It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 242
<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

I've really got to get into that program. It's so amazing to see the characters come to life. I can't wait to see one you do of Neno - full on - though his backside isn't bad to look at at all.

I've still got that CindyMars post to get up - but - for one reason or another it's stalling.

I do have something for Chumley though so I'll get to that...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

edit on 2011/7/9 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

Gulp! that's quite an Amazonian you got there!
I sort of see Silo as a peaceful-type with a buried temper and courage, this chick
looks like she'd take you out at the knees and turn away without another thought!

BIAD is sitting in the corner sucking his thumb... it'll be an hour before he'll understand
that it's a mere rendering.
"Come on BIAD..." (said in quiet tones)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm working intermittently on neno and BIAD as well. I've been trying to "sculpt" characters from life for a while now, with mixed results. Some can be gotten pretty dang close, and others just won't quite gel, because of some of the limitations of what CAN be re-shaped in Daz, and how that shaping works. Since I'm not able to make my own custom "morph targets", I'm limited to the ones that are available.

The neno character I have a couple of different bodies for, one based on the "M4" Daz character (that was the one in the dragon slaying picture), and one worked up out of the "Apollo Maximus" character. Haven't really started on the face yet, so I don't know which one will get closer to "reality" (if such a word can be bandied about in a work of Science Fiction!), but the Apollo Maximus body has more options for finer tuning in the body.

The BIAD Character has been a pill. That "Cheshire Cat" smile just won't happen for me, and the little red dress, well, it doesn't want to stay put, which can be a problem...

The Silo shown here is armed to the teeth, but the Silo in the Space Opera DOES have a penchant for knives and sharp things, and ... abrupt activity... doesn't she? Right now, I'm more concerned with getting the character right, and I'll worry more about equipment after I get that thrashed out. The gun on this version, as well as the knife strapped to her lower leg, are the same ones neno had in the dragon picture.

I dunno how she talked him out of them...

the clothes are just there for purposes of illustration, and because I couldn't find the ones I was looking for in any sort of hurry. They keep Silo from being posted as mere cheesecake in a purple bikini..

The setting is a console from a futuristic city, which I think is one of the free promotional downloads from Daz right now (called the "Dystopia Console Station"), until the end of this month. It seemed appropriate, and kept the scene from being TOO empty.

I'm still out here in the brush, and the mobile satcom uplink still appears to be working...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The BIAD Character has been a pill. That "Cheshire Cat" smile just won't happen for me,
and the little red dress, well, it doesn't want to stay put, which can be a problem...

Oh, I understand perfectly! The BIAD image isn't something meant to be created via
a computer. In the 13th Century, some Spanish monks found a couple of forgotten scrolls
among the monastry's literature that indicated a long-dead hermit who lived nearby had
seen the Man/girl in a dream.
This loner wrote that the hermaphrodite must be a diabolical demon that ate souls of the
unbelievers and he went has far as to draw an image of his hallucination.

Paintings and drawings seem to work fine, the artist can visualise and use his limbs
to portray Boy In A Dress, it seems electronics struggle to show the monstrosity!

It may be time to see if I can 'knock-up' an image of my version of Nenothtu... a man
with an attitude!
edit on 10-7-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I caved in to the fear.

Reworked Silo's body, face, clothes... pretty much everything.

Are any of these less scary?

Took away her cloak, gunbelt, and gun, but left her knife. Ever since I can recall Silo, she's had something sharp and pointy close to hand, and I just couldn't take that away....

Gave her hiking boots - thought they were more practical than the platform shoes, but, going by the rest of the outfit, maybe "practical" really isn't a factor...

Tried to keep the body fairly close to the last near full length picture Silo posted... also in order to try to match that picture, I changed the doo to the one I couldn't make work (I forced it at gunpoint), and added some jewelry geegaws.

edit on 2011/7/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well, I looked at them again a couple of times, and they still scared me. I'll need a night light tonight over it, probably. Tried to work some more on Silo's face to make it look less like a witch (which is what I decided the problem was with it), but without entirely accomplishing that. I'll have to make it "younger", and less bony. That might help.

In the mean time, here's what I've got done with BIAD, and what little I got done to Silo, all in front of the same control console:

I've got some dandy spike heels to put on BIAD, but can't make 'em fit yet without jumping through hoops. I'll get there... persistence pays!

Edit to add one more of the progress on BIAD:

edit on 2011/7/10 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Good Gosh!

He's quite... er, 'hefty' I presume the word would be.
Please lose the nose, BIAD has no nose and no eyes... Dr. Shaw always
puzzled about that.
But apart from that... he/she is... good gosh, hefty is this word!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

I had to "bulk him up" to make the dress fit...

Will do on the requested modifications, and I'll see if I can find a more... slimming.... dress to put on him...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Wow - ok so you're convincing me more and more I've got to get into DAZ! That second one of BIAD is great. And yeah, I agree, leave off the witch in Silo's face, lol.

