It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maine voters repeal gay-marriage law

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HotSauce
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I don't know if it is deviant behavior so much as it is an illness like depression. The brain will not function at its optmum level if there is a chemical or hormonal imbalance or if one part of the brain is damaged.

Scientists are actually searching for a cure and they have had success with sheep, but of course the gay community is fighting it as being anti-gay.

[edit on 5-11-2009 by HotSauce]

How is it an illness, what are the downsides of being gay, we don't miss work unless we get sick, we work alright, function in school alright, get good grades, drive right, etc. We are just like everyone else aside for the fact that we don't have sex with the opposite sex.

And I wouldn't have it any other way, I love men and I love my husband who I am MARRIED to, yes gay marriage. And no scientist is going to change that.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

reply to post by Uniceft17

Not nearly the same statistical chance you are taking when you have male on male sex or sex with an intraveinous drug user. That is like playing russing roulette with your private parts.

The fact of the matter is there is still a chance so you are taking a health risk when you have unprotected sex.

I don't have unprotected anonymous sex so I have no risk actually.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Well the way they are addressng it scientifically with the sheep is prior to birth. They seem to think it will work with humans as well.

That is probably good news because then the parents can choose to address it before the child is even born. What parent would choose not to fix it and save their child from that fate, since we always hear homosexuals say how hard it was growing up gay. It would be the loving thing to do to save your child from a harsh childhood.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Well the way they are addressng it scientifically with the sheep is prior to birth. They seem to think it will work with humans as well.

That is probably good news because then the parents can choose to address it before the child is even born. What parent would choose not to fix it and save their child from that fate, since we always hear homosexuals say how hard it was growing up gay. It would be the loving thing to do to save your child from a harsh childhood.

Parents are the reason why homosexuals have a hard time growing up, they teach there kids to be hateful and full of bigotry, and do nothing to stop it.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Hmm interesting....is this in a peer reviewed scientific journal? But how do they know it will be born gay? That is the hard question.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Well see once they implement the cure on children before they are born it will not mattter anymore. It willl just be a logical choice, just like someday if they find a way to cure a child of Down's in the womb. Who wouldnt't choose for their child to have the most normal human experience possible?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Parents teach whats supposed to be normal: no stealing, lying, cheating, homosexuality, murder, pedophilia.... If everyone followed these rules, the world would be a better place.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Here you go. A quote and a link to the info.

It raises the prospect that pregnant women could one day be offered a treatment to reduce or eliminate the chance that their offspring will be homosexual. Experts say that, in theory, the “straightening” procedure on humans could be as simple as a hormone supplement for mothers-to-be, worn on the skin like an anti-smoking nicotine patch.

Cure for gay sheep.

There are tons more articles out there. Just google cure gay sheep. There are also articles how homosexuals and PETA are protesting it but I decided to try to avoid that as much as i could so we don't get off topic.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HotSauce

Found it:

www.outsidethebeltway.com...

SCIENTISTS are conducting experiments to change the sexuality of “gay” sheep in a programme that critics fear could pave the way for breeding out homosexuality in humans. The technique being developed by American researchers adjusts the hormonal balance in the brains of homosexual rams so that they are more inclined to mate with ewe

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
When will these PETA and gay people ever stop. This is medical research into curing the gay disease.

www.bongonews.com...

Instead of being heralded as having created a major scientific and agricultural breakthrough, the Oregon scientists have been vilified by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and gay rights advocates who have vigorously protested the university’s work. The scientists have even received death threats.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Yeah PETA and people in the gay community like Martina Navratrovlova are trying to say sheep have a RIGHT to be born gay. Boy people sure do throw around the word RIGHT a lot. When will all of this madness end?

Well goodnight. I sent you a u2u and made you a friend. Hopefully you do not mind.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Well see once they implement the cure on children before they are born it will not mattter anymore. It willl just be a logical choice, just like someday if they find a way to cure a child of Down's in the womb. Who wouldnt't choose for their child to have the most normal human experience possible?

Scientists don't even know what causes people to be gay, let alone have a cure for it invitro, your dreaming, this will not be achieved in my lifetime, which is good.

Of course parents wouldn't choose that for there children, but some parents want there children just the way they are.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

From the prevously linked article

The scientists have been able to pinpoint the mechanisms influencing the desires of “male-oriented” rams by studying their brains. The animals’ skulls are cut open and electronic sensors are attached to their brains. By varying the hormone levels, mainly by injecting hormones into the brain, they have had “considerable success” in altering the rams’ sexuality, with some previously gay animals becoming attracted to ewes.

Professor Charles Roselli, the Health and Science University biologist leading the research, defended the project. He said: “In general, sexuality has been under-studied because of political concerns. People don’t want science looking into what determines sexuality. “It’s a touchy issue. In fact, several studies have shown that people who believe homosexuality is biologically based are less homophobic than people who think that this orientation is acquired.”

The research is being peer-reviewed by a panel of scientists in America, demonstrating that it is being taken seriously by the academic community.

Potentially, the techniques could one day be adapted for human use, with doctors perhaps being able to offer parents pre-natal tests to determine the likely sexuality of offspring or a hormonal treatment to change the orientation of a child. Roselli has said he would be “uncomfortable” about parents choosing sexuality, but argues that it is up to policy makers to legislate on questions of ethics.

Michael Bailey, a neurology professor at Northwestern University near Chicago, said: “Allowing parents to select their children’s sexual orientation would further a parent’s freedom to raise the sort of children they want to raise.”

The research has been going on since at least 2006, so I would say th prenatal cure is not too far off. Plus, in their research they could see what the mechanisms in the brain are, so it is possible that they may find a drug to target those mechanisms for anybody who wanted to be cured or helped, however you want to say it.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
When will these PETA and gay people ever stop. This is medical research into curing the gay disease.

www.bongonews.com...

Instead of being heralded as having created a major scientific and agricultural breakthrough, the Oregon scientists have been vilified by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) and gay rights advocates who have vigorously protested the university’s work. The scientists have even received death threats.

Seing as how the research has to do with GAY PEOPLE I say they have every right to be protesting it, they are implying that something is wrong with us when in fact there isn't. We function like every other human being, we are able to do everything that straights are able to do.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Your talking rams and sheep, very genetically different than humans. Why do you think mice are used so much in experiments? Because they are the most similiar to us.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Well I respect your right to live your life as you choose, as I respect the rights of the parents to choose whatever they think is going to be best for their child once they have the option to choose what they want.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Well I see your point, but really all they will need to do is scan the human brain for cause and response to determine what areas cause people to choose same sex partners as the focus of their attraction.

You should see the amazing research that is going on in the area of detecting peoples thought patterns in real time. Trully incredible. It will lead to cures for many things and amazing technology.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Cant have a baby like a straight human, thats why scientists developed in vitro, artificial insemination, and pretty soon a cure for gays.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Yes I could, my penis gets erect like a straight males, and I produce seamon so therefore I am capable of intercourse with a female, in fact I have had sex with a female in high school in order to cover up my sexuality. It scarred me for life.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Oh yeah and to answer your earlier question. This reseach is peer reviewed and accepted as true science by other peers. This isn't just some sort of propaganda or junk science.

Goodnight all. I enjoyed debatng with each and everyone of you. Best wishes to all.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join