It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human species is a virus and should be wiped out

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
It is arguable that a universe that doesn't produce intelligent life is a failure (even that it doesn't exist according to some theorists). Since no aliens have come forth or have had tech singularities of their own and moved on we can only assume that we are it and are heading that direction ourself. We are no more a virus than the other predators of the world, we just have intelligence. Do not be so hard on us, we are getting better and we will continue to unless some people, like on this board even, have their way and prefer to go back to a tribelike mentality... but too late. :-)

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
***ATTENTION***

The attacking, uncivil, one line and off topic posts stop.

This is your warning.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I think the Amazing Atheist on youtube said it best. Who cares?

Who cares if the earth is better without us? Then we wouldn't be here to experience this better earth.

Sorry but the point of this escapes me, I don't feel bad at all for wanting humanity to be here. If it troubles you so much then kill yourself and help to end some of the earth's suffering.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
I think the Amazing Atheist on youtube said it best. Who cares?

Who cares if the earth is better without us? Then we wouldn't be here to experience this better earth.

Sorry but the point of this escapes me, I don't feel bad at all for wanting humanity to be here. If it troubles you so much then kill yourself and help to end some of the earth's suffering.

Wow another person asking me to kill myself thats at least 4 now haha

Now back on topic i dont believe it would be a bad thing and the world would'nt stop spinning or evolving because we all dissapear.

The earth was here a long time before us and i reckon a long time after

Im not asking abybody to feel bad for wanting humanity to be here,You obvouisly missed the message like the other people asking me to kill myself

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

The claim in your title is that we are a virus and SHOULD be wiped out. If you feel that strongly about the matter then you shouldn't be here causing the earth more suffering. But I doubt that you really feel that strongly about this, I think you're embellishing for obvious reasons.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
reply to post by Reading

The claim in your title is that we are a virus and SHOULD be wiped out. If you feel that strongly about the matter then you shouldn't be here causing the earth more suffering. But I doubt that you really feel that strongly about this, I think you're embellishing for obvious reasons.

Yes the human SPECIES, one person is not the problem the whole population is.

I do feel strongly about it so dont pretend to know what i feel do you want me to U2U you the link for the video so you can see for yourself why i got so pissed off? Or would you rather just sit there and try and make me look bad

What are the reasons i am embellishing then huh? You tell me seeing as you seem to know alot.

If i wanted stars and flags if thats what your getting at i could of done it many other ways making a thread like this isnt going to get me much flags and stars is it?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have many times mulled over the human species and asked myself if we should all be removed because we are parasitic. Obviously we aren't natural to this planet because we don't maintain a balance within nature....we can barely maintain a balance within ourselves. Also, the capacity to feel emotions sets us apart from every other living thing and that tinkers with our logic somewhat.

If I were to be allowed to testify before a hearing of the multiverse and give good arguments as to why we should or should not be erradicated, unfortunately my list of pro-erradication was quite more extensive than pro survival.

(

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invisible Drone
I have many times mulled over the human species and asked myself if we should all be removed because we are parasitic. Obviously we aren't natural to this planet because we don't maintain a balance within nature....we can barely maintain a balance within ourselves. Also, the capacity to feel emotions sets us apart from every other living thing and that tinkers with our logic somewhat.

If I were to be allowed to testify before a hearing of the multiverse and give good arguments as to why we should or should not be erradicated, unfortunately my list of pro-erradication was quite more extensive than pro survival.

(

Exactly my point,well said imagine if our species was present in court sentenced to death by the PTB of the universe.

I think the evidence against us would be astounding?

What could we say in our defense?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

Yes the human SPECIES, one person is not the problem the whole population is.

So if you could press a button that would kill all of us you would right? I seriously doubt that you would. I was trying to make a point about your embellished title but I guess you missed that.

You're being dramatic to get people to pay attention to your opinion.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

I suppose the only thing we could use as an argument to allow us to continue would be along the lines of art, music, poetry, love and our capacity to have compassion at times. But who's to say that there aren't other species out there more passionate than we are that can create more beautiful things and are not just compassionate but benevolent.

The first thing on my "pro survival list" was, believe it or not, the resonant voice of Matthew Bellamy. And that's sad!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Not you, nor anyone else can change people, but people them selves. People will change in due time. Just takes time. We are slowly on our way to changing for the better. Odds are we'll still have Military units and police,but major wars will all but vanish for the most part. The military will be for defensive purposes only. I have total faith in the human race.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Invisible Drone

Its not sad at all! i just dont understand what matthew could do for you in a survival situation!

Empathy,love,compassion those are our merits but we seem to have lost them and instead focused upon materialism,personal gain,vanity

I dont know maybe im just abit to negative but i see humanity on the whole as more bad than good but hey thats just me

good points though!

