It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create the Dinosaurs?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Groupies--

I can just hear one of our descendant-relatives from the year 600,509 AD saying,

'So, why did G-d create all those nasty homo sapiens sapiens back half a million years ago? I mean all they did was walk around tearing each other up...as well as wreacking havoc destroying their own planet...what was THEIR purpose in the divine plan?'

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I would have a hard time answering that one !

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I've seen many funda-mental-ists claim that fossils are a trick. God put them there to test our faith, lol. And still others think men and dinosaurs co-existed.

So I guess Alley Oop rode a T-Rex to church every Sunday, lol.

Jokes aside though, you're not going to get a good answer as to why. There is no why because there is no God. But I'm sure their replies will be entertaining.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well since there is no God, it did not create anything. The dinosaurs had no plan. We have no plan either. We're just another species on another planet in another galaxy.

Time to grow up.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarp2000
Hi woodwardjnr,
Well, we aren't the first inhabitants of this planet.
The dinosaurs existed in an era when man wasn't created yet.
The first inhabitants were angels. The Archangel Lucifer was put on this planet with a third of the angels, to beautify it, maintain it, and complete its creation.
In this process they would also develop and fix their characters.
As we know, they rebelled against God, the whole Earth was destroyed and covered with water, and Lucifer became Satan.
I am afraid the poor Dinosaurs died along with everything else.

So i guess you can say that the dinosaurs were a part of some plan by God, but a plan that didn't involve us.

Hope this helps.

According to some priests Lucifer and Satan were 2 different entities. Lucifer fell out of God's grace because of pride and joined forces with Satan. It goes on to say that Satan existed from the beginning before God created any angels.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by nightmarehalo]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I really enjoy the whole 'God hid dinosaur fossils to test our faith' thing. As if all the other issues arent enough!
I like to think that when he made the earth, some kind of young boy mentality came over him and he had the urge to create some really big cool animals so he could watch them fight. But as with any young child, he got bored.. so he went back to the drawing board

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
It is my opinion that the Earth is 4 billion years old (as according to science), evolution happened, dinosaurs went extinct 65 million years ago, etc. But that doesn't mean I am atheist or don't believe in a god. I don't see why the very fact that all this happened, even evolution, a 4 billion year old Earth, dinosaurs, everything science has proven could not be attributed to a god or some universal force. Personally I have never saw the issues people try to place between science and religion, also I think BOTH have A LOT still to learn. This is all my opinion though.

Actually it's only the creationists I have a problem with who want to teach kids in school the earth is 6000 years old, so there's an inevitable wedge between religion and science there. But most religious people think the Earth is older, and in that case I agree there's no reason for a conflict between religion and science when religion can accept the Earth is over 4 billion years old. You could say God, or Nature, or whatever you want to call that which created this universe started it in motion 14 billion years ago such that the dinosaurs and everything since has transpired in a fashion that doesn't necessarily conflict with religious belief.

The only people that feel threatened by the existence of the dinosaurs I think are the creationists who think the Earth is 6000 years old and I have no problem ridiculing creation science which greatly distorts the scientific method in a misguided attempt to try to prove a predetermined conclusion of a young Earth. This is not because I want to belittle anyone's faith, but rather I wish to stifle any movements that attempt to have such fallacy as a 6000 year old Earth taught in schools.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
To tell you the truth, I wouldn't want to be God...

An eternal life is boring lol, that's why he made the dinosaurs.

link   
Dino's are fun to play with. He made them so he could play with them in the same manner that out children plays with toy dinos. When he was bored with playing with them, or possibly grew out of them, who knows, he destroyed them and made man. When he get's bored with us he will destroy us and make something else.

link   
It's all about the oil.
It always has been and always will be.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by js331975
Dino's are fun to play with. He made them so he could play with them in the same manner that out children plays with toy dinos. When he was bored with playing with them, or possibly grew out of them, who knows, he destroyed them and made man. When he get's bored with us he will destroy us and make something else.

He's got bored of us already.. Noah & the ark!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

You know, I'm a hardcore evolutionist, but THAT, actually made me laugh. Touche and well played.

semi serious: why oh why did god have to create spiders, and millipedes and other icky creepy crawlies? *shudder*

If we're supposedly all made in god's image, then please explain Carrot Top?

More serious: If god made everything, then why did me make ebola, hiv, cancer, athlete's foot, calcium deposits in knees, and mosquitoes?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightmarehalo
According to some priests Lucifer and Satan were 2 different entities. Lucifer fell out of God's grace because of pride and joined forces with Satan. It goes on to say that Satan existed from the beginning before God created any angels.

I've heard varying reports as well, but I basically gained the understanding that Lucifer was the being, Satan is more the concept, ie all the demons, bad gods, etc are considered 'satan' in the same way all non-kosher food by the jewish is considered traefe (sp?)

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Some recent evidence has come to light questioning the OS that dinosaurs are "billions and billions" of years old.

T-rex fossils found with intact connective tissue

A year ago this month, the journal Science reported that a team led by Dr. Schweitzer found flexible connective tissue and branching blood vessels, as well as intact cells (that have the appearance of red blood cells) and osteocytes (bone cells) in the femur (thigh bone) of a “68-million-year-old” T. rex uncovered in Montana

The tissue/blood vessels are not millions of years old at all, but were mostly fossilized under catastrophic conditions a few thousand years ago at most. (I.e., by the global Flood of Noah’s time, about 4,300 years ago.)

