It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create the Dinosaurs?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If God created everything, why did he create dinosaurs? I mean all they did was walk round tearing each other up to bits.

We can all agree Dinosaurs existed, so what was their purpose in the big plan?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Hi woodwardjnr,
Well, we aren't the first inhabitants of this planet.
The dinosaurs existed in an era when man wasn't created yet.
The first inhabitants were angels. The Archangel Lucifer was put on this planet with a third of the angels, to beautify it, maintain it, and complete its creation.
In this process they would also develop and fix their characters.
As we know, they rebelled against God, the whole Earth was destroyed and covered with water, and Lucifer became Satan.
I am afraid the poor Dinosaurs died along with everything else.

So i guess you can say that the dinosaurs were a part of some plan by God, but a plan that didn't involve us.

Hope this helps.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarp2000
Hi woodwardjnr,
The first inhabitants were angels. The Archangel Lucifer was put on this planet with a third of the angels, to beautify it, maintain it, and complete its creation.
As we know, they rebelled against God, the whole Earth was destroyed and covered with water, and Lucifer became Satan.

So i guess you can say that the dinosaurs were a part of some plan by God, but a plan that didn't involve us.

Hope this helps.

are there any records of the angels presence, like the dinosaurs fossils

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Hi woodwardjnr,

Hope this helps.

To add to this, when Lucifer rebelled, he attempted to take control of the Earth and it is possible in his war with God he turned on what God created and corrupted all flesh as also happened just prior to the flood (Gen 6). In both instances the Earth ended up covered in water under clouds of thick darkness. I believe that science has shown that the earliest of the dinosaurs were vegetarian but later turned carnivorous meat eating killing machines. When God created mankind and the animals we see today, they too were originally vegetarian but then became carnivorous.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Maybe it was so we could start endless wars over their fossiled remains...

Seriously though maybe God gave us dinosaurs to enrich the earth with fossil fuels.

Isn't God Good?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Hi woodwardjnr,

Where did you base that on?

The Bible tells us that God created all of the land animals on the sixth day of creation. As dinosaurs were land animals, they must have been made on this day, alongside Adam and Eve, who were also created on Day Six (Genesis 1:24–31)

Hope this helps.

Sorry, it doesn't really help, on the contrary, I'm genuinely confused by all the tales you just posted...

BTW i'dd love to see some Angel fossils.....funny how they've never come across those...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
BTW i'dd love to see some Angel fossils.....funny how they've never come across those...

I'm sure Homer Simpson unearthed a Angel Fossil in one episode.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I've heard a Christian say Dinosaur fossils were placed here by god to "test our faith"

I'm not a troll, but maybe its because god isn't real. The people that wrote the bible had no clue about dinosaurs so they didn't make a guest appearance on the ark.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarp2000

I'll have to echo XYZers bible quote.

Dinosaurs would be considered land animals. Totally made in the 7 days.

Also...is there a j/k to follow that story? because honestly, if not, I'd love to see the proof. Not only out of all my years of Christian study have I never EVER heard ANYTHING near this story, but also because it just sounds incredibly insane. I'm sorry...but it sounds like a cool ancient war type movie...but no where near possible.

But angel fossils...lets go lisa simpson on this and find some!

ahhh woodwardjnr beat me to the simpson's reference...oh well.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by iamsupermanv2]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
reply to post by starwarp2000

I'll have to echo XYZers bible quote.

Dinosaurs would be considered land animals. Totally made in the 7 days.

Also...is there a j/k to follow that story? because honestly, if not, I'd love to see the proof. Not only out of all my years of Christian study have I never EVER heard ANYTHING near this story, but also because it just sounds incredibly insane. I'm sorry...but it sounds like a cool ancient war type movie...but no where near possible.

But angel fossils...lets go lisa simpson on this and find some!

ahhh woodwardjnr beat me to the simpson's reference...oh well.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by iamsupermanv2]

There are two camps on when things were created. To some, the Earth existed and had life on it prior to Adam and the animals we see today. To others, everything began at the point where God says let there be light. I believe that the Earth was already here and that it was filled with animal life and under the governance of Lucifer and the Angels until the rebellion. The Earth was punished by God and all life ended and the kingdom of the fallen angels was over. The Earth ended up a water world under thick clouds of darkness and without life. At sme point thereafter God clears away the clouds, brings back dry land, creates life, and finally mankind whom he set to rule the planet.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It could be argued that there would be no fossilized remains of immortal beings.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I believe that the story the above poster is quoting are a mesh of a couple books, one was Anne Rice's Memnoch the devil (vampire lestat series), and the other if memory serves me right was a book called the monk...or something (not sure, read it 20 years ago...fun read).

