It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Weirdness on Google Earth

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Here is another image. It's not exactly a SAM site. It's also not as creative in deisgn as the

others.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
He believes in aliens. I call them something different.

And what do you call them...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

nice thread dude

the floating car ... im not buying thats 2 cars next to each other .. not for a second!.

when i look at the carpark, i can see a few black cars, also it looks like quite a nice day, and the black cars are clearly reflecting light.

now.. the "black car" next to the floating car just doesnt add up, for a start its not reflecting any light at all for some reason, even though every other car their is clearly reflecting light, also, the "black car" is alot smaller than the other cars.

im not buying its just a parked black car as it would at least reflect a bit of light, unless the car next to it was so much bigger that it blocked out all the light, and i dont think that would have happened. im not sold its a floating car, more likely something casting a shadow ... although the floating objects shape deffinitelly matches every other car parked their.

:Edited for lolz ..

if it is 2 cars, looks like google earth captured a drug deal lol. thats some random parking in that size of area!

[edit on 13-4-2009 by boaby_phet]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Great string for anomalous pictures on Google Earth. Some of the photos seem to be strong evidence that something unusual is going on, while others may be explained. Before I go any further let me just say that I believe the longer that Google Earth (and similar companies) is around, the more frequent and of greater significance will be the discovery of such ‘anomalies’. Those that would attempt to suppress such imaging anomalies simply won’t be able to keep up.

Okay, so I can definitely comment of two of the images with some authority.

First, on the image of the six pointed ‘star of David’ in the desert. There is no mystery here. This is an Air Defense Weapons site. Due to the poor quality of the image, it is impossible for me to say exactly which type Air Defense System it is; yet the pattern and number of weapon revetments sites along with the centralized weapons control site (also in a revetment) is classic. A telltale layout for any military image analyst. Note also that this location is on the infamous Groom Lake Weapons Test Range (Area 51). It is probably used to help assess various aircraft vulnerabilities to Air Defense sites, or even perhaps to test an Air Defense site’s vulnerability to aircraft weapons. Please note what looks like a half dozen impact craters about 1200 feet directly south-east from the central part of the Air Defense site (the image of this was posted by wonderworld at 4:38).

Second, the image of the ‘Black Triangle’ in Australia is the most intriguing image on Google Earth I have yet seen. Skeptics’ attempts to attribute this image to a part of the Emu Downs Wind Farm simply don’t hold up. This includes the external source quoted by Evilbat, where the writer says it’s an antenna. My argument follows.

Note that the Wikipedia entry cited for Emu Downs states "the project was commissioned in October 2006". Now note that the Google Earth imagery date on which this triangle appears is “March 8, 2004”.

I don’t know about some of you, but it strikes me as strange that components of a wind farm would be built 2 ½ years BEFORE it’s commissioned. Especially something like an antenna (if a wind farm even needs one). Don’t agree with me? Okay, that’s fine; but then read on the Emu Downs web page where it says “was built in 2006 at a cost of $180 million”; link: www.visitpinnaclescountry.com.au... Besides that, the September 2005 Emu Downs Project newsletter (18 months after the Google image) states ”The Emu Downs Wind Farm will commence construction next month”. So I believe that means that whatever the triangle is, it is NOT part of the Wind Farm. They hadn’t started building it yet.

So that brings us to the alleged ‘eye-witness’ statement from some Aussie astronomer quoted earlier by Evilbat (which link cited is only a third-party hearsay excerpt from a supposed email). But let us assume for a moment the statement is honest, and accurate. Since the writer says “We couldn't get close enough to see the base because the roads were blocked with gates and it is rolling hills”, we may reasonably assume that he was observing the antenna from a distance. If so, it is at least as plausible as the existence of the email itself, that the observer was mistaken as to whether the object he was observing and reporting on, was in fact the triangle in the image. In other words, he may be mistaken.

