It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create the Dinosaurs?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by gerg357
How come we have dinosaur fossils but no mention of these beasts in the bible??

There are a few hints of them in the Bible, but basically, the Bible is the account of what has happened and is happening and will happen in the creation in the time of mankind. It is the book dedicated to what happens between man and God since his creation.

The dinosaurs were an earlier creation and what went on at that time isn't so much talked about in the Bible, however, some ancient texts do describe that an angelic system was here and that it rebelled and God destroyed it and all life from the Earth. While this is described in other ancient texts, the Bible repeats this scenario after the fallen angels again attempt to interfere with God's creation and corrupt all flesh. God again destroys it covering the Earth again in water under darkness, only this time he spares some of the human and animal life that is not affected with tampering by the fallen angels.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by Fromabove]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
first off...touche on the angels wouldn't leave fossils thing.

second...i think all of this is just waaay to out there for me. I'm kind of happy with the way I see it...dinosaurs were here...then they died out...human life spawned..we are here and will die out at some point. (that is the abridged version of course)

sorry if i sounded douchey with my post earlier..tired and having questions about something that kinda boggles you comes out that way. the questions were serious though.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
You ask why God created dinosaurs as if you understand why he created everything else. What I want to know is why does anything exist?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
The Source created the universe to take on an evolutionary course. This isn't just limited to Earth, it's the course of life throughout all planets. Did our consciousness inhabit the bodies of dinosaurs? Possibly. Or were we busy incarnating on other planes, and planets of existence? That is the most probably answer.

The universe's nature is to make consciousness always questions it's origins. That is the fun part of the game we call life.

I LOVE your post!!! I am an atheist to the bone but that doesnt mean I cannot believe in spirituality and your post is closest to my beliefs. I just don't buy the babble in that book ppl always reference, Star for you my friend!

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is another perspective. From someone who debates the existence of God.
www.edge.org...
I know this is a dinosaur thread. I have had the same question.

The second poster to join the discussion took stories directly from the Sumerian Tablet found in the forties, which were later weaved into the Bible stories.

For quite a while I thought God, in His attempt to create a companion of sorts (compare to adopt a pet) made the dinosaurs. After letting them go on for awhile God decided He didn't LIKE THEM. They are after all, cold, reptillian not exactly cuddly, so he wiped them out. Then He created the warm blooded mammals and then man. For a "companion" like creatures to watch in a terrarium. After awhile He didn't like THEM EITHER and so tried to wipe them out with the flood. Some got away. Since then I had come to read the 12th Planet which even if there is not additional planet IN OUR OWN ROTATION, it is clear we began here from otherworldly origins.
Science theorizes we may have developed from bacteria in meteors. How this fits in with other stories..whether it is embellished or simplified...of course I know nothing. Like everyone I can only speculate.

If you believe Zecharia Sitchtin who lays down some interesting theories regarding these texts he will tell you we were instead created by one of two brothers who were stationed here from another planet to mine resources. We were created to be slaves, There was a good brother a warm fuzzy animal lover who had a great relationship with his sister and the two of THEM actually created us in laboratory setting (not unlike a Holy Alter-complete with operating robes!) with vials of blood (dna) from their race. Meanwhile the other brother, not as kind nor attached to us humans started to work us literally to death - we were expendable.
Back on the home planet GOD/THE FATHER got ahold of what his sons were doing here and came once or twice to check it out. He ended up scolding the brother and sister who made us, but even worse he railed at the miserable treatment we were getting as slaves from the meaner brother. While he was here an Earthling took him aside ENOCH and said God your son made us but don't wipe us out now...look we are decent creatures, in fact I am quite a bit like you. This endeared the pitiful "human" creatures to God/the Father, he took Enoch back to His planet and let the rest of us live until the flood. God all the while was doutful HUMANS were ever going to amount to anything...eventually with enough "good" humans (clever, funny, kind) interacting with the Father (by long distance now, through emissaries ANGELS) he decided to spare the clan of Noah and when we still didn't come around and become the creatures He hoped we might be, He gave us one last chance. "You people don't get it, maybe if I send AN EXAMPLE OF HOW YOU ARE TO BE, ONE OF MY OWN...in fact a favorite Son -Jesus, maybe he can talk some sense into you nasty fighting beasts...and to God we are beasts...like my cat is to me. I couldn't love him more but he is a beast...compared to me.

Personally until it is proved otherwise and for a respectable time afterward I choose to believe in God for personal reasons. I have never NOT got what I have asked for. I have rarely felt "out of touch" with God as if He isn't there. I don't know how to describe it. Intellectually God has not been proved to exist but internally even physically to me He has.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged

The Source created the universe to take on an evolutionary course. This isn't just limited to Earth, it's the course of life throughout all planets. Did our consciousness inhabit the bodies of dinosaurs? Possibly. Or were we busy incarnating on other planes, and planets of existence? That is the most probably answer.

The universe's nature is to make consciousness always questions it's origins. That is the fun part of the game we call life.

I LOVE your post!!! I am an atheist to the bone but that doesnt mean I cannot believe in spirituality and your post is closest to my beliefs. I just don't buy the babble in that book ppl always reference, Star for you my friend!

