It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are a Few of the Torture Photos Obama Doesn't Want You To See

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Another question. Yeah, I'm full of them today. Why is torture even necessary when you have chemical agents that can ply the brain?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by impressme

We all know what is in the pictures without seeing them. The only reason to post them is for voyeurs. Pretty sick in fact.

You are also putting Soldiers lives in more danger than they already are. What's the point?

exactly I take offensive to it b/c you just made my husbands job a little harder ...and dangerous
Why would anyone care about terrorist ? Why would anyone defend them or have any empathy at all ? I don't understand it and I never will .
Those who care so much about the terrorist should go and spend a little time with them ..hang out see how that works out for you

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
What the hell does that mean? The ass clowns who did these horbile things are in Jail Fort Leavenworth, who else is there to be punished?

Isn't there somebody a little higher up who were aware this type of behavior was occuring? I thought there was, either way, I jumped into this thread to point out that this isn't even the torture that is being debated, torture to extract info to save lives. It was just sick people getting their rocks off. That's not honorable in any way.

Apparently there was, she was a one star general who was demoted to Colonel. Now if the rest of the Brass know and even the pentagon or the white house that’s something I do not know. But I compare it to this; do you know everything your children do even if they are staying the night at a friends house? The answer is no.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Another question. Yeah, I'm full of them today. Why is torture even necessary when you have chemical agents that can ply the brain?

I do believe these chemicals you are talking about our very volatile. Now I do not know personally but I thought the US had banned them. I think those chemicals can kill while water boarding doesn’t. You can choose which one you want.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Leave your enemies dead on the battlefield. Take no prisoners. Torture no one.

How about getting our troops out of their country seeing as they shouldnt be there in the 1st place.theres a fair chance some of these people locked up without trial and tortured for years on end have done nothing wrong

The insurgents fighting the troops have done nothing wrong too,I bet all the loose change you have that if the table were turned and your country invaded with foreign troops driving past your door daily you would put down your bible and reach for you gun cabinet to force them out

Ok on topic.There tame photos compared others going round.When soldiers get a kick out of seeing an Iraqi man kneeling blindfolded while another is forced to put his penis in his mouth,it makes you wonder what these rancid excuse for men would also find amusing.Accounts have been told of young boys being raped.Now I know this is a tiny percentage of our troops out there doing this,trouble is it paints all the others in the same colours.I bet you some of our boys out there have been killed just because some muslims have seen these photos and have been enraged

I dont think there is any point in showing these photos or the others,what they should do is bring to justice ANYONE involved in these photos.The people who gave the orders too should be punished,and when all the guilty are judged and jailed-burn every photo,and wipe every hardrive that stored these images because if they got out they would be the perfect recruitment drive to boost the ranks of terrorists.

)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Not from what I've been reading. They're quite effective when administered properly.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Do you care to volunteer to test this stuff?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SFwife

I wouldn't worry too much about it. When you get to judge from a long, long, long distance, your vision is so very clear.

In a combat influenced area, bad things happen all the time, but there are some who must point and say, "that's so wrong" which helps justify their sorry existence.

Tell the old man there are many of us who understand the deal, the environment, the mind set and the thought processes he's experiencing.

The very last thing my Dad told me before I left for combat was, "Son, you DO what you HAVE to do."

And some of it wasn't very pretty, and fortunately, he never asked me about it. He already knew.

Watching the suicide bombers accelerate into convoys time and again, I'd shoot at any car closing up on me, you can bet urass.

No way to know if it's grandma and the new baby or not. You see a pattern, you take whatever steps necessary to prevent that pattern from happening to you.

The blood of these innocents are on the heads of those whose previous actions required these buffers.

Not the shooters.

link   
Also I wouldn't call those idiots at Abu Ghraib Soldiers ..they may have wore the uniform ,but they are not Soldiers .Every group has its 10% and the Military is no exception .

link   
reply to post by dooper

I see no difference between a uniformed enemy, and a non uniformed enemy. They both have the same objective that is to kill you. If you capture them you are responsible for their care as long as they are in your custody.

If you kill them in battle they die an honorable death. If you kill them in captivity they die with no honor. If you torture them you loose your honor. It doesn't matter whether or not they have a uniform on. An enemy is an enemy.

If you were a civilian defending your country from an outside force. Wouldn't you hope they would show you the same courtesy that they show uniformed personnel?

For those that talk about suicide bombers, I have to argue that the Japanese had the kamikaze pilots. To their culture this was an honorable way to die. Are suicide bombers any different? Their culture believes them to be honorable in their deaths.

I would rather have death than dishonor. Those that chose to torture prisoners of war are indeed dishonored. Call them anything you like but they are your prisoners that came from the war and if you torture them you loose all honor.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Do you care to volunteer to test this stuff?

It's already been tested, what's your point? It's more gratifying to dehumanize and torture someone?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Tested on who? And if it was safe to use I am sure the pentagon would love to get its hands on it. Also I am sure congress would pass laws for us to use it on American Criminals to get the truth out of them as well as for use on POW.

