It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Space Opera Working Thread

page: 246
<< 243  244  245    247  248  249 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Won't he be upset if he finds you've been going through his stuff?

Unload that weapon and put it back before he discovers it's gone!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

*BIAD sighs and that bottom lip juts forward*
Yessir... I understand the responsibilities and I may have
cracked a nail.

edit on 20-8-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I 'saw' Adam in a dream last night.
His nose was falling off - Carpet not able to replicate his cells fast enough to conquer the effects of biological death - loosing the tips of fingers, nose, etc.
Adam? I dunno if he's there or not.
Dreaming about the Space Opera. Ouch...

peace

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I'm perpetually on 'double post' lately. Dunno if it's a me glitch or ATS glitch.
All I can say is - Happy Sunday All!

peace

edit on 21-8-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Like a Coy-Dog, I can't stay away too long!
Well, Adam is back up-and-running... what's next...?
The Settlement -methinks.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Glad you're back. I wasn't sure what was going on.
Let's go read the post and see what happens from there!
The settlement you say?
Great.

Have a good one!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I hope the way Adam came back is okay... there's ome memories in there
but hopefully the Standing Stones can help...

Let's see.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Yeah it's great - makes me look forward to the 'rest' of the story...
I'm in hopes to get a post up today.
Then - who knows! I'm a bit lost where everyone is headed - only time (or 'they') will tell.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Today was a 'Double-Hitter' and I can say, I enjoyed writing it!
NOW -the Settlement!

And to end their evening...
Something to tap the foot to...
edit on 25-8-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I've been MIA working on that carboniferous swamp jungle reconstruction, trying to make it as scientifically accurate as possible, and failing miserably. The latest work involves making new plant models for it, and testing them out, trying to get the spacing between plants and the mix of species up to par with what the paleontologists say it was like.

Here's what the little 2 km square looks like from inside the jungle:

and a detail of the center of that one at full resolution:

the plants may be sufficiently alien (hey, they're 300 million years extinct on THIS planet!) to eventually be of some use in the Space Opera, so that I haven't wasted all that time altogether. It started out with just my desire to know what my little corner of the universe looked like back when all these fossils I have found were brand-spankin'-new. I'll eventually get it right.

Loved the most recent additions to the Space Opera. they took me back home for a bit. Sslar rolling around in some lemon-smelling herb was odd. catnip grows wild where I'm from. It's a weed, and all over the place. It's some variety of mint, has a square stem and heart-shaped leaves with tiny "teeth" indentations along the edges. One day, I was out thrashing around way up in the mountain, and in the middle of a mountain meadow i ran across a little plant that looked just like catnip, but it was a lighter green, and a lot smaller. It was around 8' tall, whereas catnip grows up around 3 or 4 feet tall. curious, I tore off a leaf and shredded it to see if it smelled like catnip, and to my surprise it smelled strongly of lemon. that's the only time I ever saw it, either before or since. I don't know what it was, but it must have been pretty rare around there, and it was odd to find it up in the middle of nowhere. so then, a big cat rolling around in a lemon-smelling weed. I imagined it to look like some sort of catnip...

We had enigmatic rock piles there, too. some sort of blue dolomite that were heaped up in the centers of meadows. none of them floated, though. You could occasionally see an odd mist around them - usually in the morning or the evening, or on moonlit nights, but never to my knowledge in broad daylight.

Junipers all over the place. We called them "cedar", but botanists get all bent out of shape when you call 'em that - they insist they are junipers, and that's what one ought to call them. Nice touch to line this particular meadow with them.

Now, a demon whispering "You're tempting me boy..." into neno's ear would've been met with some amount of disdain. To call some one "boy" up there was an open invitation to trouble, and the standard reply started out "Boy? Boy HELL!..." and got colorful from there, sometimes ending in a mashed nose. Hard to swat smoke, though, y'know?

