It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are a Few of the Torture Photos Obama Doesn't Want You To See

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Aufwachen

Well to say they dont behead there wives just makes me want to know where do you get your news?

The Buffalo News reported that Muzzammil Hassan, founder of Bridges TV, is charged with murder in the beheading of his wife, Aasiya Hassan, left, in Orchard Park. According to The Buffalo News, Aasiya Hassan had recently filed for divorce from her husband, and she had an order of protection which removed Hassan from the home on “Friday the 6th [of February]."

news.bbc.co.uk...

"Honour" killings of women can be defined as acts of murder in which "a woman is killed for her actual or perceived immoral behavior." (Yasmeen Hassan, "The Fate of Pakistani Women," International Herald Tribune, May 25, 1999.) Such "immoral behavior" may take the form of marital infidelity, refusing to submit to an arranged marriage, demanding a divorce, flirting with or receiving phone calls from men, failing to serve a meal on time, or -- grotesquely -- "allowing herself" to be raped. In the Turkish province of Sanliurfa, one young woman's "throat was slit in the town square because a love ballad was dedicated to her over the radio".

The 19-year-old Iraqi was, according to her father, murdered by her own in-laws, who took her to a picnic area in Dokan and shot her seven times. Her crime was to have an unknown number on her mobile phone. Her "honour killing" is just one in a grotesque series emerging from Iraq, where activists speak of a "genocide" against women in the name of religion.

Amina Said, 18, and her sister Sarah, 17, smile happily in one widely circulating photo, and Amina is wearing what looks like a sweatshirt bearing the name “AMERICAN.” But their fate may have been the herald of a new, disquieting feature of the American landscape: honor killing. Amina and Sarah were shot dead in Irving, Texas, on New Year’s Day. Police are searching for their father, Yaser Abdel Said, on a warrant for capital murder. The girls’ great aunt, Gail Gartrell, told reporters, “This was an honor killing.” She explained that Yaser Said had long abused the girls, and after discovering that they had boyfriends, had threatened to kill them -- whereupon their mother fled with them. “She ran with them,” said Gartrell, “because she knew he would carry out the threat.” But Said found them, and apparently did carry it out.

16-year-old Aqsa Parvez in Mississauga, Ontario, last December. Aqsa was a vivacious and popular young woman whose attempts at a normal, Western teenage social life angered her Pakistani father, Muhammad Parvez. Aqsa, who was opposed to wearing a hijab and sometimes changed her outfit once she got to school, often clashed with her father and had left the family home a week before the attack out of fear. But she eventually returned, only to be met with strangulation at the hands of her own father.

I can keep going found over 1900 hits but i think you get the point to say this isnt done is just silly honor killings are quite common in fact starting to become an epidemic in the US and Britain.All i have to say is i wouldn't want to be a muslim female even if its only a remote chance.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
What's the saddest part of it all, in the moment of Obamamania, most will say "if Obama is okay with it I'm ok with it".

I don't think he's ok with it. But I understand his incentive to keep them from the media. A las the media is too horny after "big" news and selling selling selling the news they know will make people buy more papers.

The media's interest in this is not because of truth or justice. BS! It's been a long time since those ideals died and got burried in the pockets of CEOs.

WHAT, does showing these photos again achieve? We already know there was excesive torture in Abu Gharib and probably somewhere else. We already know about waterboarding, CIA planes and ignorant officers who enjoy hurting and humiliating people. No need to beat that bush again... cause this is what those photos are doing.
We're not going to forget attrocitees like these just because we haven't seen the photos in a few years. They are linked to a long ongoing conflict which might not scale WW2 in size but it does in lenght and therefore will do down in history no matter what.

Do not let the media pitch you like this. This is pure fodder. They don't care wether extreme afghans, talibans, pakistanees or iraqies go mad over seeing those pictures again. It's all about making headlines.

So imagine yourself as a leader in this situation.
If you don't support making these EXTRA photos availble publicly, you get tagged as being ok with torture.

If you do support it and let the photos parade around the world, cause that is what is going to happen. Once those photos get into the hands of, say, Reuters and sits on their online, purchaseble database, you'll end up with a whole lot of angry people in the middle east.
Well, you know what angry people in the middle east does to your sons, daughters, brothers and sisters don't you?

As long as there exists an unspoken an eye for an eye policy, the only reason this fire won't die is because someone keeps blowing at it vigorously. The media...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by constantwonder

GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY CRIMINAL!

In my Country we have IDEALS. We have LAWS which uphold those ideals, and we have EXITS for people like you.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by HunkaHunka]

What exactly have you done for "your country" besides live on its soil?

Do you have any idea about what you comment on or dose it just sound cool in your head?

Im sick of people spouting unrealistic nonsense about their own utopian fantasy lands...

Your statement above is, in essence ironic because you say "your country" has laws, values and ideals and if you wish someone to leave "your country" for simply utilizing their freedom of speech and opinion then "your country" is not the same place as OUR COUNTRY

<< 14  15  16   >>

join