That being said I am pretty sure this stuff has been tested and kills the person it is used on, this isnt a True Lies movie that junk doesnt work. If it did we wouldnt be having this conversation.... or would we?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFwife

exactly I take offensive to it b/c you just made my husbands job a little harder ...and dangerous
Why would anyone care about terrorist ? Why would anyone defend them or have any empathy at all ? I don't understand it and I never will .
Those who care so much about the terrorist should go and spend a little time with them ..hang out see how that works out for you

It is a shame really. There are many here who want to make your husbands job more dangerous. The same sick type of people who spit on the Soldiers returning from Vietnam. These people will always be around.

Thank God, what you see here is not representative of the general public. Most of us support your husband and hope the troops come home safely and the Terrorists are eliminated. Even Obama realized how wrong putting these pictures out is and how it can endanger the troops. Those who leak them should be charged with Treason. I'm saddened they are posted here and other places. They serve no purpose for anyone but sick voyeurs.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Okay, this is freaking me out!!

www.salon.com...

If this is true, God help us all...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

So what u are saying is that it is THAT EASY to get these things out on the net, etc.. without the FBI, CIA, etc.. seeing it?

Either they are stupid - OR - This all is a trick to control the masses....

Anything like these photos getting out, etc.. are TOO EASY for it to NOT be a legit leak, but one AUTHORIZED to get out...

I for one KNOW it to be too easy for the Gov.. to say what they said up there on tv, however authorize a supposed leak later on, thus by controlling the masses thinking one is winning when one is actually LOSING the fight...

NEVER overestimate the Gov, etc.. Always be on your feet, esp. with these SUPPOSED leaks, do NOT let them THINK your WINNING, but you MUST KNOW you've won, and when you figure that out - it will take awhile as at anytime it could become quiet - then one thinks they have won - removes their armor - then after which it's all over for you, 'cause now u've let down your guard, and one shouldn't have....

Always be prepared for the worse to happen even if it doesn't...

[edit on 14-5-2009 by nowshining]

[edit on 14-5-2009 by nowshining]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The test go back over 60 years:

Drugs used as truth serums. Two of the most commonly used truth serums are members of the barbiturate drug class. Barbiturates are sedatives and hypnotics that are created from barbituric acid. They are divided into classes according to the duration of sedation: ultrashort, short, intermediate, and long. Ultrashort-acting barbiturates are used as anesthetics whereas long-acting ones are used to treat convulsions (anticonvulsive). Barbiturates are controlled substances due to their high potential for abuse and for addictive behavior.

Sodium pentothal (pentothal sodium, thiopental, thiopentone) is an ultrashort-acting barbiturate, meaning that sedation only lasts for a few minutes. Sodium pentothal slows down the heart rate, lowers blood pressure, and slows down (depresses) the brain and spinal cord (central nervous system) activity. Sedation occurs in less than one minute after injection. It is used as a general anesthetic for procedures of short duration, for induction of anesthesia given before other anesthetic drugs, as a supplement to regional anesthesia (such as a spinal block), as an anticonvulsive, and for narcoanalysis.

Sodium amytal (amobarbital, amylobarbitone, Amytal) is an intermediate-acting barbiturate. Sedation occurs in one hour or longer and lasts for 10 to 12 hours. Sodium amytal depresses the central nervous system. It is used as a sedative, hypnotic, and anticonvulsive and for narcoanalysis. When sodium amytal is used for narcoanalysis it may be called an "Amytal interview."

Scopolamine (hyoscine) is an anticholinergic alkaloid drug that is obtained from certain plants. Anticholinergic drugs block the impulses that pass through certain nerves. Scopolamine affects the autonomic nervous system and is used as a sedative, to prevent motion sickness, to treat eye lens muscle paralysis (cycloplegic), and to dilate the pupil (mydriatic).

www.espionageinfo.com...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

If this is true note that it Said IRAQI SOLDEIRS, thats the same stuff they did under Saddam. We turned over custody of that prison to Iraqi Forces in 2004-2005. And I have never heard of anything like this.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

The fact that you can't see a difference between a uniformed and a non-uniformed combatant doesn't surprise me in the least.

You are incorrect. I was under no obligation whatsoever for the non-uniformed combatant - under international law.

I didn't give a damn about their honor.

Your belief and logic is exactly why scores of innocents die almost every day in a war zone.

Your very belief is getting them killed. The women. The children.

Are you proud of that?

Your logic. Your reasoning.

It's GETTING women and children slaughtered.

And you don't even know what in the hell I'm talking about, do you?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Not from what I've been reading. They're quite effective when administered properly.

Actually there is a new method being used. Researchers at the University of Minnisota I beleive found that using MRI's they can tell with about 85% accuracy if someone is lying. Guess who had 3 Tesla MRI installed a few years ago? Yep GITMO.

I posted an article about here and will try to find it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

How about a reliable source? Also it doesnt say if it was tested and safe to use on humans. Whats your point here?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join