It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Mankind been Duped into Rejecting The only Redeemer?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

I think i remember jesus flipping out. Do you think you are really on his good side? Do you think sinners always get to see the nice side of understanding? Do you know the definition of "tough love"?

Humans could have accomplished so much more.. religion was the perfect tool for controlling the entire earth. The power hungry and greedy knew what they were doing. What good do you think your doing barking up the same tree.. parroting the words of a dead man, saying he has washed your sins away. Atleast i can say i tried.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

I think i remember jesus flipping out. Do you think you are really on his good side? Do you think sinners always get to see the nice side of understanding? Do you know the definition of "tough love"?

What good do you think your doing barking up the same tree.. parroting the words of a dead man, saying he has washed your sins away. Atleast i can say i tried.

Yes, It's called righteous anger. Tough Love is just an expression and everyone seems to have their own view of what tough love means, or is.
I simply view it as Love that is void of hypocritical sentimentality.

I don't think I am barking up the same tree as the religious, or parroting the words of a dead carcass. Christ is alive and sits at the right hand of the father in heaven as one of the three God fractals which are really One.

I'm trying to translate into your terminology, so bear with me.

Be kind to the ignorant and remember I love you too!!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I forgot to mention on the OP that laughter is a sign of intelligence, so a little humor is ok if we keep it light hearted and don't attack anyone.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I am somewhat of the opinion that Christ was sent by the devious (call him what you will, Im sure you would know him as satan) in order to turn people away from God.

I mean, the FIRST COMMANDMENT! No other gods before me. Yet you and all Christians worship Jesus before He, before your parents (as Jesus commanded), make graven images of him and others, the simple existence of Christianity is against God. I think worshipping god and Christianity are polar opposites, and you cannot claim both. But that is my current take, so be it!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wertdagf

I finished viewing Nassim Haramein's video. This knowledge has a positive effect on my faith because it is more evidence of a massive intelligence behind the Universe and all creation. Commonality of structure and design throughout the entire universe is predicted by the creation model.

We were created as a higher order of beings with Free will. We had one rule to follow, Just one, and failed. Materiality broke forth as a result of violating that one rule. Now we are subject to an infinate number of do's, dont's, and laws in order to survive on a material earth in our material bodies.

Sleeping people don't care about this stuff.
All they care about is their next "fix" which they don't even know is keeping them happy in their dream world. The "fix" could be their next visit to the local Pub, next Opera, next football game, next fishing trip, next adulterous affair, next double whopper, next trip south, etc. or any combination of fixes including drugs.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
I am somewhat of the opinion that Christ was sent by the devious (call him what you will, Im sure you would know him as satan) in order to turn people away from God.

I mean, the FIRST COMMANDMENT! No other gods before me. Yet you and all Christians worship Jesus before He, before your parents (as Jesus commanded), make graven images of him and others, the simple existence of Christianity is against God. I think worshipping god and Christianity are polar opposites, and you cannot claim both. But that is my current take, so be it!

If one seeks to exalt himself less, and exalt God more by seeking humilty, meekeness, patience, and Love for God and others as the foundation of his life and character, is that so devious and against your understanding of God?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I like this termanology: Quaternion transformations relate to spin
and rotation corresponding to the twistor analysis.

I can easily adapt that terminology to my observations of people who twist, spin, rotate and apply circular reasoning to the truth. I would then say that the result is a psychological "quaternion transformation" in the minds of the poor sleepers that believe it.

Like being "smeagoled" (meaning: tricked, or decieved)

[edit on 22-1-2009 by John Matrix]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Hello John and all,

I have been keeping eye on this thread, Ive enjoyed all comments and thoughts.

But I do understand where the poster is coming from in the idea that Jesus being portrayed as God can be misleading, because we are to put no one before God.

I take the lessons from Jesus as a teaching of how to live in this body. Offer myself for others to learn and see light shine.

How many of us could remain righteous while our flesh life stood on the line? Would we remain righteous and love the enemy and ask for forgiveness for them in our last breath? By placing ourselves in Christ's life, we can see how the offering of our flesh life is something the spirit of God has been doing every since this world came into being with life. The spirit offered itself to come into this matter. I think this is the Harlot that is misunderstood, the offering of the Holy Spirit coming into separation for the will of Thee.

I totally see where other people are coming from in thinking it is wrong to place Christ as a only redeemer for us to find salvation from sins. I think Christ brought us what we need but we are mis using it.

Offerings are of a will, not of a forceful nature. I see Christ offering his life to teach us something....in which God doesnt use force or fear for us to awaken. A sacrifice is a forceful thing, something that must be done. I think we are wrong in thinking that Jesus had to come and be sacrificed for sins. I think our understandings need to focus more on the offering from Christ, which shows us how to remain righteous at will....not force.

The actions of Christ show us how to remain unblemished, even when the world is wishing to kill you. I dont believe all sins are forgiving just by accepting Jesus as a savior. I think his actions showed us how to live, not a blood sacrifice for the sins of man.

Just thoughts,
LV

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Hello John and all,

I have been keeping eye on this thread, Ive enjoyed all comments and thoughts.

But I do understand where the poster is coming from in the idea that Jesus being portrayed as God can be misleading, because we are to put no one before God.

I take the lessons from Jesus as a teaching of how to live in this body. Offer myself for others to learn and see light shine.

