It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The rights of gays are not being abridged. They have unions which gives them all the benefits, are they not happy? Marriage is just simply between a man and a woman. Its just that simple. Gay marriage is an oxymoron.

Why cant they understand that if they are trying so hard to be accepted as normal people (heterosexual) they need to abandon their gay behaviors and become hetero...Simple.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Why don't you become homo and start sleeping with the same sex and see how easy that is.

Because that's basically what you are asking gay's to do vice-versa.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Uniceft17

Because scientifically it has not been proven that homosexuality is beneficial for the species. Show me an article from Nature or Science that proves that homosexuality is beneficial for the species? I can only think of population control, nothing else. Or an article in those two magazines that demonstrates the "gay gene"

Also I was not born gay, as was anybody else. There is no proof of that yet. Until there is, homosexuality is deviant behavior at best, just like pedophelia, murder etc.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by THE_PROFESSIONAL]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
The rights of gays are not being abridged. They have unions which gives them all the benefits, are they not happy?

Absolutely 100% untrue.

A completely uneducated statement.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Because scientifically it has not been proven that homosexuality is beneficial for the species. Show me an article from Nature or Science that proves that homosexuality is beneficial for the species? I can only think of population control, nothing else. Or an article in those two magazines that demonstrates the "gay gene"

[edit on 5-11-2009 by THE_PROFESSIONAL]

What does that have to do with anything I said.

Being straight isn't beneficial to the species either, But having kids is beneficial and these days you don't have to be straight to have kids, they have surrogates, in vitro, artificial insemination, etc.

And being with the person you love IS beneficial to yourself and individuals around you, your happy, everyone around you is happy. It rubs off.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Are they being made to sit in the back of the bus? Eat at a gay only table? Drink from the gays only fountain. You my friend are the uneducated one.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Also I was not born gay, as was anybody else.

I was born gay, you can choose to believe that or not, im not here to please your beliefs. Although I don't see why anyone would choose to go through the hard life of a gay person.

Until there is, homosexuality is deviant behavior at best, just like pedophelia, murder etc.

That statement speaks volumes about you, one of the most ignorant statements i've seen in this thread.

homosexual relationships are consensual.

pedophile relations are not consensual.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Are they being made to sit in the back of the bus? Eat at a gay only table? Drink from the gays only fountain. You my friend are the uneducated one.

No but they are being denied there constitutional right which is equal protection under the law, and you can't deny that marriage is more of a government institution today than anything else.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Because they have to correct their abnormal behavior (homosexuality). Can't fix something that aint broke (heterosexuality). That is why they need to fix themselves.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Because they have to correct their abnormal behavior (homosexuality). Can't fix something that aint broke (heterosexuality). That is why they need to fix themselves.

Why? Because YOU said so?

Sorry but I don't think your opinion matters that much to anyone but yourself.

But like I said earlier, gay people can have babies to. I can see you still haven't tried to refute any of my statements.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

reply to post by Annee

No but they are being denied there constitutional right which is equal protection under the law, and you can't deny that marriage is more of a government institution today than anything else.

Protection from what? Slavery? Being separated in school? Protection from what? They have all the rights, nothing is abridged. Unions provide all the same benefits. Marriage is not a right, it is just something recognized by government.

Rights: freedom, own property etc..
Recognitions: Marriage

Get your defiintions straight:

Main Entry: mar·riage
Pronunciation: \ˈmer-ij, ˈma-rij\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English mariage, from Anglo-French, from marier to marry
Date: 14th century

1 a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage b : the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock c : the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage
2 : an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities
3 : an intimate or close union
Physician-reviewed articles on marriage on Healthline.
1. Family (1 image)
Two or more people related to each other by genetics, ado...

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Can two perfectly fertile gay people have babies naturally? No technology involved?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Protection from what? Slavery? Being separated in school? Protection from what? They have all the rights, nothing is abridged. Unions provide all the same benefits. Marriage is not a right, it is just something recognized by government.

Obviously you know nothing about the constituion because if you did you would know what that statement means.
Which also means you don't really know anything about the law or rights period.

1 a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage b : the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock c : the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage
2 : an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities
1. Family (1 image)

Gay marriage exists in some states still so that definition is outdated.

And seperate but equal is not equal, and not all states have civil unions, mine included.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Can two perfectly fertile gay people have babies naturally? No technology involved?

Not naturally, but they can have babies, which is beneficial to the species.
Life is created, no matter how it's done.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I was born gay, you can choose to believe that or not, im not here to please your beliefs. Although I don't see why anyone would choose to go through the hard life of a gay person.

Until there is, homosexuality is deviant behavior at best, just like pedophelia, murder etc.

That statement speaks volumes about you, one of the most ignorant statements i've seen in this thread.

How do you know you were born gay? When you were born did your mother ask you? If so how did you respond? Write your answer down? Speak whilst as a baby?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

1. Family (1 image)

yea...DATE: 14th century...We are currently living in the year 2009...not sure if you're aware, but the 14th century was a VERY long time ago. things have changed. come on now people...lets be current and up to date with our sources please

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Not naturally, but they can have babies, which is beneficial to the species.
Life is created, no matter how it's done.

Yes God created Life and the universe. He gave us intelligence to use wisely, not for wars, only for the benefit of mankind. But we are using our intelligence to fight wars and do more harm than good eventually.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

How do you know you were born gay? When you were born did your mother ask you? If so how did you respond? Write your answer down? Speak whilst as a baby?

do you know any gay people? from childhood onward? i know quite a few...they have been gay their whole entire lives. other people had it figured out before they did. there is no doubt in my mind that gay people are 100% born that way. talk to a few gay people and ask them about their childhoods. ask them what they were like as a child and if other people had thought they were gay before they had figured it out for themselves. you will quite likely hear that they have been that way for their whole life.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Snip

Contact Merriam webster. Some things dont change. The laws of physics have been operating in this universe for more than 15 billion years...much longer than when you were just a piece of DNA swimming in your mother's womb which were governed by the laws of physics which you mock for their age.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by GAOTU789]

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join