It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

How do you know you were born gay? When you were born did your mother ask you? If so how did you respond? Write your answer down? Speak whilst as a baby?

Because when I was a little kid I knew I had an attraction to guys, I was always looking at them, I never looked at the girls or wanted to hang out with them. This was when I was 7. At that age I didn't even know what gay was, I grew up in a strictly conservative house in Alabama so it wasn't really talked about much.

Do you CHOOSE who you are attracted to or fall in love with?

Your fighting a loosing battle, repeatedly I have refuted several of your statements.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by devilishlyangelic23

There may be some environemtnal, hormonal influences in early life, but out of a womb, there is no proof of being born gay. Do you believe a murderer was born a murderer?

link   

Yes God created Life and the universe. He gave us intelligence to use wisely, not for wars, only for the benefit of mankind. But we are using our intelligence to fight wars and do more harm than good eventually.

How is propagating our species no matter which way harmful?

link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Yes we all choose who we are attracted to and who we fall in love with? Are you trying to say that we are helpless victims of our emotions?

When I met my wife I made a choice to choose her to be my girlfriend and then my wife. Before that I met a bunch of girls that I made a conscious decision to sleep with.

Does it work differently if you are gay?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

There may be some environemtnal, hormonal influences in early life, but out of a womb, there is no proof of being born gay. Do you believe a murderer was born a murderer?

How are the 2 even comparable, we are talking about a persons sexuality here.

Like I said do you choose who to be attracted to or fall in love with? Didn't think you would answer that question, because it would disprove everything you have said.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

How do you know you were born gay? When you were born did your mother ask you? If so how did you respond? Write your answer down? Speak whilst as a baby?

Because when I was a little kid I knew I had an attraction to guys, I was always looking at them, I never looked at the girls or wanted to hang out with them. This was when I was 7. At that age I didn't even know what gay was, I grew up in a strictly conservative house in Alabama so it wasn't really talked about much.

Your fighting a loosing battle, repeatedly I have refuted several of your statements.

Age seven is not the same as being born gay. Their are murderer's in their early teens as well. Once again, I have proven that you do not have evidence of being born gay, you have evidence of discovering that you were gay at age 7, that is all.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Contact Merriam webster. Some things dont change. The laws of physics have been operating in this universe for more than 15 billion years...much longer than when you were just a piece of DNA swimming in your mother's womb which were governed by the laws of physics which you mock for their age.

Merriam webster needs to update there defintion for the sole fact that gay marriage DOES exist, it's undeniable and it happens everyday all around the world, like it or not.

Who did I mock for there age?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
*Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post*

well. things have changed a significant deal. all you would have to do to realize that is go outside. what is happening, is that people are learning that there is more to life than what we've been told for centuries. people are learning that we are in charge of our own lives and we are free to choose who we want to love and be with. i fail to understand how the laws of physics prevent 2 people of the same sex from being married.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

And I have disproven your stance that it was a choice, that's all.

Answer the question, do you choose who you find attractive or who you fall in love with? You may choose who to sleep with, but the other 2 you can't help so much.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Age seven is not the same as being born gay. Their are murderer's in their early teens as well. Once again, I have proven that you do not have evidence of being born gay, you have evidence of discovering that you were gay at age 7, that is all.

and how else do you suppose a 7 year old would think they are gay? aside from being born that way...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

How are the 2 even comparable, we are talking about a persons sexuality here.

Like I said do you choose who to be attracted to or fall in love with? Didn't think you would answer that question, because it would disprove everything you have said.

Human sexuality is behavior, just as murder is behavior, so I am quite valid in my comparison. Love and lust are two separate things and I do not belive you chose to fall in love.

Wikipedia:
Human sexuality is how people experience the erotic and express themselves as sexual beings.[1] Frequently driven by the desire for sexual pleasure, human sexuality has biological, physical and emotional aspects. Biologically, it refers to the reproductive mechanism as well as the basic biological drive that exists in all species and can encompass sexual intercourse and sexual contact in all its forms. Emotional aspects deal with the intense emotions relating to sexual acts and associated social bonds. Physical issues around sexuality range from purely medical considerations to concerns about the physiological or even psychological and sociological aspects of sexual behaviour.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko

I feel you're entirely wrong, if we wanted that we would have a direct democracy.

