It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feb 9, 2009, Obama Speeks Primetime, Treasury Dept Unvails Bail Out Plan, What if Reinhardt Is Right

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think it's hilarious how everyone's so quick to jump off the bandwagon, or for those of whom were never on it are sure to come and point out that he's wrong.

The simple fact is that 95% of everything that ends up on ATS is usually blown out of proportion anyway, and has nothing to do with any type of conspiracy. However, it is entertaining to think about and speculate that there actually might be a hidden agenda behind much of the subject material on these boards.

That said, I think it's ridiculous that folks are pointing out that he's "wrong". First off, he didn't predict a crash. He predicted a downfall in November, beginning on February 9. He mentioned Obama's reform in that November prediction, and Look! Obama's selling it to the nation on National TV. Granted, that would be a bit of a stretch to say he predicted a national television press-conference, however he said it, and it's come to pass.

Also, please don't confuse what Reinhardt has said with the sensational, poorly put together videos by David Lightman. This guy claims to be the "video producer" of R, which is quite an embellishment when you view his 30 second clips made with Window Movie Maker, overlaying the cliche music from the LOTR trailer.

Take it for what I take it for, entertainment value. If he's right, and at the end of the week, the DJIA is around 7500, then give him a pat on the back. If he's wrong, and we're at 8000, like we have been for 3 weeks...who really cares?

I did the research and looked into it, and I enjoy it. It's ENTERTAINING. I definitely didn't go short the financials like some folks have claimed. For those of you who did, I'm chuckling at your foolishness. I have fun telling others about his claims, but I don't put a lot of value into it, and I'm definitely not going to take financial advice from someone who posts pictures of women pleasuring themselves on the front page of his website.

So seriously, start taking it for what it's worth. Entertainment value, at best.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The futures are down almost 100 as Obama is speaking now...maybe tomorrow is the tank day!!!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost
The futures are down almost 100 as Obama is speaking now...maybe tomorrow is the tank day!!!!!

You must be hawekeye on the google boards. =D

Funny, Reinhardt said that the news that should push the market downward will come today, and it might have. The bad bank annoucement came the closing bell rang...and yes, the futures are down. But they were down 100+ yesterday as well. Should be fun to watch.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gando702

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost

You must be hawekeye on the google boards. =D

Hehe i noticed that as well. I asked Reinhardt twice to come to the boards and explain why he is backtracking on his claim. But I seriously doubt he will show up. I think the man finally see's he is being shown for the sham he is and now he's bitter :p

I mean seriously any person who makes a claim and then retracks it on his website and then denies making it has to be about the worst forcaster i have ever seen LOL

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
You don't get it, do you?

He never said the market would crash on February 9, only news that would send it down would arrive on the 9th.

That news may have arrived, just not in time to effect the days markets.

I can't believe folks on a board who sometimes take things so literal refuse to take the literal meaning of what he actually said.

Do you really need to be the first, coolest person to point out when someone's incorrect, or in this case, incorrect so far?

Let me put it to you simply.

HE NEVER SAID THE MARKET WOULD CRASH TODAY.

He said the news would come today. Plenty of things made the news. He will be wrong if nothing that happened today drastically affects the markets this week.

However, the bad bank announcement, as well as 2nd quarter earnings are coming out this week, both of which should send the markets lower, both came today.

I'm not defending him at all. Like I said in my earlier post, it's entertainment for me. But Jesus Christ, you folks are like those people in the movie theater yelling at the screen and predicting the end of the movie.

Relax already. The week just started.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Yeah Im hawkeye....Im rooting for the prediction because like I said I have skin in the game but to deny the predictions when I showed two links....I mean I wish he would of just spelled it out before it was a week long event. He did not give that impression. Its cool though Im in for the week...regardless I agree with him. The market is indeed controlled there is no doubt in my mind. Who does it is another story but I totally agree the market is not a free market....

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gando702

Be it today tomorrow or Friday I'm still stating that I seriously doubt anyhting will happen this week to cause an entire crash. Like I said at the very beginning of this week I'm still counting on this week being on the norm of the past few weeks.

I'll say here and now that the market should end up maybey +-300 total points from the begining of the week. I'm sorry but after looking at his site for the past few months he has been pretty sure that the crash would either be today or start today. So if you want I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but unless we are looking at a weekly loss of over 1000 points then I think it's easy to say this man is a sham. Hell even a loss of 600 700 points and I'll give him merit. But in all honesty we will have to be looking at something that is going to CRASH the markets. R has been pretty adament about the Crash starting today(this week if you want) We will have to be looking at some hefty losses for this prediction of his to come out.

