It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destiny vs. Free Will

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ok. Now trying to understand what you are getting at here, your saying math defines everything. Your Fate, Destiny, all your choices you make in life, all of it is defined by math?

Math is saying "Hey, do this!!"? Ok, that kewl.... math is the maker then?

I cant see this. To me, math is a tool used to understand things. It is a tool, thats all it is, an extension of our minds to gain more knowledge. We dont need math to understand more, we just decide to use it anyway. Like you use your car to get to work, you dont need it, its a tool, you can simply walk to work.

rekar

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rekar

No nooo not what im saying!!

please im trying my best here..

maths is a reflection of OUR understanding

Maths is like looking in the mirror at who we are "understanding"

Its just one path .. but its our path.. for now.

Maths is just our understanding of life "messure it" calculate it" ect..

I think there is something more than maths.. and mathmatics is just one level "dimension" of understand who and what we are about..

Like i siad befor i dont care about god.. ill leave that to him i dont care about the start of life or the end of it or what comes next..

I do care to understand tho.. understand me..

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by theresult

Originally posted by redled

Originally posted by theresult
reply to post by redled

spout crap? what crap am i spouting?

Do you not like the fact i prove others wrong using stupid maths?

sorry to offend you sir

the world is flat keep walking im sure you will fall off...

do you see what im saying here?

Yeah, I'll keep on walking until I curl round the globe of the world. You think maths is stupid, I look at practitioners like you. I'm not offended any more I was a few posts back, but you sure will never end up in the final reckoning, unless it is your judgement.

I know maths is stupid becouse we still ask stupid questions...

You prove im right not me.. Im just showing you the proof..

its not my fault one can not accept he is flawed.. based on maths.. that is flawed..

How can you ask a question you do not know you you are asking??

Thats the question here.. with maths you have paramaters like i said befor.. and if you can prove me wrong instead of going in loops then im happy to debate you

Well if a whole body of thought can be brought down by idiotic questions by you that did not even engage. You are 'London Cool' you do not engage, are sanctimonious and have more knowldege than people who have studied. But that's not cool to say. # the London Scene. (They'll fogive me because they are maggots and they can't charchter assinate me right now, that was tried a few months ago. Zeig Heil to the London second rate cool.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So, Is our destiny to understand beyond the fundamentals of math? Are we not already past that level, A higher level of consciousness? A higher Level of being? Is this not the overall path of the human race, to ascend to a higher level of being, a higher understanding of it all?

It is time for me to head to bed for now, but I will be back, hehe.. looking forward to future posts,

Rekar

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

OOkkk i did try to read that but i gave up after the london massive thing

Look im just showing people maths.. is it wrong YES is it right YES

you are shooting me down becouse i provie proof? based in your very sanity.. the pc you use the bank account you use..Its all maths..

Sure we dont know stuff and why? becouse we cant get past maths.. so flip your top and flame me..

Ill just hit you on the head with life and being a kid learning about geomitry and symmetry..

its alll basic and tbh i could rip into you but i wont becouse you know the answer to your own question..right?

tsk

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rekar
So, Is our destiny to understand beyond the fundamentals of math? Are we not already past that level, A higher level of consciousness? A higher Level of being? Is this not the overall path of the human race, to ascend to a higher level of being, a higher understanding of it all?

It is time for me to head to bed for now, but I will be back, hehe.. looking forward to future posts,

Rekar

Society is built on levels. Maths is one such consruct. Sweet dreams.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

can I ask you a question then?

I'm no mathematician - I suck at math - so be patient

but, I think (think) I understand what you're saying - I want to understand what you're saying

math, maybe, is like throwing paint on the invisible man?

you can't really see him, but at least you can tell where he is

math is the only thing we know that will help explain the universe - but there's more to it than we can see - something that can be explained with another tool - a tool we don't recognize yet?

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rekar

yes it is our job to pass maths.. its evolution..

Look at life.. in all its glory.. forget god forget the question why..

Look at it? coz right now thats all we do LOOK at it.. Try to understand "it"..

I use maths for a very good reason .. It make us who we are and what we understand is maths...

It can not be debunked EVER but it can be REPLACED.. by something more higher and smarter..