You can "feel" wrong all you like but like MOST of the liberals on this board, they have no clue how off the mark their interpretation of the 14th ammendment is.

The idea that the 14th ammendment is about states guaranteeing that the governed should expect the government to force institutions to comply with entitlements not meant for people who don't qualify under state and federal law suggesting they are denied "equal rights under those same laws is absolute HOGWASH and I am sick of seeing the 14th used by Gays in this case where they have already passed legislation protecting gays under such unconstitutional laws as the "hate crimes" bill which is the very kind of legislation the 14th ammendment seeks to protect us from under due process laws. The moment a person receives additional punishment because his crime was somehow proven to be motivated by his hatred of gay who by the way have earned the disent they are currently receiving because they are becomming so very hard to tolerate anymore and i don't think anyone gives a rats patooty what they think is hatred and bigotry anymore. Polls taken recently in maine show their venemous vitriolic intolerance for the opinions of others who quietly went to the voting booths accross america and silently said NO, was something Gays just can't seem to understand yet they are flabberghasted thinking gay marriage should harm us before we have a right to say we don't approve and one doesn't have to be religious to find what they do is not only repugnant and quite natural for us straights who are born this way to claim we can't help our bigotry because we are born that way too.

The 14th is what protects us from suffering harsher justice exacted upon us in any other way anyone else hating someone else enough to murder them regardless of their gender, race or religion etc. Gays have completely disbaled the very ammendment they want to assert is the one that compels Government to ensure thier rights are as equal as ours.

The fact is, the rules for marriage apply the same for all of us and are not qualified by ones inability to love the opposite sex. That would be the individuals problem. NOT the states to get involved in.

Please read and understand the INTENT of the author of the 14th ammendment as he explained over a dozen times before congress that the 14th ammendment has NOTHING TO DO with ensuring we all get the same goodies in life. It has to do with how you are treated as a person being charged with a crime and pertains to the first 8 ammendments of the constitution having absolutley nothing to do with the bill of rights.

No State is under any duty to validate or recognize any marriage it considers unnatural or contrary to its own laws. Further, the privileges or immunities of United States citizens are not a shield against the laws of a State. For example: A State that might provide for anyone to carry concealed weapons will be of little value to someone under the privileges and immunities clause who enters another State with laws against concealed weapons.

Conclusion: California’s ban of same sex marriages is not contrary to the equal protection of the laws under which the language embodies. If the Supreme Court (State or Federal) wish an amendment they can use to strike down either reserved rights or laws of a State they should insist upon lawmakers to amend the Constitution rather than resort to making up ill-founded judicial remedies out of whole cloth.

the meaning of the equal protection clause pertains to proceedings of law.

"Bear in mind this sacred principle, that though the will of the majority is in all cases to prevail, that will to be rightful must be reasonable; that the minority possess their equal rights, which equal law must protect, and to violate would be oppression." Thomas Jefferson

again a complete mis understanding of the contextual distinction bingham and jefferson are referring to regarding the minority be given the exact same cons

Tyranny and despotism can be exercised by many, more rigorously, more vigorously, and more severely, than by one. Andrew Johnson

Yes this was an idea said to be idle rhetoric by Thomas Jefferson where he completely disagreed with Johnsons mob rule paranoia and explaining again was the 14th's author John Bingham .” Governments that function against the people’s will become the “public fountains of oppression and injustice.”

While all State constitutions generally guaranteed due process of the laws, this guarantee could be denied or unequally administered to persons of color, lead to President Andrew Johnson in his December 1865 message to Congress to declare there should be “equal and exact justice to all men.” This became the battle cry behind Rep. Bingham’s quest to amend the Constitution to guarantee “equal and exact justice to all men” before courts of justice.

