It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human species is a virus and should be wiped out

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
We aren't a virus we are intelligent. How we use that intelligence shapes the world around us. It is too bad that there are those whose ignorance or malicious intention leads them by the nose. On the other end of the scale, there are those whose wisdom points the way forward.

Experiencing the bad with the good is human. Choosing is human. We have the capability and potential to create, whether for the good or for the worse, by each and every one of our choices.

There are humans whose entire lives are spent in dispicable ways. I admit that I learn the most about myself by being exposed to the worst of the worst. The best of the best are an example that I can try to live up to. There are always two sides to every coin.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
How can people be human, alive and have such self loathing?

I call it the David Koresh syndrome.
We are all supposed to die, except the person who says we all should die.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT YOU TO BELIEVE.

SO THEY CAN KILL EVERYONE AND THE FEW THEY DONT KILL WILL BE THEIR SLAVES.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
all i can do is laugh . . . . i see your point in some sadistic sick kinda way but then again some parasites can become simbiots. . . maybe thats our destony IF we get it right

oh and by the way

dont feed the trolls
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4740408b060f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
in the original OP it was stated that viruses can only live in a living host,
so this got me to thinking if you could stop your heart and revive yourself somehow (like flatliners) how long before death and how long before the virus is eliminated.
i know a little of thread, but hey your all here!!! lol

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Maybe we dont need to be wiped out completely. Maybe we just need to thin the herd a bit.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I understand where you are coming from, I really do. Some things you see and even hear about people doing to other people in this life is sickening. The thing is there actually are many good, decent people in the world. It's the bad ones that get all the media exposure.

From a purely logical argument, though, you are correct that humans are indeed like viruses to the host earth that we live in. However, one could argue from a metaphysical angle whether or not the Earth's existence is meaningless if organisms don't live within it. If humans were completely wiped out, and subsequently all other animals and insects, would the earth just fade into nothingness? Even if the earth blossomed with the most outstanding landscapes and clean, beautiful atmospheres, what exactly would be the point? There would be nothing capable of utilising all that the earth would produce.

[edit on 21/5/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
Humans are a virus and deserved to be wiped out

This reminds me of the famous Agent Smith speech from The Matrix:

www.youtube.com...

You (and Agent Smith) make a compelling argument. Humans are out of scynch with the ecology of Earth. Our consciousness is self-oriented. But who created us? Who put us here? Did we evolve our of spontaneous combustion? Did aliens doctor us into existence?

Theory and some evidence shows that other civilizations existed millions of years ago and that nature removed them one way or another such as through ice ages, deluges, conteninental crust shifts, volcanoes, etc. Earth knows how to take care of itself. If we don't become harmonious and symbiotic parts of Earth's ecology, then we'll be removed. Or we'll simple self-destruct. Either way, I agree with you, we should get our act together.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

If you dont like the thread the idea, or my opinion then why even bother to post? I dont understand the reason

Their is many acidic posts on this thread that are just blatent personal attacks,I dont mind though if thats how you get your kicks

It would be much better if you could try and come up with a well thought well put reply rather then trying to make me look like an idiot i can do that pretty well for myself!

Thank you for the other posters who contributed posts of VALUE
even if you dont agree with me

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Are you saying that because human's would be gone then everything else would too? or maybe i got the wrong end of your post

I believe the earth would be a much better place without us,in fact just imagine what the earth was like 200 years ago, Most places untouched by man

But despite what other people are saying i do not want to kill myself or another human i just think the earth would be better off without us

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

I disagree. Nearly all life develops an equilibrium with nature and it's local environment.

Yes, which is why approx. 99.99% of all species which have existed on this Earth are now extinct.

Life doesn't seek equilibrium. It only looks that way to you because you're seeing the current result of competition. All life seeks to consume as many resources as possible for their own survival and procreation. Wolves don't gauge elk populations and decide to feast on rabbits if they they are too low. Wolves would hunt the Elk to extinction if it didn't mean less resources, by and extent, starvation.

