It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are a Few of the Torture Photos Obama Doesn't Want You To See

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Doesn't matter what you say to me! - I personally know how brutal they kicked in the doors in the middle of the night (based on wrong intel) and dragged people (often innocent) away to Abu Ghraib.

I laugh at you! - and at the same time I feel very sorry for you!

You could try to fool some of your brainwashed buddies with un-correct facts and lies, if that makes you happy & macho?!

I'm not playing your sick game!!

Ciao!

EDIT: I'm also very sure that most of the regular soldiers didn't have a clue to what happened inside the walls of Abu Ghraib, they just did their job and delivered what they thought was just bad guys! - unfortunately a lot of innocents were picked up as well.

It could sometimes be enough that one person wanted to revenge someone for some old business, so they falsely accused an old neighbour of being fedaayen and reported them to the American authorities. That happened many times.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
You know, rape and torture was not invented by the Americans. You can't hold us responsible for everything bad that happens in the world. American has only been here for 200 years. Who was responsible before that?

War has been occuring for thousands of years. Ever since the first caveman decided that his neighbor's cave was better than his. All he had to do then was conk him on the head with his club.

The planet Earth will never be civilized as long as there are greedy, jealous men who want what is not theirs. And yes I say men, because for the most part, women do not have a roll in this although some wars have started over a woman.

You can't turn your head and hide from the truth, but you can't lay all the blame on the current or past administration. To say that these pictures are the direct fault of Bush or Obama is ridiculous. They are nothing more than puppets in the game. I think Obama has finally realized that now.

You want to fix the problem, then boycott the military. Tell your friends and neighbors not to join. Don't let your children go either.

I am an Air Force veteran, I speak with a little experience.

As long as men 'play' at war, then there will be real war. And rape and torture as just part of the program.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
torture won't stop no matter what they say publicly.

if torture is needed to get info you know damn good and well they will threaten and torture to get any info needed to save, stop, find info on something.

maybe the military will try to not make it public they are torturing, but the cia and nsa sure as hell will torture to get the info and they are exempt from the military law anyhow.

this public media "we wont torture" is just a public lie to make the sheep that stare at the tv for hours on end more comfortable to keep "supporting that government". But don't be fooled torture still and will happen.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
if torture is needed to get info you know damn good and well they will threaten and torture to get any info needed to save, stop, find info on something.

I agree, sometimes nipples need to be twisted, but IMO only when it will stop innocent people from dying. But that talking point doesn't apply to the pictures we have seen. I haven't seen any of the CIA, or military interrogators working on getting info from somebody. All I've seen is a bunch of guys dragged out of their cells and worked over, naked in the halls. I'm sure they weren't asking intel questions of them in the hall, making them talk in front of the other prisoners, that's not how you get info.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

YEs we did kick in doors late at night, the doors of ass clowns who were blowing up innocent people. Cry for me now, over people who were humilated, lets not cry for people who were killed by the humilitated.

Doesnt seem to make since at all.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Are you serious the men who did this to the Iraqis are in JAIL, These are ABU GARIB PICTURES.. My god lets release them so we can stay and fight in Iraq for another 6 years. Do you understand releasing these pictures will cause a back lash? No you don’t understand, when our people are killed and beheaded you moan that they shouldn’t be there. The retardation with you and your kind’s mentality startles and baffles me.

Wars a bitch it isn’t pretty that’s why the send real men and women to do it. And on the occasion a psycho is found in the military and he quickly gets sent away to Leavenworth, let the generals deal with these idiots not some pond scum like the ACLU and you.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
To those who say this is justified because they have killed innocent people...do you think WE have not done this?

Just days ago we killed over 100 civilians....including CHILDREN.

This IS torture....if you don't want to believe it then you are in freaking denial.

There are many other ways to extract information...torture is not necessary. The whole thing if ridiculous.

THE WHOLE WAR IS RIDICULOUS.

Our troops are tired of being there...the people in the other side of the world are tired of us being there...and most of all....WE DON"T HAVE THE MONEY TO DO IT!!!

This country is supposed to be the "shining light" of the world. We are supposed to stand for LIBERTY and FREEDOM.

Sickening, but yet sad to see stupidity of those who defend a Symptom of an UNJUST WAR that was brought about by our own government's intrusive foreign policies on other countries since WWII.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by crmanager

There is not one picture of torture here you blatant troller.

