also doesnt change your reaction then and your reaction now. Hold yourself accountable then as much as your holding other supporters of frankin accountable now if you intend to make a fair point.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Oh, and I can ride this pony non-stop for hours, days, weeks, years. When I don't win by sheer logic, I win by attrition. Which is often better than

LOL, yes it is soooo much better. It means that even someone who is wrong with the facts can win an argument if they are annoying enough that the other side lose interest. LOL. Wear that badge with pride!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

So where is the love then?

Opposite of Hate = Love

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Uh, I watched the video, and I don't understand all the outrage..

This thread has been a complete hyperbolization of the events that transpired, not to mention a big waste of my time.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Sen. Joe Lieberman just wanted an "additional moment" on the floor Thursday to finish his speech about health care. But when he asked for unanimous consent to finish his remarks, Democratic Sen. Al Franken wouldn't let him.

He kept a firm hand on the gavel, like any good chair does...what's the big deal? I don't think Lieberman has earned any slack from the Dems of late, anyway...no coincidence it was a Republican that took umbrage.

Little too much whining going on here.

No one is ever refused to continue speaking for an extra few minutes, and therefore it was a direct and blatant insult. If you know the process of how the Houses run their sessions up upon the Hill, then you know that what Franken did was basically the ultimate form of disrespect (It is just about unheard of as well).

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join