It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Weirdness on Google Earth

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
But aren't the p[hotos from Google Earth usually very old...sometimes years old?

I had it find my house and it showed a tree that has been gone over a years or so.

Is there anywhere you can up-to-the-minute (or more recent at least) arial photos of earth/space???

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sashromi

Yes, it's an atomic underground test range at Nellis is was retired in the 80's.

Yes that would add some excitement going to Vegas.

They recently opened a new nuclear waste dump about 80 miles out of Beatty NV.

This will store all the spent nuke rods, deep in the mountain. I heard a rumor it may be the WORLD nuke dump. Wouldnt that be horrible?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

The whole UFO/Alien issue is still intriguing though.

Many people believe all our strange complex geometric designs were made by them dating WAY back.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I can debunk this picture, the picture of a "UFO" is from the mini series called "Taken".

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Here is another picture from the TV series

Link

www.galactic2.net...

[edit on 13-4-2009 by promomag]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
reply to post by _Phoenix_

i agree about the size of the shadow now you mention it, i never thought of that.

their are other all black cars, they all show a reflection of sunlight, except for the one is/looks like a shadow.

i do think its a shadow of some sorts, but we will never know unless we knew anyone who used that carpark much.

Hmm yes they all show reflection except 2 other cars in the car park at the top.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d3f01e1f6b6.jpg[/atsimg]

What the deuce? I bet its a restaurant or something but it sure doesn't fit in with the building at all. Fun thread! We will find something one day.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

The circular one in the desert ir an underground ATOMIC bomb test site retired in 1980's. It isnt a mundane explanation. It is a fact.

It's fun to solve mysteries. I'm with you on that. I'm a mystery junkie.

I guess it would make it more interesting if it were something more mystical in nature.

The symbols of these test sights leaves a lot for my imagination. It's still unexplained to me.

I do respect your opinion. Different view points are learning experiences.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by promomag

I figured it came from the movie Independence Day. It makes me wonder what the Government is hiding.

Just think that the SR70 Blackbird was hot in action in the 60's. We didnt learn of it until it was retired. It went over 2000 miles an hour back then.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
Not buying the black car next to the white car explanation.First off all the other cars in the lot are casting a shadow in line with the light source along with floating car and everything else in the photo.If there are two cars there, they would be casting separate shadows.Not the case.
My guess is this is a car on a post like a sign.I have seen this done all over country.There was bus on two polls in front of the hot springs for years, also a VW on a pole in front of the salvage yard!Good way to get your attention!
Fish

I can tell you it's no sign, I've been to that area a few times over the years and there's nothing like that there.

In fact the current image over that area has now changed:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fa939f6f8a4.png[/atsimg]

I'm leaning towards it being a black car because well, it makes a whole lot more sense than a flying car, I'm sure I would have heard about it if there was a flying car in Perth.

Now onto the "triangle", a few things get missed out with that old photo from the OP, so here's a zoomed out shot:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6566c9101d0a.png[/atsimg]

In this second pic I've highlighted a couple of key indicators that it is NOT a flying triangle craft and is actually an aerial of some sort with a fenced compound around it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/31c21d5385ba.png[/atsimg]

Firstly. the red rectangle shows the shadow of the actual aerial.

Secondly, the green circle shows a water hole for livestock to drink from, notice the tracks? particularly in the areas I've indicted with the green arrows.
They walk around the structure, no doubt a fence line.

Thirdly, the "flames" are tie down points for the guide wires, not the propulsion system for a craft, if that were the case it would be upside down.
So when you dig a large hole and fill it with concrete you will get left over soil, which is what you are seeing.

The reason why it is a different colour is because the soil beneath the red earth becomes lighter from the limestone that is under most of the West Australian coast line (people can verify that themselves if they don't believe me).

Debunked enough?

Cheers

[edit on 14/4/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Jeddon, Nventual, Allenmgo - Ref your comments on the 'Black Triangle' object in western Australia.

Please read my posts from 13 April of 6:06 and 6:08 PM on page 4. I have tried to explain your issues in fairly complete terms.

But the short answer is that Google Earth does not own a constellation of imaging satellites. It buys its images from someone who does (SPOT, EOSAT, LANDSAT, etc). The image on which the triangle appears is from March 8, 2004. It will not change until Google purchases new imagery from one of the satellite imaging companies. Companies like Google, use their imaging budget to purchase updated images for areas that merit much greater interest and which change more dynamically, like urban areas, or perhaps disaster areas. It just so happens that the area where the triangle was imaged now hosts the Emu Downs Wind Farm which provides power for Perth Australia. The 'explanations' you guys have referred to attempts to link the triangle to Emu Downs. The problem with that is that the object was imaged there 2 1/2 years prior to Emu Downs going operational, and at least 18 months prior to the start of any construction. In other words, the explanations you guys cite don't work.

What makes the Google Black Triangle image we are discussing so damn intriguing to me is its strong resemblance to Black Triangle pictures and videos from around the world. Many taken well before this image.