Your sarcasm is noted, furthermore most people in here will not agree with you.
To say, these pictures are not proof of torture, would you care to elaborate what they are, thank you.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
No truer words have ever been spoken;

Jack Nicholson (Col. Jessup): Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? (meaning he's a wimp)

I have more responsibility here than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. (Big deal we tortured a few arab terrorists)

And that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. I know deep down in places you dont talk about at parties, you don't want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. (liberalism)

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then question the manner in which I provide it. I prefer you said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand to post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Tom Cruise (Kaffee): I want the truth!
Jack Nicholson (Col. Jessup): You can't handle the truth! (liberals - stop hiding the trueth - the only way to deal with these people is to kill them all)

Jack Nicholson (Col. Jessup): You #in' people. You have no idea how to defend a nation. All you did was weaken a country today, Kaffee. That's all you did. (this is what our genious president is doing)

Put this in your pipe and smoke it.......

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I said I'd never give up my weapons many times, because the law of the land says I have every right to keep them, and that no one has a right to take them. I mean every word, and apologize to no one.

Look. I'm American. I enlisted, spent my combat time in elite units, and volunteered three times for combat, and even voluntarily extended each of those tours. I've seen just about every trick in the book. I've seen just about every DIRTY trick in the book.

I've used about every trick, dirty or otherwise. I've taken prisoners who were in uniform. I've run across those armed combatants who weren't in uniform, and they weren't taken prisoner.

Call me a liar if you want, but you develop a very good sense of guilt and innocence when it comes to young men of fighting age, caught in very compromising positions, especially when you find their concealed weapons.

Does that constitute proof? Nope. But it would be good enough for me AT THAT MOMENT in the struggle.

Boom! You feel the heat and the hot wind on the side of your face as the concussion pounds deep in your chest as you're almost knocked off your feet. The third time this month. One brother soldier gets shredded, others are wounded and moaning, and though you normally never see anyone nearby, THIS time you see rapid movement in the structure immediately to your right front.

You instantly open up as does everyone else. In combat slow is dead, so fast is good, and for the next few moments, fast rage rules.

Everything goes on automatic, and all movement becomes a target. If it moves, you kill it. God help any bystanders who may wander into the engagement zone as there is no time to verify friend or foe. You actually rush forward in a frenzy to engage moving target after moving target - mindless of any conscious thought or personal danger - shooting and killing everything that moves until there is no more movement. Movement - reaction. Movement - reaction.

It's over.

Your conscious awareness begins to reappear. You slowly begin to take stock of your surroundings as your reason returns with your breath; your limbs grow suddenly weak as the adrenaline evaporates, and it makes you a little sick when you see what you've done. In fact, you are shocked at the deadly, reckless, uncontrollable burst of violence you discover you are capable of.

This happens day after day, week after week, month after month. What's it like here? We go out, kill a few of them. Then they kill a few of us. Next day, same thing.

In war and in a war zone, there's a lot of things that happen that shouldn't happen. But they happen.

Atrocities are thrust on both sides.

I don't know where these pictures were taken. So far, I don't think anyone does.

When day after day, you see your friends being picked off, killed and maimed, your natural gentle disposition gets a bit frayed.

You guys are much better humans than me.

You can sit in peace, behind a computer screen, and make your crystal clear determinations and certain judgments over those who live in a constant state of chaos and uncertainty.

My hats off to you.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by tomfrusso

You want me to "smoke" a Hollywood film? Uh huh.

Let me ask something here. When did it become OK to treat a wrong with a wrong? Was there a German Holocaust? You know, rounding up Germans because the Holocaust happened? It didn't. Why? Because we knew it was wrong. Somewhere in the last couple of decades we've lost our souls to fear.

2nd question. When was the last time an American was killed by a terrorist.... on American soil?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

There is a separation between the combat zone and a military POW camp. The POW camp is a prison, the inmates are not armed and therefore action taken against them is dishonorable.

Actions taken in the field as you describe is normal and is what has to be. War is hell as they say and blood is shed.

But take a moment to see the difference between the battlefield and the interrogation room. There are major differences. An enemy unarmed and in custody should not be subject to torture.

An enemy pointing a gun at you should be dispatched without remorse.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

You can sit in peace, behind a computer screen, and make your crystal clear determinations and certain judgments over those who live in a constant state of chaos and uncertainty

So true, my husband being a vet. I can never know what he holds deep in his psyche, after all these years, he keeps it well hidden still.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Those uniformed prisoners I took, I was responsible for, and they were accorded every military courtesy. I actually had a lot of respect for them, as they were some kind of tough.

Non-uniformed "prisoners" have no rights under international law whatsoever, I had no use for them, I hated their damned guts for being the cowards they were, and I certainly did differentiate.

So I'm a bad person.

Thing is, I really don't care what you think of me, or others who "roughed up" non-uniformed combatants.

link   

Originally posted by David9176
To those who say this is justified because they have killed innocent people...do you think WE have not done this?

