It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 16
73
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop
 


No problem. You have explained it was a typo and I won't press the issue. I know next to nothing about Iran but I did know their population is well over 60 million and I couldn't help pointing out what I believed at the time to be a mistake on your part.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Jacob08]




posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
As this will be my last post on this topic since it's going in every direction without any destination.

Lets check some facts,

Population: 65,875,224, if only 50% voted that would leave 32.5 +- million voters, if the opposition as it states were the majority and it had it votes changed then that would leave a cool 15 +- million. Out of that 15 million about 10 million live in, or in the surrounding city, if that were the case and 10 million were on protest against the current elected leader then Tehran as a city would have been similar to a Berlin back in the '45 after the allied bombings. So try and keep an open mind.

All indications and reports are estimating a number form 10,000 to 350,000, protesters, they do not represent the majority.



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
As this will be my last post on this topic since it's going in every direction without any destination.

Lets check some facts,

Population: 65,875,224, if only 50% voted that would leave 32.5 +- million voters, if the opposition as it states were the majority and it had it votes changed then that would leave a cool 15 +- million. Out of that 15 million about 10 million live in, or in the surrounding city, if that were the case and 10 million were on protest against the current elected leader then Tehran as a city would have been similar to a Berlin back in the '45 after the allied bombings. So try and keep an open mind.

All indications and reports are estimating a number form 10,000 to 350,000, protesters, they do not represent the majority.


Thank you for bringing facts into this thread tristar, no matter what our opinions are we cannot void the discussion of truth and fact.



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by TravisYah

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by TravisYah
 





There are a few unfortunate deaths, but these people committed themselves to this for "martyrdom" or whatever they called it.


I hope I will see the day when unfortunate death comes for you and then write a nice obituary by using false reasoning in your own fashion.


The truth hurts doesn't it? There deaths were unfortunate, you're suggesting otherwise? Nobody had to die, but this whole fiasco didn't had to occur.


What truth? The girl was intentionally killed by an assassin who is paid by the government to do so. That is the truth.

You are trying the most corrupt attempt to blame victims instead of the culprits. Shame on you.



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

Originally posted by TravisYah

Originally posted by DangerDeath
reply to post by TravisYah
 





There are a few unfortunate deaths, but these people committed themselves to this for "martyrdom" or whatever they called it.


I hope I will see the day when unfortunate death comes for you and then write a nice obituary by using false reasoning in your own fashion.


I actually didn't blame anyone or denied anyone killed the girl, and I said her death is unfortunate. Why are you trying to put words in my mouth? No, SHAME on you, propaganda machine.
The truth hurts doesn't it? There deaths were unfortunate, you're suggesting otherwise? Nobody had to die, but this whole fiasco didn't had to occur.


What truth? The girl was intentionally killed by an assassin who is paid by the government to do so. That is the truth.

You are trying the most corrupt attempt to blame victims instead of the culprits. Shame on you.



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisYah
 


fair call, i did twist didnt I, apologise, my passion and pain get the best of me.

But I still stand by what I said.
You are wrong, The Iranians are marching for change against a opressive ruthless government. This no one can ignore.
They arent marching for Mosavi, he was merely the spark.
This does not have any fingerprints from America or the Uk or Israel.
Ahmadinejad supporters are seriously out numbererd, the muslim basij forces are a testiment to this.


Blood will flow, people will suffer. But this regime is finished.

Barkhizid, sarzaminetan ra pas begirid, ya moavagh mishavid ya jan mibazid dar rahe azadi vatan



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar
 





All indications and reports are estimating a number form 10,000 to 350,000, protesters, they do not represent the majority.


The number of "supreme leaders" plus Mr A is much smaller than 10.000.

Conclusion: they don't represent the majority.



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by TravisYah
 


fair call, i did twist didnt I, apologise, my passion and pain get the best of me.

But I still stand by what I said.
You are wrong, The Iranians are marching for change against a opressive ruthless government. This no one can ignore.
They arent marching for Mosavi, he was merely the spark.
This does not have any fingerprints from America or the Uk or Israel.
Ahmadinejad supporters are seriously out numbererd, the muslim basij forces are a testiment to this.

Blood will flow, people will suffer. But this regime is finished.

Barkhizid, sarzaminetan ra pas begirid, ya moavagh mishavid ya jan mibazid dar rahe azadi vatan


We'll see, and may the truth prevail. As for "DeathDanger" (very peculiar name BTW), I never denied or blamed anyone for that poor girl's death, shame on you for promoting her alongside your propaganda machine. I said her death was unfortunate, and now you're trying to put words in my mouth? Also "DeathDanger" tristar pointed out the facts, you're just pulling figures from your a$$, but "10.000", have you learned math in school? You never turn that propaganda machine off do you? For a peaceful revolution, instead of promoting your agenda you should ensure that truth and facts are there.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by TravisYah]



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisYah
 





There are a few unfortunate deaths, but these people committed themselves to this for "martyrdom" or whatever they called it.


