It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush pardons himself

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Bush pardons himself

www.youtube.com

President Bush pardon's himself against potential warcrimes
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 14-11-2008 by all2human]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I cannot even fathom the unmitigated gaul that this administration has exhibited over the last 7 years. How is it possible that this gets a pass? There is only one word for such a disgrace: No MF'in Way.JDLM
what is with protection from all these "war crimes" ? they must know something we don't know.
Can the blatant, evil corruption be more transparent in government?

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
If you missed it

[edit on 14-11-2008 by all2human]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Bush isn't that bright so i guess its good his puppet masters are cleaning up for him.They sure do pack some wild stuff into these bills at Washington.
nice find

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Will this roll over into the Obama administration?
How many presidential orders were ever done away with by the new president?
Kind of like a downward spiral!

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Can he even do this?

Not that it really matters. In cases of potential war crimes involving US administrations (and there have been plenty) how many high ranking decision makers, have even been indicted let alone convicted?

0, that's how many...

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Presidents can pardon anyone for anything. Clinton signed like 700 pardons the day before he left office. There is precedence for this and it cannot be undone!. He has managed to outsmart all of you who hate him and I bet he's smiling ear to ear...if any if this thats published is true!!!LOL

Zindo

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
not to be mean, but there are at least 2 other, and more informative threads on this topic right now, one is still quite active as a matter of fact. this issue deserves all the attention it can get however, so i don't think it should be closed, because obviously there are others who still haven't heard about it, BUT i encourage everyone who reads this one and posts here to read the others and post on them as well, because they ARE more informative and more active. I will find the links and edit this post with them soon. also: Yes he can do this...he did. And the bad thing is obama could have undone it if it had happened after the election from what i understand, but it was actually passed a month or two ago. the clause for this in particular was buried DEEP within a bill about security. i wish i knew the exacts, i will be getting back to ya'll on that.
here's a few links, but not the best ones i was looking for, i will keep looking.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...&colorshift=yes
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Nov, 13 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I think I just puked in my mouth a little. Words escape me. Justice does not exist in the United States. Not an ounce of it.

Ugh.

My thoughts about this... my feelings... I'm afraid to express them. Not here. Not in this America. Not anymore.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Hopefully someone can explain this a little better, but I just dont get how you can pardon yourself (or anyone) for 'potential' crimes. Either a crime has been comitted and all has come to light and he has been appropriatey punished, or he is innocent. If he had committed the crime he should have been impeached along time ago therefore not in a position to issue any pardons.
In doing this, he is already admitting he has done wrong and has gotten away with it and this is little more and thumbing his nose at the world!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
So where's all your freedom over there? Where are your rights? Where is your representation? Do you know why you don't have any? Because you sat back and let it slip away through apathy, sloth and self-centricism. What I'm trying to tell you is DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT NOW!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more. I am very concerned about the morale of the country.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

to get anything done would require people meeting in real life enviroments to discuss and protest, not discussing it online. the internet forum has done much good in letting us discuss these things in real time with the whole world, but if the internet had been around in the 60's....those times would have been much less successful at changing things. it WAS successful for a time, there were moments when the powers that be were quite scared that they were losing their grasp of control, but as long as we sit here discussing it in this manner, we are right where they want us, on our arse.

also, please don't make the mistake of doing a "call to arms" thread about overthrowing the vountry or the like of, it's been frowned on and could get you in trouble with the mods.

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Enigma Publius]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Just wondering about the OP how is this breaking news this broadcast was over a year ago....

Anyways VIKINGANT, Bush cannot and shouldn't be able to pardon himself.
Alexander Hamilton once wrote and believed in Federalist no. 74.