But for me I just don't see it.

[edit on 2/9/0909 by Trayen11]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think Hover had it right. Obama and his gang will make the Bush years seem like the golden age.

The left will destroy this country with this plan. Viify those that create wealth and deify the ones who steal it. Who's John Gault?

Anyone?

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trayen11

Be it today tomorrow or Friday I'm still stating that I seriously doubt anyhting will happen this week to cause an entire crash. Like I said at the very beginning of this week I'm still counting on this week being on the norm of the past few weeks.

I'll say here and now that the market should end up maybey +-300 total points from the begining of the week. I'm sorry but after looking at his site for the past few months he has been pretty sure that the crash would either be today or start today. So if you want I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but unless we are looking at a weekly loss of over 1000 points then I think it's easy to say this man is a sham. Hell even a loss of 600 700 points and I'll give him merit. But in all honesty we will have to be looking at something that is going to CRASH the markets. R has been pretty adament about the Crash starting today(this week if you want) We will have to be looking at some hefty losses for this prediction of his to come out.

I give up with you, seriously man.

He never said crash.

He never said it would be in one day.

He said that NEWS WOULD ARRIVE TODAY that would PUSH THE MARKET DOWNWARD.

Sure, if you want to put words in his mouth, then not believe them, that's fine.

I don't believe you that the Cavaliers are going to trade Lebron James to the Browns for Braylon Edwards. You're a liar, a fraud, and an egomaniac. I can't wait for it not to happen so I can crucify you.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yesterday everyone was saying that he said something was gonna happen on the 9th. Over and over it was stressed that he hit it "right on the money" for September 15th. Now that nothing happened on the 9th, we are supposed to drink the kool-aid...that he never said the 9th. Pullllllllllleeeeeesssssssssseeeeeeee.

My momma didn't raise a fool!
I know what I saw and read.

I am of the impression tomorrow may not be pretty, but it's not because I am believing in the guru Reinhardt. IT just doesn't look good.

I said before that R. may be a really young, smart guy. Nothing wrong with that. It shows in his lack of experience in just showing up and saying "Sorry, guys..I blew it." That kind of humility we would all buy...his arrogance well, that's another story.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gando702

I give up with you, seriously man.

He never said crash.

He never said it would be in one day.

He said that NEWS WOULD ARRIVE TODAY that would PUSH THE MARKET DOWNWARD.

Sure, if you want to put words in his mouth, then not believe them, that's fine.

I don't believe you that the Cavaliers are going to trade Lebron James to the Browns for Braylon Edwards. You're a liar, a fraud, and an egomaniac. I can't wait for it not to happen so I can crucify you.

Excuse me. Did you read my emtire post? Look again, I said I would give him the benfit of the doubt and hold out until the end of the week. But looking at his website (before he took it all down), he called for a second crash that would begin today. I said i would give him to the end of the week. But in order for this crash to happen we will be looking at some serious losses which IMO I dont see happening.

Please tell me how I am a fraud or an egomaniac? I'm giving my opinion on the matter. Last I checked that was allowed. Oh and btw, should the market not BLOW UP this week and we are only looking at a +-300 point swing I'll be expecting a apology for your nice little attack on me here.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by perficio7

Originally posted by perficio7
....that was made on nov 26...there was enough "negative news" to bring any market down today. couple that with the bailout and all the other nonsense...there you go.

Remember Friday ?

Blindfold yourself and throw a dart. There is enough "negative news" to bring any market down....everyday....there you go.

News reports predicting massive bank failures have been common grist since Jan 08.

reply to post by jeff.behnke

Originally posted by jeff.behnkeI believe it is. Very very interesting. His first post is quite telling in which Reinhardt writes:

It would appear that many of your $720.00 checks for personal
financial direction got hung up in the mail?

Looks like he is not cashing them, nor ever had any intention to cash them and it is just another one of his games to send people into fits of confusion and anger because they, once again, don't see the point he is trying to make.

Looks to me like he's chastising non-subscribers for kvetching..or..for cancelling checks after receiving passwords.

“check is in the mail”: servicecall@xxxxxxx

cashier’s check or money order

note:

a tracking number will get a password asap

Edit add: He later posted; you get what you pay for.

Long after his website has ceased to exist, there will still be a few defenders in denial. I witnessed this same phenomenon in the penny stock market, where I cut my teeth the hard way.

Stockholm syndrome

[edit on 9-2-2009 by OBE1]

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tjeffersonsghost

The market is indeed controlled there is no doubt in my mind. Who does it is another story but I totally agree the market is not a free market....

