It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create the Dinosaurs?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghofer
The dinosaurs, people, and other lifeforms all occur by chance and in various forms. It's a big experiment.

My point exactly.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Why did god create the universe, my point exactly.
In ancient times everything was a jungle, a time of endless forests, one
would be to keep the vegetation within limits.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by peponastick

Oil is not a fossil fuel, it seems.

Organic material constantly replenishes the reservoirs, but not instantly.

Hydraulic Fissure Pressure

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

I get the part about more oxygen.... I think (more trees?). But less gravity? Was the Earth smaller? I don't understand that...

The story of Noah states that he took two of every animal with him. If we are to take the creation story literally (that all animals were created at the same time), then we can assume that dinosaurs were taken on the ark (I watched a video purporting this very thing at one stage. Don't remember much). I believe the video may have said that they were then killed off by humans after the ark settled, etc.

I also read another very interesting book that did a convincing job of tying evolution and creationism together. The author reasoned that the 'days' mentioned in Genesis may have been very long periods of time. He also went into time dilation (God in a different gravitational field (for example) = different sense of time) at this point. He went through the opening passages of Genesis and through relating the literal meanings of the original language used, he came up with a believable account of creation that factored in evolution.

On the 6th Day, when man was created, the author suggests that 'man' could have gone through several stages of refinement, until the time that man as we know it today was created, and God deemed our condition fit and said he had created Man. Although not necessarily with a click of his fingers.

So using this idea, the 6th day may have lasted millions of years. The dinosaurs could have been created at the start of the 6th day and died out before 'man' was 'created', thus ending the 6th day. Perhaps then, the animals that survived after the 6th day were taken aboard the ark with Noah.

My summation does not really do the book justice at all, and I highly recommend that any of you interested in creationism/evolution, and the possible coexistence of both, read the book. I just need to find it, and I will edit in the details when I do.

As for an answer to the question, perhaps God created the dinosaurs for no other reason than he could. God is creative - and the act of creation is justification in itself.

I hope this helps and provides further food for thought.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Dinosaurs were to Draconians/Reptilians what are cows to us - food

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Why does everything have to be created? Why can't it just evolve?

Regardless, No known humanoids were walking the earth at the time the dinosaurs existed.

Please save us the frustration and stop trying to fit something not explained by the bible, into the bible.

Come on people. FOCUS

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Did everyone fall for the 65 million years ago myth about dinosaurs?

Wow.

Ok Dinosaurs lived the same time as humans, they were called dragons.

Haven't you guys seen the ancient drawings of dinosaurs by Egyptians, Inuits and more?

Dinosaur drawings dating from 3000 B.C. - 1300 B.C.
They found many dinosaur bones with human weapons stuck in them.

When people conquered new lands they were many descriptions of giant lizards / dragons they had to clear out of caves and stuff.

Don't fall for these paid scientists, these are the same guys that used science to prove smoking is harmless.

Evolution and the Big bang theory = load of crap, not even the scientists believe it but they are payed to bring out this stupidity.
Some old white guy with a beard points at a monkey and says we look like that and a bunch of morons follow him to say we all evolved from rocks.
Darwin the racist was paid to come up with a scientific way to bullcrap people.

Come on the big bang? The whole Universe appeared out of no where from a big bang? For some reason that sounds a lot better than God for a lot of people because someone in a lab coat said it.

That was put there for the retards to follow, not even the elite follow that crap because they know better.

The only people pushing this crap is America.
The rest of the world isn't falling for this crap.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84

Haven't you guys seen the ancient drawings of dinosaurs by Egyptians, Inuits and more?

Dinosaur drawings dating from 3000 B.C. - 1300 B.C.
They found many dinosaur bones with human weapons stuck in them.

Please could you post a link to some pictures please? or point me in the direction of a thread you may know of with some?.. thanks

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Why did God create Dinosaurs ? Because He is a Creator.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Sorry ww, I'm very late to this party and have had no time to catch up on what has transpired. Not that I can't make educated guesses as to where this has gone based on my prior experiences here.

