It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 243
<< 240  241  242    244  245  246 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Not a problem I just wasn't sure if I was holding things up.
Also I hope the picture shows the thing is less a spider (as Chumley seems to think) and more a octopus like Dark Lord minion thing.

Also, I've had this CindyMar's post to put up but i just haven't gotten a 'go' for it yet.

Hope you're not too busy!

And BIAD, I'm still confused but, that's ok. About BIAD I mean...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I keep dropping off into dream sequences just to show the reader alternate timelines
that we may or may not jump into in the future, hope I didn't confuse things!
Spiders... spiders, an intricate web awaits -no doubt!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So, Neno stepped out of character a bit - but - at least he can blame it on that poison bubbling up out of his system (in more ways than one)...

I'm getting the feeling this big Spidery thing? It might not necessarily be a 'bad' arachnid...

And Adam? WOW! What a change of events that is! :O :O :O

R.I.P Columbo

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

You know, until you said "RIP Columbo", I'd forgotten that Peter Falk had recently died. That's just how subtle BIAD is with this web he weaves - or, alternatively, it could be an indication of just how slow I am!

Personally, when I'm going to do battle with spiders, my preferred weapon is a can of hair spray and a cigarette lighter if I stop to arm myself. Here we are, neno freaking out, a giant, bony spider incoming, and he's just killed the only "flamethrower" in 40 light years!

That "karma" thing? She's a bitch!

Iffen you don't want that "spider" sliced and diced, I'd either keep neno away from his new best sword, or keep his new best sword away from him! If he makes even a wee bit of a connection in his mind that there's a giant spider incoming, and a giant sword nearby, he'll redefine the meaning of "berserker"!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Tut-tut... a catcher of flies and bugs and all you want to do is make
it into salami!
Well, I had a choice... it wouldn't make sense to have the trapped
people nearby, the Cul and his sister-dog (that makes my head hurt
-by the way!) would've led us there instead of the Dragoin's cavern.
Soooo... I thought a cab-ride was out of the question and whistled us
up another form of transport.
The interesting part will be what lies ahead... traps? a horde of grateful
Culs? The Dark Lord or maybe Cotton Candy for BIAD?

What will the next episode bring?!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Interesting means of communication! It's sufficiently... foreign... the qualify as completely alien! Good thing BIAD is there to translate, 'cause neno couldn't make heads or tails of it!

Prioritization of the goals mentioned may be in order. For instance, it makes better sense to free the Culs first, before taking on the Dark Lord (I'm thinking a backup army here...), and finding the splitter before going after the Big Guy is a must, I would think.

Understandably, every one there has their own goals, and prioritizes according to them, but done in the wrong order, it could be a disaster!

edit on 2011/7/18 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I'm psyched over their means of cicommunication - lines from movies, very cool.

On the other hand I'm thinking Mucklebones may have been right before her re-write, that they DO mean the group harm, just will not attack them (Makes me think the Dark Dude wants them alive). Andddd it could go along with the cocoons on the Yydryl... You know, all spidey like. ???

I was wondering if it could be like the story of the mouse who wanted to cross the stream. A scorpion offers Miss Mousy a ride. No go says mistress mouse. Finally the scorpion convinces the mouse to go ahead and climb on. Reaching the other side the scorpion stings the mouse. With the mouse's last breath she asks 'Why'? 'Because I'm a scorpion - it's what I do. The scorpion replied before setting into a nice meal. ???

edit on 19-7-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I think we should have the Culs released first, then the 'baggage' of our quest
will lessen and it sets us up for a great encounter with The Dark Lord.
There's the interesting back-story of what Y meant when he thought about his
father's dilemma... you're gonna have to fill that one out!

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Sure, let's get to the Culls. In fact I think they're 'helping' Silo and Chumley at the moment...

As for the 'back story' - Y'Lrang's father (the king at the time) and his involvement with the Dark Lord? I'm not sure why he allowed himself to be manipulated for the Dark Lord's benefit - but - I'm sure he'll 'tell us' soon.

We do know the brother and sister's mother died in child-bed

The new 'wife'? Someone who was romantically involved with Y'Lrang until she realized Y'Lrangs father was going to stay in power. If Y had not turned against his father and the Dark Lord he would have 'joined' with her. When he did stand up for what was 'right' - loosing the throne? She turned her - errr - attentions to the father.

