It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create the Dinosaurs?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

Originally posted by starwarp2000
Hi woodwardjnr,
Well, we aren't the first inhabitants of this planet.
The dinosaurs existed in an era when man wasn't created yet.
The first inhabitants were angels. The Archangel Lucifer was put on this planet with a third of the angels, to beautify it, maintain it, and complete its creation.
In this process they would also develop and fix their characters.
As we know, they rebelled against God, the whole Earth was destroyed and covered with water, and Lucifer became Satan.
I am afraid the poor Dinosaurs died along with everything else.

So i guess you can say that the dinosaurs were a part of some plan by God, but a plan that didn't involve us.

Hope this helps.

are there any records of the angels presence, like the dinosaurs fossils

Satan was a T-REX. A big frakkin red one. With smelly pits and stinky breath. His battallion of t-rexes fought against the triceratops and brachiosaurus until god gave up and threw an asteroid at them. Then he covered them all with iridium, did a crap and pissed on them providing heavenly cleansing. That's how he made it look like it was billions of years instead of 6000 like we *all* know it was

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

I do own a dremel and could do much better.

Thought you would at least find the vid interesting.
Sorry I didn't find something more mature. It's hard to compete with
arrogant, bombastic statements like," God dosn't exist" and "I do have Dremmel".

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
has anyone become aware that the Genesis 'God'

who incidently was the Son who sits on the Right of the Father, was the Creator who dwelt in the Garden, & later became the 1st Son-of-Man.

This Genesis 'creator' made all manner of life from the Earth = clay/dust

Whereas the dinosaurs were the evolutionary result of earlier sauropods

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

has anyone become aware that the Genesis 'God'

who incidently was the Son who sits on the Right of the Father, was the Creator who dwelt in the Garden, & later became the 1st Son-of-Man.

This Genesis 'creator' made all manner of life from the Earth = clay/dust

Whereas the dinosaurs were the evolutionary result of earlier sauropods

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Did they have oil refineries back then????????????? funny....
-relop

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar

Originally posted by pikestaff

why are there no cave paintings of Dinosaurs?

This is just one of several ancient dinosaur depictions. Check out the following site and look at the cave drawing/etching that was discovered that Science News allegedly refused to report and is now supposed to be closed to the public. Does anybody know anything about this?

Ancient Dinosaur Depictions

[edit on 4-12-2009 by gazerstar]

Wow a great find,
Thanks for that and a star to boot.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
perhaps "GOD" didn't create the dinosaurs.
perhaps "GOD" didn't create anything at all.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Why did God create the Dinosaurs? Maybe God didn't create the dinosaurs, because humanity did.

Is life a computer simulation?

Our lives could well be programmes developed by a post-human society living in what we think of as the future. 'At some point, probably in this century computers will become capable of mimicking what we call consciousness. The rest follows logically.

Once there's enough computing power to simulate consciousness, creating an environment for it to interact with would be easy. Simulating an entire universe down to the minutest level would be a waste of resources; you would only need to simulate to a degree where the inhabitants didn't notice any irregularities.

There would be no point filling in every microscopic detail, or the minutiae of distant astronomical objects, unless someone decided to look at them. Then the creators could fill in the necessary details on an ad-hoc basis. This recalls whether a tree exists when no one is looking at it; and it might explain why "reality" at the quantum level appears so strange.'

Really? - You mean 'strange,' as in how energy takes small, quantum steps; fixed at certain values, as if all things are "snapped" to different frequency-energy grids, just as pixels and rendered objects are "snapped to grid" in computer art programmes?

As we will see, if today's theoretical physicists are correct, then we are creating our own reality as we go along . . . and we are also creating our own history.

I can't help thinking that when the first large bone was dug out of the ground, that this was the moment when the story of the dinosaurs and all their history began. The thought that we have created and elaborated on the history of the dinosaurs by our constant search for more bones, which we then create by our expectations of finding them - seems absurd, I know . . . but try proving me wrong.

All kinds of exotic species of dinosaur now exist - but not in our own time frame - Oh-oh no . . . that would be too dangerous from our point of view. But saying this, some people have pondered over the thought that man could have been around when the dinosaurs were around and its no surprise to find reports of people finding 60,000,000-year-old footprints found in rock.

The history of civilisations are not exempt from this creativity of ours: If we believe that we have evolved from primates and that the evolution of man has been a 'gradual process' then we are going to find proof of this; we will then uncover all kinds of primitive paraphernalia associated with the gradual rise of civilisations - i.e., an embryonic ascent from simple to more complex forms of development in which the earliest form of writing was found to be simple pictographs known as hieroglyphs which gradually developed into cuneiform script and then to the modern style of writing we know today.

Full article

www.andrewcollins.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by theonlyrusty

Start at 1rst verse of your holy book and ask yourself this...
1. Who was THERE?
2. Who saw/heard it?
3. Who actually wrote it down...How did it end up on paper?

peas

Not a Bible thumper but don't think the whole book is useless. It is our only written history of the ancient world. I do think people have a tendency to record events and I don't think fiction is carved into rocks. The Bible is based upon Sumerian Texts written in cuneiform on stone tablets...like the ten commandments just like Moses supposedly had - then busted (I always wondered where Moses got the balls to smash the word of God to bits just because the people were troublesome)
So anyway it is an actual tale with a few definite characters or archetypes of characters. Enki, Enil and their sister (forget her name) which was recorded for posterity or who knows why...
Thousands of years later our Bible took those tablets, re-worked the whole story and put out "The Bible" probably as a manuscript and means to assure control of the population and instill fear.
But I must stress there was a beginning, it isn't exactly as stated in our Bible but and it was painstakingly written down on these stone tablets and the truth is in there somewhere.
Google Epic of Creation or Enuma Elish

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   

If God created everything, why did he create dinosaurs? I mean all they did was walk round tearing each other up to bits.

