It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human species is a virus and should be wiped out

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

Yeah sure whatever you say im the reason humans are a virus, Not the people doing these horrific crimes

Not once did i say i was 'above' anybody i was just stating my opinion just like you are

Even if it is completly arogant

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

It is the ignorance of the motivation behind all human action. Love.

Everyone is killing for what they love.

Education is the only awnser.... So.. what will you do? Piss and moan, or educate?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Water-tastes-good]

Well, I did mean humans as a whole. I guess I should have made myself clearer but I thought I did seeing how I never raped or murdered anyone else either. I was actually just stating facts that tons of humans do and that everyone that read the post has done something to an extent in there. I didn't mean that everyone was as just as looney as the other. Hope you caught my drift of where I was meaning to go.

Thanks for adding on life essentials by the way.

I am also sorry for calling everyone foolish. There was no need for it but I felt that this was more of an emotional thread seeming how I understood where the OP was going. I'm sorry.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Water-tastes-goo

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Water-tastes-good]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PH43DRUS

I think he did start with a well thought out argument... He said that wiping out humanity is the same thing as genocide, and that genocide does not really solve the problem.

Genocide has a bad connotation. It's only been used out of hate in the past, hate of a culture, hate of someone's skin color or genetic makeup. It's normal that you think of it as a tool of evil. What the OP is talking about here is more like a mercy killing. We are all one and the patient is sick. It's merciful. Nobody will cry about it, nobody will suffer for the loss of loved ones, nobody will miss you. And you will end all that is evil in the world. When you're talking about wiping out all of humanity in a merciful way, it really does change the whole scope of your average argument. Certain things just don't apply anymore.

Simply put, two wrongs don't make a right.

First you have to prove that it's wrong before you can use this argument. You're putting the cart before the horse.

Back to the topic at hand though...

I disagree with your thesis, your thread title. Yes, there are problems in this world, but there is no honor in your solution. Quitting is no way to win.

I think it's honorable for good people to lay down their lives to end the suffering of billions or even countless people of current and future generations. There is much honor there. Win? Do you honestly think you can win? There is always going to be suffering. There always has, and there's no reason to think we can change things now. Suffering goes on in places you don't even know exist and you'll never find it if you searched your whole life trying to eradicate it.

You cannot have good without bad, peace without war, life without death, and vice versa; it is the duality that we live in, a mystery that will probably never be understood.

Yes, there can be peace without war. When the OP pushes that button there will be all peace and no war.

What I do understand, though, is that life is beautiful, a gift, the best gift. I'm not ready to give up yet. I see good everyday of my life, because I choose to look for it. The media likes to focus on the bad because it is more dramatic, it foments a more emotive response in the viewership, which consequently increases their ratings. Go figure.

So you shelter yourself from all the suffering in the world. That's your solution? Don't look at it? That fixes nothing and only hides the problem. I'm glad you enjoy your life. Many people don't. How come they don't get a vote? Maybe they're locked up in some guy's basement being kept as a sex slave their whole life and as a human pincushion and they don't have the luxury of a computer. Where's their vote?

I bet if I could take the average person to the ten worst hellholes on the face of this earth and let them see what goes on behind closed doors, but knowing there's nothing they could ever do to stop it, they would vote to push that button.

A suggestion: If you don't want so much heat from opposing viewpoints, perhaps you should revise your thread title. In a previous post you said something along the lines of: "How do we remove the cancer of the Earth without harming the healthy?" This is a much better perspective, and I think it would help you achieve the productive debate and conversation you were hoping for.

Good luck.

You can't remove the cancer. What is the OP supposed to do to remove the cancer from the world? What can anybody on ATS do? Now if the OP has a button and has the opportunity to push it, then I say do it. There's no chance the O.P. is going to remove the cancer from the world. What can one man do? But if he's got a button? That changes everything. It's an opportunity of a lifetime even if it is only wishful thinking.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Apparently all life is a virus then.

Reminds me of the matrix movie. And that whole scene was full of hypocrisy. As the machines were doing exactly the same things, harvesting people for batteries and so forth.

And thats what the OP is, a bunch of hypocrisy.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

Nice post
exactly what im getting at, Its not genocide it is a mercy killing at this point.

People have taken this thread the wrong way but your post has put it nicely, i have trouble expressing through a keyboard sometimes

Great post

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

It would make you a hypocrite because a life is a life. You would be killing innocent people. And that would make you no better than any other murderer.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
reply to post by theyreadmymind

Nice post
exactly what im getting at, Its not genocide it is a mercy killing at this point.

