It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 ft Cone-Shaped Object Lands on California Ranch...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
any idea what year/month/day this occured?

no pictures? is odd in this age of cellphones on almost every person.

it's interesting but has some minor inconsistencies.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

i believe having "no pics" no cell phone, etc has been covered throughout this thread; however, what inconsistencies?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I agree with the camera phone theory. Can't believe that so many sightings still exist that are never documented, just stories.

Just signed up on here and plenty of cool stories. Does anyone know if there is an australian forum for UFO sightings?

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus

Been covered before, but I shall reiterate, that not only are cellphones completely useless in this situation for many reasons, the last thing you'd do if you saw something incredible is risk missing anything while messing around with your cellphone. If something like this happened to you tomorrow, you'd see that I'm right.

[edit on 21-8-2009 by Clickfoot]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

And yet, despite most cellphones having a camera built in there are no pics?

I don't buy it.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Oh dear.

I wonder what it is about the title of this thread that causes so many people not to bother reading it in the slightest.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clickfoot

Been covered before, but I shall reiterate, that not only are cellphones completely useless in this situation for many reasons, the last thing you'd do if you saw something incredible is risk missing anything while messing around with your cellphone. If something like this happened to you tomorrow, you'd see that I'm right.

I gave up reading this thread after realising there was no proof, just some fantasty story.

I don't agree with you in the slightest about your premise of people not reaching for their phones.

Increasingly when events which are terrifying and "alien" to people are happening they are taking pictures and videos.

To claim people won't in these situations is just wrong. If you saw an "alien craft" landing you'd want to be able to show the world the best proof ever - lets face it - there is no credible proof out there at the moment.

So until someone can show good quality pics, multiple independent sources, corroboration with authorities (be they local, national and/or international) then i'll say no, fake, don't believe it.

Too many weirdo's and crackpots out there to contemplate taking at face value.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix103

I gave up reading this thread after realising there was no proof, just some fantasty story.

I don't agree with you in the slightest about your premise of people not reaching for their phones.

Increasingly when events which are terrifying and "alien" to people are happening they are taking pictures and videos.

To claim people won't in these situations is just wrong. If you saw an "alien craft" landing you'd want to be able to show the world the best proof ever - lets face it - there is no credible proof out there at the moment.

So until someone can show good quality pics, multiple independent sources, corroboration with authorities (be they local, national and/or international) then i'll say no, fake, don't believe it.

Ok, for one thing, you must realize that there are still many people on the planet who do NOT own camera cell phones (like myself). Not everyone can afford those, and not everyone keeps a camera in their back pocket, thats just silly.

A lot of people, who don't have cell phones implanted to their skulls, are happy with just using the cheap prepaid ones. Most of them don't have cameras in them. Yes, I know, there are some cheaper ones now that DO have cameras....but still, not everyone owns one or even wants one.

So, unless a person owns a camera phone or keeps a camera in their pocket...they best not share ANY kind of story or experience on this website....or they risk facing instant scrutiny.

[edit on 8/21/2009 by MadDogtheHunter]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2274312e4960.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Well you'd be absolutely wrong then. Because I didn't, and neither did anyone who was with me when we saw something.

Also you chose to ignore the part about cell phone cameras being completely useless anyway.

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter

Ok, for one thing, you must realize that there are still many people on the planet who do NOT own camera cell phones (like myself). Not everyone can afford those, and not everyone keeps a camera in their back pocket, thats just silly.

A lot of people, who don't have cell phones implanted to their skulls, are happy with just using the cheap prepaid ones. Most of them don't have cameras in them. Yes, I know, there are some cheaper ones now that DO have cameras....but still, not everyone owns one or even wants one.

So, unless a person owns a camera phone or keeps a camera in their pocket...they best not share ANY kind of story or experience on this website....or they risk facing instant scrutiny.

It's a convenient argument and i fully accept that not everyone has one or wants one. Having been an analyst for a major cellphone network i can tell you i know the market very well.

That said, lets put it to a more generalised context - i have no doubt that there unidentified objects being spotted, not saying i necessarily believe they're of extra terrestrial origin. Nor am i ruling that out, statistically its likely there are advance civillisations out there somewhere.

I just feel frustrated by these stories. Lets be honest, *some* are almost certainly genuine, some are just a fantasy story. Without good proof it is impossible to know which is which (and this is not having a dig at the OP for this thread specifically).

I'm not willing or able to believe a single story unless it gives compelling proof - is that unreasonable?

It is possible my original replies were a little short and for that i apologize.

Never normally venture to these parts of the forums for the reasons i mention above. As someone who may be more knowledgeable about some of the posts in here, can you point me to any which may offer a reasonable standard of proof? I ask out of curiosity, not to be difficult.

[edit on 8/21/2009 by MadDogtheHunter]

[edit on 21-8-2009 by phoenix103]

posted on Aug, 21 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Well you'd be absolutely wrong then. Because I didn't, and neither did anyone who was with me when we saw something.

Also you chose to ignore the part about cell phone cameras being completely useless anyway.

Well I apologize if i was a little short with you.

My frustration with these stories is discussed in the other post i've just made and to be honest, was not aimed at you specifically although it did come across that way.

Don't agree about the quality of cameras on phones by the way. I managed to take some spectacular pictures of a Shuttle launch (from a few miles away) with my cellphone.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join