It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Crashes at UK school!!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
With regard to crashes at schools; this is not at all suspicious as conventional aircraft always look for the nearest wide open area to set down in in case of trouble, such as a schoolyard. In general; in 1974 I myself saw some lights over lake Lochloosa here in Florida moving at extreme speeds, changing colors and turning at right angles, so there's something up there besides swamp gass and the Goodyear blimp, lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by and14263

You seem to have either missed, or misinterpreted my points. For the record, I'm not being pessimistic about this, in fact I'm happy that children are being taught such things. I have absolutely no objections to this.

Anything is better than feeding them Sponge Bob Square Pants as a cartoon, rather than the things I used to watch as a kid. Remember Silver Hawks? or Dungeons and Dragons? or Bravestar? or Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors?.. Those were REAL cartoons. The stuff kids watch these days, is hardly mind opening.

Originally posted by and14263
No I don't find it strange. I think the kids would find this incredibley inspiring, fun and mind expanding.

Key word; mind expanding.

Originally posted by and14263
Yes but only as far as the curriculum goes. If a teacher wants to introduce certain topics to aid the learning process of the curriculum then he/she is fine to do so.

What makes you so sure that this lesson isn't part of a new curriculum?

[edit on 31/1/09 by Majorion]

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
If this really happened then its pretty cool. Any reason why this person would make this story up?

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
It says right on the front page of that paper it was a hoax by the journalism dept of the school for a school project,,, my god I found that in 2 secs. I think ppl post these knowing there fakes just to freak everyone out..
FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFA_______KEFAKE________FAKE__________FAKE_FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKFAK
FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFF______FAKEFAKE_______FAKE________FAKE___FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKFAK
FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFF_____FAKEFAKEFA______FAKE_______FAKE____FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKFAK
FAKE__________________FAKE____FAKE_____FAKE______FAKE_____FAKE______________
FAKE_________________FAKE______FAKE____FAKE____FAKE_______FAKE______________
FAKE________________FAKE________FAKE___FAKE_FAKEFA________FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKEFAKE___________FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKEFAK____________FAKE______________
FAKEFAKEFAKEF______FAKE__________FAKE__FAKEFAK____________FAKEFAKEFAKEE_____
FAKEFAKEFAKEF______FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFA__FAKEFAKE___________FAKEFAKEFAKEE_____
FAKEFAKEFAKEF______FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFA__FAKE_FAKE__________FAKEFAKEFAKEE_____
FAKE_______________FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEFA__FAKE__FAKE_________FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKE____FAKE_______FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKE_____FAKE______FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKE______FAKE_____FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKE_______FAKE____FAKE______________
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKE________FAKE___FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKFAK
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKE_________FAKE__FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKFAK
FAKE_______________FAKE__________FAKE__FAKE__________FAKE_FAKEFAKEFAKEFAKEAK

www.thisissomerset.co.uk...

[edit on 1-2-2009 by alienj]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:10 AM
link   
For those people pushing the story is a way of conditioning for a mass reveal of aliens...
I seem to remember that a few years ago, when zombies were really popular, they did similar projects only from a zombie point of view.
Over the years, I want to say that there have been similar set ups for monster movie scenarios, scifi, ect.
Which, I think, is very good. Such events if presented realistically, like they are in the article, encourage students to think outside of the box and accept situations that were originally unbelievable, and then use what they have learned to make a study of it.
Pretty cool, I think, though I never had a chance to take part in such a exercise.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I'm surprised theres still a large amount of people wanting to believe this is real or that there is more to it than meets the eye when it says on the front page that it was a staged event!

It isn't a hoax and we're not conditioning our kids! I can remember being back in primary school and would of loved having a lesson like this, it would of been great!

Winchester_La on page 3 describes perfectly why teachers would teach a lesson like this.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Im all for alien life being out there somewhere! Trust me Im one of the core alien nutters on this site!!

But this ummm...

was an elaborate hoax organised by Yeo Moor Junior School in Clevedon as part of a journalism project.

Front page news... Sorry folks its just a hoax..

Or are they just saying hoax to cover it up.. nahh.. I really think this is a hoax.. No cover up.. And just some kids doing a project..

Did you see the said craft? Looks like a bunch of old computer parts glued together and is from a B rate flim..

Sorry man.. Keep looking tho!
I give you an A for effort..

Edit to mods--- Can we give this a HOAX title now? So to make sure everyone like me who just finds this on the top of the page is not mislead.

