It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Mankind been Duped into Rejecting The only Redeemer?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I guess my avatar isn't hot enough for a response?

What happend to age before beauty? lol

[edit on 093131p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
If you are being sarcastic and implying this has gone on for thousands of years then you are adding more proof to my point, because unbelief and rebellion against God was flourishing throughout the centuries. However, today, the flood gates are open to all manner of inventive and creative ways to cause murder, death , and destruction. One only has to watch CNN for an hour to see it.

I am not implying anything, I am stating it. If you really think it is more voluminous and more creative then you really need to do some research. Do you know they used to punish people by hanging them up on wooden crosses to die slowly in public?

I asked you to back it up with stats. Show me why you believe the world is any more violent or sadistic today than it was when say...women were property, public executions were entertainment for the family, war was a way of life for generations...etc.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Luciferdescending

BTW: I'm thinking of giving you a role in my next film.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

So we go from one pseudo-christian's pride to another's envy. All I am is rude and that is not one of the seven deadly sins.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I do not have a response for this as I am not an actress and I really doubt you are Arnold.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Luciferdescending

So we go from one pseudo-christian's pride to another's envy. All I am is rude and that is not one of the seven deadly sins.

LOL, I don't really care, was just trying to be funny.

I am not really here anyway

poof

Edited to say, I am certainly not envious of someones avatar, I don't look like this and you obviously don't have hooves,

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

If you are being sarcastic and implying this has gone on for thousands of years then you are adding more proof to my point, because unbelief and rebellion against God was flourishing throughout the centuries. However, today, the flood gates are open to all manner of inventive and creative ways to cause murder, death , and destruction. One only has to watch CNN for an hour to see it.

I am not implying anything, I am stating it. If you really think it is more voluminous and more creative then you really need to do some research. Do you know they used to punish people by hanging them up on wooden crosses to die slowly in public?

I asked you to back it up with stats. Show me why you believe the world is any more violent or sadistic today than it was when say...women were property, public executions were entertainment for the family, war was a way of life for generations...etc.

Today millions of people watch real public executions on their televisions and computers. Check the laser guided smart bomb videos on the Internet as an example. Women are still stoned to death for infidelity, adultery, and prostitution in some muslim countries. So what is your point of making me bring this to light for you?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Now there is a friendly face. How come you aren't on my friend's list.
Hmmmm? I'll see what I can do!!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Today millions of people watch real public executions on their televisions and computers. Check the laser guided smart bomb videos on the Internet as an example. Women are still stoned to death for infidelity, adultery, and prostitution in some muslim countries. So what is your point of making me bring this to light for you?

Today millions of people watch video of a bomb hitting a building is the same as gathering the kids to go to the town square to see another human being burned, drowned, strangled, drawn and quartered, etc...?

Yes, some women are. How is some now more than all?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I do not have a response for this as I am not an actress and I really doubt you are Arnold.

Does one's name have to be Arnold to make films? BTW: John Matrix was Arnold's Character name in the movie "Commando".

And, I was only trying to be funny too....LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Does one's name have to be Arnold to make films? BTW: John Matrix was Arnold's Character name in the movie "Commando".

And, I was only trying to be funny too....LOL

No but since you had a pic of arnold and were using one of his character names, I assumed that was how you meant it. I thought you were trying to be funny too but I had no good comeback. That is why I said I do not know how to respond to this but..... I then, rudely just slapped it down for no reason because I am the enemy of fun.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
HI john did you happen to read the post,
Supercomputers let down by lack of deep thought
www.computerweekly.com...

I often I have wondered if the creator will only let is go so far with knowledge,

Now with the ability to clone
www.newsday.com...

A radical new project could permit human beings to create a "baby universe" in a laboratory in Japan.
www.casavaria.com...