Amazing stuff and coming from someone who understand the time you can put into projects - I bet you've spent loads a time on those! Wow.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
The latest incarnation of the Dynamic Duo:

Got Silo to look "younger", but she still needs a lot of work, and I'm not ye sure where I'm going wrong, only that I AM going wrong! Every change affects the overall appearance, which affects the appearance of the other changes, which then have to be changed themselves. wash, rinse, repeat.

One face I worked on last year took 5 days just to get the face close to right, and the body is STILL under construction!

Had to hide BIAD's nose end in his upper lip, which is the reason for that black crease there - it's NOT a moustache. Still working there, too, but in the end it may require post production erasures and manipulations. His eyes have been minimized to the point that they look like a camel's nostrils way up on his forehead, under those all important bangs, and so for all practical purposes are gone.

Here's a full resolution view of his face, so you can see the details I'm talking about:

edit on 2011/7/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

JEEEEEEZZZZZ! It's BIAD!
When Proffessor Shaw watched the young hermaphrodite spill out of the glass
tank and slopping around on the Corona-based Laboratory, he described what
BIAD looked like taking his first breath on Earth.

That abomination above is just as he said... "a strange convulsion of Native
American, Rock-chick and a 'Gonk' toy"
Shaw even considered firing the place with gasoline!

Wow, that's too close, Neno!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Thanks! Now to get back to work sorting Silo out, and neno. I've put neno on the back-burner until I can get Silo situated right.

and of course, I'm still looking for that "slimming" attire for BIAD...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Body is fine - and yes I recognize you've spent a really incredible amount of time on this!

So the face? The changes are coming along great. I wish I could help!

WOW BIAD'S upper half is incredible. I'm envious and scared all at once. Eeek~ I sound like a adolescent male, lol. And the face! Incredible stuff that! Complimenti!

THANK YOU for the work!

edit on 12-7-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I know what you mean... Boy In A Dress is seen by many as a monster, a fault in
time and space.
Many-many years ago, when BIAD first showed up, his size as he was growing
was similar to Neno's rendering and then started to fall off as he reached his
maturity.
Dr. Shaw always said he was big for his age!
I can't recall if you've seen this site:
George Westwood's account...

edit on 12-7-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Thank you for the link. I'm - a bit speechless. I didn't know this was all, well, please forgive me for saying it so raw, but, I didn't realize this was all sooo for real.

My eyes are popping out of my head.

This will go far to help me understand and flesh out BIAD in the future.

Thank you

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes indeed... BIAD's early years.
There is still some literature surfacing from time-to-time about the experiments
at Fort Hood. A friend of mine actually met the Janitor who befriended Boy In A
Dress, the description Jenkins gave my friend of the Man/girl is unervingly similar
to Neno's rendering.
The hair... it's the hair that's exactly has Jenkins said.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
So I rendered an adolescent BIAD? I feel like a dirty old man now....

The BIAD Background pages are goin to come in useful, and look like they took a great bit of effort to flesh out the background. I realize there's more to it (some things have been revealed in the story that haven't found their way there yet), and am looking forward to the further adventures of BIAD!

===================================================

Spiders.

I HATE spiders. I don't even think when I see one, I just react and kill it by any means possible. My dear old dad was the same way. I've seen him just shoot his hand out and mash 'em with his thumb, not even thinking long enough to find a "weapon". Maybe it's genetic.

Earlier in the story, neno told Margot that he was scared of spiders in response to her queries about Death, and whether or not there was anything he feared.

It's gonna be a wild ride seeing how he "handles" giant, bony spiders....

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Cheers Neno for the comments, that site is an odd one and I think the
guy who was investigating Dr. Shaw and his creation (there's still some
debate that Shaw MEANT to make BIAD)... well, it seems he died awhile
back and his son had come across a file about the Man/girl.

Corona -New Mexico is where BIAD turned up and I suppose it's only
fitting after all, what with the bomb and everything!
I'll see if I can 'goad' the son to put some more pages on the site.

Spiders don't bother me, although my better-half hates 'em with a vengence
(or maybe we should say 'with a Neno'!)
I grab them and put them outside with strict instructions to hunt down flies
as a 'thank you'
One time in Houston -Texas, My wife casually mentioned that there was a
spider near the Motel-room bed and so I ambled over to grab and the usual.
The damned thing was as big has my hand! When I finally threw a towel over
it and dropped it onto the Motel balcony, the impression I got was that this
huge beastie just shrugged and clambered away to seek better company!

Here in the UK, the eight-legged things ain't so big!
(On the same matter, I know BIAD would've eaten it if he'd been with us!)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Let me know if you two are waiting for me to do something with the Spiders. I've been waiting for you'all to chime in, lol.

As for BIAD and that website. I can't wrap my head around it.

peace

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm a bit backed-up with work and stuff, but my head is quietly mulling over
an episode.
I've asked BIAD about the information that is on the site and he seems reluctant
to talk about it. He did admit that he was on the USS Eldridge and that he was
searching for Cotton-Candy!

Whether or not he spoke to Jimmy Carter or not is unknown, he's busy mending
his stiletto shoe!

new topics

top topics

<< 239  240  241    243  244  245 >>

join