It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did God create the Dinosaurs?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

I have read it. I said:

This is what I don't understand. If Moses, or whoever it was that wrote Genesis was inspired by "God" or that "God" spoke through the writer of Genesis, and the definition of a day (see below) is explained, then how and why could someone assume that a day to "God" is anything but a 24 hr. period?

I don't know why you assume I was bashing the book? Is questioning something bashing it?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
It states in a later section of the books of moses (the old testament) that time in heaven is measured differently to time on earth, and discusses possible ways of measuring the difference.

If you take a day and a night to be a 24 hour period one day, what about then in the south pole where a day can last several months etc.

There are a lot of things not specifically mentioned in the bible, especially in Genesis. We arent told exactly how the animals are constructed, or even what animals are constructed, as an example.

Also dont read it literally, please, you won't get anything of value out of it that way.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by gYvMessanger]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Angus123

I've seen many funda-mental-ists claim that fossils are a trick. God put them there to test our faith, lol. And still others think men and dinosaurs co-existed.

You should know more about what you boast.

Right on my Brother! If dinosaurs were alive today, we'd kick their ass again.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto

I have read it. I said:

This is what I don't understand. If Moses, or whoever it was that wrote Genesis was inspired by "God" or that "God" spoke through the writer of Genesis, and the definition of a day (see below) is explained, then how and why could someone assume that a day to "God" is anything but a 24 hr. period?

I don't know why you assume I was bashing the book? Is questioning something bashing it?

O.K. Cool - Settle down Peace. I'll get you on the right track. Moses didn't exist until the book of Exodus, and God is a spiritual being. Linear time is only a creation of man, time as we pretend to measure it doesn't exist in the spiritual realm. I'll go one further for you though to help... The Old Testament is only a record of the descendants of Adam. That's why there is all that paternal lineage within the book. It's not about all people who lived at that time, only the descendants of Adam.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
lol just patetic people that there are religion fan boys coming to this board ... really, this is getting unbelievable

to answer the op ...

well, something may have created them, just like us, or evolution, but you just cannot say that x OR y did it because really, there is no proof

this is not a conspiracy, since there is no FACT

for the religion fan boys ... research at least the history of the religions, if you still want to continue living your life believing in some random book, well, good for you

I am not saying that nothing out of ordinary exists, I am just saying that all these books were made with an objetive ... research about it and if you have an average qi, you may find out what this objetive is

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
lol just patetic people that there are religion fan boys coming to this board ... really, this is getting unbelievable

Really... Is it "patetic" - dork.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

The Old Testament is referred to as The Books of Moses (as the party line goes they where channeled via Moses through the presence in the Ark during the time of the Exodus).

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Religion fan boys ?

This is the conspiracies in religion forum what did you expect hot political debate ?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by elle.mental

All my life I have wondered why God created dinos and you just gave such a simple and realistic answer I had to laugh and shake my head at my own blind ignorance.

Of course he would create huge eating machines like the dinos, if he didn't that dense vegetation would have soon taken over everything. The human population was small and would have made no real impact on the vegetation of the entire earth in those early years. When you consider how much a single deer can eat and clear out in a single night, then consider what a deer the size of a Brontosaurus could do!! I believe there were also more trees the size of Redwoods at that time.

As for the extinction, that had to happen when such huge beasts were turn carnivorous. I don't believe he made an over abundance of them and they probably didn't have a lot of young (considering the habits of an Elephant or Whale). It wouldn't have taken very long for the carnivores to wipe out their real food supply, aka: other dinos. Then all it had left was the small stuff. A creature that size could "possibly" run itself to death just trying to eat enough to live.

I will have to study this thought more and do a bit of research. Thank you!

Star for you

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Really? Can we just stop the bickering and all the pointless questions.

If the OP was answered 100% CORRECT, what would we get from it?

Stop asking about what happened in our past, pleaaase! We live in the now, we move towards the future. Nothing about the past(in relation to origins) has ever, or will ever, have any substantial "net force" on the outcomes of our lives. Live it, love it, question it, don't question it...just don't question the past. It happened. Move on. Quit dwelling in the past cause you're making the future look GRIM!

A2D

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger

The Old Testament is referred to as The Books of Moses (as the party line goes they where channeled via Moses through the presence in the Ark during the time of the Exodus).

A good question. They were actually called the Five Books of Moses (or Pentateuch) which today is what we refer to as the Torah though Moses himself did not appear until Exodus, the second book of the five.

The Arc of the Covenant actually only carried the 10 commandments. The rest of the Torah was held by the Levitacan Priesthood called Levites. It was their job to teach the other laws to the other 11 tribes and perform whatever priestly duties were required as outlined in the second book Leviticus.

