It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic
reply to post by DangerDeath

What? What is disreputable about what I said? What are you talking about? All I said is that the way the info is coming out from Iran is crazy and that there's Iranian disinfo agents in the clear on a lot of these sources threatening death and violence and saying all the news is fake. I have no idea what the # you're talking about.

I am saying that what is going on in Iran is more a personal event for every individual there than a "mass event". That is why we perceive a cacophony of information. That is all. It is normal not to have a "precise information" about the whole thing. No one has such an insight yet.

This situation is actually demanding from each of us to make up our own mind about this stand off versus the tyranny.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
By the way, this is the best place for info on what's going on over there. It's being updated several times a minute by people from all over the world helping to get the info out of Iran.

iran.whyweprotest.net...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisYah

wrong.

If they want to continue this ridiculous charade sponsored by the CIA then so be it, it’s pathetic and many Iranians agree

What an insult.
People are dying and marching for their rights, and you call it pathetic and ridiculous. I’d say your nothing but a basij wannabe, but i doubt Iranian authorities would come as far as ATS.

Iranians Agree?
Can you show us what Iranians are saying that these protests/marches are 'pathetic'
because I live with Iranians, Iranians who were locked up by this government, who fled this country to escape death. Iranians who have been speaking with family and friends in Shiraz, Isfahan and Tehran on a daily basis and I can assure you your ignorant belief that Iranians find these marches pathetic is seriously flawed to the point I believe your simply talking out your a$$

They do represent Iran,

Ahmadinejads rallies have been shown to be photo shopped.
Have you seen these photos?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/36ef82de0006.jpg[/atsimg]

See how it’s FAKE?
Now, if Ahmadinejad is the 'popular and legitimate ruler' why then do they need to Photoshop rallies to make them appear big?

Second,
This is what a REAL RALLY of the PEOPLE looks like

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/401dedb68034.jpg[/atsimg]

notice how they aren’t holding placards, or signs, or banners? notice how they aren’t 'politically' motivated?

These people aren’t marching to help America, what the hell is with that concept?
One day people believe these Iranians want to cut our heads off and blow us up, the next people are saying they are doing what we ask and marching

They don’t give a crap about America,
these people are marching to stop this, OPRESSION!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da1e3e5f1111.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae94a0177b2e.jpg[/atsimg]

Your assumption that the people find these marches pathetic sickens me.
It’s not bad enough you allow your country to fall to murderous tyrants, how dare you criticize those who dare stand up for their rights.
You my friend are a coward.
No wonder you find these marches hard to swallow, you’ve never seen nor felt such courage.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

many people on facebook and other social media has begun changing their nicks to Neda - for to honour the dead girl - killed by the regim

iran.whyweprotest.net...

The first thing that happens in revolutionary times is creation of their own mythology or "geography". It will be "populated" with martyrs, landmarks and symbols very soon.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Dude, I don't care what sickens you, no offence. You're one of those people who like to emphasise the negative features of a society, and yes, many of these protesters are doing to impress the Americans...I've spoken with them. I could make any place look bad by picking and collecting the negative things that go on there, it's called propaganda. All I'm saying is there's too sides of the story, and you're only trying to enlarge one. These people are a MINORITY, do you know how large the Iranian population is? I can easily point the BBC doctored photo scheme too, but that's just propaganda on my part. This whole situation is clouded by propaganda and bias, it doesn't represent all of the Iranian people. And regardless of whether you like it or not, not every Iranian, native-born Iranian, are proud of this chaos. There are a few unfortunate deaths, but these people committed themselves to this for "martyrdom" or whatever they called it. They act as if they have absolutely NO freedom at all when they are allowed to use the Internet to spread their biased mistruths, listen to whatever music they want, walk around in any clothing they desire, drive any car and live freely. They're like the Liberals of Iran, always want it both ways. They have what they apparently are fighting for already, which begs the question who's really being this faux?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by TravisYah]

[replaced Big Quote with Reply to:]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This piece gives some points of view from a different angle

engforum.pravda.ru...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I can't help but notice the US media seems to care a lot more about the freedom of oil rich nations then others. Not that long ago I remember there were large anti-government protests in Thailand and there was hardly anything about it in the US media, nothing compared to this media blitz. In Asia it got some coverage and that's why I remember it. Anyway the Iranian government is not the best in the world but there are plenty worse that hardly get a mention in the news. The main difference is there isn't as much profit to be made out of conflict in these other regions of the world.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I used to wonder how dictatorships could exist. Now I know.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

They act as if they have absolutely NO freedom at all when they are allowed to use the Internet to spread their biased mistruths, listen to whatever music they want, walk around in any clothing they desire,

1. They cant drink
2. Women must wear dark clothing
3. Women must cover there hair
4. Women must NOT wear makeup
5. You are NOT allowed American TV/Movies
6. You are NOT allowed to be born Muslim, but convert to christianity
7. You are NOT allowed to elect your WANTED PRESIDENT.

You call this freedom?
1. No protests
2. No media
3. No internet
4. Uni's and dorms raided and smashed by government basij
5. Protestors SHOT AND KILLED
6. Protestors Arrested and beaten
7. Political candidates arrested and beaten
8. Refusal for re'election

Sorry, but you have no clue what your talking about.
Any Iranian who says these marches are pathetic,and the people arent behind it are not Iranian, or dont exist.