I totally see where other people are coming from in thinking it is wrong to place Christ as a only redeemer for us to find salvation from sins. I think Christ brought us what we need but we are mis using it.

Offerings are of a will, not of a forceful nature. I see Christ offering his life to teach us something....in which God doesnt use force or fear for us to awaken. A sacrifice is a forceful thing, something that must be done. I think we are wrong in thinking that Jesus had to come and be sacrificed for sins. I think our understandings need to focus more on the offering from Christ, which shows us how to remain righteous at will....not force.

The actions of Christ show us how to remain unblemished, even when the world is wishing to kill you. I dont believe all sins are forgiving just by accepting Jesus as a savior. I think his actions showed us how to live, not a blood sacrifice for the sins of man.

Just thoughts,
LV

I agree all sins are not instantly forgiven. The power of Sin also still exists. However, the Christ has power over sin and the power to forgive. That power is made available to us who belive, so we can apply our will to live by the Spirit which is for God, or live by the soulish life, which is for the spirit of this world.

When we see Jesus as the Christ of God, being the Divine Nature incarnate, and we grasp exactly what the Divine Nature and Character of Christ and God is, and seek those elements to be the ground for our own character, then we are truly following the right Christ. I believe it takes more than simply knowing or professing the name of Jesus or Christ to be saved. Cereal killers profess Jesus as being the Christ and Son of God, so where does that leave us? Therefore, we must look past all the physical imagery to escape all of our imaginations and delusions concerning who we are to worship, and Look to the Divine Nature of Christ and God for the answer.

And the answer is so plain and simple that a child can understand.

Humility, Meekness, Patience and Love for God and Love for mankind is what the Divine Nature of Christ consists of, and it is in those elements of Divine characteristics and virtues that we find our spiritual rebirth, forgiveness, redemption, salvation, illumination, enlightenment, transformation, etc. By simply turning one's will, with as little faith as a mustard seed, to those Divine Virtues of God's Nature and Character, and desiring with all your heart to be governed by them, you are turning from all that you are from the Fall, to all that God is and desires from us. We are made partakers of the Divine Nature of God, and there is no other way of partaking of the Divine Nature, than to seek to have your heart governed by those very elements which constitute the Christ of God, which once again, is Humility, Meekness, Patience, and Love for God and all mankind. In this there is no religion, only a personal relationship between you and God, which no one can argue successfully against, nor deny you.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
God clearly states that he will only be appearing to man in the form he took on the mountain, he clearly states not to take false idols, he clearly says not to draw pictures of heavenly things, clearly says to beware of evil people pretending to be holy...

Yet people still think the Vatican is holy and jesus is the son of god.

???

I will enjoy every second of hell if Jesus is there too, burning for being a false idol

Of course the concept of heaven / hell is so contradictory that i don't think it's possible but still...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
God clearly states that he will only be appearing to man in the form he took on the mountain,

That is His second coming. However, He is revealed in the heart and mind of each believer through a rebirth of the Spirit, and He does make us partakers of the Divine Nature.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I never really understood the rebirth of the spirit.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by cancerian42]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42

Well heres my logical explination....

Each one of us throught our lives reach things called epifanys(sp?) those experiances are things that KILL who we once were... in that understanding everything we are is passed throught the new information.

I would say that understanding we are all a product of our place in this reality is something that forever changes your understanding of what you know and why you know it, what others know and how they came to know it. How can you really damn somone whos path in reality never gave them information that you gained, wether it be through suffering or anothers help.

A single sentance.... a wispered word. These things can change the way people veiw the whole world. Those peices of understanding are little rebirths.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Simply put, I see it as a germintatiing process. A seed remains dry and lifeless indefinately until it gets put into soil, receives water, warmth, and light. Then a new birth sprouts forth from it.

So we have this Spiritual seed inside of us that is a remnant of the Spirit we once had before the Fall of Adam. It is lifeless until our will turns to the Divine Nature of God by accepting Christ as our Lord and Savior. We renounce the self life and live for the Spirit of God which stengthens our Spirit and works with our Spirit to cleanse the heart, mind and soul of the old sin nature as we mature with this new life and new nature of the Spirit.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I could fit your explanation into mine quite easily.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Anyone notice my new avatar?

Ahhh....fishing for complements you are!

Well, a little vain......maybe.

But flattery will get you nowhere.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix

Simply put, I see it as a germintatiing process. A seed remains dry and lifeless indefinately until it gets put into soil, receives water, warmth, and light. Then a new birth sprouts forth from it.

So we have this Spiritual seed inside of us that is a remnant of the Spirit we once had before the Fall of Adam. It is lifeless until our will turns to the Divine Nature of God by accepting Christ as our Lord and Savior. We renounce the self life and live for the Spirit of God which stengthens our Spirit and works with our Spirit to cleanse the heart, mind and soul of the old sin nature as we mature with this new life and new nature of the Spirit.

I explain and define... you parrot words with many meanings. Surely everyone who reads these can see who understands and who doesnt.

Anyone else want real explinations for anything else?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I would like a different explanation. I accept neither, even though they are basically the same thing with different words.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I think I understand and put it into easy and plain language. I see yours as more head knowledge and mine as more heart knowledge.

I don't see myself as parroting, as in the ratta-tat-tat quoting of scriptures to explain everything....although I could. I thought I was being a bit more original.

You know what I mean and you know I am right.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I would like a different explanation. I accept neither, even though they are basically the same thing with different words.

What part do you not understand?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join