This is where all the rules of Kosher this or that come from today in Judaism. It was called the Arc of the Covenant because at that time it was considered to be the covenant between the people of Israel and God.

This is why Jesus called his ministry "The New Covenant" - The New Covenant was not just between the Children of Israel, but for all of mankind. This is fundamentally what separates Christianity from Judaism. The New Covenant was not specifically for the Adamic lineage (as the old covenant was), but for all people of all races.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   

I've seen many funda-mental-ists claim that fossils are a trick. God put them there to test our faith, lol. And still others think men and dinosaurs co-existed.

Stop at 48 secs I believe that is a Giant.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by randyvs]

Wow... some ancients made some rock carvings that look like dinosaurs.
Boy you really showed me, lol.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123

Stop at 48 secs I believe that is a Giant.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by randyvs]

Wow... some ancients made some rock carvings that look like dinosaurs.
Boy you really showed me, lol.

Come'on Angus, you're a good guy, what answer are you really looking for?

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
If God created everything, why did he create dinosaurs? I mean all they did was walk round tearing each other up to bits.

We can all agree Dinosaurs existed, so what was their purpose in the big plan?

walking round tearing each other up is what most animals do...if god created this place then he sure is a bit of a sicko

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
First, God created dinosaur bones. We have no evidence that the bones were once alive. For example, man creates an airplane. We do not have evidence that the airplane was flown.

Second, God can do whatever He wants.

Third, the world was not created in six days in the sense of our having it in existence. It was created in a day. Genesis 1 does not reflect an actual creation. Rather, it is a period of planning. Things are created and made, not formed. Forming takes place in Genesis 2:6 and after. After the formation of the Earth and dirt watered with a mist, man was formed. Nothing else was alive on Earth. Then, God made the Garden of Eden. In the Garden of Eden, God formed all the living things in front of Adam, and Adam named them. For you and I, think of forming as making them into matter.

Please get your facts straight.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by Jim Scott]

So... god just made the bones and left them laying about for us to find? We find these fossilized skeletons, but we can't know for sure if they were ever alive?

As much as I know this is going to end up with hilarity ensuing, I have to ask you what could his motivation have possibly been to do such a thing, lol.

If you want facts, look at the facts. You are assuming the evidences are indicating there were living dinosaurs. You do not know there were living dinosaurs. You do know, however, that there are bones that appear to be from living dinosaurs.

God can do anything He wants. If He wants to make a bonepile, it's not a problem. Consider this picture of Earth from space and tell me God can't make dinosaur bones without making dinosaurs. bonkbonk.files.wordpress.com...

Your question is: Why would God make the bones and not the dinosaurs? Your answer is: to give you a choice. You see, according to the Bible, man was formed on the Earth after a one day creation. After man was formed, God formed all the living things. God planted the Garden of Eden and put man into it. Then God formed all the animals and brought them to Adam to see what he would name them. Adam saw all the animals being formed.

The bones of dinosaurs in the Earth allow you to consider that there may have been evolution, and a great space of time, for creation. This is a choice you must make. You can either believe God, when He said He made it in a day, or you can believe the science and turn away from God. Which choice would show God your love for Him?

If there were no bones, there would be no choice.

Another thing to consider, which may make more sense for you, is the meaning of Genesis 2:6 and thereafter. You may notice that there is a segway summary in Genesis 2:4-5. Here, in two very important verses, we see that this recap confirms that Genesis 1 is not the creation into matter. Note the wording: 5 And every plant of the field BEFORE IT WAS IN THE EARTH, and every herb of the field BEFORE IT GREW...

You will not see the word "formed" in Genesis 1. The word "formed" does not occur until Genesis 2:7 and after.

There is a description of the forming of the plants, rivers, minerals, man, the special trees, the beasts, and then the woman. The woman, however, was "made" from a man who was "formed." Therefore, once the matter was made, following creation was "made" from matter.

There is no apparent timeline for the length of time during this "formed" creation. There is no mention of any time at all. The nearest mention of time is in Gen 2:4, when there is a review of the Gen 1 account. In this word "day" it means a time, not like in Genesis 1 where it means an evening and a morning (a literal 24 hour day).

We do not know how long Adam lived in the Garden of Eden before Eve was made, but we do know there was enough time to name all the animals. Considering that God may have continued forming animals, there could have been thousands, perhaps millions. They were not mentioned as having all come to Adam at the same time, which would have been overwhelming. It is more likely there were a few each day.

Adam, at the time, was eternal. He did not begin dying until after eating the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. He could have lived from the beginning until more recent times. There is no account of how long the period of time was between the creation of Adam and the creation of Eve, but it can be assumed from the text that it must have occurred after Adam found that not one of the animals was a mate for him. Therefore, we may assume it could have taken until the creation of the last animal.

