It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jovi1

Blah blah blah someone is talking reason to me, so i will go find something totally irrelevant to further my argument.

Blah blah blah - - you choose a deaf ear and blindness to relevance - - because its not what you want to hear.

It is relevant in showing enforcing god - - to absurd ridiculousness. Just like the ridiculousness over a word - since adopted by this government as a legal contract.

How about DIVORCE. Ah - there is another word we should probably make gays come up with a different word for.

Everything evolves and often takes on new meanings.

When the government chose to require a legal contract to protect rights and property of those joining together as one household - - - naming it "marriage license" - - - religion became irrelevant to the meaning of that word.

Its quite simple really.

[edit on 11-11-2009 by Annee]

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angus123
They say we are what we hate you know, lol.
And don't waste time saying you don't hate gays... your posts are dripping with it.

So society at large must just LOVE pedophilia, Nazis, cannibals and serial killers right ? Because according to your "logic" -- "you are what you hate" ! That must mean we all live in a deranged psychopathic society according to you!

posted on Nov, 14 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

That must mean we all live in a deranged psychopathic society according to you!

I hate to acknowledge it, but sometimes it really does seems that way.

About the hate thing tho: I do believe there is a difference between disagreeing with something, someone, or some act, and vehemently hating the same. Quite often the degree of emotion attached is an indication of something deeper in the individual.

You can't say 100% of the time why the emotion is there. On the other hand, research and anecdotal evidence has shown that many times it is due to one hating something in themselves and so expressing that every time they see it in someone else.

No, not everyone who hates on homosexuals is a closet case, but many are. Once you put yourself in that limelight, you will automatically start raising questions in other people's eyes about why you chose to do so.

new topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join