Your right, Iran has a huge population. (edit,my mistake meant to say TEHRAN)

Your right, Tehran has a huge population.
around 7million.

Now, dont try to confuse people with this,
Just because all 7 million arent marching, doesnt mean the majority arent with this.

some are scared, like you.
some work for the government.
some are in the army
some are old, some are young.
some voted for Ahmadinejad.
When the Shah was ousted, there were LESS % of people than today.
The only difference is todays rallies and protests are spreading further.

But the shear fact that such MASSIVE protests have gone on, when people are being SHOT in the streets, when the government is arresting people, beating people up etc etc proves that this isnt a whim, a fad.

These people are genuine.
You or your 'sources' are not!

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Agit8dChop]

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jacob08
I can't help but notice the US media seems to care a lot more about the freedom of oil rich nations then others. Not that long ago I remember there were large anti-government protests in Thailand and there was hardly anything about it in the US media, nothing compared to this media blitz. In Asia it got some coverage and that's why I remember it. Anyway the Iranian government is not the best in the world but there are plenty worse that hardly get a mention in the news. The main difference is there isn't as much profit to be made out of conflict in these other regions of the world.

QUOTED for TRUTH, too bad the Iranians are giving these vicious money-hoarders a ticket to steal their resources and pillage them, if this protest is a success then that's exactly what will happen, and I won't feel sorry for them one bit because they deserve it for their defiance and the way they're desperately inviting foreign entities who have expressed interest in destabilise their country, to well, proceed with their operations. These defiant youth want to give up a prospering and free way of life for a failed one called capitalism, where the American can't even reach the American dream, they think they can? Funny.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

I used to wonder how dictatorships could exist. Now I know.

You don't have to wonder, just go to work in your fortune 500 slave office and look out the window, dude. Your hypocrisy is astounding. You really believe you don't live in a dictatorship, buddy, the history book will show America as democratic/republican but the reality conflicts. Wake up and smell the freshly brewed coffee.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChopYour right, Iran has a huge population.
around 7million.

Now, dont try to confuse people with this,
Just because all 7 million arent marching, doesnt mean the majority arent with this.

The population of Iran is about 71 million. I'm surprised an expert on Iranian society such as yourself didn't not know this basic fact.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by Jacob08]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jacob08

My mistake, i meant to say TEHRAN not IRAN

Tehran is the largest city in the Middle East and is the second most populated city in South Western Asia with an official population of 7,088,287, expanding to approximately 13.4 million in Greater Tehran

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   

There are a few unfortunate deaths, but these people committed themselves to this for "martyrdom" or whatever they called it.

I hope I will see the day when unfortunate death comes for you and then write a nice obituary by using false reasoning in your own fashion.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Actually, the population of Iran is around 70 million.
www.irantour.org...

Chop, I can't believe I am saying this, but...

He lives there and he has his right to his opinion, no matter how much we disagree with it.
(In fact, trying to deny him his opinion is very much like what Iran's dictator is doing!)

One more point, it is an often unknown fact that most revolutions occur with participation of 2% or so of the total population.

Most of the rest hide and hope to not be involved.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath

There are a few unfortunate deaths, but these people committed themselves to this for "martyrdom" or whatever they called it.

I hope I will see the day when unfortunate death comes for you and then write a nice obituary by using false reasoning in your own fashion.

The truth hurts doesn't it? There deaths were unfortunate, you're suggesting otherwise? Nobody had to die, but this whole fiasco didn't had to occur.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
according to the tweets, the OP link RE tanks is inaccurate and, as it was from yesterday and remains unconfirmed (and contrary to most tweets) I would suggest it is untrue.

The $1.6billion held by the UK has been alleged to be oil money that is being kept in the bank accounts of some of Iran's ruling elite - i.e. Not government accounts, but private accounts.
This has (again, allegedly) directly affected Kahmenei as it is believed one of his son's had some of his assets frozen for the same reason by the UK.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Jacob08

I have never claimed to be an expert,
sometimes a bit fast on the typing, but not an expert.
This doesn’t mean I will let people know when I disagree with them, or when they are wrong.
But I will stand fast and defend Iran, when people accuse there marches for freedom and democracy as being ' pathetic '

I will especially stand up when people claim that Iranians themselves find these marches pathetic and useless, when the obvious nature of the marches shows this is actually completely absurd.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by Jacob08

I have never claimed to be an expert,
sometimes a bit fast on the typing, but not an expert.
This doesn’t mean I will let people know when I disagree with them, or when they are wrong.
But I will stand fast and defend Iran, when people accuse there marches for freedom and democracy as being ' pathetic '

I will especially stand up when people claim that Iranians themselves find these marches pathetic and useless, when the obvious nature of the marches shows this is actually completely absurd.

You're twisting words again, I never said ALL Iranians oppose this as that's not logically possible, because there are still Iranians protesting on the street. And as facts stand those protesting are not a majority, and have not acquired enough to be considered majority. Facts, only facts, not propaganda. Nobody ever mentioned the word useless, and the majority of Iranians I've spoken with do think this is pathetic, look up the definition of pathetic. They think its pathetic in that these protesters are trying to appease a foreign government by enticing chaos.

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join