It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human species is a virus and should be wiped out

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It would be easy to think that the human species is a virus because it acts like one but I know I am not a taker or destroyer so I am not a virus and I feel empathy and sorrow everytime I read/watch/listen to the news. I care... A virus just is what it is.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
so wheres the video that was spoken about in the OP

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
reply to post by jd140

im just pissed off with the way we treat eachover.

Who's "we"? I don't go around smashing bricks into innocent, old women's heads. There will always be evil men as there will always be good men. I think that the corrupt & evil group should be eradicated rather than the ENTIRE human race. Do I think that humans, for the most part, take this planet Earth for granted? You bet! I'm guilty of it, as I'm sure you are. But that doesn't mean that I'm a bad person.

We definitely need to treat this planet better. While not trying to sound all "hippy-ish" and whatnot, recycling and lesser carbon emissions from cars would do a wonder for this planet and I think everyone should try harder to work on this issue. The same goes for cutting back on deforestation. Every week in my town, I see plots of land totally barren; plots of land that used to house all sorts of vegetation, animals and such but now are becoming the next big thing in Real estate.

Destroying the human race wouldn't prove anything. I don't see why you would want to seeing as how EVERYONE is not innately evil. Have you ever met a good willed person?

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
Humans are a virus and deserved to be wiped out

If you believe that the earth is a living organism (The host), then it is logical to assume that human beings are a virus, parasitic in nature taking everything we can to survive from the host giving little if not nothing back.

What is the definition of a parasite?

Parasitism is a type of symbiotic relationship between two different organisms where one organism, the parasite, takes favor from the host, sometimes for a prolonged time. In general, parasites are much smaller than their hosts, show a high degree of specialization for their mode of life, and reproduce more quickly and in greater numbers than their hosts.

Food distribution

Wealth distribution

Wars

Religious persecution

Racism

The list goes on on on and on some more

so which bright ATS member can restore my faith in humanity? what have we done since our arrival on this planet to contribute to the natural order or things?

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Reading]

The Earth isn't a living organism as this is in logical conflict with your definition of parasite. This would mean that ALL life forms on Earth are parasites for living off the Earth. But actually they are living off each other in symbiosis, and the Earth is just the platform on which all this action is occurring. Thus you are suggesting a big circle/cycle of parasitism with the parasites being roughly the same size as each other as compared to the planet itself... which makes them not actually parasites but inhabitants.

Your list that goes on and on is not any example of virus or parasite behavior because the actions are inflicted by the humans upon themselves. A virus doesn't kill its own kind.

Geez, I'm tired. I hope this post makes sense.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
And I say lead by example. You go first, and if it still looks like a good idea we'll all follow right behind ya, I promise.

I've heard people say this so many time before. Humans are not a virus, we're an important part of the ecosystem, even if we are misguided in our modus vivendis. I, on the other hand, want to keep trying to get it right until I draw my last breath.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Interesting points.

But you should learn to see also the good things. I got a feeling you're just having a phase. There're a lot of good things in the world also, not only #.
The problem is, most people people are not aware of themselves, that's why they live like viruses.

That's the way human beings are, but we will evolve, in some form or another. I DO agree that it sucks to be a human. In a way.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This guy is just clearly having some angst, give they guy a break

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
To the OP, you're a fool. You don't even know what the hell you're talking about. A virus? To even make such an analogy betrays the true depth of your ignorance. A virus is an outside pathogen which infects a host. However, humanity was not specially created. We are not aliens, or god's special perfect little snowflakes. We are a species of hominid, primates. We evolved from nature, and can only ever be a part of nature - no matter how we try to delude ourselves or insulate ourselves within society.

It would be more accurate to say that humanity is a cancer, because cancer comes from the body, however - cancer is only ever been shown to be either benign or malignant. It's not beneficial. So to say humanity is a cancer would couple with it a negative connotation despite the system that humanity operates within only ever being utterly neutral in all regards to us. You could say that humanity may be more like a forest fire. On the surface, forest fires seem horribly destructive and wasteful. However, if you look a bit deeper into the matter you see that forest fires are a regular and necessary function of the ecosystem. It cleans out the old growth and dead waste, rejuvenating the soil with fresh nitrogen. Some plants even require the fires to burst their seed pods and promote germination. In many ways, one could see the continual cycle of mass extinctions throughout Earth's history as a natural pressure which ultimately enhances evolution by freeing up niches, separating and reducing populations, as well as pushing existing species into new territories.

