It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 245
<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

I knew it was only a matter of time before I tripped a wire and the Vandal would step up, wring his
hands in readiness and say "He's a King, huh... now let me show him how to act like one!"

I kinda LIKE that! I think I'll have it tattooed across my... back, right up at shoulder level!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

That's a great idea, the huge scar from the Dragon encounter will
REALLY underline the quote!

Edit: Time for another 'Avi' change -methinks!

edit on 4-8-2011 by A boy in a dress because: No curtain in Edit Room!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Well, well, well... You tied 'that there story line up' like a new pair a sneakers with bow on top.

Very cool...

I also really enjoy the reference to Jules V. In fact, I like it so much I'm going to check out some quotes from his works. I seem to remember the 'Germins' speaking in 'movie mode' and since they're still about (I reckon) and doing whatever they do when they're not playing pack mule? Maybe we can learn something from them? E'Specially that one Neno was riding...

Something to think about 'wink'...

BIAD - datz hypnotizin'!
edit on 4-8-2011 by silo13 because: two - four - no two - no four

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

I seem to remember the 'Germins' speaking in 'movie mode' and since they're still about (I reckon) and doing whatever they do when they're not playing pack mule? Maybe we can learn something from them? E'Specially that one Neno was riding...

The last thing that one said to neno was "Good evening, Dave. I'm completely operational and all my circuits are functioning perfectly", which BIAD translated as "are you sure you don't want a ride?" As neno was dashing off to capture the Zombie Army that surrounded him. It wasn't reported in the story, of course, since it had no real bearing on the event at hand,

Speaking of that zombie encounter, it reminds me of an old story of a sergeant whose squad was surrounded by a whole battalion of the enemy, and when he found that out, he grinned and said "Good! I've got 'em just where I want 'em!" Evidently he felt like he had THEM surrounded, but from the inside instead of the outside!

edit on 2011/8/5 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Absolutely spooky cool stunning fascinating how many of these quotes fit! And in more ways than one!

For BIAD:

"Science, my lad, is made up of mistakes, but they are mistakes which it is useful to make, because they lead little by little to the truth."

Sslar:

"I believe cats to be spirits come to earth. A cat, I am sure, could walk on a cloud without coming through."

Quorra explaining the 'Valley':

"Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real."

For Y'lrang, Quorra, Silo:

"Reality provides us with facts so romantic that imagination itself could add nothing to them."

Neno:

"It was obvious that the matter had to be settled, and evasions were distasteful to me."

Jules Verne Quotes

Happy Sunday All!
edit on 7-8-2011 by silo13 because: fix link

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ok sooooo, in this literary dance did I step on some toes?
It's been awful quiet around here lately.

This is where I seem to always add in it's time to post that CindyMars post - but never seem to get around to doing it. So maybe now it's time...

Hope all is well with you both,

peace

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

No toes stepped on that I know of. I've been arguing politics and fighting a young war, and BIAD has probably been putting out riot fires, so we've just had a busy spell is all.

By all means, use the lull to advantage to post the Cim post!

BTW, I was in my "office" at work the other day (actually it's more like my own building to work out of - I think every one else is a little scared of me, and pretty much stay in the main office), and saw Etna putting on a heck of a show on TV. It was this past Saturday I think. it must be an awe inspiring sight up close and in person!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Good to know all toes are intact...

Yeah, Etna put on a huge show. Pretty amazing. And a pain in the patootey!

I'll get on that CindyMars post and probably check in on the YYdryl as poor Deson has been getting his stuffing eaten out for weeks now with no update.

*Wink*

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It just seems I have less-and-less time to write these days, but I have
devised a cunning plan that gives me some of that time back!
Sorry for being away from the crazy saga, but something is telling
me we better get back on the trail.

Neno -do you want Muckles to be a 'double-agent'?
Silo- will you get to keep your beau?