See more in next post.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Continuation of last post:

In fact, when comparing this Google Earth image and subsequent images, it is apparent there is nothing tangible on the spot where this triangle appears. What subsequent images ask you? Well among some others, I would suggest checking out the SPOT image dated 4 January 2009. On this image you can clearly see the Wind Turban towers scattered around the area. In fact there is a tower located about 350 feet due west of the area where the triangle would be, and another located about 600 feet to the east. And interestingly there appears to be a radio tower with some sort of triangular base support, located 2300 feet away at 74.33 degrees from the triangle site (at 303032.51S 1152321.17E). Perhaps that is the antenna mentioned in the Aussie eye-witness email.

However, on the SPOT image, it does appear that there is some sort of disturbance on the ground in a well faded triangle shape at the location of the triangle imaged. What is it? Don’t know. But I can clearly see that the only thing it has in common with the triangle in the image is the shape and inclination on the image. No antenna tower, no guy lines, no bright reflective things at the corners.

So from this I hope that everyone takes two things. First, that the Black Triangle image remains unanswered. It will remain so probably until someone goes to that site - and physically takes a GPS reading at the same site registered in Google Earth image - and then looks around and tells us what is in the immediate area. Second, Google Earth, along with other satellite image sites, do not update their image baselines continuously. They don’t have their own imaging satellites, and must pay for these images from companies that do like SPOT, LANDSAT, EOSAT, etc. As a result, images in Google may be there for years and years until Google purchases more current images. Keep this in mind when trying to ascertain the date of occurrences, and the construction of timelines.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by StrangeyD

Well yes you should, not only to learn proper grammar but to attend a etiquette class of some sort.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

I believe I know what this is. Its the remnants of an underground nuclear test site. Its also within the confines of the Nellis Test Range, which did nuclear tests in the 1950s..... Now that would add excitement to your Vegas trip, eh?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

You do not believe that is a black car parked next to a white car, when it clearly is.
Your argument of it the car is smaller then other cars is quite odd, you see cars come in many different shapes, also the simple fact the car is not reflecting any light is also an atrocious statement. For you see this could simply be a convertible with its roof down which as you have noted because its a nice day. Now tell me, you do not think these cars would park here? Why?
Maybe it's the owner of that piece of lands cars or something similar.

It is clearly an optical illusion of two cars parked next to each other, one black, one white.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

That one is an underground bomb site. I'll see if I have more. This one is also in Nevada.

If you fly around the area you can see roads ending at a mountain. They bomb the hole to block the enemy inside. I'll try to that image.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sashromi

Nice posts there. Sounds like you know what you're talking about.

I didn't realize there is the possibility of some sort of cover-up regarding the triangle.

This much time passing before something is investigated would easily allow for its disappearance.

What do you make of the Mars images?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Nellis Air Force Base Industrial complex and Airfield, near Area 51

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet

nice thread dude

the floating car ... im not buying thats 2 cars next to each other .. not for a second!.

Until we get a more close-up picture posted we cant even be sure its a car at all. All I can see is a hovering object casting a shadow.

The earlier "Debunker" failed to post that close-up...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
OOPS I forgot to attach the Airfield.

Can you see the roads leading to the mountain?

The previous one you asked about that looked like an raised circle was underground ATOMIC bomb site.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
www.boingboing.net...

omg so sad and sick

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

Im still trying to figure out what exactly you're trying to show me with the area51 stuff...

Previously you said "You dont call them aliens, you call them something else"...what do you call them?

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by boaby_phet

nice thread dude

Until we get a more close-up picture posted we cant even be sure its a car at all. All I can see is a hovering object casting a shadow.

The earlier "Debunker" failed to post that close-up...

If all you can see is a hovering object then maybe you should alert the media of your discovery, hey look you found the "smoking gun" without even trying, enjoy.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Detrol

Why are some of you guys so hell-bent on proving that its not a flying object?

Lets wait and see what the close-up says

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

A reminder...

Please keep responses focused on the topic of discussion, as opposed to individual perceptions of fellow member's character or person.

Thank you.

» Aliens and UFOs » High Weirdness on Google Earth » Post Reply

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Detrol

I agree.

I would also think if the car was floating, that the shadow should be bigger than that anyway right?

There is also another all black car in the car park as proof in a way that it's possible to look all black in that picture quality.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join