People have taken this thread the wrong way but your post has put it nicely, i have trouble expressing through a keyboard sometimes

Great post

I'm so glad you guys have no political power.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeeker8300
reply to post by Reading

It would make you a hypocrite because a life is a life. You would be killing innocent people. And that would make you no better than any other murderer.

This does not make sence because another microscopic living thing would say to another microscopic living thing the same. You a hypocrite because a life is a life. You would be killing innocent parasites. But parasites are not inocent are they? Are we?

We see our selfs big, compared to the universe we are bacteria.
Bacteria under the microscope is big. We are pathetic as a species and for now we do not deserve much. We really don't, it's the truth.

Bugs in general are more constructive, they take care of the eco sistem, it's the role of a bug.

I see no solid contra argument for what was posted by the person that started this thread. In fact we as a human species are getting even worse.
There is no progress in our behavior and we in regresion. People that lived 100 years ago were better than us. We may apear civilised because we fake everything in public, it's society, it's fake, we act fake, we do bad things, we have bad intentions.

I mean come on, who the hell is going to go plant a flower or a tree when you have a computer.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hey Reading.

Well, its very easy to lump an entire group in with those few that commited this murder. Its easy to, like you said, lose all faith in humanity because of the actions of a select few. Ie, Hitler, murderers, rapists etc.

But there are also the people you never hear about. People such as yourself, and myself. The ones who just live life day to day, tackling every obstacle. The ones who would never commit such horrific acts of inhumanity. Now is it fair to lump those people in with the murderers and rapists? Should they also be exterminated because of what a few did?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

It truly is sad but much of what this thread is about is close to the truth, however there are still a large percentage of us in the world who are compassionate, caring, loving and seeking to better the world through change and decision making that can help and better effect our environment in a better way including the starving, suffering, poverty, pollution problems, animal food production, environment etc.

The saddest part is those who are doing their best to better the lives of everyone else on this planet are against the powers that be who choose to leave it in a chaotic state with wars, suffering, starvation, poor, disease stricken, pollution state etc. The majority of us I believe seek and desire change but those in high places with power positions pulling the strings really do not care and prefer to keep control of the populations and resources and world. We are fighting a giant to make earth a better place, we are fighting the militaries of the world that have been used as a power of control unknowingly in most cases.

How as a people can we ever bring change to the world and seek clean, green free energy that could save everyone's life and solve problems permanently? How can this be achieved when we are unable to come together, stand and demand the change? We need to make personal decisions as we elect people so do we need to make decisions that effect the outcome of future situations. With the limited power of individuals and people being controlled by a system of control we really can only do the best with what we have and be conscious of what is really going on in the world. We need to express our feelings and share information with neighbors, friends and family in hope that they also will see it the way we do and be made aware of what we know. Change must start with you, what will you do to help our environment, the planet, humans suffering, starving and animals being mistreated? What choices can you make personally today that will effect our world? If everyone started thinking this way there would be no market for unfriendly environmental products and things would quickly change.

MAKE A CHOICE TODAY and STICK WITH IT.

I see permanent change in the future but I see it after much war and suffering, it may take a very hard lesson for humanity to learn in order to wake up and realize what we are doing to the planet.

I fear death, destruction and great suffering may be the only solution to those who are stubbornly greedily living their lives in power running things. The house may need to fall first before we see how precious all of life and this planet is and re-organize.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic
reply to post by Reading

How about giving a reply that actaully took some thought?

Why should he, when you haven't put a shred of honest thought into the whole damned thread as of yet.

Virus?

Cancer?

Why the hell not just call humanity exactly what it is. Any human population outside of sub-Saharan Africa is an invasive species.

So you're a black supremacist?

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Only in regards to Beyoncé Knowles butt.

Otherwise, I have no idea what you're referring to. I'm merely saying that humanities original environment was sub-Saharan Africa. When we expanded beyond it, we had to modify our environment by pushing out native species, killing off predators, gathering resources, etc.

We can live in sub-Saharan Africa with little technology (like the Bushmen) or even no technology at all (like our australopithecene ancestors) without making much of an impact - because that environment was shaped by the inclusion of human evolution. Anywhere else, and we impose ourselves on already established ecological niches or must use technology to change the environment to survive.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Reading

When they say "everyone is unique" it is true, but as unique as everyone is, everyone still falls into a certain category. There are people in the world that wouldn't harm a fly nor step on a flower, but then there are others who would just love to see the world burn and suffer. When you say we are a virus, it is actually true, but everything in this world could be considered a virus as well. Everything is affected by everything on this planet.
Humanity was once part of nature. We used to live in the great outdoors, we didn't have to worry about laws, rules, taxes, rent, going to work, being policed and all of that good stuff, we were simply nomads. We were hunter gatherers. We were wild and untamed. But then agriculture entered the picture. villeges, towns, cities became established. Nations and governments begun to be established, then the laws, rules, taxes, rent, going to work, etc became subsituted for our previous existence. But as nations grew, they clashed over territory, and fighting over territory became bigger, more organized, steadily more sophisticated over time. Control over citizens become tighter, slavery entered the picture, governments grew more corrupt.