See this one for

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Jeddon, Nventual, Allenmgo - Ref your comments on the 'Black Triangle' object in western Australia.

Please read my posts from 13 April of 6:06 and 6:08 PM on page 4. I have tried to explain your issues in fairly complete terms.

But the short answer is that Google Earth does not own a constellation of imaging satellites. It buys its images from someone who does (SPOT, EOSAT, LANDSAT, etc). The image on which the triangle appears is from March 8, 2004. It will not change until Google purchases new imagery from one of the satellite imaging companies. Companies like Google, use their imaging budget to purchase updated images for areas that merit much greater interest and which change more dynamically, like urban areas, or perhaps disaster areas. It just so happens that the area where the triangle was imaged now hosts the Emu Downs Wind Farm which provides power for Perth Australia. The 'explanations' you guys have referred to attempts to link the triangle to Emu Downs. The problem with that is that the object was imaged there 2 1/2 years prior to Emu Downs going operational, and at least 18 months prior to the start of any construction. In other words, the explanations you guys cite don't work.

What makes the Google Black Triangle image we are discussing so damn intriguing to me is its strong resemblance to Black Triangle pictures and videos from around the world. Many taken well before this image.

See this one for

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by xbranscombex

thats part of the building, like the las vegas tower... all of these have been explained in the google earth community... none of this stuff is newly discovered... infact look at their forum and i doubt you would find something new in google earth...
Google Earth Community

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I disagree with your Black Triangle explanation. Please see my more complete postings from 6:06 and 6:08 on 13 April. In short, subsequent SPOT imagery shows there is not an antenna there, and no evidence of a fenced in structure. In fact, currently there is the Emu Downs Wind Farm on this site, with Wind Turbine towers located not far from this object. And your assessment of a cattle watering hole is not merited. What NIIRs rating do you believe this image is? The GSD is simply not there for your conclusions. My bet would be that a cattle watering hole is much much larger, as the rancher would probably want to let more than one cow at a time, have a drink.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Or how about some unidentified flying objects:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f299de7aacad.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f77469704693.jpg[/atsimg]

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

co-ordinates?

I have these covered no biggy nuttin 'mysterious' really...
.........the white square seeming to float is a billboard and we just dont get a look at its posts but the shadow makes it look floaty.....

The round floating thing is a water tower .......view from the sky......ALL water towers resemble flying saucers from above.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I have wondered where the nuclear material from de-militarized nuclear warheads is being stored. Since the START treaty we have dismantled over 10,000 nuclear weapons. That's a lot of dangerous stuff. Maybe you have found a link to this issue.

And I do know that the US had some sort of program going to help the Russians in their dismantllng efforts. But I certainly hope we aren't bringing thier stuff back here for storage and disposal.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiseone11
But aren't the p[hotos from Google Earth usually very old...sometimes years old?

I had it find my house and it showed a tree that has been gone over a years or so.

Is there anywhere you can up-to-the-minute (or more recent at least) arial photos of earth/space???

Yeah i'm trying to find out if theirs any updated photos at least within the last month or so. Anyone have any idea on how quickly they update the photos.

Good post dude i've been marking a few locations on Google Earth, that bunny one is a interesting one, it's a knitted bunny on top a hill.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
About the flying car, I'd like to add that the shadow is accurate. If you look at the other shadows in the image they are all in the same direction as the flying car shadow. Therefore, taking into account what I said earlier about how low to the ground the car would be if it WAS flying, it is either a billboard or two cars parked next to each other at an unfortunate angle.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

Its TOTALLY a billboard............... I have seen that VERY SAME pic of the flying car looking unit debunked on this site before.
Ive been a member here so long everything old gets recycled as 'new' agaiin with the influx of new folks.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

I disagree with your Black Triangle explanation. Please see my more complete postings from 6:06 and 6:08 on 13 April. In short, subsequent SPOT imagery shows there is not an antenna there, and no evidence of a fenced in structure. In fact, currently there is the Emu Downs Wind Farm on this site, with Wind Turbine towers located not far from this object.

I found where it used to be through spotmaps:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d6ce814f34f.png[/atsimg]

So your claim that there is no evidence of a fenced area is wrong, as you can see the shape is still there.

And your assessment of a cattle watering hole is not merited. What NIIRs rating do you believe this image is? The GSD is simply not there for your conclusions. My bet would be that a cattle watering hole is much much larger, as the rancher would probably want to let more than one cow at a time, have a drink.

Your bet is wrong, have a look around the area and you will see similar holes with similar tracks leading to them, all they are, are small, shallow concrete wells. Half a dozen cows could drink from it at the same time easily.

So in summary, what we see on google earth is an old aerial with a fence around it and I'll add that it may be an old windmill too. Couple that with a reasonably up to date image from spotmaps showing the same triangle and we can now remove any theory that it was an upside down flying triangle.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join