I'm just curious, and I don't mean to be OT but if you could tell me if that would include other books such as Hindu, Islam, Confucius, Tibetan to name a few, or is it just that book of the Christians and Jews.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Well, possibly the bible does mention them. Behemoth and Leviathan anyone?

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by stereovoyaged

I'm just curious, and I don't mean to be OT but if you could tell me if that would include other books such as Hindu, Islam, Confucius, Tibetan to name a few, or is it just that book of the Christians and Jews.

Well organized religion in general is my beef and to be quite honest I am really only familiar with the writings of Abrahamic religions, so i guess you could throw the quaran in there too.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
One flaw in some of your theories......Not all creatures were destroyed when the dinosaurs were wiped out.. some kinds of fish survived along with turtles and crocodiles and other sea creatures like the horseshoe crap.

In reality 99% of All species that has existed on Earth has gone extinct. Is this Intelligent Design? Or was the book written in a time when our history of Earth was not fully understood?

*edit to add* The Dinosaurs were a extremely successful species they thrived for hundreds of millions of years.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by LDragonFire]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
One flaw in some of your theories......Not all creatures were destroyed when the dinosaurs were wiped out.. some kinds of fish survived along with turtles and crocodiles and other sea creatures like the horseshoe crap.

In reality 99% of All species that has existed on Earth has gone extinct. Is this Intelligent Design? Or was the book written in a time when our history of Earth was not fully understood?

The Bible says He destroyed the land creatures who had the breath of life in their nostrils.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

But not birds, turtles or crocodiles? The extinction level event that killed the dinosaurs did not completely wipe out all life on Earth, plants also survived this event.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Plants are very interesting because I've seen plants in water survive, and once I cut some tree limbs and they stayed green for weeks just from absorbing water from the air. As for birds, who knows how many chose to sit on the Ark after the doors were shut. It is possible some did. But I think in birds like dogs is the makeup of all birds and so they could form breeds like dogs do yet all coming from one bird or several. I would say maybe some turtles hitched a ride as well...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Technically, aren't the dinosaurs still here? I always thought alligators & crocs were considered descendents of dinos. But then again, what the h-ll do I know...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
The truth be told there has been five cataclysmic events or mass extinction, many say we are in a sixth, but not one of these events has had a total extinction of all life on Earth.

I did a thread a while back that fits If creationism is from God then why is it so imperfect.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Why, if you were a life form on this planet...turtle, dinosaur, pre-primate or WHATEVER and a meteor hit and raised up a dust storm which was killing you off, or whatever the catastrophic earthshaking event was that affected this earth...why wouldn't you just go underground?

I believe our inner planet Earth is partially hollow, like when you crack open a geod and see the crystiline structures clinging to the sides. Rivers, lakes and phosphorescent lighting.
I also believe it is teaming with life. I think it is entirely possible some even very well advanced intelligent life, precursors to humans or distant relatives live quite peacefully there.
I know, I know -You are laughing now -I hear you...
...but it is ONLY your pre-conditioning that makes you believe it is only layers of molten rock!
If something drove this early life into the planet...Why come back out? Why take a chance it will happen again? You would adapt.

"Life finds a way"...Jeff Goldblum/ Jurassic Park

[edit on 4-12-2009 by rusethorcain]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Well, possibly the bible does mention them. Behemoth and Leviathan anyone?

The Bible mentions the dragons many times. God did curse the serpent
to crawl on his belly and eat the dust of the earth. So the walking,
talking serpent bacame a snake. Satan is refered to as "that old Dragon"
In Rev. So the fallen could very well have become dinosaurs.
They can take on any form they choose.
"The Devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape."

I don't know if OP realises ,he has brought up a topic of some magnitude.
SnF

[edit on 4-12-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

BTW i'dd love to see some Angel fossils.....funny how they've never come across those...

I'm sure Homer Simpson unearthed a Angel Fossil in one episode.

For those unbelievers who are curious and want to see angel fossils:

Here a link to a jurassic specimen, which was found in Germany (Scroll down to number 234)
www.nipissingu.ca...

This was just a drawing. Some of you may still be sceptical: Here a link to a photographed fossil.
www.plattenkalk-nusplingen.naturkundemuseum-bw.de...

Today we need special equipment to photograph these rare beings. But some dedicated observers got lucky. These are the breathtaking results:
images.google.de...

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The Earth has gone through several different stages of evolution. Life has been in a constant state of change (from single celled organisms, to complex organisms, to arthropods, to aquatic life, to amphibians and reptiles, to mammals, etc.) for the last ~3.5 billion years, so you could say the purpose of the dinosaurs was simply their time as the dominant species on the planet just like homo-sapiens developed sentience and reason to become the most dominant species of the planet.

As far as any god creating the dinosaurs for a specific purpose, I can't speak on that matter since, if there actually was a source to everything in existence, it would be absurd to try and quantify its purpose.

[edit on 4-12-2009 by DisappearCompletely]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I believe Evolution created the dinosaurs
Just as we came to existence by evolution

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Maybe they were put here for us to draw interest in and to explore other domains. I mean, people always think God is out to get them, maybe all he wants is for us to enjoy and explore our surroundings. Could you imagine how boring life would be if we had no giant oceans to explore, or if we couldn't dig the land or even no space exploration?

As a Christian, I love doing all those things because it stimulates the minds and allows us to grow and become more appreciative of our environment.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join