Then as civilization became more "civilized", being far away from our nomadic hunter gatherer roots, we started becoming more lazy from the technological improvements, war became more explosive and biological that swords are just a hobby now and clubs and spears are seen as relics at a museum. But then people started losing their attachment to nature, in fact it is so bad with many people that they can't even smell the scent of a rose, and they don't have a sinus problem! That is why no one really cares about rain forests being chopped down, or endangered animals on the verge of extinction, or how we are trashing our planet with waste, polluting our air and water without really caring thinking the problem will just go away, or draining and using up resources, it's because we are detached from our own planet!

Now we live in a society that is getting fatter, lazier, cold hearted, we are taking too much for granted, there is no disipline, no responsibility because most people can't even own up for any wrong doings or mistakes just point the finger elsewhere, more and more people are on medication for something. Today, you could easily notice a trend where teenagers are taking pills for depression, pain, or some mental disorder, healthcare is outrageous, you break your leg, you lose your house, car and a fragment of your soul, everything is taxed i'm surprised we aren't taxed for air yet! We are spinning faster than our planet and it's getting out of control. It's no wonder why people are going psychotic on each other. If things don't change, real soon everything is just going to collapse and tear itself apart to where cannibolism will be a common thing to see on the streets. It sounds unlikely, but everything is possible.

When I put this way, it sounds like the best way would be to just wipe out the human population and start from scratch. But that won't do any good. We'll just end up repeating the cycle and who knows maybe we are repeating such a cycle now. Humanity can be a loving and compassionate race, but problem is is that most people are not in tune with that side of themselves. Finding a way to fix what's wrong with us is how we are going to not only help ourselves but how we'll finally grow and truely be better.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Lumina
Humanity can be a loving and compassionate race.......Finding a way to fix what's wrong with us is how we are going to not only help ourselves but how we'll finally grow and truely be better.

At last someone beginning to think a little. Identify the problem then aim to fix it. But how?

Rather than attacking the OP why don't we all just accept that there is a major problem in our world today and that at the very least humans are exibiting a virus like bahaviour and not only are we attacking and destroying our host, earth, we are attacking one another. Instead (I hope you don't mind Reading) why don't we steer this thread in a new direction and interpret the opening title of the thread as

"The human species is acting like a virus - We should accept this realisation, identify, then fix the problem"

Ask yourself why are we acting like a virus? Are we merely trying to survive? Are we being manipualted to act the way we do? Are we in the wrong mindset? What are our current values, both society's and individually? Do those values need to be re-emphasised or changed? Are those values being broken or challenged by anyone? Are your freedoms to act on fixing an identified problem, being compromised? And more.

One avenue of thought is to think about the underlying infleunces on individuals, namely society. Think about the current economic system based on competition and profit, which leads to greed, which leads to manipulation and exploitation and elitism, control, debt, lies..... the list goes on.

Out of that list I'd like you to think especially hard and comment if you can about PROFIT. What are the implications of having this as the number 1 core value for practically every company and cooporation on the planet?

Don't attack react, with intelligence, compasion and with the aim of bettering yourself and others.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Y'know, the Matrix was just a film right?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I would agree with the OP, except that probably long before we bust out of this cell in search of new cells to replicate at. We'll most likely wind up becoming terraformers and guardians more so than a virus. Occupying planets that before our arrival were incapable of supporting life.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MacDonagh
Y'know, the Matrix was just a film right?

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I love it when people say they hate humans and think we should be destroyed.

Come on, man. Why would you wish that on a well intending species. We may do stupid things, and there may be stupid evil people in existence, but are all of us like that? What about yourself? Do you really hate your self that much that you would willingly destroy your life and all of it's potential?

We are here to learn from each other. Wishing fire and brimstone on humanity would never accomplish anything. Maybe you just don't want to try to teach people that they can change. Giving up like that isn't going to help.

Realizing that we must be eliminated only adds to the odds that we will be. If we all lose the will to try and reverse our course down the path of destruction, then nothing will stop us from going there. We can decide our fate, we just don't love OURSELVES enough.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join