"Martyrdom" is only one of the interpretations which are not adequate, even coming from Mousavi it means that he is heavily hoping the "tradition" will prevail instead of the intent to be free. Sacrificing oneself may be the price, but not the intent. On the other hand, the one who killed that girl clearly had an intent to kill her.

Mousavi doesn't want people to be free either, because he wants them to be at his disposal, to manipulate them, as he did before, while he was a PM (in his time, more than 30.000 Iranians were executed). So his "martyrdom" thing is an attempt to put them under his control, both their lives and death, which death is promoted to "martyrdom".

The people of Iran don't have much choice, the politicians, like everywhere in the world, do not represent best options. Those "best options" are more like "pick the lesser evil".

So this revolution, from the peoples point of view, is a lot more than what corrupted politicians can offer. It will be desecrated, I have no doubt of it.

I will just conclude: her dying has nothing to do with any political agenda, on her side. It is something imposed by others. When you go out in the street and someone kills you because of his own agenda, it is not correct to call it "unfortunate" as if it was your own fault. It was intentional and you better consider pursuing the one who killed her and not look for excuses to absolve the murderer.



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
My advice to Obama - Do nothing...this is their revolution, not ours.

Perhaps send support for the people demanding fair and open elections and thats about it. if the military starts firing on the people, even the supporters of Ahmadeuiojnfoiwoenfiad (sp?) will turn.



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This is an interesting development, especially the Iranian news media spin on it....

Rafsanjani daughter detained during protest - agency


in.news.yahoo.com...


The daughter of former Iranian President Akbar Hashemi Rafsanjani, a rival of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, was detained during an opposition rally in Tehran on Saturday, an Iranian news agency said.

Fars News Agency, citing a security official, said Faezeh Rafsanjani and some other relatives had attended the protest and were detained in order to "preserve their security from terror acts of rioters."

It said they were transferred to the nearest military base and were kept there until the end of the unrest, suggesting they had been released.


Since the reporting source is Iranian the truth could be far from the above report.



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stander
 

They can't get through. The phone lines were shut down starting on Thursday night according to a lot of reports. Same for the Internet, I;m curious as to how these Twitter reports are leaking out unless someone is secretely running WIFI.



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well in Iran it's tanks, but in the US it is Bling, mortgages people can't afford, credit that people can never payback, mind numbing TV shows 24/7, Drugs, Alcohol, and the illusion we are actually free.

It all depends on how you look at things. I hope the moral majority gets what they want in Iran, because here in the US we damn sure don't. At least they stand up for what they believe in.



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There's a underground railroad internet network setup using with dozens and dozens of volunteers that are providing a secret internet network for Iranians. I'm not really sure how it works but how it's explained to me is the an Iranian taps into the network and then his IP address gets bounced around all over the globe on the network the volunteers set up which makes it virtually impossible to find the iranian's IP address.



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kombatt98
 

How do you call this a color revolution? Persians are white people, not Arabs. Iran is a resource-rich country, its biggest liability outside of the leadership is lying in a zone prone to severe earthquakes.



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
This is the result of it all
Incase anyone hasnt seen this video, its very graphic.

Hopefully gets mirrored as I cant see it lasting long on youtube.



[edit on 21-6-2009 by hunty]



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Genfinity
 

Good point regarding the Iraq situation, forcing Iran to withdraw fighters and money they have invested in Iraq may temporarily ease that situation unless they manage to enlist Arab fighters to come into the fray. It also could leave a power vacuum....

Looks like the Chinese press is jumping in on Iran's side, interesting article:
news.xinhuanet.com...



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Well in Iran it's tanks, but in the US it is Bling, mortgages people can't afford, credit that people can never payback, mind numbing TV shows 24/7, Drugs, Alcohol, and the illusion we are actually free.



I think that all depends on how you look at things...





It all depends on how you look at things.



Exactly, because I see it completely different from you...




I hope the moral majority gets what they want in Iran, because here in the US we damn sure don't. At least they stand up for what they believe in.



The moral majority? I can't tell if you are talking about the Supreme Religious Leader or the people?



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
reply to post by Genfinity
 


Looks like the Chinese press is jumping in on Iran's side, interesting article:
news.xinhuanet.com...



I'm not sure if they are jumping in on the Iranian peoples side or the Ayatollahs side..

I know one thing for sure... China doesn't want Iran to be pro-American... And if the people get their way I bet it turns that way...



posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
[edit on 113030p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]



new topics

top topics



 
73
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

log in

join