Who's to say that humanities effect on the environment is not merely part of some grander cycle of extinction and rebirth? We, through our technology, are on the cusp of directed evolution by way of a fundamental understanding of the tetrinary code of DNA and Evolutionary Algorithms that will allow not just sweeping evolutionary changes per generation - but multiple changes within a current generation. We will also, within this century, give rise to a electronic biosphere that is capable of reproducing, evolving, and flourishing via robotics and cyberisation. It won't replace the current organic biosphere, but exist symbiotically with it - merge with it.

The human body is an expression of DNA. Therefore, it can be argued, that what the body creates is as much an expression of DNA as the body itself. This holds true whether you're talking about coral reefs or cities. Spider Webs or Subway systems. Insect hives or Industrial parks.

No, humanity is not a virus. It would be most accurate to say that we are an invasive species... and we merely do what all invasive species do. Propagate and spread unchecked by natural pressures until such a time as the environment adapts to our presence either by our pushing out of native species or adaptation of those species to accommodate us. No different than the Kudzu vine in the southern US, or Brown Tree Snake in Guam, or the Cain Toad in Australia. We might be pushing out the Wolf and Bear, but the Crow and the Raccoon are getting along just fine. The Buffalo may not dominate the Americas as they once did, but the Cow and Swine now flourish.

[edit on 20-5-2009 by Lasheic]

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I agree there are many out there that deserve this observation and it would be easy to say well let just wipe them out then.

That naturally would make us just as bad as them.

However what you need to do is stop looking for awhile anyway at the negative and turn to the positive, try here www.camillian-rayong.org... if this doesn’t restore some of your faith in human nature then nothing will.

Yes I know it is but one of very many such organizations but it is the one I know most about.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
We've all seen the Matrix too!!

But by your definition then any living thing could be considered a "virus" given the right set of circumstances, for example if some algae-eating micro-biological creature was introduced into a habitat where it was without natural predators and at the top of the food chain, it would overconsume until there was nothing left but itself, at which point it would die out.

We are simply at the top of the foodchain, with no natural predators, and nobody to protect our planet from us. Unhindered, we consume, and since we seem unable to overcome our primal nature, we fail to take the steps neccessary for global healing of wounds inflicted by us.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Am I the only person who understands what the OP is trying to say? This is great. Every other post is a person trying to defend themself about how we shouldn't be wiped out and trying to make the OP look dumb in the process. Give him a break guys. He watched a video that made him angry and posted what he felt. Do you people understand that? Don't start bashing of how he shouldn't have watched the video because you and I along with every other individual know, we are naturally curious. Oh, and to some of you others that actually believe that this guy was being serious, think for a few minutes and stop posting sarcastic/rude comments. Makes YOU look foolish and me laugh.

To the OP: If in case, you were serious.

Before anyone decides to ridicule my comment and state how you are not a part of this, I just want you to know, you are lying.

Understandable that human beings are vicious creatures that take for granite a lot of great aspects from life. Humans as a whole lie, steal, cheat, rape, murder, basically do the opposite of what the Ten Commandments say. We take for granite Mother Earth and most of us don't recycle. We can care less about others we are not emotionally involved with and we spend money on junk that will become old in a few years. I even do these things. I am against these things. I am a hypocrite. I take for granite many things. I don't really care about the Earth as much as I should. I am a vicious creature. It would be safe to say that I should even call the Orkin Man on myself.

But......

I am caring. I am loving. I would die for anyone that gives joy to this planet because I love them. I forgive the people that wrong me. I enjoy being able to walk down the street and see all these amazing beings that are moving with life. I confess love to God because he gave me the ability to see, touch, smell, hear, and THANK YOU GOD for Strawberry Cheescake. For those reasons, I deserve to live.

My point OP. It is a gift to have life. True, most humans don't deserve it but we learn. We understand. We love. And for the record, most humans don't go around killing women with bricks to the head.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Con't...

Humans are not perfect and never will be. As time goes by and our children's children come and go, rape, stealing, cheating, murding, will all go on. But, all humans have a choice. What they do will either benefit themselves, others, or end up in prison. Human beings are wonderful yet rational and a lot wrong plenty a time. We have the ability to love my friend. That goes a long way. We are too valuable to be exterminated.

I understand your feelings though. I watched a similar video about a man being gouged in the eye with a screwdriver and lost it. I wanted to destroy mankind because of that sick, heinous act. But, as emotionally and physically disturbed as I was, I knew most humans were not like that. (I still want to know where this evil that drives humans to do such acts comes from.) And I realized, I got no joy in envisioning myself killing these guys. That just made me as bad as them.

