It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Crashes at UK school!!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
I don't think is a preparation for disclosure, I think that would be different, the media following of a disclosure would be, in my opinion, more about the "hows" and "whys", not reporting about a crash that only left some debris.

Maybe this training for fake reports.

Very good point...... I wonder if we/u/i worked in that environment then what would we do or say to further that educational agenda? In my mind-set i would be asking WTF??????

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
There could be another reason.

Like that Men In Black movie.

Let's say there really are some crashes and the school projects are the cover ups?

The public bought the first one and even us ATSers are pretty willing to just accept this one. And we don't even have pictures yet.

Was the one that all the African kids saw and drew pictures of, a hoax?

Another question might be - why are they visiting schools - maybe the soccer fields for crop circles? This one was at night right? Maybe kids leave an aura or energy source even when they're not there?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

There could be another reason.

why are they visiting schools (?)

maybe because our children are tomorrows future?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Originally posted by drock905
I guess we are supposed to just believe everything we read on the internet? We aren't allowed to question anything without being a labeled a debunker or disinformation agent?

It seems someone
took my original warning to the OP quite personally. I never suggested such a thing, of course you're always free to question anything. However, I've yet to see you actually do that and/or offer a contribution to this thread; other than to attack me and twist my words.

In that case the moon is made of cheese. I have inside sources. Its on the internet now so it's true. You don't believe me? DEBUNKER!

moon is made of cheese?.. how creative

I wish when I was in school they did things like this. Pretty cool way to practice your journalism skills.

It's funny you say that, I'm not aware of UFO crashes being regularly "staged" at elementary schools; as something for the purpose of study. Perhaps you could elaborate further on this phenomenon?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

Interesting story.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Hang on.

the article about the "UFO" crash was dated Jan. 27, 09.

that last link to the paper showing the kids looking at the debris
from the school "project' was back in December.

These are two separate incidents, or have I missed something?

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I recall having some 'role play' lessons in forensic science as part of my physics class. I must have been 11-13 years old. It doesn't seem that far fetched to me that a school would set up a 'role play' scenario for the children to interact with. Taking notes, observing, asking questions, discussing with other pupils, compiling their findings, coming to their own conclusions and then reporting on it. Sounds like a brilliant lesson to me!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
after all that not a single picture or video?
It figures thats the case.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
maybe the reason why they are visiting schools is simple...

They want too...They don't need a reason to do something.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
so wait a second, tons of witnesses and none of them had a phone to take pictures of the incident?

O_O I would have recorded a video... tho i would be pretified hehehe

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Interesting story indeeed....... but it does kinda puzzle me that in todays technological age that no-one had a fone w/ video or pic functions to capture this event.....

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Government drones. Sorry, I don't mean to be cynical but the use of rockets implies that there is a flammable substance to burn to propel the UFO/drone?! Why would aliens travel here and then use jet fuel - surely their technology is more advanced? The conventional Unmanned Aerial Vehicles are aeroplane or helicopter shaped Link

but there is no reason why there should not be saucer shaped drones or UAV's which resemble apparent alien spacecraft. This link shows UFO -type drones in action. UFO shaped UAV

I wonder if there are large scale models which use the Coanda effect or others using anti-gravity.
Please deny ignorance and question everything.
Peace

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

HOAX. What a waste of time...Check out the caption (linked article) to the photo at right with the school kids..."ALIEN INVASION? Investigators and youngsters study some debris from an alien landing. The story was an elaborate hoax organised by Yeo Moor Junior School in Clevedon as part of a journalism project."

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by forliberty09

Originally posted by forliberty09
The story was an elaborate hoax organised by Yeo Moor Junior School in Clevedon as part of a journalism project."

It may well have been a hoax, or more likely a journalism project for elementary students. You don't find such an education lesson such as this for children to be at least the slightest; strange? .. Out of all things, why pick aliens and a UFO crash as an inspiration for creativity?

Remember, the educational system is mainly a reflection of what the government wants you to learn about, at a very young age apparently.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Because elementary students HAVE TO STUDY journalism. It's such an important aspect of our society and a profession all kids dream of.
So later they can report on the last maker of wooden shoes in a town they never heard of, or some guy repairing bells in his garage.
Learning journalism gives kids all important skills to survive in our modern society, teaches them chain of command, lies, stupid smiles and boob surgery, everything to keep kids going on having nice dreams.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I'm sure you've heard countless times that in a position of distress the common woman walking her dog isn't going to think, "I should probably take a picture, or make an audio recording!" Most people just get scared and run away. I don't necessarily blame them either.

That being said,

It sounds a little strange, especially with the reports of foot prints and investigators claiming it to be alien. I'd like to believe this one is legit, but it's hard to say without more information.

Though frankly, black-ops, extra-terrestrial, or plane ol' mystery I say the being could have at least left a note with its insurance information!

Edit: eep, looks like I jumped the gun on that one. This kind of middle school journalism project seems a little silly for that age. At least in the US. Unless there's something about UK middle school kids I'm missing out on? Last I checked kids are kids no matter where you go.

[edit on 1/31/2009 by stonespiral]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
Oh and there is a little story on the right hand coloumn of the article that may be of intrest to ATS members..... Well 1 member for sure

www.thisissomerset.co.uk...

Thanks for the hint Master Shen. I can't upload the photo of the students and "debris," but the caption from the Mercury newspaper photo explains everything, doesn't it?

Caption:

ALIEN INVASION? Investigators and youngsters study some debris from an alien landing. The story was an elaborate hoax organised by Yeo Moor Junior School in Clevedon as part of a journalism project.

edit to add s&f

jw

[edit on 31-1-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
This is hokum. There is no empirical evidence, no pictures, no witnesses. Clearly a school project with some local journos gullible enough to pick up on it without investigating properly.

It does raise some points about UFO psychosis - the more mundane the lo-cal, the believable the unlikely event.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Master Shen long
OK (sorry for the caps) BUT IF THE SCHOOLS ARE PUSHING THIS EDUCATIONAL CURRICULUM THEN THE QUESTION HAS TO BE ASKED....

Why the hell are they doing this?

Speaking as a teacher in an afterschool program....

Keeping the interests of kids is very difficult. We have to coerce them into thinking (because they'd rather sit and chat with their friends as opposed to sitting and listening to a lecture and memorizing things.) Getting them to think critically (analyze things) and learn forensics (evidence that will stand up in a formal argument) is almost impossible... unless you have one of those wonderfully curious kids.

Then you have to figure out how to teach them and encourage them while still dealing with the others (who may be difficult to control, like to talk over you, and not pay attention... or who may be autistic or have ADHD.)

As a consequence, we're not doing "education"... we're doing "edu-tainment.

That means you have to make the lessons lively and entertaining, which means going by the things that interest kids.

"Scooby Doo" (the cartoon) is very popular with most kids. So is any kind of detective cartoon. Outer space cartoons and anime (often with a space theme) are popular. They also like "weird stuff."

I think it's a pretty neat idea. You can tie it into some of the big UFO cases and get them to analyze them and present their findings.

Kudos to the teacher!

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

You don't find such an education lesson such as this for children to be at least the slightest; strange? .. Out of all things, why pick aliens and a UFO crash as an inspiration for creativity?

No I don't find it strange. I think the kids would find this incredibley inspiring, fun and mind expanding.

Remember, the educational system is mainly a reflection of what the government wants you to learn about, at a very young age apparently.

Yes but only as far as the curriculum goes. If a teacher wants to introduce certain topics to aid the learning process of the curriculum then he/she is fine to do so.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join