It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks Rolling into Tehran

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by really
reply to post by john124

Just curious, why do you think America, the UK, or Israel should do anything about this? The world (and MOST everybody on ATS) looks at America as either evil or misguided for going into Iraq. Middle Easterners want us to mind our business. The same with the UK. As for Israel, the whole world looks at them as crazy or evil for wanting to do away with the current Iranian regime. So, why should anyone of these country's get involve overtly with Iran's in house problem?

Amen...

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by really

I dont have a dog in that fight but can you show me where you get your facts about "Most" people here at ATS?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well, that would come from what I've read. I suppose you could ask the people who run the site to find exact numbers.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by really

Well I would love to see those numbers...

Hey since you made that claim why don't you look into it for us thanks

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

No problem, Slayer. I'll get right on that.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
No sign of "tanks"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41345e411ece.jpg[/atsimg]Iran Tense After Day of Violent Clashes

TEHRAN — Hours after police and militia forces used guns, truncheons, tear gas and water cannons to beat back thousands of demonstrators, a tense quiet set over this city Sunday as amateur video began to emerge of the violent clashes that filled the streets the day before

There was no sign on the streets Sunday morning of the heavy security forces from the night before, but there were reports that protestors planned to demonstrate again later in the day, beginning at about 5 p.m., giving both sides time to regroup, or reconsider.

[edit on 21-6-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

There are Iranians living outside their country, some of the having relatives in Tehran, andthey are surely concerned about their safety. They can call them. Sure enough, no tanks reported by a particular person living in Tehran, which is a big city to rule out their presence somewhere. But satellites don't have the visual on them either. What does it tell you?
You can stop any tank ever built except one: ATS-45 model BS.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
reply to post by yellowcard

There is no doubt that it will come to the willingness in the heart of the soldier to kill his brother or sister.

These religious zealots have nothing in common with ordinary Iranians.

Religious zealotry whatever the religion is a form of psychosis.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
No sign of "tanks"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41345e411ece.jpg[/atsimg]

Where do they get there kit from? Is the Iranian word for police the same as in English?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by no1dea]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reading this thread gives me a tight feeling in my chest. Why the hell does the world have to be this way? I just can't wrap my head around it.

I mean I can "understand" (for lack of a better word) the greed by corrupt government jerks. but why do the military and police get involved? Don't they have families? Are they supporters of a regime such as this? All it would take is the military and the police to revolt and turn on the government and then where's the power to enforce anything? The police and military are just regular people too! What the hell kind of regular person wants to enforce this?

I use that as a vomit as opposed to a flame.

I guess it really comes down to brainwashing and fear. So what else is new?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by jar11
reading this thread gives me a tight feeling in my chest. Why the hell does the world have to be this way? I just can't wrap my head around it.

I mean I can "understand" (for lack of a better word) the greed by corrupt government jerks. but why do the military and police get involved? Don't they have families? Are they supporters of a regime such as this? All it would take is the military and the police to revolt and turn on the government and then where's the power to enforce anything? The police and military are just regular people too! What the hell kind of regular person wants to enforce this?

I use that as a vomit as opposed to a flame.

I guess it really comes down to brainwashing and fear. So what else is new?

Very well put and yes the men in both the armed services and police are Iranians. I find it troubling too that they don't stand with the people. However, if they decide to mutiny and the revolution goes south they are at risk of getting executed for their crimes and their families will be destitute. So, I see them not standing with the people out of caution at present and it is to close to pick sides but done the road it could be possible.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kombatt98

[...]

The BBC photograph is clearly a similar shot of the same pro-Ahmadinejad rally featured in the L.A. Times image, yet the caption erroneously claims it represents anti-Ahmadinejad protesters.

www.propagandamatrix.com...

Hi
I'm sorry, but in the article shown above, the photo shots are absolutely not the same. Same place, but different times (look at the windows on the building).
"Deny ignorance", as we say here

cheers
TheTilde

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Military action against the regime of Iran?
No, as that would make matters worse.

The only thing we can really do is sit back, and not take for granted the sort of freedoms we live with today. Granted, we aren't as free as our forefathers had intended, but better than most of the world.

We should feel grateful and root them on. Our founding fathers have already died and shed their blood for their children and their childrens' children to live in a less oppressive world. The people in Iran are now making that stand.

I just hope that it isn't in vain. Since the idea is already out, it will always remain. It is just a matter of where and when it happens.

May your actions be just and well to become another astounding example in the World.

Good luck,
-FadeToBlack

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Well - the Bilderscum are at it again - using the CIA to cause innocent people to be killed for their own purposes.

I just wish the western controllers would get the hell out of these places and stop inciting violence and division.

The tank reports don't seem to have any basis - and I think the idea of the Iranian forces 'entering houses and killing people' is disgusting propaganda.

Don't fall for this charade by the Bilderscum - perpetrated through their agents - this is simply the use of lies and bribes to create civil disorder so the Bilderscum can try and gain control of Iran without having to deal with them militarily - they have used this tactic over and over again.

I hope it fails - I hope the Iranian people can see they have been deceived - most of the twitter traffic is originating from the Mossad and CIA.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTilde

Originally posted by Kombatt98

[...]

The BBC photograph is clearly a similar shot of the same pro-Ahmadinejad rally featured in the L.A. Times image, yet the caption erroneously claims it represents anti-Ahmadinejad protesters.

www.propagandamatrix.com...

Hi
I'm sorry, but in the article shown above, the photo shots are absolutely not the same. Same place, but different times (look at the windows on the building).
"Deny ignorance", as we say here

cheers
TheTilde

Thanks for the heads up, the link has been forwarded to several hundred other media sources who also know BBC's deception. Star 4 U

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by no1dea

Originally posted by SLAYER69
No sign of "tanks"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41345e411ece.jpg[/atsimg]

Where do they get there kit from? Is the Iranian word for police the same as in English?

[edit on 21-6-2009 by no1dea]

----

The term is most commonly associated with police departments of a state that are authorized to exercise the police power of that state within a defined legal or territorial area of responsibility. The word comes via French Policier from the Latin politia ("civil administration"), which itself derives from the ancient Greek πόλις ("city").[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 21-6-2009 by tristar]

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Eh?

We have people here saying good on the Iranians for fighting for their freedom?

WHAT FREEDOM?

The same delusion of freedom those in the U.S enjoy?

Damned if they do, damned if they don't. Either way Iran will know no freedom in the true sense of the word. Either a player for Allah or a player for the New World Order.

But freedom? Hardly!

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Burginthorn

Burginthorn, You nailed it with your thoughts. The difference is that the Iranians have not tasted freedom, but in The United States Of America we have, and we have slowly let it be taken away with barely a whimper.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I agree 100% with Dr Roberts. Please read his latest article below (link) regarding the Iranian election:

www.opednews.com...Are the Iranian Election Protests Another US Orchestrated 'Color Revolution'?

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Well - the Bilderscum are at it again - using the CIA to cause innocent people to be killed for their own purposes.
Don't fall for this charade by the Bilderscum - perpetrated through their agents - this is simply the use of lies and bribes to create civil disorder so the Bilderscum can try and gain control of Iran without having to deal with them militarily - they have used this tactic over and over again.

I hope it fails - I hope the Iranian people can see they have been deceived - most of the twitter traffic is originating from the Mossad and CIA.

Do you have any proof of this? I tend to think that this really is an Iranian desire -- especially in young Iranians. Perhaps the ideas of FREEDOM come from the West, but I for one think that all -- or at least the great majority -- are from actual Iranians looking for change.

However, if you can provide proof to back-up your claim that the Twitter messages are originating from the CIA, then I will change my mind.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join