It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

peykeiran.com

Tanks are heading into Tehran to defend the regime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-6-2009 by john124]

In English
translate.google.com...

Mod Edit: Added Google translation link

[edit on 6/20/09 by FredT]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
One line statement as this is breaking news:

This is a reliable website that confirms this in Farsi, I had this translated to English by an Iranian I trust.

Also many sources on twitter (#Iranelection, #Tehran) state tanks going into Tehran supporting the regime. And more importantly no sources on twitter state that these are false reports. False reports have many stating that.

Many on twitter sources say they personally confirm this - that basij and tanks are everywhere in Tehran, breaking into people's homes, killing them in their homes and those on the street.

This is frightening to hear this going on during the night there. There is a march towards central Tehran, and in my opinion tanks are likely sent to stop that. And it's the middle of the night as well. Incredible!

Tomorrow the opposition urge all Iranian's to go on strike.

If the oil workers strike in the South West where all the oil is, then that shuts down the regimes supply of finances. Protests in the town of Abadan nearby are encouraging signs.

If the world boycotts Iranian oil that would also give the same result. Although Russia and China are main buyers so impossible to cripple the regime by this.

Same with the UN - Russia, China will veto a resolution.

Things getting out of hand, hope Obama has a hidden tough backbone. We expected the regime to hold a last ditch stand to attempt to gain back control. Unfortunately this is only leading to more bloodshed.

Hospitals still dangerous and basij killing injured patients who go there. European embassies still taking in patients. How long before the regime shuts these down and even closes airports? In my opinion could be in the next few hours.

That would mean nowhere for injured people to go. They are being forced into revolution.

It may be time for Brown to get a backbone and plan something with Israel to take out this regime sooner rather than later before 1000's or millions die. 100's were killed today, surely that's enough!

Does Obama have the guts to do something about this!

peykeiran.com

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
al arabiya tv which is arab tv also confirms tanks rolling into Tehran city centre.

They have people on the ground so this is better confirmation.

2 sources and twitter confirm now.

Something big is going down there tonight & tomorrow.

Tanks have weaknesses, the protestors will find a way hopefully!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Thanks for bringing the story here. I'll be staying tuned.

Ummm... This entire series of recent happenings in Iran is extremely worrisome.

I think what we are seeing on the geopolitical scale is people drawing lines in the sand and clearly waging bets.

Times are about to get very tough in those respects real soon.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I've also heard reports that the protestors managed to burn down some basij buildings with molotov cocktails.

Maybe the tanks will also burn the same way.

Obama is learning that the only way to deal with this regime is direct confrontation. The Iranian's are learning the hard way.

Boycotting Iranian oil to cripple the regime may only lead to them blocking our oil tankers. Actually I can't see Obama risking this yet, as it's a slippery slope to another war. With the US wondering how to tackle N.Korean's proliferation of weapons without war, we can't provoke Iran either.

Anyway it's sunrise in Iran in approximately 45 mins. Another disastrous day awaits them. I wonder how they sleep or even if the protestors get sleep.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well here we go...

This is the last straw if the people survive and don't back down there will be a new Government in Iran before next week. There are no guarantees though...

Remember this guy from Tiananmen square?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22f53108d015.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 20-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think that the media coverage and American involvement with this affair in general could actually be a double-edged sword. I mean, we all know that this is being used here in the States as a propaganda tool against the Iranian Government, but the hypocrisy is astounding.
I would say it is pretty well known ACROSS the US that our own Government rigged both Bush elections (or at least a lot of people feel that way deep down but don't want to voice it aloud) but where was the media coverage.

There are tons of protestors on the streets and it is being covered "as best they can" (actually funneling all of the real hardcore propaganda through the internet) but where was the media coverage of the same thing here in the States at the primary election protests?

I'm really just wondering how many people across America are thinking those same thoughts right now? and I don't mean people here on ATS because I'm sure quite a few do here.

I'll bet it is a lot more than a person would think.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Let the tanks roll in. This is just another attempt to grasp power by the treacherous elite running that country. I commend the Iranian people and they are an example to us all who yearn for freedom or one day may yearn for freedom.

I think the President should embolden himself and say the US stands in solidarity with the struggles of the Iranian people. If he values freedom as we all do in this country it is time to make that announcement. If we don't, the US will be labeled as hypocrites. I know this statement won't go over well with China and Russia, and if that may be the case; so what!!! Let them moan and groan but now is the time to stand by our principles for once and condemn the Iranian regime for it's actions.