We can all agree Dinosaurs existed, so what was their purpose in the big plan?

Do give archeologists something to do.God was smart he knew this would help with unemployment problems.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

What do you mean why did God create dinosaurs? Why did he create anything? Probably because he wanted to. The dinosaurs weren't here to serve any bigger purpose than an elephant or otter, they were just more of His creation. There's probably multiple reasons why they aren't around anymore. Between the Great Flood, an ice age(I shouldn't think large reptiles would handle the cold very well), and humans killing them off out of fear, they didn't stand a chance.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
The God from the Old Testament seems to act very child-like, always throwing angry tantrums and stuff.
The God of the New Testament seems to be a little more understanding and forgiving.

I know. God seems a little schizophrenic in the OT. If you read instead the Enuma Elish or The Epic of Creation it explains...two brothers and their sister were assigned to do some mining on earth. One brother was a real stiff a work-a-holic and the labor they brought with them from the home planet revolted. Then the other brother and the sister (she was a doctor/scientist) got together and did some gene manipulating on a few available earth creatures and after a few failed experiments they came up with a fairly intelligent "worker"
The one brother seems to encompass the personality of Cain in the Bible, militant, he would work the creatures (man) until they dropped and then chained another in it's place.
Lots of the Bible refers to CHAINS, YOLKS, COMING OUT OF PITS OF DARKNESS INTO THE LIGHT, and says things like if your brother should stumble, you are all attached to each other and you should help him up...etc.
The other brother along with his sister were much more compassionate and had a little mercy on the "man" they created. Seeing this treatment they called THEIR FATHER to rat on the mean brother. THE FATHER comes and doesn't like anything He sees. Doesn't like that the "good" brother and sister MADE MAN in the first place, and even worse hates the way the mean brother is now treating the creatures. From there is the beginning of our rescue and all the stories and tales that follow and found there way into the dead sea scrolls and eventually...many more re-writes later..into the Bible.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

1 of 2 things. Lucifer is not Satan's pre-fall name. Satanael was. Lucifer(despite popular belief is not a name of the Devil. Lucifer is not even an angel name. It was what Isaiah called a king of Babylon once.

And 2 Where the heck did you come up with that? It makes for an interesting story though.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Angus123

I do own a dremel and could do much better.

Thought you would at least find the vid interesting.
Sorry I didn't find something more mature. It's hard to compete with
arrogant, bombastic statements like," God dosn't exist" and "I do have Dremmel".

You're 12 aren't you?

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

If God created everything, why did he create dinosaurs? I mean all they did was walk round tearing each other up to bits.

Dinosaurs were part of a natural evolution of our world . They were not created by a deity , they EVOLVED , much as we have evolved . MAN created GOD , FFS wake up

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

You take the bible to litaral in fact witht he 6,000 years.

Oh I see my error then, do I take it that Constantine compiled a bible addendum listing what is literal and what is not literal?

I assume you have a copy care to share ?

I know your sarcastic. but your minipulation of the bible has to stop.

Yes I am, no I don't and even if I did why should I ?

dinos came died than mammals then man. is it that hard to swallow that God destroyed the dinos to put us on earth?

Well er um yes it is, just like it's hard to swallow that a man lived inside a while (large fish) or dead people get out of their graves and nip in to town.

No doubt jesus (though shalt not kill) bumped off all the dinos because he knew there was no bloody way Noah was going to have Argentinsaurus and the gang fit in the floating petting zoo.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magstat
reply to post by St Udio

1 of 2 things. Lucifer is not Satan's pre-fall name. Satanael was. Lucifer(despite popular belief is not a name of the Devil. Lucifer is not even an angel name. It was what Isaiah called a king of Babylon once.

And 2 Where the heck did you come up with that? It makes for an interesting story though.

Here's a nice informative documentary on the history of satan feel free to share as it's quite educational.

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by peponastick
Maybe it was so we could start endless wars over their fossiled remains...

Seriously though maybe God gave us dinosaurs to enrich the earth with fossil fuels.

Isn't God Good?

So, God made dinosaurs so they would die and turn into oil? Why didn't he just make oil in the first place? The existence of widespread extinction in the fossil record cannot be explained by creationists. Why would perfect God make a species that is incapable of effectively competing for survival and resources, leading to its extinction? Why not create a clean burning fuel and provide it in such abundence that we wouldn't need to kill each other for it?

[edit on 6-12-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by andrewh7

actually a lot of creationists take the stance of an early earth and the extinction being due to the noahic flood....that explains the mass extinction...it doesn't explain the dating of the fossilized remains...which...well...imo isn't 100% scientific....it remains to be seen just HOW ACCURATE these modern dating methods actually are.....

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mjtwelve

Dinosaurs were part of a natural evolution of our world . They were not created by a deity , they EVOLVED , much as we have evolved . MAN created GOD , FFS wake up

Yeah thanks for enlightening me, I posted the thread as an athiest, Its a question i like to ask the jehova's wittenes's when they come a knocking, as they did this morning.
we had an interesting exchange. I asked them if they had ever looked at or studied the theories of eveolution to which they replied "No"The Bible is the best scientific book available which can answer all our scientific questions. I tried my hardest to plant some seeds of doubt, but they were having none of it. I thanked them for the conversation and asked if i could borrow a pen so i could write down some interesting websites. they refused and left.

I felt pitty for them, like looking at someone who has been totally brain washed.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join