Makes one wonder.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

There are more subtle ways of pushing people over the edge today. The Government, and those in authority, abuse their authority and cause stress in people's lives. Stress is the number one killer. Stress is behind nearly all psychosomatic disorders and disease. The Government causes people stress in subtle ways, and sometimes not so subtle ways. But it is still murder.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

HI john did you happen to read the post,
Supercomputers let down by lack of deep thought
www.computerweekly.com...

I often I have wondered if the creator will only let is go so far with knowledge,

Now with the ability to clone
www.newsday.com...

A radical new project could permit human beings to create a "baby universe" in a laboratory in Japan.
www.casavaria.com...

Makes one wonder.

Thanks, I will check them out. I find these fantastic claims by men to be ironic since he can't make a single living cell that can self replicate, from non living matter.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I then, rudely just slapped it down for no reason because I am the enemy of fun.

We could have fun, I'm sure.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

There are more subtle ways of pushing people over the edge today. The Government, and those in authority, abuse their authority and cause stress in people's lives. Stress is the number one killer. Stress is behind nearly all psychosomatic disorders and disease. The Government causes people stress in subtle ways, and sometimes not so subtle ways. But it is still murder.

But stress is not more evil or violent than any thing the past wrought on the masses and that is where this started isn't it? I thought you were talking about the downfall of society, "serial killers" and such. Now you are just talking about mortality rates. My boss and all the people that want money and my loved ones cause me stress and it may kill me but 500 years ago, I am willing to bet I would have been even more stressed. I would still have loved ones. I would have a boss, an owner, or be out hunting and gathering and building everything I need for myself, annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I might get rounded up to be raped or executed because someone else wants to use my land for something. I dunno, that seems a tad more stressful to me.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

I then, rudely just slapped it down for no reason because I am the enemy of fun.

are you coming onto me? I thought you were Christian, not Catholic.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Did you hear about the knife attack in the daycare yesterday? 2 children dead and one daycare worker killed. 9 people in Miami shot and killed yesterday by a depraved maniac....it's not happening once every few months anymore, it's happening daily. Even Santa Clause went to a party and Killed 8 people, shooting his own 8 yr old daughter in the face....sick...sick...sick.

Satan roams about the earth with his demons looking for sleeping deluded souls that he can seduce and use to cause murder, death, destruction.
How often do we hear: He/She was a nice polite quiet person that never bothered anyone, I just can't believe they would do something like this.

So I do my bit to wake people up so they have the whole armour of God to protect them from the whiles of the Devil.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Replying to the original post, I would say that folks should investigate as many different religions and spiritual paths as possible before drawing any conclusions.

A religion has to be considered with regard to geopolitical and cultural context.

The Christian religion is a blood cult, also a cult of personality which began as a direct spin-off of Judaism. Christianity derived from ancient, Middle Eastern Jewish tradition. If you relate well to ancient Jewish philosophy, then you should be comfortable with Christianity, but please don't suggest that others are doomed if they do not share in your comfort level.

The point is, everyone should look at religions as having been developed for certain subcultural audiences but realize that almost every religion's dogma states "this is the only way" and must be missionaried --- because that aspect of dogma is a survival ploy.

Christianity was forever Anglicized by the English court of King James. Investigate the political reasons for that. Question the motivations of the Italians who made it their state religion. Look into history to find out why the various religions were proliferated. Don't just accept something because it is all you know and all you were taught. Investigate. Expand your horizons.

Do as any good reporter and ask yourself "who, what, where, why, and how".

Many elements of Christianity operate on fear, guilt, shame, and other emotional levers. If you buy into the notion that you are bound for eternal damnation, fire breathing hell and so forth if you question the Christ story or the philosophies surrounding it, then your mind is closed off to other possibilities. This closing is what religions want so that they can perpetuate and survive. Consider that religions have dogma (propaganda) and that almost every religion has developed selfish defense mechanisms. Buy into them and you're stuck.

Don't get stuck.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

are you coming onto me? I thought you were Christian, not Catholic.

Well, a bit of pumping iron at a gym and a protien shake afterwards would be fun wouldn't it?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join