It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's the commercial that ABC, NBC won't air.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
www.sourcewatch.org...

The ad was written by Dick Morris.
That's all I need to know.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Medicare will fall out no matter what. Especially with the baby boom generation creeping into their senior years, the Medicare system will be overwhelmed anyway.

Just my 2 cents

[edit on 8/28/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

The Dick Morris agency produces the highest priced PR in the world. What it means is that the people who paid for the ad and extras paid more than any other company on Earth charges. This is not a reflection of any personal belief of DM, this is a reflection of who is willing to pay that much.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The KennedyCare Bill takes care of this problem. Page 899-902 puts a lot of people into training (education). Dentists, nurses, junior doctors *not real doctors but almost kinda who will take care of us. You have to remember that it won't go into effect for 4 years. That is plenty of time for us to pay for their education. Remember the jobs program back in the 70s, didn't that work great?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jkm1864

Not to sure where you get the idiot syndrome from, if Obama is an idiot where do you pigeonhole GW! why should anyone have to pay directly for medical progress and treatment? health it's a human, animal thing and a medical entitlement and something to be shared amongst us all and not really a commercial enterprise. But surprise, surprise the money men,(leeches) in the social system worked it out long ago that this is an enterprise, pretty disgusting really.And what about all the other animals in the world, ah well shoot a horse with a broken leg, put down a cat with aids, by the way, there's a charge for those. In the meantime let's hope you don't get Swine fever.

[edit on 28-8-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
They wont show it because they are part of the nwo machine, I mean, why would it go againts itself? Right?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I've just got to the part of 'Sicko' where hospitals are dumping patients in to taxis and dumped then at public clinics because they couldn't pay their hospital bills.

What does this say about all of us?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I've got to the bit in 'Sicko' where the interns at Gitmo receive better healthcare then the Americans featured.

Anything wrong here?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by duble0peter

Good post Duble, when you think of all the Obama = NWO continued threads. It does seem like people have a lot of thinking to do, but it is still an open question for now and for years to come, when Obama has long gone.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Still watching 'Sicko' when the group of Americans went to Cuba and received superior healthcare from the Cuban doctors than they received from the American healthcare system. And they didn't have to pay for it.

There is something very wrong with America.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
Here it is folks, not sure how to link this, but I'll do the best I can.

www.youtube.com...

Are they THAT afraid of the truth?

[edit on 28-8-2009 by mikerussellus]

Maybe it is because the ad is full of lies and misinformation. Every quote comes from a Rupert Murdock owned magazine. Now why might that make me suspicious of these quotes?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by the angel of light 67

Maybe it is because the ad is full of lies and misinformation. Every quote comes from a Rupert Murdock owned magazine. Now why might that make me suspicious of these quotes?

So, you beleive that the MSM should be trusted to tell us what is true and what isn't? Its not strange at all that they have no problems airing left wing democrat ads?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

More confusion. In Britain " Party political" ads have to be shown on all channels, commercial or the BBC.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I've finished watching 'Sicko' and the posts on this thread, I am truly shocked

It's very clear that Americans allow people to suffer and die needlessly for the sake of a profit enjoyed by a tiny minority.

This is worse than shameless, it's murder. The denial to the poor of healthcare is nothing more than eugenics. As a Brit I cannot understand this - you still vote these people into power? When they are soft killing you, with the poor first. How soon until the middle classes suffer the same fate?

America needs a revolution. No guns, no violence. You need to sweep aside the profiteering politicians and return to rule by the people.

[Edit for spelling mistake.]

[edit on 8/28/2009 by mithrawept]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I just keep laughing at this. No offense guys... but you Americans, even the 'awake' ones here on ATS, seem to be so easily turned on each other,

We hear cries of corruption and exploitation every day... but the second a Democrat or Republican says something you all bare teeth and go at each other.

Divide and conquer.

They've had you divided since your federation and it seems like it won't change any time soon.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
yeah he's right on-they control the press so for sure very few t.v stations will run it.

Its really time to pull the gloves off and start threatening these congressmen and senators.