I actually DID hold my breath for just over two minutes under water, but it was something I had to build up to - convince myself over several sessions that I could do it, and wasn't really going to drown...

I particularly liked the way BIAD took charge of them sprites of air and mist, and showed 'em who's boss. That's the way to do it - just step up, grab the bull by the horns, rassle it to the ground, and brook no dissent. It brought a tear to the eye, an odd pain to the ribs, and a strange shortness of breath - that's the usual result of laughing that hard as one rolls around in the floor!

All in all, a rolling read!

Edit to add: looks like we have a hurricane bearing down on us (name is 'Irene', so I'm sure it ain't a himmicane - must be a herricane). Looks like it's taking about the same track that Isabelle took in 2003, so no worries here. I'm a couple hundred miles west of the path of destruction. I went out to the coast after Isabelle to secure some facilities out there while chaos reigned, but I don't anticipate having to go this time. I expect that all I'll see here is a lot of rain and a little wind, and most of that ought to blow through while I'm at work Saturday. Isabelle changed the face of the barrier islands called the "Outer Banks", creating new inlets and erasing others, and I expect that the same may happen again this time.

Still, it's odd, following right in the wake of the earthquake earlier this week. I might ought to head to the hills and consult with the stone-mists to find out what's up...

edit on 2011/8/25 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

You know, it may pay us to begin a gallery for these images, the story can sometimes jump
so far ahead and leave opportunties for these pics to be placed in their coreect setting.
Anyway, they look great Neno.

I thought the 'Boy' comment would 'get-your-goat' as we say here and that's why I had
BIAD jump up and change the situation, it wouldn't do for the savior of the universe shooting
up the place and end up attempting to slay the residue of his cigar!

The surroundings of the Clearing just came along like a strolling friend, so I guess that even
though you may be the type who keeps his feelings in check... you're 'leaking' my friend and
the Man/girl is somehow picking up your memories of your treks in the mountains!

Another giant dirvish coming your way, huh? Well, you look that Bitch-wind straight in the eye
and tell her BIAD is watching and he don't take to Hurricanes bothering his friends.
If that doesn't work, the Witch of the Winds will wave her poncho at it!

Seriously, take care Sir.

If you do wander up there where some forgotten magic may still float around some of the blue
stones... take some shampoo... that 'washing' thing can make your hair feel 'lank'
(BIAD wrote that part)
Stay safe.
edit on 25-8-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Quick note: I've no time to read the updates here or in the Opera. My computer connection was 'friend by the sun' (or so says the nice technician who's allowing me to use his computer to send you both a note)...
I don't know when I'll be back on - but it might be a few days. Between now and then do with Silo what you will and I'll look forward to reading the escapades when I get back - which I hope is SOON!!!

And don't kill me off, lol. I'm on 30 days and counting now.

hugs and have fun and know I'm be missing you all and hope I'm back SOON!!!!!!!!!

gracie

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I know you can't read this, but.... hurry back!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

You know, it may pay us to begin a gallery for these images, the story can sometimes jump
so far ahead and leave opportunties for these pics to be placed in their coreect setting.

Most of the images I've done with the Space Opera in mind are found in this gallery.

The surroundings of the Clearing just came along like a strolling friend, so I guess that even
though you may be the type who keeps his feelings in check... you're 'leaking' my friend and
the Man/girl is somehow picking up your memories of your treks in the mountains!

I'm leaking? Eew! I'll see a doctor about that, and avoid people with knives and guns from now on!

Another giant dirvish coming your way, huh? Well, you look that Bitch-wind straight in the eye
and tell her BIAD is watching and he don't take to Hurricanes bothering his friends.
If that doesn't work, the Witch of the Winds will wave her poncho at it!

Seriously, take care Sir.