Calm down OP. Wanting to exterminate humans is just as bad as killing that poor woman. She didn't deserve death. Those men will get worse. All humans are not those men. I know that you didn't really want to exterminate humans. We may be like a virus in terms correct, but we give off happyness and love and that right there, is not a virus. Only evil. So lets make a thread on how to destroy that. Who's with me?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Reading

Well as others have posted- nothing much you can do but kill yourself. Unfortunately, you, like myself and every other human are programmed with basic survival instincts which override everything else. In the words of Arnold in T2: "I cannot self-terminate."

I think (deep down) many people feel the way you do. But hey who else is gonna populate the planet? According to science, nature will one day destroy earth whether humans are on it or not. So from that perspective "mother earth" is a bit pointless in the long run.

Reading, I think you have to keep in mind that humans will always have these destructive tendancies so long as we have the animal in us. Civilization has tamed the animal in all of us over the course of thousands and thousands of years. But our savage nature still rears its ugly head on a daily basis, just like you point out.

We live in a reality of cause and effect my friend. Once mankind completely elminates their fear, the violence will go away. We will continue to reproduce until one day when we all look alike. We continue to fight over real-estate until one day political boundaries fall. We will continue to speak different languages until one day we all speak alike. We will continue with class warfare until one day money will cease to exist. We will continue to fear disease until the day there is a cure for everything.

Once we eliminate the things that make us afraid, we will eliminate the things you hate about yourself and humanity. But then we won't really be entirely human anymore....? That is the pandoras box that ape-man opened a long time ago when he invented the first tool. That "pandoras box" is very serious business..... and the consequences are so far-reaching, that none of us can even understand it today.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Reading

What you’re basically saying is that the world would be a better place without the human race. Maybe but we wouldn’t be here to enjoy it so what's the point? I’ve never understood this kind of reasoning. ‘If we were all gone the world would be utopian’ – yeah but we’d all be gone so what’s the point. That’s like saying once we move out of this house it’ll be like a mansion. Big deal we’re not living there any more so we wouldn’t be able to enjoy it so who cares.

That’s the worst logic ever.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Reading

A solid reasoning, but I'd rather not be wiped out thank you very much, still I see your point.

The thing is that most suffering in the world is caused by the disunity that has been created between human beings and this disunity is created primarily by those who are programming society. Every man and woman is in it for themselves and their family (sometimes) and so one man does not have time to care for everyone else because he has car payments, bills, a job, hobbies, TV, beer, football, political parties, an ipod and youtube all to keep him busy... Like a hypnotist waving a watch...

We here in the "rich" part of the world are lulled to sleep and we in our distracted apathy have allowed the PTB, the Global Elite, the rich, the super-corporations, to rape our planet and create artificial poorness, artificial starvation and artificial waste. What I mean to say is that there is plenty of wealth and plenty of food and plenty of knowledge in the world for every single human being to eat and live without hurting the planet but that the super-rich, the 1100 Billionaires who rule the world won't have any of that because they enjoy raping the planet... They like being the boss of us little worker ants and they do a darn good job of keeping us fighting amongst ourselves complacently while they spread their disease...

In this we are the host and the parasitic forces of FALSE authority (religion, government, the SUPER-Rich) are the virus leeching off of our labor, taking almost all and leaving us with the scraps (all while distracting us just enough from the unfairness of the deal, just enough so that we don't wake up and unite)...

Best way to cure the disease is to rise up, which is why if I was in charge I would immediately arrest all the billionaires in the world and then hold a worldwide conference to decide what to do with them and their wealth, no one needs that much money while thousands of children starve...

We can be a sickening and disgusting species, but that's what THEY want, and what the hypnotist says goes...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
Your absolutely correct, could not agree more....

Why don't you show us the way, and lead on. Take the initiative and destroy your self before you replicate and cause he whole world to be destroyed.

I wonder what a super mod would do if the OP was found dead by his own hands after reading that?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
reply to post by Reading

I think you have quite possibly watched "The Matrix" a few too many times.

Human beings are not a virus, they are human, which is to say, fallible.

Agent Smith, is that you?

Maybe you should focus instead on being a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

link   
I'm in. Push that button, OP. With one act of mercy you can put an end to all the suffering in the world -- forever. Just make sure it's painless.

P.S. I don't even need to see your video. I know there is unbearable pain and suffering in the world. For some people it starts at birth and never ends until they die of old age. We will never be able to help all these suffering people. So I say good man, put in your sickle and reap. It's way past time.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join