It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30 ft Cone-Shaped Object Lands on California Ranch...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom C

I do not understand why no one ever shoots these darn things!!

There wee a lot of pot shots taken at lights and 'things' during the widespread cattle mutilations of the 80s. Those ranchers lose a lot of money when their cattle show up dead.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

to show up would mean to arrive... how is that possible when dead?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

to show up would mean to arrive... how is that possible when dead?

Are you that bored?

Really?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Bored?... I think It troubles me that people accept stories of UFO's like this as possible.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

It bothers you that I would use "show up" versus "are found" in a sentence.

I think the things that bother you are a lot closer to home than a UFO story.

My apologies to the OP and other participants. It was not my intention to get into a debate over sentence structure here.

[edit on 103131p://f15Wednesday by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Ok, who scared the OP away?

If a group of people saw the UFO, who the hell would want to leave the scene to go running for a camera?
I'd be saying, "No way! You go!" I wouldn't want to miss anything. Perhaps they were so shocked by what they were seeing, the last thing on their mind was getting proof. Interesting story.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Pictures or it didn't happen!
Then again, it would be my luck, the one day I didn't bring my camera with me (always have it with me, just in case) would be the day something like this would happen.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

I wonder if the clicking was anything like this: www.spike.com...
BTW. Star and Flag for an interesting story.

[edit on 8/19/2009 by Illuminated_1]

[edit on 8/19/2009 by Illuminated_1]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth Lumina

I was working on a drilling barge in White Lake Lousiana and a very large waterspout came within a quarter mile of the rig. Everybody, maybe (20 people) saw it. I had a camera in my bunk area but it was across the rig and down about 4 flights of stairs. I stayed to watch this thing instead and it was pretty incredible. When it was over NOBODY had gotten a picture.
This thing was a good 75 to 80 yards(meters) across at the base and was a perfect tube up to the cloud cover; amazing but no photos.

I'm not saying there was a UFO there but hey, I could see how it could happen. In the dark, two guys and a kid, don't know whats going on, maybe a little scared. (maybe really scared)

I could see not having a camera or forgetting to use one.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 093131p://f41Wednesday by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Was the field tested for traces of radiation?

Have you had any adverse after-effects concerning your health?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

was I assaulting you, no.. simply pointing out linguistic inadiquatcies

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

was I assaulting you, no.. simply pointing out linguistic inadiquatcies

To be frank, you seem very hostile. It seems to be difficult for you to accept the fact that others may have beliefs that do not coincide with yours and you express that by being needlessly agressive. I respect the opinion that UFOs don't exist but not the desire to attack somebody who believes or even somebody who hasn't expressed an opinion but is simply adding to the discussion.

Also it is ironic that you would misspell the word inadequacies when pointing out what you see as anothers linguistic inadequacies.
(Don't bother looking it up. I spelled it right.)

[edit on 103131p://f11Wednesday by badgerprints]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RankRancid
reply to post by Sam60

No No NO sir,that logic is not allowed around here. I suggest you downgrade that brain and start 'catching up' with everyone here

In that case.....

I'd better go get more practice in the Raleon thread...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Just a friendly suggestion, why don't we all worry about the case and not each others linguistic skills? Maybe then we might be able to do some productive discussion on this case.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Just a friendly suggestion, why don't we all worry about the case and not each others linguistic skills? Maybe then we might be able to do some productive discussion on this case.

I must agree with you, jkrog08...

I thought the op did a good job presenting an interesting case, despite the response from many to the contrary.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Sorry,
Didn't intend to sidetrack the thread.
I actually find it interesting.

The clicking aspect is interesting. Isn't one of the possible abduction signs that you hear unexplained clicking or tapping sounds at night?

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The static electricity noise and mode of appearance and disappearance indicates either dimensional transition or human-tech cloaking. The shape and color of the craft, however, is bothersome because of the resemblance to the legendary Nazi "Bell" device. THis could be a hoax or, together with the UK sighting, field trials/operations of human military weaponry. "Tall and muscular black man"? Hmmmm ...quite a stretch... Reads HOAX, imho.

[edit on 19-8-2009 by havanaja]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Sometimes odd sounds similar to that are reported. However I feel these are likely more mechanical than anything. The clicking noise made me think of an MRI noise for some reason, maybe the craft (if indeed that is what it was) is using some similar technology modified for propulsion? Or was activly scanning the witnesses...

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Testimonial, think about that word and take it for what it is. It's a person's "account" of what "they say they witnessed" the worst evidence in my opinion...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join