No problem They're talking it up a lot worse than it is - at least here. All we've got has been just a little rain, a little wind, and a little leaf-litter in the roadways. The eye made landfall a few minutes ago, and tropical force winds extend out to maybe 50 or 60 miles east of here, not all the way to where I am, so I'm good. The previous guy left the windows down on my patrol vehicle, so I've got a bit of damp-ass, but it's nothing but a thing. I'm waiting for a house to fall on to a wicked witch in the corn field across the road from here, but not holding out much hope for it at this point. Lots of thick fluffy clouds scooting north to south fast, like a devil was on their tail, but they're not dropping much here.

edit on 2011/8/27 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Cheers for the link... you've been busy!
You'll see I followed you over to the 'New ATS Survey: Origins & Evolution' thread... bored yer' see!
They've down-catagorised Ms. Irene to a storm on the TV here and Im glad you're just suffering a little
wind now.
Just add it to the 'leaking'!

I think I should get on with the next episode... it's itching again.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by A boy in a dress

Cheers for the link... you've been busy!
You'll see I followed you over to the 'New ATS Survey: Origins & Evolution' thread... bored yer' see!
They've down-catagorised Ms. Irene to a storm on the TV here and Im glad you're just suffering a little
wind now.
Just add it to the 'leaking'!

The wind only got a little stiff here - blew a downspout off of a warehouse and knocked over a couple of garbage bins, and that was it. It's dead calm now, but still overcast.

Oh, you meant that wind!

I've been conversing with some atheists on another thread, and it's hard to believe, but I think some of them find me a bit abrasive. I dropped a link to the Space Opera any how. Any advertisement is GOOD advertisement! I learned that at the knee of good ol' WH!

I think I should get on with the next episode... it's itching again.

Onward, ever onward.... Ranger On!

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Back online - going to go through the posts here and on the Opera but I"ll not be posting any too soon. Feel like I ate ground up glass. Bad stomach cramps and a lot of unmentionables. Wow... Unbelievable and no idea why.

Looking forward to being back ASAP! Between now and then I've got a question. Do either of you remember what happened to the 'Green Man' of Silo/Ship's?

Happy Sunday...

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

... Looking forward to being back ASAP! Between now and then I've got a question.
Do either of you remember what happened to the 'Green Man' of Silo/Ship's?

Hasn't Sslar got around his neck? I thought that one and Tibbs' was used in the
ceremony.

Leave the ground-glass alone an start back on regular food, a.s.a.p!
Get well soon.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Hasn't Sslar got around his neck? I thought that one and Tibbs' was used in the
ceremony.

That's what I though also, but, my memory is telling me there's more. I do remember the Green Man being used to pilot the rig that carried you all to Carbiox. Was that before or after it was around Sslar's neck? Then I remember something about Sslar leaving it off.

Ok - I'll go start looking...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Adam smiled at Deson and remained silent, he turned and with an hopeful expression in
his eyes, he reached for the Green Man amulet around Sslar's neck.
The Xang cat lowered his huge head and the Doctor's combing fingers found the chain among
the fur and in one movement, he took the necklace from the animal.

(later)

Adam carefully laid the amulet into the recess and looked at the one cable that lay next to
where the 'old man' face stared back at the anxious features of the Doctor.

source

Last time I saw it...

Still looking for more and for what happened to that little vessel...

EDIT TO ADD:

I looked all over page 48 and 49... I can't find what happens to the Green Man other than it was used to navigate the Sprint to bring Adam and Dag to find 'you all'... Where the Sprint and the Green Man went from there???

I'll go back and look (again) but all I could find was the little ship 'vented' it's gasses, Adam popped out and that was that.

Something to think about:

The little Sprint deposited it's cargo (Adam, Dag, etc) leaving the Green Man aboard in it's 'navigation' capacity. From there would we assume the Green Man with it's mission completed would go back to the Yydryl? Or - is it waiting right where it was left?

Something to keep in mind for the future and to tie up loose ends.

edit on 29-8-2011 by silo13 because: edit right there above

new topics

top topics

<< 243  244  245    247  248  249 >>

join