It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Are a Few of the Torture Photos Obama Doesn't Want You To See

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

I apologize if it seems I was responding personally. I was poorly trying to get you to think about my response.

WHY do security forces not allow a vehicle to close on their convoy?

WHAT events caused us to fear closing automobiles or trucks?

WHO precisely is responsible for this reaction?

You should place the blame squarely where it lies: Those who used car bombs against convoys and installations.

You cannot blame those whose task it is to prevent repeats.

link   
I don't agree that these torture acts are necessary. However, the release of these photos only pose a threat to our troops within Iraq and Afghanistan.

Torture. Mistreatment of human life. It happens. That does not mean it is right. We all know that our government is hypocritical. You can stop pretending that you have no idea.

I say block the release *until* we pull our troops out. Then we can call it a day.

-FadeToBlack

link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Absolutely. Drugs can't force you to tell the truth. They only lower your inhibitions so that your guard is down. They could end up on some weird '___' trip!

It's all a mind game and a battle of wills.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I skipped a few pages of this thread sorry if this was already posted...

Look at this pic
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b15bd12fefe5.jpg[/atsimg]
This is SPC Graner. He was charged and sentenced with 10 years in federal prison.

This picture appears to match one that is shown in the article just from a different angle.

All the people who think these are new...THEY ARENT!
Listen to your precious OBAMA...He said that the photos were old, wouldnt prove anything not already charged and some youve already seen before. I found the one I posted on wikipedia...It appears Obama does speak the truth...

As for those of you who say..."well maybe they arent real photos but they are representative of whats happening..."

You are a monger of disinformation and hearsay...I had a post removed from a forum when i provided an asshat for you when you said that AK47's are equal to nuclear weapons. You are either severely brainwashed into believing all that your kings tell you or you are a troll spouting nonsense!

Im surprised one of the moderators hasnt removed your post since it is overly offensive to those wanting honest and truthful opinion!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Khalid Shaikh Mohammed

I thought he was the bad guy?Heres what the New York Times wrote

Mr. Mohammed was indicted in the United States on charges stemming from the Manila plot, but he eluded the F.B.I. in Qatar in 1996. He fled to Afghanistan and met with Osama Bin Laden, where he proposed a plan to train pilots to crash 10 planes into targets in the United States. Mr. bin Laden was not persuaded but he asked Mr. Mohammed to join Al Qaeda, an offer he declined. After the 1998 African embassy bombings by Al Qaeda, however, he accepted Osama’s invitation to move to Afghanistan and pursue the 9/11 plan.

topics.nytimes.com...

So it looks like the old phantom bogey man turned down his plan for 9/11 and he moved to Afganistan to join AQ and persue his 9/11 plan

So when the Taliban asked for proof that Laden was involved in the attacks,I am not surprised that america didnt have any proof!

The Afganistan war is bogus mate,your were duped again-Saudi Arabia should have been your 1st port of call

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
They were innocent ?
You know this how exactly ?

[edit on 14-5-2009 by SFwife]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Okay one Osama and his thugs were hiding out in Afghanistan, we gave the Taliban a chance to hand them over for murdering American citizens on American soil, they said screw you and we went in.

You obviously do not know the truth so let me educate you a little about the Taliban and Bin Laden.

Taliban Won't Turn Over Bin Laden
Fierce Fighting Rages Between Taliban And Northern Alliance
Sept. 21, 2001

The rejection came in a statement by Abdul Salam Zaeef, the Taliban ambassador to Pakistan. Asked whether the Taliban would hand over bin Laden, Zaeef said, "No." But his translator said, "No, not without evidence."

The Taliban made is very clear they wanted “evidences” and “proof” that Bin Laden had something, anything to do with 911. To this day eight years later the FBI, CIA, the Military, have not produce one shed of proof (nothing!) That is why Bin Laden has NOT been charged for doing, or for being an accomplice in the events of 911.

"Our position on this is that if America has proof, we are ready for the trial of Osama bin Laden in light of the evidence."

The Taliban finally let Ben Laden go because our government failed to provide proof that Ben Laden was behind 911.

www.cbsnews.com...

but Saddam did have a connection to Al-Qaida his name is Abu Zarqawi (sp) who was wounded on an afghan battlefield then turned up in Saddam’s hospitals to be treated, if you recall he cut Nick Burgs head off, and we bombed the house he was hiding in.

Al-Qaida had NOTHING to do with 911, Saddam had nothing to do with 911 nether parties did 911 that has already been proven.

We are not the bad guys stop trying to make us out to be, there are a few bad apples in the military those idiots when found are punished worse then you can imagine.

No, the Bush administrations were the bad guys for “lying” to the military and the rest of our government, and the American people. I am not accusing all of our military of being bad, only a handful and the CIA were involved in the torturing of innocent people. To say that our entire military was involved in torture is ignorant in it self.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tmd111
In war....things change, people do things they wouldn't normally do. Second, stop making it as if America was evil for this! ALL these photos were from a handful of soldiers that did some stupid things. I love the propoganda. lol I love when people show the picture of the guy with the black sheet over him standing on the box with wires attached to him. They weren't real wires! These people were setting up pictures like idiots and the worst offenders are now in jail.

If an event like 9/11 takes place, we need to do "everything" possible to seek information. Forget American's getting their heads cut off on Al Jazerra. Are you people serious?

Maybe torture isn't the best way and maybe it doesn't work and is inhumane but I think we were doing what we could at the time. Everybody is such a critic from their comfy homes it is unreal.

You clearly don't understand how serious this is!?

