It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Destiny vs. Free Will

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by rekar

I have to think that both are right. We do not have an ultimate "destiny" in that our lives are completely planned out before we are born, and we do have "free will, and promised in the bible, and reflected in the Constitution. I do thing that certain events ate destined, but free will is always present. Life is about learning from our mistakes, some learn, some do not. This is evident in multiple DUI arrests. I don't really think one can decide on one, and discount the other. Just my opinion.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
lol im still standing by my statement that there is no free will. and no destiny... your life may seem its what you make it but your being controlled the whole way... and thats not destiny cause destiny doesnt change with the stock market. it goes up, it seems like free will but it drops someone says we are bout due for a depression... it doesnt matter its CONTROLLED.. why dont we all become Commies!! that will solve a lot of problems... the only downfall is people are greedy so it wouldnt actually work... damn human nature... i got a better idea actually.. elect Bill Gates for Supreme Ruler of the Stock market!

you know.. sometimes i just dont make any sense what so ever...

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Today is yesterday's future. Since only one future can actually occur for each of us, there is no possibility for multiple destinies. Only one destiny can really happen.

It's like walking down a path with many forks. You can only take one fork at a time. The ultimate route you take is the only one possible because that's the one you took.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jped62
Today is yesterday's future. Since only one future can actually occur for each of us, there is no possibility for multiple destinies. Only one destiny can really happen.

It's like walking down a path with many forks. You can only take one fork at a time. The ultimate route you take is the only one possible because that's the one you took.

forks... no matter what you always look back though... wondering what could have been on the other road.. i do that daily. guess ill never know. on a random note... i read the please avoid message at the bottom.. makes me want to go back and check for any txt short hands or "lols" or "roflmas" wonder if there is any

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jped62

You are correct.

Lots of people cannot fathom this despite an answer.

Difference between walking a path and knowing one.

Cheers

[edit on 11-1-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   
true.. very true. sometimes i wish i knew what i was gonna do before i did it.. but meh... i fly by the seat of my pants most of the time. hardly ever make plans. so i guess thats as close to free will as id ever get cause what i really want to do(which icant discuss) i cant do because its very illegal...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join