The Fourteenth Amendment’s Equal Protection Clause was an important addition for giving effect to the Equal Protection of the Laws under the Civil Rights Bill of 1866, which Bingham had said he intended to codify under the Fourteenth Amendment. With the addition of the Equal Protection Clause under the Fourteenth Amendment, the defined Equal Protection of the Laws under the 1866 Civil Rights Bill was given full effect:

“Full and equal benefit of all laws and proceedings for the security of person and property, as is enjoyed by white citizens, and shall be subject to like punishment, pains, and penalties, and to none other, any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, or custom, to the contrary notwithstanding.” This is why Senator Howard introduced the words to mean:

While all State constitutions generally guaranteed due process of the laws, this guarantee could be denied or unequally administered to persons of color, lead to President Andrew Johnson in his December 1865 message to Congress to declare there should be “equal and exact justice to all men.” This became the battle cry behind Rep. Bingham’s quest to amend the Constitution to guarantee “equal and exact justice to all men” before courts of justice.

Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival.... To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law. The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discrimination. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State. U.S. supreme court

Three years after the adoption of the Fourteenth Amendment, Bingham declares what laws deserves equal protection: “No State should deny to any such person any of the rights which it guaranties to all men.”

What laws do States guarantee to all men post Fourteenth Amendment?

The laws of due process regarding exacting justice and protecting institutions governed by the state and marriage deliberately intended to mean that which is the kind of relationships no other have the unique ability to produce.
TAX PAYING OFFSPRING!

It makes it much easier to keep statistics and a myriad of other practical reasons gays have no business being involved anymore than any other "type" of relationship sexually active or not, blood related or not. Married couples have a RIGHT to this institution that is not covered under the 14th ammendment as a mechanism to bludgeon the courts into capitulating with gays whining demands.

federalistblog.us...

federalistblog.us...

federalistblog.us...

[edit on 5-11-2009 by Matt_Mason]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Contact Merriam webster. Some things dont change. The laws of physics have been operating in this universe for more than 15 billion years...much longer than when you were just a piece of DNA swimming in your mother's womb which were governed by the laws of physics which you mock for their age.

Merriam webster needs to update there defintion for the sole fact that gay marriage DOES exist, it's undeniable and it happens everyday all around the world, like it or not.

i did the mocking
i think the ways of life back in the 14th century has absolutely no place in a debate about the year 2009.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
*Removed large, nested, unnecessary quote*

Oh so things have changed for your liking? Like more war, more murder, more homosexuality. Just the kind of change you like in this world?

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilishlyangelic23

i did the mocking
i think the ways of life back in the 14th century has absolutely no place in a debate about the year 2009.

In the 14th century wasn't murder illegal as well? You think it should be legal now just because it was old?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Human sexuality is behavior, just as murder is behavior, so I am quite valid in my comparison. Love and lust are two separate things and I do not belive you chose to fall in love.

Finally you agree that it's not a choice, if you can't help who you fall in love with then that means I can't help it if I fall in love with a guy or happened to be attracted to one.

And I want to see a source that states human sexuality is a behavior, Human sexual activities is a behavior, but not sexuality. So the to aren't comparable, your comparing apples and oranges. And the fact that you are comparing it to murder speaks volumes about yourself more than it does on homosexuality.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Oh so things have changed for your liking? Like more war, more murder, more homosexuality. Just the kind of change you like in this world?

Loss of human life is not comparable to homosexuality. Love not war.

Your talking oxymorons.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilishlyangelic23

and how else do you suppose a 7 year old would think they are gay? aside from being born that way...

Did they know there were gay at age 2 weeks? I dont think so. I have still proven that you were not born gay, you started doing gay things at age 7.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Loss of human life is not comparable to homosexuality. Love not war.

Your talking oxymorons.

Homosexuality is loss of human life. It is babies that are not being born because of being gay

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I still say who you date, marry, or have sex with is a CHOICE. I could choose to have sex with a man if I wanted just lke I could chose to drink a bottle of whiskey or snort coc aine, etc...

You MAY be born with a certain propensity, like some people are born with a propensity to be an alcohlic or a drug addict, but you can choose to drink or not and you can chooose to have sex with whoever you decide you want to.

So obviously who you date, marry, or have sex with is a CHOICE regardless of what propensities, chemical/hormonal balances, or brain defects you are born with.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join