Intriguing times indeed!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I'm not quite sure how the whole double-agent thing works.. I wouldn't want to have to kill Muckles - that would be a gaesa to me. Now, if you mean that the Dark Lord sent her on a mission to spy on US, and due to her distaste for the Dark Lord, as evidenced in your latest post, she decided to throw in with us instead, I can see how she might be useful to feed the Dark One false information to our advantage. I never much trusted agents that had been doubled, because you just never know when they might get doubled back again, on YOU. It depends on the motivation that doubles them. I've found mere money to be a poor motivator, since their "other boss" might give them a raise and set you back on square one, but an abject hatred, skillfully employed, usually works charms.

Other notes: Cim's "coon" cat - would that be a Maine Coon? I've had 3 of them, and still have two. Beautiful cats (to my way of thinking - mine are camouflaged like Sslar, but with black and gray stripes rather than black and green), but I'll tell ya right now, they brook no dissent, and fear nothing. Mine will walk past my German Shepherds, who act like they're going to eat the cats up, and will sit right down and stare those big dogs down, with an expression that says "I'm ready whenever you are, Buck. Have at it, and may the toughest win." They will back down or run from nothing.

Q's pronouncement that she and the king will be "immortal": neno is thinking "this chick is nuts! What part of 'the end of the universe' is just not sinking in? How does immortality factor in when there is nowhere to BE immortal? She just ain't using her logic circuits." More than likely what he'd say to her is something like "OK, you heard the stories. I beat the hell out of Death and won, and even I am not immortal. How you gonna top that?"

I'm batting around an idea for a post to play off of that one where Muckles tells her something like "yer on the wrong side, lassie. the 'ere is the Neo. You've already heard the stories - he's to save the universe, an' how can ye even imagine more power than that?"

Of course, neno then would have one of those "gee thanks, Muckles. I really needed you to sic her on me again!" moments over that. Muckles would have a method to her madness, of course - Q seems the type to back winners, and so she would only have to be convinced that our side is predestined to be the winning side in order to turn on the Dark Lord, and divide his camp.

Spy games. Court intrigues. neno just don't get it - he's more of a direct action kinda guy, so he needs folks who can ferret out the intrigues for him.

Yeah, it's rough. I'm still trying to smoothe it out in my head.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Hi You
Nice to see you back.

No, Silo will not be able to keep her man - regardless of what happens to Y'lrang. That Culs is just too dedicated to his people, his sister, and tragically his hate for Q only proves his love for her. As we all know the opposite of love is not hate, but indifference. Whatever happens there I think though it's only fare Q does get to explain herself, that she did in fact go to him while he was drugged - to spill her heart, etc. In the past he would have believed her - now? Does it matter? I don't know I'm leaving that up to 'them' to tell me, lol.

Question for you both Carpet's still in that rag wrapped around Dag's hair (is that where we left him?) - Anyway. Carpet is a Milli-Being, trillions (What comes after trillions) of cells all separate but all one.

Here comes the question. How possible, plausible, or how believable could we make it that Carpet 'falls'.
Into Adam's body.
He falls - like an angel falls to earth kind of ride (Did you see City of Angels) - and gives up his Milli-Being status to 'move into' a body, that will die? When/if he makes the supreme sacrifice to do 'it' because no matter how many he might have now - he's not endless and those gazzilions of cells at one point will run out if he moves into Adam's body.
And it might not be a sacrifice or even his choice - he might have no choice. He get's 'left behind' with Adam's body and it's 'jump' into Adam or be lost forever from our the rest...

??? Need some feedback on that one - you see where I'm headed with it but not sure I want to go there without a powow.

Thanks - Have a good Monday.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

If I remember correctly CindyMars actually has a MCC also. She brought that one into the Opera and though hers is not named Squatch I think it's still based on her cat.

Quick Yydryl update... She's feeling the effects of the zombie-fication.

All the past participants (other than Whisper) are either on the Yydryl and zombie-fied, or dead already like Deson.

All I'm aiming to do now is to get Ernie christened and set the stage for whatever happens next and make sure we get everything from the past and characters tied up.

peace

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

(What comes after trillions)

Quadrillions. Can't recall what the "five-illions" are called (pentillions maybe?), but after them comes sextillions, then septillitons, then octillions, then nonillions, then Really Big Numbers.

Here comes the question. How possible, plausible, or how believable could we make it that Carpet 'falls'.
Into Adam's body.

based on your description of Carpet, I think it would work somewhat like an "infection", billions of cells invading a host body.