Tell me, how long do you think that timeline could be for someone who would not die?

[edit on 12/5/2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I don't expect any answer really. There is no god and as such the OP's question is pointless. And I suspect he knew that, and was simply illustrating a point.

But the guy with the youtube video trying to make the case that humans and dinosaurs co-existed because some ancients depicted creatures that look like dinosaurs... well that is worthy of derision.

It illustrates that some people will defy gravity itself with mile high leaps of illogic all so they can keep their fragile belief system intact in a world that scares the crap out of them.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
If God created everything, why did he create dinosaurs? I mean all they did was walk round tearing each other up to bits.

We can all agree Dinosaurs existed, so what was their purpose in the big plan?

The same reason why everything else is created? For human purposes. It is written in the Quran, read it once in a while.. It has clear answers to subjective questions.

GOD says everything in this universe is created for humans to interact with. As you can see we are interacting, we are using everything, from atoms to gravity, to friction etc etc. Everything in this universe can be used for our own purposes.

Why dinosaurs you may ask? They say petrol comes from biological beings, that is a lot of energy. We are using it, but at the same time we are fighting over it and killing each other due to it. Dinosaurs helped create this massive wells of underground energy.

The Qur'an eh?

There must have been a hell of a lot of dinosaurs in the middle east.

Also, just to say it, most oil is the result of plankton etc, which was far more abundant 4000 years ago. You know, when god wrote books.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

First, God created dinosaur bones. We have no evidence that the bones were once alive. For example, man creates an airplane. We do not have evidence that the airplane was flown.

Second, God can do whatever He wants.

Third, the world was not created in six days in the sense of our having it in existence. It was created in a day. Genesis 1 does not reflect an actual creation. Rather, it is a period of planning. Things are created and made, not formed. Forming takes place in Genesis 2. After the formation of the Earth and dirt watered with a mist, man was formed. Nothing else was alive on Earth. Then, God made the Garden of Eden. In the Garden of Eden, God formed all the living things in front of Adam, and Adam named them. For you and I, think of forming as making them into matter.

Please get your facts straight.

[edit on 12/4/2009 by Jim Scott]

So... god just made the bones and left them laying about for us to find? We find these fossilized skeletons, but we can't know for sure if they were ever alive?

As much as I know this is going to end up with hilarity ensuing, I have to ask you what could his motivation have possibly been to do such a thing, lol.

If you want facts, look at the facts. You are assuming the evidences are indicating there were living dinosaurs. You do not know there were living dinosaurs. You do know, however, that there are bones that appear to be from living dinosaurs.

God can do anything He wants. If He wants to make a bonepile, it's not a problem. Consider this picture of Earth from space and tell me God can't make dinosaur bones without making dinosaurs. bonkbonk.files.wordpress.com...

Your question is: Why would God make the bones and not the dinosaurs? Your answer is: to give you a choice. You see, according to the Bible, man was formed on the Earth after a one day creation. After man was formed, God formed all the living things. God planted the Garden of Eden and put man into it. Then God formed all the animals and brought them to Adam to see what he would name them. Adam saw all the animals being formed.

The bones of dinosaurs in the Earth allow you to consider that there may have been evolution, and a great space of time, for creation. This is a choice you must make. You can either believe God, when He said He made it in a day, or you can believe the science and turn away from God. Which choice would show God your love for Him?

If there were no bones, there would be no choice.

Wow... you really are serious with that. I can believe in god, or I can believe in science and turn away from God?

I'm sorry man, but there's no way anyone should take you seriously.
Chalk it up to me being tricked by the devil if that's what you have to do to keep your security blanket draped over your head.

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Um.. I dunno.. what do you run your car and machines and factories and everything on? Oil? Coal? What creates oil and coal? The majority of both were created during the age of the dinosaurs. All those plants and giant animals dying and being compressed over the eons, formed the massive reservoirs of oil and beds of coal we now have.

They are called fossil fuels for a reason.

So.. perhaps they were the catalyst to put us past the metal ages, and into the future.

[edit on 5-12-2009 by fleabit]

So effectively you consider that we can blame those damn dinosaurs for the ETS and all the hoopla about global warming.

The dino's did it !!

Rawr!!! I angry!!

I find the entire subject of GOD and Dinosaurs combined so weird, I mean, it means someone must believe the is a break in how we scale time, or something.

Funny stuff however.

Ahh but I ramble.. I'll have the usual suspects on my back if I keep it up. tara!

posted on Dec, 5 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
God likes curve balls.

LMAO, Kinky...

sry, I couldnt resist.

Lets count - 1,2,3... hurrah..

snizzle..

[edit on 5/12/2009 by Ha`la`tha]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join