I see no problem with adding whatever you want to a religion to finish it...its all just fantasy stories, so...make something up.

I think, in the context of this thread, God actually made dinosaurs out of angels...those fallen angels and whatnot, and the war in heaven = dinos (yep, angels and God are actually dinosaurs).

Also, the dinos ate only from the tree of knowledge, but the head dino, Lucifer, poisoned the tree...hense why all the dinos really went extinct. After that, God made man, god said dont touch that tree as its full of corrupt knowledge, but man ate from it and became mortal sadly (the poison was still active and therefore our infinate lifespan became a finite one).

Feel free to add to the story...but no using the Borg...that should be used for the new testiment

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The Source created the universe to take on an evolutionary course. This isn't just limited to Earth, it's the course of life throughout all planets. Did our consciousness inhabit the bodies of dinosaurs? Possibly. Or were we busy incarnating on other planes, and planets of existence? That is the most probably answer.

The universe's nature is to make consciousness always questions it's origins. That is the fun part of the game we call life.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I think, in the context of this thread, God actually made dinosaurs out of angels...those fallen angels and whatnot, and the war in heaven = dinos

I have secretly entertained this idea for a long time. I'm not saying that I believe it, but the idea is interesting to ponder. I'm glad that you brought it up. I've always been curious about other's take on it.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by gazerstar

I think, in the context of this thread, God actually made dinosaurs out of angels...those fallen angels and whatnot, and the war in heaven = dinos

I have secretly entertained this idea for a long time. I'm not saying that I believe it, but the idea is interesting to ponder. I'm glad that you brought it up. I've always been curious about other's take on it.

sure, and that ties in with the whole reptilian shapeshifting whatnots on earth...this could make for a really interesting book or latenight B movie on syfy anyhow.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

sure, and that ties in with the whole reptilian shapeshifting whatnots on earth...this could make for a really interesting book or latenight B movie on syfy anyhow.

Even thought you mean to say that all is just a story, I would like to point out that the serpent in the garden of Eden was a reptile, and that before it got cursed by God, could walk and talk and reason with Adam and Eve.

God didn't make angels into dinosaurs but there were definitely some reptilians walking the Earth.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Fromabove]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
How come we have dinosaur fossils but no mention of these beasts in the bible??

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Well if you consider Angels to be ethereal non-coporeal creatures (as they are described), you wouldnt expect to find any fossils (given they dont use permanent physical vessels like we do).

As for what is the point of the dinosaur races you could easily ask the same question about the races of man.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Hi woodwardjnr,

Hope this helps.

I disagree. The first "inhabitants" were extraterrestrial, and implanted the concept of their "angelic" nature into the humans on this planet - which THEY created genetically.

The dinosaurs were a first attempt to bring an intelligent race from the reptilian ET's. We are the product of mammalian ET's attempts.

The Terra Papers (linked in my sig) have what I consider to be the closest to our actual history that we have.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Even thought you mean to say that all is just a story, I would like to point out that the serpent in the garden of Eden was a reptile, and that before it got cursed by God, could walk and talk and reason with Adam and Eve.

God didn't make angels into dinosaurs but there were definitely some reptilians walking the Earth.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Fromabove]

No, I dont remember reading that God cursed Satan in the garden...I remember he got a bit cross with A+E of course for eating from the tree...and sure, the snake was partially to blame in respects that he suggested it may be a great idea...but Gods anger was pretty focused on the humans there. I guess it was expected for Satan to tempt them and try to corrupt.

God should really have had a bit more foresight...why even have the tree there in the first place...or put the garden right around the one tree you dont want messed with.

ok, maybe then, WE were the dinosaurs, and the actual curse of God was taking away our cool dino eliteness and turning us into a bunch of damned dirty apes - hair....so, of course there would be no record of dinos being different...because they were us before the curse/flood/whatnot

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join