[edit on 1-2-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Easy,
Hmmm seems I was in somewhat of an attacking frame of mind last night... erm, hmm, erm.... sorry.
No really, you didn't deserve to be on the end of either of my replies. I looked at your previous posts and leaping to conclusions is possibly something I was particularly fond of last night.
Just to say, I can assure you that this i snot part of the curriculum... well the scenario isn't.
Anyway, be well and prosper.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
based on all the info i have read about supposed ufo drives they dont use rockets and there is no combustible engine sound so the witness report is a bit suss. but what do i know about anything

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Master Shen long

it's a hoax...seems the local kiddies in the journalism class were having a bit of fun.

[taken from the front page of the Western Newspapers Ltd rag--cant think of its silly name]:
ALIEN INVASION? Investigators and youngsters study some debris from an alien landing. The story was an elaborate hoax organised by Yeo Moor Junior School in Clevedon as part of a journalism project.

here's a photo from the apparent exploit:
i.thisis.co.uk...

you people can't believe everything you read online. there are some real schizo wingnut jobs out there who have trouble keeping the day of the week straight much less the fact that there is no worldwide conspiracy against them.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Tgautier13

First of all,someone doesn't need any kind of magic abilities to set up a "bunkers vs debunkers" atmosphere,at least IMHO.

Its become pretty commonplace on these boards for a group of people, normally the same people but I will not name names, to go around to every thread and debunk it in any which way they can; even if that just means making fun of the subject. Or are you saying you haven't witnessed this for yourself here yet?

I have but that doesn't mean that in every single beginning of a thread we have to start with this kind of mentality.Aren't we all interested in the same thing?Shouldn't we focus on the subject?

I never said that there aren't "bunkers" and "debunkers" around in ATS,all i'm saying is that if we'll keep this up we'll end up like the politics section.If you don't know what i mean,go and check it out or better yet,try to participate in a thread that you'll find interesting.

Other than that,that moment is gone,i'm cool with Majorion,i'm pretty sure he's cool with me,the missunderstanding is gone,so what's the problem here?

And now back on topic:
Posted by Master Shen long:

Only 3 thoughts come to mind....
Number 1: Get the kids ready for Disclosure (real or not)
I wanna talk about this because it troubles me alot.
If they want to prepare the kids for a real disclosure then i guess it's fine,they want the kids to have an open mind so when that happens they wont freak out.
What about if the disclosure will be fake?Could there be a chance that they're trying to dissorient people's attention from other things,starting from a very young age?
I don't know but this troubles me alot.

I like what Byrd said,he gave us a teacher's POV which is very important,but still,i can't help but consider any negative side too since lately i hear things about various subjects which made me a bit more suspicious than i used to be.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Maybe the kids are in on it, a cover up if you like?
Kids today with their strange haircuts and weird music...

A craft may well of hit the school (spelled skool in their
language) and 'limped' away, but while heavy petting
and spray-painting on the walls are their priority, the kids
would've just took it as a prank and reported to the world
as that.

I remember school... I taped Larry Lester's buns together.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
ALL KIDS ARE OK ! it 's the most important in this strange story

it will be perhaps good for a next scenary of science fiction movie

this year begin well for the fan of ufo

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by helico0_3

Oh I agree, the kids are alright, but who?
who would let a UFO hit their school, collect up any debris
and hide it and then report it as a hoax?

You think about this: when you get old, these kids,
when *I* get old... they're going to be running the country... Yeah.
Now this is the thought that wakes me up in the middle of the night.
That when I get older, these kids are going to take care of me.

I wouldn't count on it.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
well this is what a newspaper stated a few days ago. coincedence maybe?

scare mongering programming of the masses me thinkswww.dailymail.co.uk... 127483/Defence-chiefs-ordered-RAF-pilots-shoot-UFOs.html

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Here's all the proof anyone should need that this is a hoax:

Young reporters' scoop is out of this world (Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 08:45)

IF true this story would have been the most newsworthy ever to have happened – and for a few hours it was.

Year 5 and 6 pupils from Yeo Moor Junior School in Clevedon arrived at school one morning to discover part of the school field had been cordoned off after an aircraft crash sometime the evening before.

They had no idea that this was actually an elaborate, but effective and fun, hoax organised as part of their journalism topic, to learn more about being a reporter and how to write news stories. ...

Source: thisissomerset.co.uk

Note that this is the same date, Tuesday, January 27, 2009, 08:46, as the other article found here by the OP.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

tee hee that reminds me of something that happened when I was in primary school as in featured in a book the green triangle i THINK! that was much of the same but without the debris............

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
strange. Im not sure if this story is even genuine or not. Because TBH, there is simply a big 'UFO movement' in the media as of last year.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
What the??? It makes me laugh at most of your simplistic responses to justify this as a credible case.

Yes, UFO's are real. No, this story is not. Come on now. Again, what the???

Let's move on now.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join