I've not 'seen' much more than that for now - but - I do feel Y's sister Y'lwren's (Wren) 'condition' is due to a hate-on by the new step-mother/once fiance.

edit on 20-7-2011 by silo13 because: boo

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Sorry! I accidentally hit 'reply' and have no more time to edit. I'll be back later in case there are some horrid mistakes!

peace

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Sorry! I accidentally hit 'reply' and have no more time to edit. I'll be back later in case there are some horrid mistakes!

peace

I see... you're talking to yourself again.
Well, with everything Silo13 has been through, it was
only a matter of time before she would start reacting like
BIAD!

Edit:
Here's an update of Silo in the tunnels.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a2d13efaa181.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 20-7-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

'Oh Baby Oh Baby!'

Yeah, that would work...(for the Cul especially...)

At the moment if you...well...crossed her legs and make them shake like it's 'pee-pee' time it would be about right. She's got all the faith in the world on Chumley, but, she aint in the 'world'!

So many cliffhangers!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Hope everyone's ok - it got awful quiet in here.
Might be a good time to put up that CIndyMar's post just to keep it alive.

Again, I hope you two are ok.

peace

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yep! I'm fine... just ironing out a few things and then I'll get on
with the show!

BIAD-A-BOOM!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yup, I'm fine too. I turned 50 a day or two ago, and celebrated by walking the 14 miles to work, in the dark, without a flashlight, just to see if I still could. It was as hot as the hinges of hell, but at least the sun wasn't beating down on me. Still 81 degrees F when I got there at around 5am, and was probably in the upper 90's when I set out. The day's high was around 100 deg F.

I'm still recuperating, but learned a few things, and re-learned a few more. Made it, though - every single step. Took me about 6 hours or so, which is pitiful. It shouldn't have taken more than about 3 1/2 hours. Did that, worked a 12 hour shift, then came home and fell slap asleep in a tub of really hot water, soaking my poor old abused legs instead of hopping on the internet. Stayed that way until the water got cold enough to wake me up.

Determination and tenacity will still carry you through when everything else screams, hurts, and wants to just lay down and stop. Some things never change.

I really need to get more exercise than I currently do, though. Being more used to it, like I used to be, would have made it a whole lot easier!

edit on 2011/7/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Ah! a youngster indeed! I've got 51 notches under my belt and feel safe in the knowledge
that my country's weather will always be wet and cool-to-cold.
Street lighting also assists BIAD's wrinkly-legged gait as he ambles off to bake some
pastries and rolls for the early-risers.

I was once fit... I was once a King, a well-muscled Gunslinger that turned many a
girl's head. Now I lay in bed at 8.00pm and wonder where my hair has gone.

Time... I wish I could have a chat with Tibbs sometimes.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Happy Birthday you! I'd offer to give you 50 spanks, but...those days are gone...right...

Determination and tenacity will still carry you through when everything else screams, hurts, and wants to just lay down and stop.

That's for sure. I've been finding that out lately using the chainsaw. Oh my. Tenacity is a must.

And for Neno? If he takes a bender off the cliff side I can only imagine he'll be needing your resources too.

Auguri for your birthday, and a hundred more.

peace to you in your heart, your soul and ever after
gracie

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

BIAD-A-BOOM!

Glad you and your wrinkly self is all good and pastry making... I get worried when I don't hear... Just call me mother hen.

And BIAD? I still want to hear about that shoe? I can't wait to hear where it will sneak up to save the day again!!!

And that tune for Neno - right on over to you too...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Silo -

have you got plans for the lady and the zombies, or can neno have 'em to play with?

After he gets his "eight legged hoss" (Sleipnir, anyone?) under control, that is...

Neno LIVES for the Zombie Apocalypse!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Use away! I try to leave the story open for one of you to step in and take it away so don't mind me just go with it.

I wasn't sure when Y'lrang's new step mother (ex love interest) was going to show up - but - there she is. And where she's taking Silo and Chumley I have no idea. It's also unclear to me if she's going to be friend of foe.

I had visions of Neno taking a plunge from the caverns above and landing at her feet. There's that Serendipity again - but who knows? None of that ever really cemented.

Have fun!

new topics

top topics

<< 240  241  242    244  245  246 >>

join