If you had a choice to chop down a tree would you use a axe or would you use a chainsaw??

we use the axe "maths" aliens if they are real "i think they are" use a chainsaw to chop down the universe...

its just a tooool!! We are not bound by maths.. its just a thought..

we have the key to the door but its your choice to open it / walk thru " took that from the matrix"

Dont be blinded by maths.. its a joke men play on other men to keep them in a that loop "the call the matrix" if you want..

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

YES!! jeez

thats what im trying to say ! its just a toool

I mean ok i sound nuts oh maths is just a tool "aka spanner"

its just how we see things.. in life. i use to see maths as a tool to understand what im in.. but now i use maths to understand maths..

Why not use it? its got us this far? and why not question what it is as a form..

If you program a computer.. you first need a reason.. then you set out paramaters for the programm..

its the same thing with humans and maths.. we are programmed to understand maths.. but maths itself is a reflection of who we are.. ie

1 / 0 .. Once we see past the loop of maths we see a biger picture

Read about DNA and mathmatics

A dna is a "strand" and is capped" at both ends.. we map the acids ect to understand the code using maths..

We are trying to do the same thing on a BIG spirtutal level ...

We are mapping the universe and the genome AT THE SAME TIME..

sounds odd? nope sounds very mathmaticall..

maths will give you any answer you want it to becouse your asking the question..

thats why i hate maths..and love it at the same time

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

:-)

thats why i hate maths..and love it at the same time

I feel the same way about art

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Re: Maths.

I remeber some chishna tell me that he had proved that anti matter did not exist. Because it interacted with matter and so in the 'philospical' sense it could not be matter. I don't suppose that you anti maths lot realise it interacts with maths, but hey.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I just want people to understand maths is just a fad..

its a fad of the human nature and something will replace it in good time..

maybe that is our awakening.. that maths is just one side of coin.. problem is we are on the same side as maths..

Think outside the box i was always told.. so now i am and my box was maths not i look at maths and its not a box infact its not even a shape..

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by redled

ye confused maths with being..

very stupid guru

Infact let me sort this out "AGAIN"

What Mr guru is saying is BECOUSE i use maths as my took there can be no AINTI maths becouse i use maths.. thats PI..

its just like the matrix film.. please step away from this line of thought

Escape the stupid looop nonsens of maths.. I use maths to show how STUPID IT IS INFACT..

do you see my point? I Know maths is a load of tripe.. and i use it to prove that infact maths is a load of tripe.. "based on its logical thought / useage"

Can you calculate why you are here? NO...

Can you calculate god..? NO

why? becouse MATHS is not the right TOOOOL to use to ask the question

how simple can i make that? or am i lost here in a loop ? "i think so" lol

[edit on 5-1-2009 by theresult]

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

just my luck - a fad

it'll stop being popular before I even learn how to use it

good night theresult - I'll check out a couple of your threads later

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

nps and goodnight

I didnt just dream this all up ... im very much normal like the next joe blogs ..

I read everything you do "ok not all but stuff",

My english aint so hot so i kinda get slated for that.. but my understanding of the mathamatical part of being human has took me over 20 years..

So i love to talk and debate brains on it.. most talk rubbish and want to start showing u lots of numbers and desimal points!! woo i cant even spell that.lol

Maybe im a freak ? i cant spell and i have crap grammer but maths and its understanding is a river that flows very easy in my brain...

If my war was against maths my tool would be maths..

thats how look at it.. I use maths ON maths..

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
My take on it is this. We have a life path which has predetermined life lessons for our souls but we have complete & utter free will to learn these lessons.
We have life altering experiences, some good, some bad & it's how we handle these situations for our souls to be able to learn from them.

For example, most of us have a psychological fear of something whether it be afraid of heights, afraid of spiders, social anxieties etc..
Now what you find is that life will put us in situations where we are faced with what we fear, now you can face your fear at this point or run from it.
If you run from it, you more often than not will find yourself in situation where this fear will be realised once more, that is unless you become irrational with the fear & avoid situations where the fear can manifest itself.
This continues until you isolate yourself from it or you understand why you have an irrational fear & resolve it completely.