The deeply entrenched idea of long ages is so dominant in most of the scientific establishments that facts will not undermine the evolution belief system. … Philosophers of science like Thomas Kuhn have pointed out what generally happens when a discovery contradicts a paradigm: the paradigm is not discarded but modified.

Years ago when a startled Dr. Schweitzer found what appeared to be blood cells in a T. rex bone, she said, “it was exactly like looking at a slice of modern bone. But, of course, I couldn’t believe it. … The bones, after all, are 65 million years old. How could blood cells survive that long?” Her first reaction was to question the evidence, not the paradigm.

Almost certainly this astonishing discovery will become an “accepted” phenomenon that even “stretchy” soft tissues must be somehow capable of surviving for millions of years … and “stretching” beyond belief the idea that the evolutionary timetable concerning dinosaurs can be true.

It is entirely possible dinosaurs may have become extinct during the great flood of Noah's time.

The tissue/blood vessels are not millions of years old at all, but were mostly fossilized under catastrophic conditions a few thousand years ago at most. (I.e., by the global Flood of Noah’s time, about 4,300 years ago.)

Of course, evolutionists refuse to believe the evidence right before their eyes.

Years ago when a startled Dr. Schweitzer found what appeared to be blood cells in a T. rex bone, she said, “it was exactly like looking at a slice of modern bone. But, of course, I couldn’t believe it. … The bones, after all, are 65 million years old. How could blood cells survive that long?” Her first reaction was to question the evidence, not the paradigm.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I find it fascinating to see how many people have been brainwashed into a certain belief of good and evil by their need to please others. I use to look at things in the same way and always asked "why".

We have "proof" that there were animals that existed on this earth millions of years ago. Even if we are off by a few million years we can still look back and see that it was still millions of years ago that life existed, and that it was still millions of years before the introduction of man.

Now that I am capable of looking at things from "outside the box", it is funny to me to see how absolutely immature, ridiculous and just downright contradictory it was for me to ever believe the silly stories of God and Satan fighting each other, the need for a greater being creating a species that he "needs" to be worshiped by, the goofy stories of snakes and apples and arks and 2 animals, etc., etc., etc.

So this fatherly creator created a species called man, gave him a bag of candy yet said, "Don't eat the candy". Sounds like a real intelligent creator to me.....hahahah...This God created an opposing force and even gave him a name so he could do battle with him for what?...His amusement? Wow!!! That is insanity if I have ever seen it.

Stop asking "why is" to everything and just accept that it "IS" and you can live your life in peace. The Universe has "always" been here and it will always be here. Period.

Dinosaurs are not mentioned in the bible cause the bible is nothing more than a book of contradictions and guidelines from man that cannot be lived up to. Stop being afraid of gods and satans and demons and live in joy and peace. If you were to obtain all the knowledge there is to know about the dinosaurs, would you then be satisfied?

Would you then go on to "Why did god create air"? It never ends and it will drive you nuts if you let it. It's kind of a conundrum when you think about "why did god gave you thought"?....think about it!!!.....hahahah

There were living things that were on this planet a long time ago and man named them "dinosaurs"......end of subject.

peas.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

he didn't. the devil and the jews worked together to build the hoax.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikestaff

why are there no cave paintings of Dinosaurs?

This is just one of several ancient dinosaur depictions. Check out the following site and look at the cave drawing/etching that was discovered that Science News allegedly refused to report and is now supposed to be closed to the public. Does anybody know anything about this?

Ancient Dinosaur Depictions

[edit on 4-12-2009 by gazerstar]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarp2000

i was talking to him the other day and he said he had nothing to do with dinasours and when he found out they were here he wiped them out

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
God created the dinosaurs for the same reason he created us:
For the pure joy of it, and out of love for life!

It was just too bad that the dinosaurs chose to live a life of sin and debauchery,
which caused God to rain fire and giant rocks from the heavens, and start over.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The God from the Old Testament seems to act very child-like, always throwing angry tantrums and stuff.
The God of the New Testament seems to be a little more understanding and forgiving.

Maybe God was actually a child when the Earth was young and has matured as the Universe continues to age?

Maybe God outgrew his love for dinosaurs ages ago?

Little kids love dinosaurs, maybe little Gods do too.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Alxandro]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The word dinosaur did not even exist when the bible was written. Although there are 3 terms that most attribute to referring to dinosaurs and their relatives. Tanniyn, Behemoth and leviathan.

Tanniyn occurs 28 times in the Bible and is normally translated “dragon.” It is also translated “serpent,” “sea monster,” “dinosaur,” “great creature,” and “reptile.” Behemoth and Leviathan are relatively specific creatures, perhaps each was a single kind of animal. Tanniyn is a more general term, and it can be thought of as the original version of the word “dinosaur.” The word “dinosaur” was originally coined in 1841, more than three thousand years after the Bible first referred to “Tanniyn.”

So in my opinion, this debate is more about terms and realizing what the bible is referring to.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join