All seriousness aside. Has anyone seen the Flintstones? Show of hands! There you go, quite a few. "God made the dinosaurs" for big drumsticks and they taste just like chicken. Remember Fred at the Drive-In? The waitress would bring out that huge rack of ribs and tip his car over. Why do you think they went extinct? Good eating my friends! If only Al Gore were alive during the Jurassic to save the sauropods. A polar bear will feed a family for a couple of weeks but a small to medium Brachiosaurus, well imagine the line at the shopping club for those! Finally a use for a 5 gallon pail of ketchup!

No need to thank me. God has already blessed me.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I've heard a Christian say Dinosaur fossils were placed here by god to "test our faith"

I'm not a troll, but maybe its because god isn't real. The people that wrote the bible had no clue about dinosaurs so they didn't make a guest appearance on the ark.

Good post! One reason why God Followers don't belive in the Dinosaurs is thast it the main thing that contradicts the bible!
What i don't get is If the Dinosaurs were not real, how do you explain the displays in the Museums? do they think they're made of paper mache?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Did everyone fall for the 65 million years ago myth about dinosaurs?

Wow.

Haven't you guys seen the ancient drawings of dinosaurs by Egyptians?

LMAO, the only 'Dragons' that exist with us are the Komodo Dragon, Monitor lizzards, Crocodiles etc

Drawings by Egyptians are of the Nile Crocodile which live in the Nile! (lol in De-Nile)

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omagodin
LMAO, the only 'Dragons' that exist with us are the Komodo Dragon, Monitor lizzards, Crocodiles etc

Drawings by Egyptians are of the Nile Crocodile which live in the Nile! (lol in De-Nile)

Where did you see Egyptians Crocodile drawings?

Since when do Crocodiles look like Brontosaurus?

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gerg357
How come we have dinosaur fossils but no mention of these beasts in the bible??

There is an infinite amount of stuff that the Bible doesn't mention. The Bible is limited to man's current knowledge, but that doesn't necessarily disprove the claims of faith hear throughout it.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by theonlyrusty

We, as a species ourselves, seem to believe that dinos and land masses and civilizations and planets and universes just "popped up" overnight. We seem to forget that everything comes forth over time. I am talking about very long periods of time in every case.

Our very own civilization is the result of an ongoing, excruciatingly slow process of evolution (I don't mean from apes) that is at the core of everything in the universe.

I am okay in believing that a non physical, non gendered "source" was responsible for the slow creation of ALL species, just the same way we, as the human creator species, have created all sorts of specific breeds of canines. You want one with a flat nose, long tail and stripes like a zebra? Well, give me a 100 years and thru a series of specific breeding standards, I can create that for you.

Here is a conundrum for those that still like to think of a long haired, grey bearded "guy in the sky" creator that loves you if you are good but sends you to hell if you don't follow the guidelines. So this god knows all, created all, knows the outcome of all, is responsible for the end of all, created all the details of all and knows in the end (all knowing) what you are ultimately going to do in the end. He has a grand plan of a perfect eternity that is all planned out by his inspiration....hhhhmmmmm.....

Tell me why he created your feared devil in the first place...."He" already knows the outcome and it certainly wouldn't be very smart for an intelligent creator to create an opposing force that works against his own perfect force, now would it.

The intelligent creator would create a wide open plain full of grass. Then create antelope to eat it. Then would create cheetahs to eat the antelope. Then would create vultures to clean up the mess...etc., etc., etc.

Everything is in existence the way it is cause.....that's the way it is...

Sleep well... All is okay...

peas..

This is only valid if you believe in predestination. I, along with hundreds of thousands of others in the world, do NOT believe in predestination. I believe that # happens and it makes God sad too.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
How do you know the Dinosaurs weren't brought here by ET or created by ET for God knows what? It's hard to believe conventional wisdom that they just naturally evolved over time. I personally find it hard to believe that such complex biological life forms could evolve out of a primordial soup. Life evolved from single celled organisms. Yeah right!

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
God created dinosaur for the same reason he created monster trucks: they're awesome.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I believe that science has shown that the earliest of the dinosaurs were vegetarian but later turned carnivorous meat eating killing machines

The first dinosaurs were small lithe carnivores at the onset of the Triassic.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GallopingFish

Please could you post a link to some pictures please? or point me in the direction of a thread you may know of with some?.. thanks

Ok.

www.answersingenesis.org...
www.answersingenesis.org...
apologetics.supernaturaltruth.com...
www.--.com...
www.createddinos.com...
pureinsight.org...