It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Rewey

To sstart at the bottom!

Tanks were never deployed, not sure who posted that.
But Twitter has become so infected with redneck Americans, spam, Basij officials that its almost pointless in using it. In the first few days it was ripe with good intel, now its just crap!

Second,

Ive seen that video a few times also,
To be honest I cant say if she was shot in the heart, or the neck.
They seem to be applying pressure to her chest..

The video's sickening, the girl reminds me of my partner.
Makes me want to cry!

But, as she's laying on the ground, you see her eyes follow the camera.
then, blood streams out her mouth and nose...
the people start screaming.
she's so calm, not moaning or flinching, she just dies right there in the street..

And I agree with you, perhaps your confusing me with someone else.
Saudi's policies and reputation are digusting.
They are one of the worst nations on Earth, and its unfortunatey the west ignores that in light of their OIL!

But ,im all for Iran having peace and freedom.
Ive never said a bad word against Iranian people, im a staunch defender of them.
I hate the government but Persia is an amazing place.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

But Twitter has become so infected with redneck Americans, spam, Basij officials that its almost pointless in using it. In the first few days it was ripe with good intel, now its just crap!

That's what I find disappointing... here's a thread that now has been flagged 73 times, claiming:
- tanks are moving into Tehran to supress public protest
- people were having their doors kicked down and were being executed in their homes

About halfway through the thread, the tragic story of the woman dying emerged, and has taken over the thread. Such an event deserves a thread of its own, not to be used to save the credibility of the original thread, which has so far not been proven, sounds incredulous, and was based on ridiculous sources, all of which seems to carry forth the typical media negativity surrounding Iran we've been dumped with for three decades now.

The poster should have given this poor woman some dignity by putting it in a post of its own, not using it to try to resurrect credibility for some possible dodgy posting...

Rewey

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rewey

That's what I find disappointing... here's a thread that now has been flagged 73 times, claiming:
- tanks are moving into Tehran to supress public protest
- people were having their doors kicked down and were being executed in their homes

About halfway through the thread, the tragic story of the woman dying emerged, and has taken over the thread. Such an event deserves a thread of its own, not to be used to save the credibility of the original thread, which has so far not been proven, sounds incredulous, and was based on ridiculous sources, all of which seems to carry forth the typical media negativity surrounding Iran we've been dumped with for three decades now.

The poster should have given this poor woman some dignity by putting it in a post of its own, not using it to try to resurrect credibility for some possible dodgy posting...

Rewey

Only reporting what 2 media sources stated in Farsi which aren't regime controlled as far as I know, as well as Twitter. You had these sources with which to make up your own mind. The twitter sources stating it was confirmed were the majority, we still don't know if everyone just picked up on misinformation or otherwise.

There are threads about Neda. You have to realise that this tragedy was not widespread knowledge when it was posted here as a youtube video link. I did not think it would get this much coverage in western MSM. Up until then MSM has not made a big deal out of deaths, and the Monday previously 7 people had died with many photos of them bleeding to death.

If twitter later says unconfirmed and you don't take the confirmed twitter report seriously then how can you take the unconfirmed or tanks not entering reports seriously. You just have to go with what's there at hand. And from a few pages in we did post that it had then become unconfirmed, and then tanks not entering, and even back and forth.

Some Iranian friends of mine suggested that it's possible tanks did enter Tehran but later left. I don't know about that, but anything is possible with this regime. I wouldn't be surprised if tanks are used as a last resort for them, and this thread can pick up then if that happens maybe.

[edit on 23-6-2009 by john124]

[edit on 23-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

If tanks had of become present at any part of the rallies, there'd be multiple photos and movies of it all over youtube.

The tank thing was simply Basij disinfo aimed at scaring protestors

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by john124

If tanks had of become present at any part of the rallies, there'd be multiple photos and movies of it all over youtube.

Or western trying to conjure up images of Tianna'men.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by john124

Some Iranian friends of mine suggested that it's possible tanks did enter Tehran but later left.

Maybe they just came in to get some milk? If I had a tank, that's what I'd drive to the shops...

Rewey

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

reply to post by john124

Or western trying to conjure up images of Tianna'men.

Not if the tanks entered at darkness and left by daylight which I already suggested was possible.

Anyway todays unconfirmed reports are of a Tianamen square massacre. Plenty of videos and photos to back it up. I have a feeling you guys are going to be thinking that some serious sh*t is going down after all very soon.

[edit on 24-6-2009 by john124]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Anyway Forbes reported tanks were involved at one point:

www.forbes.com...

Just to add another source.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
An Iranian Revolution That's Not Over Yet

The new tactic forced the regime to diffuse the anti-riot police, making some strategic locations more vulnerable. In at least one important location, this vulnerability was worrisome enough that the regime brought out military machinery that included tanks.

Just for everyone's knowledge I am not trying to resurrect a thread for no reason. I'm only posting when there's something viable and relevant to post.

This is an interesting article.

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

and we have yet to see any TANKS. No proof. Nothing.

funny that with all the people able to post online that you get all your articles from, none include a tank, let alone tanks.

On a side note, John I hope the salary is good. I turned them down when they made an offer.

You can't pull the wool over everyone's eyes

[edit on 24-6-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jun, 24 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by john124

funny that with all the people able to post online that you get all your articles from, none include a tank, let alone tanks.

On a side note, John I hope the salary is good. I turned them down when they made an offer.

That was only my opinion. It's not impossible that no-one got photos. I did state it could be regime mis-info. What's my agenda to you then? Honesty.... yes that's correct.

I'm just passing on what info I may find about this. You can make your own mind up like I did. Same with everyone else.

Are you so bitter and ungrateful that people actually bother to post what news they find, or are you having more delusions about mis-info agents.

No wonder scientific research in conspiracy theorists have concluded they suffer from mental illnesses! Oh you want a source for that, here you go: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   

reply to post by john124

Oh poor you, you don't get to see proof of tanks. Is the world going to explode because you haven't got what you wanted? No!

This is not about you or what you want, this is an unconfirmed report that may later change when full facts emerge, and people of Iran wanting freedom.

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Protests in Iran - really? where?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

how you like dem apples

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well there seems to be a lot of confusion as to the reasons behind the present situation in Iran. I have taken it upon myself to clarify a few things. If you care to understand the under lying reasons behind the Iranian crises please follow this link.

Try to have a nice day

Iranian revolt Explaned

posted on Jun, 25 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Protests in Iran - really? where?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

how you like dem apples

warrenb, you are a joke... you provide the most dis-info on here.

You complete hypocrite, you believe only by choice never by rational thinking. You believe one set of photos yet discredit others, with no specific reasons why apart from they fit your agenda and already chosen beliefs.

Don't go all straw-man on me. I have said several times tanks may not have been involved. Your thread is saying no protesting taking place. Since there were confirmed protesting by lots of foreign news media last week, you have yet to explain what the outcome of that was. Did it just go away??? Is that your argument.

I've asked several key questions on your thread, please answer them.

[edit on 25-6-2009 by john124]

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join