First they punished those sick soldiers who personally did this atrocities, but the people responsable for the orders and the implementaion higher up in command goes free.

Don't you have the intelligens to understand that they have found several documents signed by Rummy that gives away the whole torture game, and to which people he appointed in the chain of command to implament the torture agenda.

Some people think these people need to be punished.

Don't you understand the seriousness of the situation?? - all the way in the chain of command from the secretary of defence to the private soldier in Abu Ghraib.

"They weren't real wires"

Yes they were, they gave them electric torture and there are testimonies from American Army guards in Abu Ghraib that says this on video tape and in court material.

Abu Ghraib was one of Saddam's torture centers, and had all kinds of intact torture equipment there for the interrogators and guards to play with.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Well, we have to remember these people were not tried with a jury.

We have people here in the prisons in the USA who kill, murder etc, and they are not treated like this. In the US they also get a fair trail.

These guys are shackled and can not defend themselves. As a human I do condone this.

I also do not condone terrorism, but if we lock em up, they should be held to the same standard as any American prisoner. For Gods sakes, we are not animals. Two wrongs do not make a rite.

The guards there are just as bad as the prisoners IMO. They are inflicting terror.

I don't care how you shake it up, it comes down to humanity.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
You should place the blame squarely where it lies: Those who used car bombs against convoys and installations.

You cannot blame those whose task it is to prevent repeats.

Sure, no arguments there. But in the situation I spoke of, the Russians and the Chinese would have the same logic on their side, so how would we (the citizens) fight them if ever they invaded?...without being responsible for ALL the deaths of innocent American women and children that they shoot trying to avoid being attacked by us, the patriots trying to drive them out? How would we fight them?

edit: and just to remind you, you know i don't blame soldiers, but i have never met any that outright said they don't care if they kill babies, i hope you were speaking out of anger only...

[edit on 14-5-2009 by 27jd]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have to say, that electricity is a real eye-opener.

When you start approaching 40,000 volts, like in a really hot spark plug wire, stuck in a wet ear, folks talk.

And no physical damage whatsoever.

It's just mighty uncomfortable.

Anyone who's worked on their cars know this.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Had a whole reply typed out and lost it ...Anyway ,Unless you live in the middle east or have A **CERTAIN** Job .I really have no respect for your opinion (your in general) There is just no way for the average person to understand the sacrifice that **certain** ppl make to keep you safe in this country .
Its easy for me to get upset when I see slander towards those **certain ** ppl ,and comments from ppl who really have no clue what they are talking about .Yet they continue to post crazy replies ..sorry until you have lived it you don't get it and the very fact is that only the ppl doing the job know the truth .PERIOD .
Abu Ghraib is not the same thing as the so called torture we are hearing about now .Waterboarding is NOT torture .
If its something that we do to our own soldiers as part of their training, then its not torture. That just seems logical. To me, torture has to have a long-term negative impact, and we are going to do something to our own soldiers that is going to negatively impact them for the long-term. Scaring the living # out of someone has an immediate negative impact, but not a long-term impact.
I know I am wasting my time even replying to this hot mess ...b/c like I said only a few understand .Those few are the Real Hero's ..

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The great thing is that I am considered more right than even centered so your assumption of my political reasoning for my posture is typical. Always trying to bring it back to a two party, "us vs. them" childish mentality when it is more of a HUMAN treating other HUMANS like dog crap when MOST OF THEM and I mean like 93% of them were INNOCENT.

There were ties but I can almost guarantee you that I could find ties within YOUR own family of some criminal activity or terrorist group in one minute way or another. The truth of the matter, even with your 'factual links' is that Saddam was a bad man but he abhored terrorism.

Then again we define terrorism as it suits us. To us, we are saviors. To many of the innocents that have died from our INVASION of a soveirgn nation that DID NOT ATTACK us would view us as terrorists.

Am I sad that Saddam is gone? Heck no. Am I saddened by what has taken place from our mislead actions in Iraq? Very very much so. I am not only saddened but I am ashamed.

Do I hate my country? No way. I love this country. I served this country and was honorably discharged.

But does that mean we should simply allow certain people to destroy the image of this country and ashame it to near destruction because they have financial gains involved in the actions? F NO!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd
[more

Won't happen.

We didn't just pick these guys out of a phone book.

The mistake was in taking pictures.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

We didn't just pick these guys out of a phone book.

Actually, they were just picked up off the streets and their homes - did you even read the figures I posted earlier in this thread?

How do you feel sticking 40,000 volts into an innocent's ear?

This thread is one of the most depressing things I've ever read on ATS.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Won't happen.

The question wasn't whether it would ever happen, it was HOW would we the people, fight them out without being responsible for the deaths of innocent Americans??

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

How do I feel about 40,000 volts in the ear, or how DID I feel with 40,000 volts in the ear?

It was stimulating!

My brother caught me wedged in the engine compartment, and lit me up good.

No scar. No loss of hearing.

OH! You're suggesting I have him tried for WAR CRIMES!

Silly me.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Let's get this out of the way.

In war, people die.

Not just combatants.

Usually, many more civilians than military.

Fact.

It will likely never change.

Cry about it, bitch about it, feel bad about it, but for God's sake, at least recognize it as a fact of life.

And then once you figure this out, you can get on with your business.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Unless you fight with pillows and flashbang grenades... Or if you ride into battle on your trusty unicorn steed!

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

All the people who think these are new...THEY ARENT!

That is the point I was trying to make earlier in the thread, and I was called blind.

The title of this topic is misleading, if these are not the Obama torture tapes.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join