I had to spend some time with my wife..............Amen to your comment!

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Haha, sorry if you think I attacked you. I was merely pointing out that he never said crash. Find it for me, please. All the pages are archived on google's cache.

He never said it would crash. He said news would arrive today that would send the market down. Simple as that. He's also made references to Friday, so I think a week is plenty for his predictions.

And with what you think is an "attack", it was me merely putting words in your mouth, then saying you're wrong. Which is what you're doing to him.

Hopefully you understand what I was trying to accomplish with my post which is this: If you're going to be critical of someone's predictions, make sure you're critical of what they actually predicted. You're making claims of a crash, which he never said. Also, don't put words in someone's mouth, then chastise them for it.

Hopefully you understand that. If not, I really give up.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
I think Hover had it right. Obama and his gang will make the Bush years seem like the golden age.

The left will destroy this country with this plan. Viify those that create wealth and deify the ones who steal it. Who's John Gault?

Anyone?

My friend, the country is in shambles. Financially and economically it is relatively destroyed. No amount of pointing fingers and left this and dumocrat that is going to make people forget the road that Bush and crew led us down. We had the worlds good will immediatly following 911 and that was squandered. No sir. Bush and his oil and corporate buddies made out like bandits and many are now living off shore and even in Dubai and not paying US taxes on their windfall.

VILIFY those who create wealth? WHAT wealth is that? look around you.

ON topic: I think Reinhart is a bit of a creative genius and I am going to see where his train of thought leads. I am merely a spectator and have nothing but personal interest invested in this subject. We will see how the week shapes up and what the "verdict" on the man is. Even if he misses it I have enjoyed the enterprisecorruption website thoroughly.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

One thing i do find funny in the long run about him is this. Last i recalled and looked he never actually called the sept 15 crash, all he said was something along the lines of sell. And when the markets tanked. people call it a hit and that he predicted it all along.

His cryptic responses on his site can be interprited every which way. His comments about today and as well as his little countdown he had for today has led everyone to believe he was stating a crash to occur. But because nothing happens people say he never actually called it. As far as i can tell he never actually called the one in Sept either, but because something signifigant happened on that day then it must be a hit right?

thats my take on the man. He makes cryptic responses that people comment on, when one comes right or something happens people say he predicted it. He makes more cryptic responses about another day and nothing happens and people say well he never actually predicted anything.

I find that funny in my eyes.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OBE1
I witnessed this same phenomenon in the penny stock market, where I cut my teeth the hard way.

Stockholm syndrome

I feel for you OBE1. I too made a bundle and then lost it all on the pennies. I used to think the pennies were better than Vegas. Now I am not so sure. At least I learned to chart and read the candles for the next time I am flush. Here's to experience- and learning from it.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck. I'm just saying....

Evidently some folks must have stopped payment on their checks. His snarky remarks are less then professional.

Would a real businessman act that way?? I don't think so. I was thinking myself, just this afternoon, that I bet some folks put stop payments on their checks after today.

I think in this crummy economy people are desperate to catch a break. If this guy is trying to cash in on that desperation that's just W R O N G. IMO

I guess the truth will prevail. But after the way he has handled this today I am not impressed...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jeff.behnke

Hey, its good to see you post again.........I started this thread to find the truth. I have seen a lot of crazy posters here and abroad.

You are right, he may have mist the 'day' but not the mark.........

I checked out our website briefly, Cool!!...........Hopefully I can find sometime to go back there.

Sorry to hear you are not Reinhardt............It would make more since.

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MsBehavin1

I have to agree with you 100%.

his attitude on those forums would be most of why I'm being so hard on him. He comes off as cocky and that he knew everything.

"646"

"I told you so"

And then when nothing actually happens today. The news that came out today has been no worse than the rest that has been coming out for the last 2 months.

and when he is called out on it on those forums he acts like my 5 year old daughter when she doesn't get her way.

"Link it Link it Link it"

And when people link items from his claims he ignored them outright on those forums. Like I said from my personal opinion he was making claims of something big happening today, or at least being set in motion today based on news. I have yet to see anything come out today that would cause another sept 15 type episode or Oct episode. But hey thats just me what do I know right.

Not enough to charge people 700+ a year to read my cryptic messages that can go either way so I'm pretty much always right.

1. Make cryptic statment that does not really say anything profound.
2. If/when something happens that day I can be herald and say I called it all along
3. Make more cryptic statements that again does not really say much either way.
4. If nothing happens then go on forums and act like a child stating i never actually predicted anything.

Seems like a fullproof prediction method to me.

Cheer to him to think of marketing it and making some cash I guess.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join