It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush pardons himself

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Lets say Bush is a war criminal. Obama would just pardon him. If other countries want to try him as a war criminal do you really think that Obama would hand him over to another country?

We dropped 2 atomic bombs on Japan that killed thousands of civilian lives and ruined millions more. Wouldn't that have been constituted as a war crime against humanity? Yet there wasn't a cry for a trial against that president.

Bottom line, Presidents will protect Presidents. If Obama doesn't protect Bush from any charges then the backlash would be felt for a very long time. The next President(if republican) would find something to charge Obama with and the next democrat president would do the same and so on and so on.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I would be upset if it wasn't so perdictable. Give someone the power to sit over congress and pass acts without their consent and then give them the ability to pardon ANYONE (to include themself). Come on!

THIS is the politics I signed my life to defend...
THIS is the leaders of the nation myself and others have bled for.
THIS has officially reached the rediculous stage.

What a lousey attempt to wash the blood stains from his hands on the way out.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jkd Up

What a lousey attempt to wash the blood stains from his hands on the way out.

He isn't trying to wash the blood off his hands, he's wiping them off in our faces . . . if the system allows for there to be absolutely no accountablity for one's actions, how can anarchy not be the next best step?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I feel that bush has acted on this idea.

Lets not ask for permission but lets ask for forgiveness. It makes our actions a lot easier to do.

But he is not asking the people for forgiveness he is forgiving him self.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Lol of course he can pardon himself, and anyone he wishes. He is the head of the government, and they look out for themselves, and mostly only themselves.

They get the fattest paychecks, the best living style and can even on most occasions avoid jail-time and etc for any wrongs, for a minor fine, and no record of criminal activity.

Its almost exactly like how alot of websites state "If this product/etc damages your computer/system it is not our fault, but yours for using our software/etc'.

Why the heck would someone who is in such a red light about situations (I.E Iraq and WMD anyone?)... Its just a pure simplistic get out of jail free card.

The actual fact is that these rules really only apply in the USA and any supporting country/etc anyway.

He isn't exactly going to be taking a trip to Iraq any time soon anyway so he will get off scot(+t?) free. He will always be hailed as a hero, for he was a 'president' and world will remember him as one in 100 or more years just like Lincoln and etc. He was 'THAT' guy who helped the USA with their "Fight On Terrorism!"...

The future could be glum, or bright, but whatever the case is, he is safe and need not be accountable for any actions he may have stated on camera.

EDIT: What I meant was that this rule (I forget the term, im Aussie, and congress/etc is wrolds apart from our Government system etc) would only really apply in the USA.

By the way. Who is Osama Bin Laden. Is he some magical person who can bomb towers, destroy thousands of enemy soldiers and disappear into thin air?

Ever since the Osama Bin Laden 7/11 fabrication, we have been told on TV to fear these people... They for a living love to strap bombs onto themselves and blow up civilians. Its a war!, and on TERROR!.

The newspapers print these terror tactics day by day, and even call those bali bombers the 'smiling assassins', yet while they may be bad, and I will for the sake of the poor innocents who were involved in it, offer them huge pain filled condolences...

I honestly only saw the exact SAME pictures, all of them smiling.... Not one single one of them acting normal and not smiling. I honestly know of no one that can smile 24/7, yet whether they were guilty or just programmed to do it is a different matter.

Its just way too easy to manipulate humans. We are at the mercy of the media (And honestly if you got the power, why wouldn't you use the TV, radio to control people?).

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Aoxoa]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Presidents can pardon anyone for anything. Clinton signed like 700 pardons the day before he left office. There is precedence for this and it cannot be undone!.

Correct. A pardon is not reversable, and a person can simply walk away untouched.

The video talks about "immunity" which is similar but slightly different from a full pardon. There are different types of immunity, and they can be very limited.

For example, if you are given "prosecutorial immunity" can take it away from someone if they don't cooperate. The main purpose of that type of immunity is to give someone a complete pass, so that they will cooperate with an investigation. If you don't cooperate fully, you lose your immunity.

If you have prosecutorial immunity, you generally cannot exercise your fifth amendment rights not to incriminate yourself with your own testimony, or you will lose that immunity.

Another type of immunity is "amnesty", which is probably what Congress is considering. Amnesty is limited to the United States, and George Bush could still be prosecuted under international law.

#

I wonder if it wouldn't be better for Obama to pardon Bush, and just end this discussion completely? A lot of people will object to this idea, but I am favor of moving on completely after Obama assumes the presidency.

I would be extremely disappointed if we wasted any time on Bush after he left office ASSUMING there is no horrible revelation still to come.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

It's impossible. You can't pursue someone (Saddam) for war crimes and then pardon yourself for your own war crimes.

If other nations ignore this and don't pursue Bush, I'll be so ashamed of being apart of this world.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrRviewer
Bush isn't that bright so i guess its good his puppet masters are cleaning up for him.They sure do pack some wild stuff into these bills at Washington.
nice find

You know, I think Bush was the most retarded of all presidents to date... but what IF that's all a charade? What if he's some kind of genius, but he's figured out that if he acts retarded he'll keep the expectations low?

Baah, it's easier to believe that he's a puppet. But what if?

