reply to post by Doc Velocity
Bill Clinton and Al Gore were ripping the United States completely apart long before GWBush came loping along. Bush was a clown, but he did one thing
Clinton never did — he kept terrorism out of the USA for 7 years. Yeah, Bush was a minor player in the history of America's destruction compared
to Bill Clinton and his arm-twister Al Gore.
Are you seriously trying to say that the trillion dollar Iraq war that was sold to the American people as an outright and blatant lie is minor?
Bush, Gore, Clinton, Obama the differences are cosmetic only. They are all the exact same. ,
Since Barack Obama has come into office the only tax increase that has actually been signed into law is the cigarette tax increase, which I personally
don't have a problem with. Taxing consumption items is a good idea in my opinion, but back to my point.
So little has changed since Obama has come into office that we might as well still have GWBush as president. Obama has passed his budget, which is
bigger than Bush's budget, but Bush signed off on the TARP and the TALF. The bailout that people blame on Obama was signed by Bush.
When Bush came into office we had a surplus which was immediately returned, which is not a bad idea, but the majority of the money went to large
international corporations. And to fund the Iraq war, the money that was put aside for the trust that was supposed to be for every single taxpayers
retirement was put into treasuries. He robbed us of our supposed "retirement" and then robbed us of whatever was left with the TARP and the TALF.
And the last statement is pure garbage.
I am actually shocked that you would even have the cojones to say it.
Are you really trying to say that GWBush kept this country safe, because the last 7 years he was in office we didn't have a "terrorist attack"?
Did you forget about the supposed "terrorist attack" that happened on 9/11?
Under GWBush this occurred:
1) Habeas Corpus repealed due to the PATRIOT ACT. Do you realize that the idea of habeas corpus dates back to the Magna Carta? That's 800 years dude.
2) Posse Commitatus repealed. So not only can we, as in American citizens, be held indefinitely and not given any trial, but now the Federal
Government can use it's own troops against it's own citizens.
3) The Iraq War trillion Dollar LIE. Blatant, Bold, and nothing but a direct lie.
Are you actually saying that this stuff is minor?
4) He inherited a surplus and left us with a recession/depression and an unserviceable debt. He spent our retirement on a war for a lie, and his
economic policies allowed for the biggest transfer of wealth in the history of this country.
5) He made people so angry that they actually bought Obama's lies. Obama got elected because he was the most unlike GWBush.
6) 9/11 and the resulting complete and total lie and debacle concerning the cover up.
7) Did your forget about Scooter Libby? He outed a CIA agent for political gain and then lied to the grand jury about it. This was all to cover up the
lie that is the Iraq War. Yes, Clinton lied too and Clinton is a POS, but that in no way excuses the actions of GWBush and his cabinet concerning
8) The largest expansion of the Federal Government in the history of the Federal Government. How in the world is that conservative. GWBush is as much
a socialist as Obama. Look at what I have presented to you. How can you refute that? Because he lowered taxes? So what, inflation increased
dramatically under Bush, which is actually worse than raising taxes.
Doc... You need to stop watching the television and read a book sometime. I wouldn't be so quick to tell people to study history, because you
obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
I mean you HAVE NO IDEA what you are talking about.
[edit on 19-12-2009 by Josephus23]