Humanity is not outside of this so called "balance". Consider peak oil. Say we run out, and the last few oil fields become fierce battle ground. Wars are fought, cities destroyed. Infrastructure collapses. We cannot ship food, medicine, or supplies, causing millions of deaths from the resulting war, famine, and pestilence. Pretty bad scenario huh? A consequence of our "imbalance" with nature? No. That is the balance. Like all life, we will continue to expand until competition over resources forces population limits. In the case of Peak Oil, all those deaths would lower the population of the Earth to a level that is more sustainable for the given resources.

So the very consequences so many decry as humanities "imbalance" with nature, is really the very essence of that balance in effect.

I think some of you people are too sheltered by society, and perhaps might not fully grasp that when you talk about "balance" - you're really talking about disease, starvation, predation, submission to the elements, death, and destruction. All means of checking a population. Some of you have very, very, very warped perspectives of nature and how it operates.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

I think he did start with a well thought out argument... He said that wiping out humanity is the same thing as genocide, and that genocide does not really solve the problem. Simply put, two wrongs don't make a right. However, his comment was quickly brushed aside as 'typical human rationale,' by a poster that supports your theory, a poster that seems to think he is more than human. Condemning someone's opinion, which everyone, including you and your opposition are entitled to, as typical human rationale isn't exactly a debate or productive conversation in the least. In fact, saying, "Oh, that is typical human thought," is merely attacking and ridiculing the messanger instead of debating the topic, which is exactly what you are now complaining about.

Back to the topic at hand though...

I disagree with your thesis, your thread title. Yes, there are problems in this world, but there is no honor in your solution. Quitting is no way to win. You cannot have good without bad, peace without war, life without death, and vice versa; it is the duality that we live in, a mystery that will probably never be understood. What I do understand, though, is that life is beautiful, a gift, the best gift. I'm not ready to give up yet. I see good everyday of my life, because I choose to look for it. The media likes to focus on the bad because it is more dramatic, it foments a more emotive response in the viewership, which consequently increases their ratings. Go figure.

A suggestion: If you don't want so much heat from opposing viewpoints, perhaps you should revise your thread title. In a previous post you said something along the lines of: "How do we remove the cancer of the Earth without harming the healthy?" This is a much better perspective, and I think it would help you achieve the productive debate and conversation you were hoping for.

Good luck.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PH43DRUS

Its true i stated in another post that it was a better analogy and i should of used that. I was rash in making the thread i am hot headed and i act before i think sometimes!

Humans are a cancer and deserve to be chemo-therapied! that is much better

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

yeah ok mate, lucky for me then your all the way in new mexico right?

You have obviously missed the point of the thread and posted some #

Your just like all the other idiot's who are asking me to kill myself ha

How about giving a reply that actaully took some thought? rather then telling me you will treat me as a threat if you ever come into contact with me, Me and you both know thats not gonna happen so what was the point?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

How about giving a reply that actaully took some thought?

Why should he, when you haven't put a shred of honest thought into the whole damned thread as of yet.

Virus?

Cancer?

Why the hell not just call humanity exactly what it is. Any human population outside of sub-Saharan Africa is an invasive species.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomfrusso
removed by staff

Wow not a very nice post at all really was it? Its funny i see post's removed for much less but the mod's seem to be nowhere in sight in this thread

You need a star and a flag and a hug or something

[edit on 22-5-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Well i think that people that think humans are a virus and should be wiped out should step up. I mean since they are already so far above the game and everyone else is soooo below them they should take the first step in cleaning up the planet and start with themselves and see if anyone else wants to join in. You can do it however you want, shotgun mouthmash, beat yourself to death with a shovel or swallow a gallon of bleach.
You gotta walk the walk.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by The Mack

Couldnt have been said better myself. Realize that those who speak of such things are the problem. What was that whole splinter in the eye quote?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join