You vote for the Bill, we'll make sure you don't get elected next time round-"stop the spending"

We have to get people in those positions that will read Bills, and not bow down to Lobbyists. In fact Lobbyists should be banned from having personal meeting with political leaders. They should only be permitted to do presentations to the relevant committees who’s business type they linked to. From there if passed, by the committee the Bill can move onto the House then Senate.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I can't understand why they wouldn't make money. Strange business practises but perhaps it explains why they aren't doing so well.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DieterDengler
reply to post by Schaden

The Dick Morris agency produces the highest priced PR in the world. What it means is that the people who paid for the ad and extras paid more than any other company on Earth charges. This is not a reflection of any personal belief of DM, this is a reflection of who is willing to pay that much.

I'll forgive you if you don't watch Fox News, but that ad certainly reflects his views on the health care reform. It's really amazing how few people can shape the debate. Frank Wisner the Director of Plans for the CIA, coined the phrase "media wurlitzer". They can play any tune they want, the rats will follow.

The phrase "govt take-over of healthcare" came from Frank Luntz. I don't believe they are neutral "guns for hire". These PR guys are bought and paid for, however it's impossible to not think they personally do not want "Obama-care".

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I was interested in one of the arguments against the healthcare reforms, that the system couldn't possibly cope with the extra 50 million patients who would suddenly need to be treated?

There is an OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development) database, which records among other things, the number of physicians / nursing staff / hospital beds etc and displays this information in a table of data, adjusted to show thoses numbers per head of population. (I'll include a link below.)
It makes very interesting reading, and if you look at the data for the US, in comparison with other nations...

In 2007 the USA had 2.43 physicians per 1000 head of population.
Canada had 2.18 per 1000, Mexico 1.96 per 1000, and UK 2.48 per 1000.

USA had 10.57 nurses per 1000 population.
Canada had 9.02, Mexico 2.35, and UK 10.02.

USA had 3.1 Hospital Beds per 1000 pop.
Canada 3.8 (in year 2000), Mexico 1.7, and UK 3.4.

USA Also had 25.9 MRI Units per million population,
Canada had 6.7, Mexico 1.5, and UK 8.2 (estimated) per million.

USA had 34.3 CT Scanners per million population.
Canada had 12.7, Mexico 4, and UK 4.5 (estimate from 2000).

Link to Source data on OECD website

From those stats, I can't see how anyone could argue that the healthcare system couldn't cope with the whole population having access?

G

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
I was interested in one of the arguments against the healthcare reforms, that the system couldn't possibly cope with the extra 50 million patients who would suddenly need to be treated?

There is an OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-Operation and Development) database, which records among other things, the number of physicians / nursing staff / hospital beds etc and displays this information in a table of data, adjusted to show thoses numbers per head of population. (I'll include a link below.)
It makes very interesting reading, and if you look at the data for the US, in comparison with other nations...

In 2007 the USA had 2.43 physicians per 1000 head of population.
Canada had 2.18 per 1000, Mexico 1.96 per 1000, and UK 2.48 per 1000.

USA had 10.57 nurses per 1000 population.
Canada had 9.02, Mexico 2.35, and UK 10.02.

USA had 3.1 Hospital Beds per 1000 pop.
Canada 3.8 (in year 2000), Mexico 1.7, and UK 3.4.

USA Also had 25.9 MRI Units per million population,
Canada had 6.7, Mexico 1.5, and UK 8.2 (estimated) per million.

USA had 34.3 CT Scanners per million population.
Canada had 12.7, Mexico 4, and UK 4.5 (estimate from 2000).

Link to Source data on OECD website

From those stats, I can't see how anyone could argue that the healthcare system couldn't cope with the whole population having access?

G

Fantastic leg work...

The thing is, these people who do not want healthcare or the very notion of it.
IT goes against their core principles, ALL the other arguments are just another way to
STOP the whole issue from being addressed. They know if they can riddle it with doubt, it will sink like a ship shot to hell.

There is no amount of information or benefit that would change the minds of these people. They have been taught that Americans have to "earn" everything, that free healthcare makes people lazy, that they have NO responsibility for the well being of these lazy people.

Get it, NO responsibility to anyone but them selves, this is the VERY CORE of the entire debate. They just paint her up with anything that was not there in the first place, reason be damned, people be damned all the same. I think it has very little to do with healthcare on the oppositions side, it has to do with ideas.

This conservative freedom they sell in America is the hands off sort...

Every man is an island here.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join