It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create the Dinosaurs?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Actually, the Bible gives evidence that God will give you choices. For example, God will allow a prophet to prophecy, create miracles, etc. God will allow the prophecies to come true, and the miracles to happen.

What you have to do is figure out if the words of the prophet, which say to turn away from God, are true or not. It's a test. If you believe the miracles, the true fulfilled prophecies, and then follow that false teaching of that prophet, then you lose.

Check it out. Deuteronomy 13:1-5

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Hmm...god creating the dinosaurs? Re a deity or all knowing being creating the dinosaurs, such as the christian god, my personal take is that if there is indeed some sentient force that created this planet, it started with evolutionary seeds - and sort of a hands off approach. But I personally believe it's pretty likely all attributed to natural selection and evolution (no offense to anyone who believes something dif)

Also, I don't think ALL the dinosaurs are gone - if you check you'll see quite a few living fossils - maybe not Tyro or the big guys, but you have things like the aardvark, coelacanthe, crocodile, sapayoa...and as deep sea research is being tackled with newer technology we're finding even more, as well as ongoing species discoveries that may lead to more living fossils in largely unexplored rainforest areas, deep jungle and subterranean environments...
Try this link for further research if you're interested.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
reply to post by factbeforefiction

I don't expect any answer really. There is no god and as such the OP's question is pointless. And I suspect he knew that, and was simply illustrating a point.

But the guy with the youtube video trying to make the case that humans and dinosaurs co-existed because some ancients depicted creatures that look like dinosaurs... well that is worthy of derision.

It illustrates that some people will defy gravity itself with mile high leaps of illogic all so they can keep their fragile belief system intact in a world that scares the crap out of them.

That's not what you wanted to know Angus. The answer to what you did want to know is "Yes."

The Levitican Laws were made extinct when Jesus created the New Covenant. Under Christianity it is perfectly acceptable for you to be Christian and Gay.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction

Originally posted by Angus123

I don't expect any answer really. There is no god and as such the OP's question is pointless. And I suspect he knew that, and was simply illustrating a point.

But the guy with the youtube video trying to make the case that humans and dinosaurs co-existed because some ancients depicted creatures that look like dinosaurs... well that is worthy of derision.

It illustrates that some people will defy gravity itself with mile high leaps of illogic all so they can keep their fragile belief system intact in a world that scares the crap out of them.

That's not what you wanted to know Angus. The answer to what you did want to know is "Yes."

The Levitican Laws were made extinct when Jesus created the New Covenant. Under Christianity it is perfectly acceptable for you to be Christian and Gay.

No I can honestly say that never entered my mind. It would be nice if christians actually believed that, but the majority of them don't.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Angus123

Trust me Angus, the majority of Christians, like the majority of any religion, are clueless about their own faith. But if you look into it, you will see that Jesus created a "New Covenant" - for you and for all of mankind.

Go to any Catholic Mass and they will say this before communion.

Yes, most people will not get it, but I was a Jesuit Priest and I know what I'm talking about. The New Covenant is for all people.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarp2000
Hi woodwardjnr,
Well, we aren't the first inhabitants of this planet.
The dinosaurs existed in an era when man wasn't created yet.
The first inhabitants were angels. The Archangel Lucifer was put on this planet with a third of the angels, to beautify it, maintain it, and complete its creation.
In this process they would also develop and fix their characters.
As we know, they rebelled against God, the whole Earth was destroyed and covered with water, and Lucifer became Satan.
I am afraid the poor Dinosaurs died along with everything else.

So i guess you can say that the dinosaurs were a part of some plan by God, but a plan that didn't involve us.

Hope this helps.

By what you say here. Means that Satan is existence like you and me and every other living creature on this planet. By that we should be able to see him. Well he could be hiding at Aria 51 deep beneath the ground. That could be the reason for why we cant see him.

But i dont think so. And i know you know that to. The angels are non existence compare to our existence.

But why did God create dinosaurs?

Well to maintain his garden.

Every living creature on this planet has a task. And that is to maintain the balance of nature. In other words to maintain the garden.

What the OP should wonder about is: What purpose does humans have in Gods garden. Humans don't maintain earth. Humans are destroying Gods garden.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
woodwardjnr - there is no purpose. Not even for us. Live, see, be alive, that's it. It's more than enough if you understand. What purpose ? Let's say we colonize the Universe, become immortal , know everything, then what ? Purpose achieved ?? .... That's not a "purpose". We may do it - if we want, must not fool ourselves : "that's the purpose of life" and care not about other life around. Destroy everything for the "purpose".

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

nephilim were taller than 10 ft..that is closer to the height of goliath who was a descendant of the nephilim of genesis...everything about the earth before the flood was different..there was a watery canopy which changes things a lot...there were different levels of everything in the atmosphere...plus carbon dating honestly is flawed..the nephilim theory explains just about any unanswered question...also it makes a lot of sense although it is hard to accept at first

now im sure someone will respond with "THE BIBLE IS FLAWED" id love to see your evidence because upon study no it isnt..

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by emayarsh

Hi woodwardjnr,
The first inhabitants were angels. The Archangel Lucifer was put on this planet with a third of the angels, to beautify it, maintain it, and complete its creation.
As we know, they rebelled against God, the whole Earth was destroyed and covered with water, and Lucifer became Satan.