Just days ago we killed over 100 civilians....including CHILDREN.

This IS torture....if you don't want to believe it then you are in freaking denial.

There are many other ways to extract information...torture is not necessary. The whole thing if ridiculous.

THE WHOLE WAR IS RIDICULOUS.

Our troops are tired of being there...the people in the other side of the world are tired of us being there...and most of all....WE DON"T HAVE THE MONEY TO DO IT!!!

This country is supposed to be the "shining light" of the world. We are supposed to stand for LIBERTY and FREEDOM.

Sickening, but yet sad to see stupidity of those who defend a Symptom of an UNJUST WAR that was brought about by our own government's intrusive foreign policies on other countries since WWII.

Sir, From what I understand there was a firefight between Afgan Forces and Taliban, Afgan forces called for American Air Power, in which the Taliban used the wondeful tactic of Human shields these people are so good at. I wonder how you may feel if the war suddenly showed up to our soil again? That is if American forces came home with there tails between there legs? These clowns will stop at nothing to defeat us, would you prefer to praise Allah now or have us fight him off so there can be no later?

link   
Everybody's a comedian.

NO, we didn't round up German's because they were MEN. We beat them to a pulp in a stand up fight. Not like these wossie terroists who suicide bomb inoccent people.

Okay yeah, the last american killed by a terrorist was 911 - and yes, they should pay for all time. We can't stop because the only way to win is the total defeat of the enemy - by whatever means...

Despite the fact that "a few good men" was just a movie, the last seen is true and applies here.

I lost 2 family members and 5 friends on 911 - so there is nothing you can say to me that will make torture of these scum bags wrong. I say torture as many as possible - and if they want my help, I'll give it - no questions asked.

Are we done?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by whatukno

Those uniformed prisoners I took, I was responsible for, and they were accorded every military courtesy. I actually had a lot of respect for them, as they were some kind of tough.

Non-uniformed "prisoners" have no rights under international law whatsoever, I had no use for them, I hated their damned guts for being the cowards they were, and I certainly did differentiate.

So I'm a bad person.

Thing is, I really don't care what you think of me, or others who "roughed up" non-uniformed combatants.

I Guess that makes two of us Dooper. Maybe we should turn ourselves in for crimes against humanity? We could invite CNN and MSNBC to be our judge and jury.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
the problem is that this leaked footage is just a tip of the iceberg

and when you see brave US soldiers doing this:

who knows what else happened there and what atrocities by western soldiers
weren't filmed?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
I said I'd never give up my weapons many times, because the law of the land says I have every right to keep them, and that no one has a right to take them. I mean every word, and apologize to no one.

Not asking you to, I say the same thing. But we are not the law of Iraq's land. And if our government changed the law here, technically we would no longer have the right, and we would be in the exact same position as the Iraqis.

Call me a liar if you want, but you develop a very good sense of guilt and innocence when it comes to young men of fighting age, caught in very compromising positions, especially when you find their concealed weapons.

Yeah, but with the amounts of adrenaline that are probably coarsing through your veins, how can you be so sure of that sense? Especially adrenaline mixed with rage because they killed one of your good buddies. The problem on BOTH sides is the fighters on BOTH sides are conditioned and indoctinated through training or desire for revenge to see the other as animals, not human. It's the ONLY way you can probably keep your sanity, and do your job. It's human nature and we would ALL react the same way being thrust in your position. The problem is people being used in this way on both sides by evil, greedy disgusting men on all sides of any conflict.

Boom! You feel the heat and the hot wind on the side of your face as the concussion pounds deep in your chest as you're almost knocked off your feet. The third time this month. One brother soldier gets shredded, others are wounded and moaning, and though you normally never see anyone nearby, THIS time you see rapid movement in the structure immediately to your right front.

Right, but they were trying to survive too. What happened to them and their buddies when they faced off with you guys in open conflict? They got cut to ribbons in short order. It's like somebody hunting a grizzly bear with a knife, you'd better bring your A game, and if you really wanted to survive, you shoot it from afar. It's the same way any force that is grossly under equipped has to fight to survive, and more human nature.

You can sit in peace, behind a computer screen, and make your crystal clear determinations and certain judgments over those who live in a constant state of chaos and uncertainty.

My hats off to you.

Why does it always become the hardened soldier vs. the (assumed) weakling behind the computer screen? I'm not saying anything about soldiers on the field, and the effects of battle...these were prison guards, laughing and engaging in what appear to be homosexual activities with prisoners, while beating them. The prison guards are not under a constant state of threat, and are in full control....

[edit on 14-5-2009 by 27jd]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join