The question for me is then would Adam have Carpet's memories? in other words, would Adam know that Carpet and Swarg and Silo all combined to produce neno - kind of gives a new meaning to the exobiological notion of trisexual reproduction...

Would that merger between Carpet and Adam mean that, since the two are now essentially one, Adam is neno's pappy? And would Adam know that if the answer is yes?

It has the potential for some interesting character interplay, and unforseen conflict/relief.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Quick Yydryl update... She's feeling the effects of the zombie-fication.

All the past participants (other than Whisper) are either on the Yydryl and zombie-fied, or dead already like Deson.

Ooh! Ooh! Zombies! neno want shotgun! He's not quite willing to cut his hand off and replace it with a chainsaw... but he's never happier than when splattering zombie brains with a 12 gauge!

Happiness is a shotgun in Zombietown!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I'll make sure they're some zombies left for ol Neno. Between now and then Ernie's tapping me on the shoulder wondering if Ship will allow him to step into Deson's spot as Ship's amrour. I've a feeling Ernie's going to give some of the new tech weapons some archaic/revisited looks - like new types a shotguns. I can just hear Neno exclaiming 'Is that what I think it is?' Then you can go on to describe your fantasy shotgun. And there's no rush, I'm sure Ernie, the Yydryl and CIndyMars (and the zombs) can wait until we're through with the Dark Lord. I'm just using down time to keep that end rolling.

Beyond that I think Adam's not going to come back at all. What's him, is gone - sadly. But it would mean Carpet's going to be a 'man' finally - something he'd never have admitted to, but, is still there.

Your help with the hows and means to go about doing it works great. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Ok there ya go. The stage is set for the reanimation of Adam - but - will it happen now? Later? Will it happen when Adam/Carpet can come to 'save the day' when for all others all hope is lost? LOL... I don't know.

What I'm wondering is is Death and Carpet are going to have a talk before he 're-animates' Adam's flesh. Or, maybe Carpet and Margo will speak again???

Either way or not at all I'm not stuck on being the one to write it, feel free if either of you two want to pick that one up.

Back to the zombies for me!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Beyond that I think Adam's not going to come back at all.
What's him, is gone - sadly. But it would mean Carpet's going to be a 'man' finally -
something he'd never have admitted to, but, is still there...

Oh...now-now, I'm sure there's things in this forest that can assist in bringing Adam/Carpet
back to living. Afterall, that darned moth actually spoke to BIAD!

Lets see if we can give it some credibility......

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Wow... Wow wow wow... So Carpet is breathing!
Unreal that. I wondered long ago if Carpet would ever 'be real' in that sense and now he is.

So, he's breathing, he's in his shroud and it's time to get out.

Question though - how do you think the Adam/Carpet thing is going to pan out? I mean, is Carpet reanimating the body and Adam is still there?

I suppose if that's so we could have Margo talk him back into his body???

Or, is it just Carpet?

If it's Adam and Carpet - I suppose that would mean Carpet could eventually get back to the Yydryl where he belongs - leaving Adam for Dag?

Awwww, that would be nice - and I so didn't see or feel it coming! How cool is that.

Please lemme know what you think!

On a side note that would make Carpet into a bit of a 'resurrector'... Now that's interesting. If you think about it in the whole scheme of Carpet being part Nenos papa? 'Mind cramp*!

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Now that's interesting. If you think about it in the whole scheme of Carpet
being part Nenos papa? 'Mind cramp*!

Yes it's true, I now have a Mind cramp!

I think we may go along the lines of Adam's body -but Carpet's spirit... the
Boat-Cloth-come-time-traveller may have access to Adam's immediate memories,
but as the story unfolds, we may see that 'Adam' has been banging about for a
very long time!
It may be that Death had to settle for second-best when he sought a 'soul-bringer'
(That'll make Neno's chest puff out!)

I'm just wondering how Dag will take it.

Edit: It may be about time Neno got himself a fight, the poor guy mustn't go without
too long!
edit on 16-8-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I found this under BIAD's pillow... very worrying -methinks!

new topics

top topics

<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join