Screw impeachment, we should hang his @$$.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Can anyone help me find a post that was added to ATS concerning 10 laws that were passed to "control the world"? This would have been posted about two or three months ago. From what I can vaguely remember, there was a link to youtube, and each law was typed in white letters on a black background (using the Windows Movie Maker program). Sorry for the lack of detail, but I've found the video (and the youtube account holder), was deleted by youtube/google. As well, is anyone concerned with the fact that Google is the custom search engine for this website? Google is pretty much working for the government.

Thanks for your help, if you can offer it.

S_R_H_N_A

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdswetty
reply to post by Clearskies

It's impossible. You can't pursue someone (Saddam) for war crimes and then pardon yourself for your own war crimes.

If other nations ignore this and don't pursue Bush, I'll be so ashamed of being apart of this world.

I AM IN NO WAY, excusing torture and such, I didn't like Saddam or what I heard about at Abu Graib,(There was WAY worse stuff than putting underwear on people's heads and taking naked pictures)!

I was looking towards the future of added orders, amendments, etc,....
I think we daclared
'war on terror' a nebulous title, instead of war on Iraq, to get around the Geneva convention, don't you?

Prosecute ALL TORTURERS and people that kill children.
In a war there may be accidents, but, I knew a sniper from the first gulf war and he said he had to target women and children ON PURPOSE!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I just love the outrage of the ignorant, and of those that blame the U.S. President for everything.

The CONGRESS has to pass all laws, bills, etc. The Congress of the United States is completely controlled by members of the Democratic Party, not the Republicans. So, if a "pardon" were to be passed by the Congress, it would have been done by the Democrats, and NOT by the President.

But, in fact, this is no pardon. A pardon is issued by the President, not by an act of Congress. It is absolute, nobody can appeal a pardon, and they can not be overturned by anyone. Look at President Clinton's pardons of several major criminals that had contributed to his campaigns for a perfect example.

There is NO LIMITATION on a Presidents ability to pardon anyone, for any reason. So, if President Bush wanted to pardon anyone, he does not require an act of Co ngress to do so.

You ignorant fools amaze me. You take a blatantly political diatribe from CNN, and run with it as if it actually meant something.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The only things we here on earth observed on 9-11 and the following years, was cowardace, and genocidal madness, disguised by a sanitizing suit of greed and ignorance towards the correct, in rebellion they all bring the world into the selfish hell they have attached their insanity to, and then curse others with this.

That is all governments and those who back them become, fodder. They pray to a God that has already told them that he thinks their inability to fully reject human governance or a disguised human governance, meaning religion, or government is flawed and therefor useless. All I know is this: i was born naked, and given a planet which renews that which sustains me.

I see men in folly of greed and narrow thoughts, using this for the mechanics of their own perversions. This is why evil men exist, they are literally lost in mind and battle with sanity because they abuse there own.

also, God understands why they do. And knows exactly how to make them open their eyes if they could, but their like sharks.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by mastermind77]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well, that's what they say....

"IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING"

Just be happy like everyone else he is out of office and wish the next guy here good luck... he's going to need it.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Bush's self-pardon is only applicable within the borders of the United States. Should he travel outside of those borders, he immediately loses that immunity.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Well he's washing his hands of literaly everything he has done or will do during his term.Do i believe this is possible? Yes. Why? Because there are far worse laws and bills that have been passed during his administration.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tiso_us

This guy on you-tube with the truth-tv helmet on is a Over-paranoid, whack job. Who is in dire need of medication..R.C
ZERO CREDIBILITY

[edit on 14-11-2008 by drummerroy39]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrRviewer
Bush isn't that bright so i guess its good his puppet masters are cleaning up for him.They sure do pack some wild stuff into these bills at Washington.
nice find

So he isnt that bright?
But he is bright enough to orchestrate 9/11?
Which is it? Is he smart or not, you people cant have it both ways, at least be consistent. Either hes a very intelligent person who is capable of pulling the wool over everyones eyes and orchestrated the largest conspiracy known in modern times. Or hes dumb as a box of rocks. Which one is it people?

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
djiin.files.wordpress.com...

[edit on 14-11-2008 by all2human]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
In a war there may be accidents, but, I knew a sniper from the first gulf war and he said he had to target women and children ON PURPOSE!

This "government" excels at creating "accidents".

If you know of a sniper that was ordered to target non-combatents, I implore you to ask this individual to come forward. It is his/her responsibility to come forward and let the public know.

Our MSM has functioned to turn our people into mushrooms -- and only superhuman effort will reverse the damage that has been done. That superhuman effort has to come from *us*. Will you do your part to help create an informed electorate?

Troopers from the Korean war have come forward 50 years later admitting that they murdered unarmed civilians at No Gun Ri. Will your friend keep this government's crimes secret from the public for another 50 years? If so, he may be a "good soldier" -- but -- he's just part of the problem.

We really need to keep this issue in the public eye for as long as possible. Have you starred and flagged this thread yet?

[edit on 11/14/2008 by anonymousATS]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
HERE'S the problem with that snip.....its dated September 7, 2007 when it was first posted. Well, did it pass? That was over a year ago.

PG

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join