So i guess you can say that the dinosaurs were a part of some plan by God, but a plan that didn't involve us.

Hope this helps.

lol good one...

Good One GIMP

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by godless

Hi woodwardjnr,

Hope this helps.

and your PROOF for any of this presupposition is................................................................................Thought so.

Thanks Gimp

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

What you have to do is figure out if the words of the prophet, which say to turn away from God, are true or not. It's a test. If you believe the miracles, the true fulfilled prophecies, and then follow that false teaching of that prophet, then you lose.

That is a tough one to explain. Good job Jim.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by noonebutme

Have you ever seen a living dinosaur? Were you there 150 million years ago?

I don't think modern science is any more or less reliable than the "Holy Bible" or any other history book when it comes to antiquities such as dinosaurs.

There are cultural references to "dragons" found throughout this planet. Two thirds of this planet is covered in water.

The theory of dinosaurs, as we know it today, has only been around a couple of hundred years.

There is still much to be re-discovered about Earth history. There is much that will probably never be known by modern men. We aren't nearly as smart as we "think" we are.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
For all you bible beaters that want others to take you seriously...

Start at 1rst verse of your holy book and ask yourself this...
1. Who was THERE?
2. Who saw/heard it?
3. Who actually wrote it down...How did it end up on paper?

Substitute the word "god" all the way thru your bible with the word "bob" and it takes on a whole new meaning.

I can see it now....Adam and Eve sitting there and Adam says", Look Eve, it's a whale"!!!! "Eve, did you see that dinosaur, flamingo, turtle in the garden yesterday"? "Bob gave me a fig leaf to wear so YOU can't see my pecker"!!!

How utterly ridiculous.....Get over your santa claus/god mentality and open your mind to knowledge.

Do some real research as to where "words" came from and you will find that man named "god"......not the other way around.

peas

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by theonlyrusty

For all you bible beaters that want others to take you seriously...

Start at 1rst verse of your holy book and ask yourself this...
1. Who was THERE?
2. Who saw/heard it?
3. Who actually wrote it down...How did it end up on paper?

Substitute the word "god" all the way thru your bible with the word "bob" and it takes on a whole new meaning.

I can see it now....Adam and Eve sitting there and Adam says", Look Eve, it's a whale"!!!! "Eve, did you see that dinosaur, flamingo, turtle in the garden yesterday"? "Bob gave me a fig leaf to wear so YOU can't see my pecker"!!!

How utterly ridiculous.....Get over your santa claus/god mentality and open your mind to knowledge.

Do some real research as to where "words" came from and you will find that man named "god"......not the other way around.

peas

Wise words from a wise man

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Okay, Moses may not have existed until later.... but the Bible, including the "First Book of Moses" (or "Genesis") is presumed to have been written with inspiration from God himself.

If you're going to use the Bible to disprove the Bible, you can't be selective about it. You must consider the Bible in it's entirety.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Wow... some ancients made some rock carvings that look like dinosaurs.

Do you have some that are better? It sounds as if you have some you done yourself. Maybe no one told you but see they didn't have Dremels
or a vice at this time. Oh they didn't have the wheel either just in case.
Any way I thought they were pretty good rock carvings. I doubt if you could do better even with Dremel. Please don't try this at home either.
I'm sure your Mom dosn't want blood all over her carpet. None of this
is doing much for the claim you make, of having full knowledge of
the universe either.
Implying the creatures on the rocks only look like dinosaurs,
could be used in the study of denial. In this case full blown, head in the sand, denial
I don't believe anyone with their head in the sand, can have full knowledge of the universe.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Like I said earlier the christans have defended their beliefs with scripture and whatnot laughable i for one dont believe in god im more of a pure energy kind of person who belives in reincarnation

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

The Qur'an eh?

There must have been a hell of a lot of dinosaurs in the middle east.

Is that a joke? Good one ^^

Also, just to say it, most oil is the result of plankton etc, which was far more abundant 4000 years ago. You know, when god wrote books.

Soooooo how does that go against anything I wrote? I said everything is created for human purposes. Including plankton ^^ At the end of the day even planktons helped humans, and they continually do.

Dinosaurs just like other past animals and plants helped created fossile fuel hence fossile.

Your turn

oz

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Wow... some ancients made some rock carvings that look like dinosaurs.

Do you have some that are better? It sounds as if you have some you done yourself. Maybe no one told you but see they didn't have Dremels
or a vice at this time. Oh they didn't have the wheel either just in case.
Any way I thought they were pretty good rock carvings. I doubt if you could do better even with Dremel. Please don't try this at home either.
I'm sure your Mom dosn't want blood all over her carpet. None of this
is doing much for the claim you make, of having full knowledge of
the universe either.
Implying the creatures on the rocks only look like dinosaurs,
could be used in the study of denial. In this case full blown, head in the sand, denial
I don't believe anyone with their head in the sand, can have full knowledge of the universe.

I do own a dremel and could do much better.
And save the condecension. Although you don't even realize it, you've proven yourself to be insipid and jejune

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Some of the animals and bacteria from the dinosaur era made it to the human era.

I like to joke around in my mind thinking the dinosaur era was god's "playground" where he could screw around without worrying about Trex' eating the entire human population.

Then he got bored and made us

lol

I know I think wierd.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join