It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden administration announces additional $7.7 billion in student debt relief

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   
They've gone ahead and done it again!

They've "relieved" another $7.7 Billion in Student Loan Debt!

Many think this is going against the Supreme Court ruling from last year ??

Does anybody have an analysis that proves it one way or the other??

Is what Biden doing "illegal" and for political gain ??

The Biden administration on Wednesday announced the cancellation of an additional $7.7 billion in student loans for 160,000 Americans in its ongoing efforts to relieve soaring college debt.

As the November election looms, the administration has been eager to highlight progress in its debt cancellation programs, making announcements such as this one nearly once a month. President Joe Biden has faced blowback from Republicans who accuse the administration of transferring the burden to taxpayers and undermining the Supreme Court, which blocked the White House’s student loan forgiveness plan last year.

In April, the administration announced another round of cancellations, totaling $7.4 billion for 277,000 borrowers and declared a new group of student debt relief proposals that could go into effect this fall. Wednesday’s addition brings the total number of Americans who have had loans canceled to 4.75 million, relieving an average of over $35,000, the White House said.
Biden administration announces additional $7.7 billion in student debt relief

Supreme Court Strikes Down Student Loan Forgiveness Program

July 10, 2023 In Biden v. Nebraska, which was decided 6-3, the court struck down the administration’s student loan forgiveness program and agreed with the six challenging states that they had standing to sue. Chief Justice John Roberts wrote the opinion for the majority. He was joined by Justices Neil Gorsuch, Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Amy Coney Barrett and Brett Kavanaugh. Justice Elena Kagan wrote the dissent and was joined by Justices Sonia Sotomayor and Ketanji Brown Jackson.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I know it’s an odd angle, but I wonder how many folks have died from the vax or Covid that were carrying college debt.

And now they don’t?

Curious to think about, no?

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican
I know it’s an odd angle, but I wonder how many folks have died from the vax or Covid that were carrying college debt.

And now they don’t?

Curious to think about, no?

Hmmmm!! 💥

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Does anyone know if we are paying the interest on these loans also? I personally think they should have just canceled the interest.

+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The SCOTUS blocked the plan, yet Joe ignored the block and increased the amount taxpayers would be responsible for.

Biden just released 1 million gallons of oil from SORS.

Campaign points for the sheeple to ooh and aww over.

WORST POTUS EVER. Let's go Brandon!

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

This scheme theyve got going has got to go in the dictionary next to propaganda.

To claim he is forgiving student loans when the vast majority are forgiven under PSLF after 20 years or whatever. PSLF has been around forever. Biden didn't invent it. Biden didn't DO anything. These PSLF loans would have been forgiven anyways because people met the terms of the ALREADY EXISTING PSLF forgiveness.

PROPAGANDA FOR THE ELECTION CYCLE. IM SURE ALL THE COLLEGE GRADS WILL EAT IT UP. But it is just more lies from the Biden Admin.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   
These are working class people. Rich people don't take out school loans. Hopefully, this goes widescale and all usury debts are forgiven and the practice banned. But that won't happen with AIPAC controlling the country.
edit on 22-5-2024 by DashMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

This scheme theyve got going has got to go in the dictionary next to propaganda.

To claim he is forgiving student loans when the vast majority are forgiven under PSLF after 20 years or whatever. PSLF has been around forever. Biden didn't invent it. Biden didn't DO anything. These PSLF loans would have been forgiven anyways because people met the terms of the ALREADY EXISTING PSLF forgiveness.

PROPAGANDA FOR THE ELECTION CYCLE. IM SURE ALL THE COLLEGE GRADS WILL EAT IT UP. But it is just more lies from the Biden Admin.

Interesting !!! Where can somebody learn about that? 😃

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   

From the article you linked

Of the borrowers affected by Wednesday’s announcement, 66,900 borrowers — who saw $5.2 billion forgiven — qualified through the Public Service Loan Forgiveness program, bringing the total amount forgiven for borrowers enrolled in the program that aids teachers, nurses and other public service workers to $68 billion.

Now what will probably make you laugh is who gets credit for creating the PSLF program.

The Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program is a United States government program that was created under the College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007 signed into law by President George W. Bush to provide indebted professionals a way out of their federal student loan debt burden by working full-time in public service.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Thanks to the great democrat president George W. Bush. Hehehehe!
edit on 22-5-2024 by Shoshanna because: forgot link

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I sure wish I had a say in what my tax money went to.

This year, whomever is on my ballet, for any and all positions, better hope they have no one running against them.
Cause I am voting out every incumbent.

I wish everyone would, maybe someone would get the message?

Joebama doesn't care about me, none of them do.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   
At the bottom of those loan forgiveness forms in fine print, it says “10% for the big guy.”

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   
SCOTUS and CONGRESS say he can't do it.
So he ignores that and does it anyways.
Like a dictator.
Something the left tries to say that Trump would do.
But in fact, it's their own guy that is doing it.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Good One!👍 BUSH!! roflol

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Buying votes instead of addressing the root problem.

Classic politics.

This is just Americans collectively throwing their money into the wind for a select few group of people who knowingly took the loans.

I say put a cap on tuition for state funded schools. Kids don’t need to feel like they live at an all inclusive resort to get an education. It’s tuition prices that are the problem, and they have been ever since the fed did guaranteed loans.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Loan forgiveness for borrowers working in qualifying public sector positions.

Borrowers affected by the administration’s newest cancellation were approved through the Biden administration’s SAVE Plan, other income-driven repayment programs or Public Student Loan Forgiveness for qualifying public service workers.

With the previous forgiveness plans, I think that borrowers had to have made at least 10 years worth of payments.

edit on 22-5-2024 by IndieA because: Added info.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If it was Trade School loans, I might be on board.

Too many chasing useless degrees just to avoid growing up.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

You make money to pay off debt from trade schools. A Masters in Selective Penis Climate Racism don't pay much.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You make money to pay off debt from trade schools. A Masters in Selective Penis Climate Racism don't pay much.

It does pay good if you are in the Biden Administration.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Biden admin only hires candidates with a degree in Selective Penis Climate Racism.

posted on May, 22 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

True, though it would be a nice bonus for coming out the other end as contributing members of society and not just another purple-haired Barista.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join