+34 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

It may be time for Brown to get a backbone and plan something with Israel to take out this regime sooner rather than later before 1000's or millions die. 100's were killed today, surely that's enough!

If you really think Western intervention would result in fewer deaths, you're kidding yourself.

Hasn't it become pretty clear over the past 30 years that every time foreign powers intervene in someone else's civil war, the bodycount soars?

This is the Iranian's fight, for better or worse, it is the Iranians who will determine their own fate.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
This is the Iranian's fight, for better or worse, it is the Iranians who will determine their own fate.

Exactly so before the mass delusions starts about how the US or UK are responsible for this situation lets give the real credit where it belongs!

The average Joe/Joann Iranian who is in the streets right now fighting for their rights!

I take my hat off to them.
Bravo!

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

When you are talking about the American Government, they don't have any principals.

They have done this exact thing in the past.
They prop someone up supportive of their hegemonical ideals and then when his people turn on him, they bomb the country.

This entire thing is a propaganda tool. We don't have a leg to stand on morally and that is why both China and Russia are telling us to shut the hell up.

Too many things are going wrong right now. Korea in open defiance. Iran smeering our own Government's tricks in our face forcing our hand (hypocritically) and Russia telling us to shut up. Remember they have seen first hand what these tactics can do to a nation's continuity and growth.

For God's sake I hope people tread very lightly here.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
al arabiya tv which is arab tv also confirms tanks rolling into Tehran city centre.

They have people on the ground so this is better confirmation.

2 sources and twitter confirm now.

Something big is going down there tonight & tomorrow.

Tanks have weaknesses, the protestors will find a way hopefully!

I wouldn't count on the tanks weaknesses being found...I'd be looking for the weakness in their operators hearts. Will they have the gall to fire on their own citizens, their neighbors, their brothers? Some might, but I've seen many reports on police turning a blind eye to protesters and military doing the same. Let's hope the military men see the madness in all of them...besides they too are people that may have suffered under this regime.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

and if he did he would be attacked for doing so.
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I say we keep well away, we aren't wanted there, it will only make us the bad guys, we have enough on our plates.
Leave them to it.

"GO IN!" *we go in* "GET OUT!"
Let's take a back seat on this one.
But then it boils down to what orders we get from the crack of the US whip.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Tiananmen Square was the first thing to popped into my head as well. I just hope the death toll doesn't escalate after this, because there is no way this will deter the protesters. In fact this is probably an act of provocation by the criminal Iranian administration.

I have more I would like to discuss right now about this situation but I believe it would be better suited for Evasius' latest Timewave thread...

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

exacly, hell if the US gets involved 2 months down the road people will be condeming us like they always do..

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Let them fight it out amongst themselves. There's nothing else to be done, other than watch, wait and see.

I wish a few more countries would break the shackles of their oppressive rulers.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

There is no doubt that it will come to the willingness in the heart of the soldier to kill his brother or sister.
At this point, that is an inevitable confrontation.

I think that the mere presence of tanks in Tehran is going to embolden the protestors.
Good on them. People would be well served to realize that ultimately the people DO have a voice in these matters, whether the Government will listen or not.

At the same time. President Obama needs to stay the hell away from this...
But he won't.
This is a very, very volatile situation.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by Jakes51

When you are talking about the American Government, they don't have any principals.

They have done this exact thing in the past.
They prop someone up supportive of their hegemonical ideals and then when his people turn on him, they bomb the country.

This entire thing is a propaganda tool. We don't have a leg to stand on morally and that is why both China and Russia are telling us to shut the hell up.

Too many things are going wrong right now. Korea in open defiance. Iran smeering our own Government's tricks in our face forcing our hand (hypocritically) and Russia telling us to shut up. Remember they have seen first hand what these tactics can do to a nation's continuity and growth.

For God's sake I hope people tread very lightly here.

Very well put and I agree with everything you said. The US has skeletons in it's closet. However, if we value freedom we can at least lend our support with words of solidarity. No government is perfect that is a proven fact, however, do our past mistakes out rule the good things we've done in the past. I agree with you that we need to speak softly on this one.

+24 more 
posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Does Obama have the guts to do something about this!

peykeiran.com

This is NOT the US's fight. If we do we once again fail to learn from history. We have leveraged our childrens future, spent untold billions to try to install a democratic government in Iraq all the while conviently forgetting that we disposed one such leader, Mossadeq, as a favor to Churchill.

The fate of Iran should be left to her people to decide.

We can root, cheers, and pray, but that should be it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join