He is also to be authorized to grant "reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, EXCEPT IN CASES OF IMPEACHMENT." Humanity and good policy conspire to dictate, that the benign prerogative of pardoning should be as little as possible fettered or embarrassed. The criminal code of every country partakes so much of necessary severity, that without an easy access to exceptions in favor of unfortunate guilt, justice would wear a countenance too sanguinary and cruel. As the sense of responsibility is always strongest, in proportion as it is undivided, it may be inferred that a single man would be most ready to attend to the force of those motives which might plead for a mitigation of the rigor of the law, and least apt to yield to considerations which were calculated to shelter a fit object of its vengeance. The reflection that the fate of a fellow-creature depended on his sole fiat, would naturally inspire scrupulousness and caution; the dread of being accused of weakness or connivance, would beget equal circumspection, though of a different kind. On the other hand, as men generally derive confidence from their numbers, they might often encourage each other in an act of obduracy, and might be less sensible to the apprehension of suspicion or censure for an injudicious or affected clemency. On these accounts, one man appears to be a more eligible dispenser of the mercy of government, than a body of men.

Focus on the part on the fate of a "fellow creature", Bush pardoning himself wouldn't be a fellow creature. A fellow creature justifies someone else.

I shall not deny that there are strong reasons to be assigned for requiring in this particular the concurrence of that body or of a part of it. As treason is a crime leveled at the immediate being of the society when the laws have once ascertained the guilt of the offender, there seems a fitness in referring the expediency of an act of mercy towards him to the judgment of the legislature.

Bush has been found guilty of something? Wow must have missed that huh?
Sorry President Bush, you cannot pardon a crime you haven't been convicted of yet.

In every such case, we might expect to see the representation of the people tainted with the same spirit which had given birth to the offense. And when parties were pretty equally matched, the secret sympathy of the friends and favorers of the condemned person, availing itself of the good-nature and weakness of others, might frequently bestow impunity where the terror of an example was necessary.

Once again he hasn't been condemned for any crime.

President Bush is abusing the powers bestowed upon him by our forefathers. I doubt they created this clause in the constitution to be used for self and preemptive pardons. It's a travesty that he is able to do this and the public passes it off as a justifiable act.

Source
-Ign0raNt

[edit on 14-11-2008 by Ign0rant]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I am not suprised in the least at this report. Nothing else Bush does will suprise me, he is evil, his cabinet is evil, and Dick Cheney is the most evil of all, when they no longer have a position in our government things will change, and only then.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
"Bush Pardons himself of war crimes.”

I think there is a ghost here because when I read that title I swear something punched me in the stomach.

I know this has been done before, but for some reason I can never seem to acquire a taste for 100% pure
un-distilled ARROGANCE.

This guy should not just be charged for war crimes but also for allowing raw sewage to poor from his mouth into my ears, and not to mention for pissing -me- off.

Ohhhh Gosh It hurts!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The only thing I'm wondering(conspiracies aside) no where in the constitution does it say congress can exonnerate someone from a crime. That's the powers of the President, and he can't Pardon himself(just everyone around him).

Even if congress did pardon Bush through the law, a newer congress could over ride it.

Plus it's not like they arn't other things that can be stuck to this administration. Just look at the articles of Impeachment Kucinich proposed.

Makes you wonder though, what is he scared of? I know their have been reports on MSM that intelligence whistle blowers are going to go crazy January 20th.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I agree with you.

However didn’t you hear? Bush can spark lollypops and candy canes into existence with the snap of a finger, and everyone knows his executive orders and other wide ranging shenanigans are just magically delicious as hell.

This guy takes “thuggary” to a whole new level.
My God I can smell him from here!

PS: (My Rant )
I’m going to take a chill pill

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Hey buddy..Being that you one of my esteemed colleagues Im sure you are glad to see his punk butt leave and good riddence to DICK Cheney and goodbye to Halliburton, Maybe Halliburton will put all the money they bilked out of the tax payers back into the economy and save the atuoworkers from losing their job right at the beginning of the holidays....

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

If only we could get rid of BlackWater, and others like them, that'd be a dream come true. I'd rather have a draft than rely on mercs.

Not to derail the topic, but you know there used to be laws in this country against war profiteering? That's definately somebody in power should look into, but won't.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Impeachment should be pursued immediately! In order for justice to prevail, all these crooks should be thrown into JAIL! cs

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join