We also have amazing talents within us all which IMO are predetermined before we are born, a lot of us never use our talents & sometimes aren't even aware of them.
I'm sure we have all been drawn to certain things throughout our lives, for me personally it's been motor racing or anything high speed & technical. When I was a kid my careers advisor asked me what I wanted to be when I was an adult & it was to be a fighter pilot.
Now as an adult I have recognised the skills I have & they are consistent with a fighter pilot, I have lightning reflexes, great spacial awareness, a very quick brain, good judgement of speed & angles.
I think I would have been a very competent fighter pilot had I chosen that path. My point being is that I was drawn to a profession at a very young age that was perfectly suited to my talents.
I chose to go down a different and easier path but one that also has built me a very healthy career & utilises my talents in a different manner.
But I still have a strong desire to do something high speed & technical which is why I'm now checking out what's required to become a pro racing driver.

So I believe we have both free will & destiny, it's just that we might exercise free will & lose destiny or vice versa. And there will always be obstacles to overcome because that's how it works, in order to fulfil your destiny you need to overcome personal obstacles for which your life path has chosen to give you.
If we don't overcome them then we get another chance to overcome them in the next life & so on until we have learnt all the lessons of life.
Then we return home for the next universal game.

I did have a lot more to say regarding this but it's late & i have an early morning.
Good post OP.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rekar

hehe good questions.. maths is a collective reality or you would be sat here talking to me..

you are missing some things..

Maths is our collective understanding of life" ufos , going to the moon., going to mars)

You see my point? Im just here to say there is more to life than our mathamatical logcialness..

and maths proves it.. NOT ME maths...

the very thing that makes us think of aliens and god is the very same tool we use on our tom toms...

or woud you like the mathamatical proof behinde gps systems???

you cant debunk what im telling you becouse its the fiber of your being..

im just point it out,,,

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I think we have one destiny with multiple paths created by you which is a slight variation to what has been said so far.

I know this because of being in love.

I loved someone really hard and really wished, prayed, and hoped to be with this person. He wasnt the best towards me but we were soulmates, we had ESP with each other and passion beyond belief but no matter how hard I wished and tried it didnt work out. He didnt want me. Now the power of intention and movies like "The Secret" come into play. The Laws of attraction did not apply here. After he and I broke up I was devastated. I did not want another man. I swore I would never love again unless it was him because, in my mind, he was so perfect for me that if it wasnt him I just knew in my heart I was destined to be alone. I cried and cried and reflected on him and what went wrong. I wrote a list of all the things I wanted and in a man. It ended up having over 500 things in it. I was extremely specific in my requests so that I would know when I found this guy. I folded it up and put it in a box.

10 months and (purposefully no dates later) I met a guy who was attractive and who told me as soon as I met him that we would be married. I thought he was just nuts. As I got to know him, I began to let my walls down. he was the most loving and thoughtful person ever. He was genuine.

Although I was still in love with my ex. I thought I should move on because he had only flirted and played with my emotions up to this point but no promises of resuming our relationship.

Eventually, I told the new guy about how I still felt for my ex and he told me not to worry that he would wait for me to come around. 1 year later, we moved in together after he gave me a ring. During the move I found my "list" my husband had 99% of the things on the list. It was amazing. I knew then I had somehow ended up in the right place.

Then the 1% that was missing he has changed them on his own (i.e. I didnt want a man with long hair and he cut it, I wanted a man who had his Master's degree, he went back to school etc) with NO KNOWLEDGE of the list. It is so crazy. Now I am married to someone who is the most wonderful man in the world.

I cant explain how this all fits but was it possible that it was my destiny to be heartbroken so that I could "create" the reality of my husband? He was my destiny.

My husband says that from the moment he saw me he "knew" I was his wife and that is why he said what he said. I would like to believe that he is telling the truth although it just may be romantic "game" he was playing.

From time to time I still feel like things are not over with my ex in a way that I cannot explain. Not in a "cheat on my husband" sense but in some other way. It will be interesting to see how that aspect plays out if, at ,in my destiny.

I am still trying to figure it all out.
If there are any takers, I am all ears.

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Math is not our collective knowledge of anything, its a tool to help understand unknowns. 1+1 is a concept, based on this system of math. Math can be used for many things, but like I said, it is NOT required for anything but we use it.

Maybe I dont understand what you are trying to say because Im in a higher level of consciousness, and lack the ability to think so low, I dont know, and maybe you over use and dont understand math at face value. Math is nothing more than what you get from it at face value, that determines your whole view on math.

rekar

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rekar

Think of it this way - you're destined to be something, and it's your free will that lets you choose how you become it.

Like rivers leading to the same sea, you choose which river you want to take.

[edit on Tue Jan 6th 2009 by DJMessiah]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join