It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Crashes at UK school!!!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
HOAX !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 52 pupils at the school, along with staff, made posters to warn villagers Martians were at large – only to learn it was all part of an elaborate hoax aimed at improving their literacy skills.

Mrs Colligan said: "Parents and staff spent the weekend making the spaceship and setting it up as part of a project aimed at making writing more exciting for the children."

www.lep.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
damn those drunk driving aliens...
of course there was no trace left behind other than what probably was a vehicle hit and run crash... leaving anything to the weak minded's overactive imaginations...

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Did anyone think perhaps of e-mailing the newspaper and talking to first hand witness's rather than just speculating? Just a thought.

Today I got the answer to what I asked on Saturday (when I answered "Yes" to the post quoted above) to PCSO Linda Richards.

As you can see, I did not asked the newspaper but the Avon and Somerset police, using the form available on their site.

Linda is unfortunately off sick at the moment but as part of team who attended that day I can inform you it was a staged event.

This was to give the children an opportunity to see how the Police would react to such an event & they also were allowed to role play with a reporter, CSI and as Police officers.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Regards

----- ------

PCSO Support

PS: I thought it best not to post the name of the person that wrote the answer.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The police are known to go to schools and give various talks, there is always a small amount of funding set aside for these activities. But there is never money set aside for this kind of fiasco. This midnight event, with scores of investigators, with costs ranging into many thousands, was not a staged event.
Everyone use your head, the official story relies on not using it at all.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Read above.

Second line.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Originally posted by mystiq
This midnight event, with scores of investigators, with costs ranging into many thousands, was not a staged event. Everyone use your head, the official story relies on not using it at all.

Exactly the point I was trying to make more than once earlier in this thread. Unfortunately.. all I got was criticism.

In essence, I don't buy into this explanation just yet.

The UK is in the process of declassifying all their supposedly secret UFO files over the next few years. If indeed this was a simple a method of inspiration.. then I find it strange to say the least.

If it was an official cover up story, then I wouldn't be surprised either.

Funny how quick people jumped in here to call this a hoax.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
ironically... i live very close to clevedon. I live in a place called weston super mare and to be honest i havent really heard much about this ufo landing, but the news was saying it was real and the had witnesses speaking about it, i will post scans of the local newspaper on thursday

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Are you serious??

Did you even look at the pictures provided?

have a look here

I'll post one up for you to make it easier for you to comprehend.

Does that really look like debris from a crashed alien space craft?

If so, why are the kids standing right next to it not wearing protective clothing like the two "Scientists"?

Why are there kids there at all?!? wouldn't the whole area be cordoned off?

Originally posted by Majorion
Funny how quick people jumped in here to call this a hoax.

Funny how people, despite the overwhelming evidence STILL somehow believe the story to be true.

[edit on 2-2-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
And no one had at least a cell phone camera to get a snapshot?

Hmm...Could have been a black op craft. Maybe someone will come up with a picture or video. Something like that happening, and with the abuncance of cell phone users with cell phones that have cameras, someone would have at least got a picture.

Cheers!!!!

It takes me somewhere between 6 and 10 seconds to pull my phone out of my pocket, slide up, hold the camera button, wait for a response, aim, wait for white balance and exposure to settle, and click. That is assuming I am not driving or doing something else at the time, where I may have to pull over first. If the object is moving or I am moving, it takes a good 2 or 3 pictures before I get something without motion blurring. I know because I have kids and I am constantly trying to catch them on camera, believe me, it's hard to take pictures of small moving objects limited to your own living room, let alone an alleged rocket flying across the sky and crashing out of view.

Unless this object was kind enough to sit there for a good 10 seconds and the alleged witnesses were just sitting there doing nothing, why would you expect the odds of a camera phone picture to be anything other than slim?

-rrr

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Originally posted by Chadwickus
I'll post one up for you to make it easier for you to comprehend.

There is no need for personal insults; but since you quickly jumped on the bandwagon in assuming things about me yourself.. let me further elaborate the point you seemed to have appropriately missed.

I NEVER said that this was an alien craft. However the term 'hoax' doesn't explain this case accurately enough.

Perhaps I need to copy and paste the point I made in my last post again; which you seemed to have missed more than once in this thread;

Originally posted by Majorion
If indeed this was a simple a method of inspiration.. then I find it strange to say the least.

Should I repeat this rather valid point again for those with evidently short attention spans?

Does that really look like debris from a crashed alien space craft?

No, I never suggested that. Funny how you immediately assume that I'm a fundamentalist believer like some people around here.. I'm not the one you wanna pick a fight with

Funny how people, despite the overwhelming evidence STILL somehow believe the story to be true.

Funny how you assume that I believe it to be true in the extraterrestrial sense.

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is a fake, why isn't there a "hoax" tag on this thread and moved?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Seems to me it's a fake, not a hoax just a fake fiction. No Impact crator and deffinetly no one would be allowed within 50 ft. of it.

Next!

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
why not comment on the news anything about it?

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
After reading the thread over again, and recapping the links i provided ive came to this conclusion ->>

The images and staged UFO learning lesson for the kids was taken a month prior to the event being broadcast on the news [ albiet local news]. This leaves me with the conclusion that the news website carrying the story made it up as a hoax, though no one has come forward from the news site to confirm it was a hoax. Included in this hoax was members of the public [ teachers possably ?? ] reporting it late at night [ 12am ] thus feeding the news site of a UFO landing on the school premises. The news site then broadcasted it as an actual UFO event to cause the hoax but claiming it to be real. This begs the question, have, or will the News site come forward and claim it to be a hoax?

Either way, given that there is something a bit fishy about it all, i conclued that it is a Hoax and perpentrated by the Media to gain recognition, perhaps?

IP

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
what i am finding strange is the fact that the newspaper wrote 2 completly different stories about the same article in the same edition of the paper why would they do that? the procedure I have noticed with media they normaly put a different story up the next day regarding the same article

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You guys disappoint me... They are obviousley playing you at your own game
Spacecraft crashes .... Weather balloon ... The school is ofc running some kinda experiment with how ppl,sceptics,believers react to different stories.
Roswell anyone

posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by serin sister

Originally posted by serin sister
what i am finding strange is the fact that the newspaper wrote 2 completly different stories about the same article in the same edition of the paper

Exactly what I noticed from the beginning of this thread. It almost seems like two different stories.

Second line.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Why are there kids there at all?!? wouldn't the whole area be cordoned off?

I can explain it. Authorities have decided that these kids are already contaminated and nothing would help them...

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This is a HOAX! Look at the bottom of the article and it has a link to the truth about it being not true.

Young reporters' scoop is out of this world
IF true this story would have been the most newsworthy ever to have happened – and for a few hours it was.
Year 5 and 6 pupils from Yeo Moor Junior School in Clevedon arrived at school one morning to discover part of the school field had been cordoned off after an aircraft crash sometime the evening before

I'll try to put the link in, but first time don't know if it will work.

www.thisissomerset.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 9 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
People obviously didnt turn to page two:

IF true this story would have been the most newsworthy ever to have happened – and for a few hours it was. Year 5 and 6 pupils from Yeo Moor Junior School in Clevedon arrived at school one morning to discover part of the school field had been cordoned off after an aircraft crash sometime the evening before. They had no idea that this was actually an elaborate, but effective and fun, hoax organised as part of their journalism topic, to learn more about being a reporter and how to write news stories.

www.thisissomerset.co.uk...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join