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

Feeling a tad bit misanthropic?

I am reminded by an old song of Laurie Anderson... "Language... its a virus..."

For all the evil that humanity has done... there is far more grace and beauty... profound thought and amazing art... amazing technology and skilled acts of creation...

We are not just one aspect but a sum of our entire experience...

Who would have thought all that the wonder that is mankind would have come from that little monkey who fell out of his tree and banged his head.

[edit on 22-5-2009 by grover]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reading
Humans are a virus and deserved to be wiped out

Let me just start by saying i know this statement is very strong and a sweeping generalization but i think it has an element of truth to it.

What is the definition of a virus?

VIRUS: infectious agent that replicates only within the cells of living hosts

If you believe that the earth is a living organism (The host), then it is logical to assume that human beings are a virus, parasitic in nature taking everything we can to survive from the host giving little if not nothing back.

What is the definition of a parasite?

Parasitism is a type of symbiotic relationship between two different organisms where one organism, the parasite, takes favor from the host, sometimes for a prolonged time. In general, parasites are much smaller than their hosts, show a high degree of specialization for their mode of life, and reproduce more quickly and in greater numbers than their hosts.

uh... well that just about sums up EVERY LIVING ORGANISM ON THE PLANET, doesn't it?
Maybe been said elsewhere but I haven't read all the other replies yet.
But it's true enough. Amoeba, flagellates, etc... to extremophiles and earthworms too, all live off the planet, other organisms live off of those and other organisms which in turn live off the planet, and we in turn, live off those.

Your point was what?

Oh... maybe you meant "LIFE IS A VIRUS"?

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Yeah it has been said throughout the thread, I dont know why people comment on a thread without reading the whole thing first there is a guy round here his signature reads

'read the whole thread before posting otherwise your post is like masturbation it only serves yourself'

ha ha thought that was quite fitting

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

reply to post by abecedarian

Yeah it has been said throughout the thread, I dont know why people comment on a thread without reading the whole thing first there is a guy round here his signature reads

'read the whole thread before posting otherwise your post is like masturbation it only serves yourself'

ha ha thought that was quite fitting
Apparently it tweaked your senses enough to cause pause for a reply. So...?
All you have to say is 'meh, it's been said before, you're a loser'?
How becoming of you.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Humans are beautiful and should be free to express and celebrate such things.

No more manipulation would help us find our way back the shores, we can't swim till we get to the water.

Cycles of agression and deciet must be desolved properly and effectively, and quickly.

If people would like to believe we are a virus, then what is will be, but we could rather invest into thinking the opposite. Midwives perhaps, assisting the earth in a rebirthing process, giving her love and all the attention she needs.

I have never felt like a virus and never will. Choose wisely.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Invisible Drone

Its not sad at all! i just dont understand what matthew could do for you in a survival situation!

Empathy,love,compassion those are our merits but we seem to have lost them and instead focused upon materialism,personal gain,vanity

Actually, that's what is sad about the whole idea of it. My argument would be based on something superficial and beautiful because the emotion fails us sometimes and cannot ever maintain integrity on a steady course of positive attributes. Beauty however, never changes or fades. Beauty is beauty and my argument would have to be based on something aesthetic instead of esoteric. As a species we have contributed much beauty to the physical realms but when it comes down to it, any other contribution we have provided has been diluted or balanced out ...faded...because of our conflicting spirituality within ourselves. Not to say we haven't created some physical ugliness too but since this is an argument to keep our species alive I won't bring up the physical ugly we have rendered on this planet and other species that share the world with us.

Matthew sure couldn't save me on one level, but on other levels he could save me when other things would falter...as would the green shimmer of a hummingbird's wings...or a rainbow...or a tree in Autumn...beauty brings joy and joy influences our emotional state. A beautiful voice (like Mr. Bellamy) can provide just as much acknowledgement of the "good" in all of creation. I have always believed that music is one of the conduits to the spirit and although I used Matthew Bellamy as an example, there are many other equally worthy musicians out there that provide the beauty necessary to connect with happiness.

I was merely stating that it is sad that my one argument for our survival would have to be something manifested in the physical world. As humans we are spiritually and emotionally ugly...no matter how good we think we are, we all have that ugly in us.

Of course maybe I could be granted repreive or forgiveness for my choice of argument being that of something that is only on a level of something I completely understand...the physical universe around me. I have never walked into the realm of other dimensions so I can't really say for sure if humans possess anything that would contribute to other levels of awareness.

I am a human, therefore I have limitations

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Reading

Humanity is not a virus.
If you wanna wipe humanity out, start with yourself and let the rest of us enjoy the planet.
With regards to giving nothing back, that's a state of mind rather than an accurate attitude, and you might need to change yours.
Sorry but I don't have time for this.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join