It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush pardons himself

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BluegrassRevolutionary

Not to mention it was 140 pardons in january of 2001, not the 700 he boasted.

www.usdoj.gov...
A lot of them have to do with the importation and distribution of Cocaine. and you know what they say about coc aine? Can't spell it without CIA.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
:cough:
Violations of the Geneva Convention which is essentially law, it was passed by congress you know. We prosecuted the Japanese for water boarding 50+ years ago, just because you add the T word doesn't justift pooey.

Article XIV Misprision of a Felony, Misuse and Exposure of Classified Information And Obstruction of Justice in the Matter of Valerie Plame Wilson, Clandestine Agent of the Central Intelligence Agency

Article XV Providing Immunity from Prosecution for Criminal Contractors in Iraq
Article XVII
Illegal Detention: Detaining Indefinitely And Without Charge Persons Both U.S. Citizens and Foreign Captives

Article XVIII
Torture: Secretly Authorizing, and Encouraging the Use of Torture Against Captives in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Other Places, as a Matter of Official Policy

Article XIX
Rendition: Kidnapping People and Taking Them Against Their Will to "Black Sites" Located in Other Nations, Including Nations Known to Practice Torture

Article XX
Imprisoning Children

Article XXI
Misleading Congress and the American People About Threats from Iran, and Supporting Terrorist Organizations Within Iran, With the Goal of Overthrowing the Iranian Government

Article XXII
Creating Secret Laws

Article XXIII
Violation of the Posse Comitatus Act

Article XXIV
Spying on American Citizens, Without a Court-Ordered Warrant, in Violation of the Law and the Fourth Amendment

There's plenty more, but if you'd like to read more about it and deny ignorance(doubtful).
kucinich.house.gov...
There's all the documentation.

Also to the person above that couldn't post the youtube link.
See where it says =? You're supposed to put fJPoV5zJSAw that in there when the ilittle popup window shows up for

[edit on 14-11-2008 by djpaec]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Very well said, I dont know why so many take up for Bush by mentioning Clintons antics.

They do this because they have nothing else to say. They can't counter your argument so they try and muddy the water. It would be like say, if you had proof that Bush was the devil, they would say "Yeah, well, Clinton sometimes wore red." It makes no sense and in no way counters Bush being the devil. It only works to muddy the water and in a way change the subject from Bush, to Clinton.

You see, if they allowed themselves to be wrong, which is a good thing from time to time by the way, they would then have to reexamine the logic that brought them to voting for the worst president in American history. Personally, had I voted for the schmuck this is exactly what I would have done. That way, the next time I voted I would not make the same mistake again.

But, that would lead them to voting for a Democrat or not voting at all. And of course, voting for a BJ getting, abortion loving, taxing Democrat is much worse than voting for an illegal war starting, constitution destroying, debt creating imbecile of a Republican.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by djpaec
Not to mention it was 140 pardons in january of 2001, not the 700 he boasted.

lol. I hear you.

I am sure he heard that on Rush or O'Reilly, so it is not all his fault. He just needs to choose better sources for his information...like you did.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
It does not matter if Bush pardon's himself or not. The international commuinity can still take action against any person if they so wish.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   
What a bloody cheek after everything that man has done! Blair should apologise. They both should apologise to world! Why won't Blair admit he was sucked in by the playground bully? Doe's anyone think to ask Bush and Blair this? Like WTF are you on? You nasty bastards. SORRY is such a hard thing to say is it?

[edit on 14-11-2008 by happinness]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Well, since everybodys got thier knickers all hitched up already,
legislation can be undone, and a only a sitting president can pardon someone for crimes, a president cannot pardon himself,and even if he did the next president can undo if he so chooses. And no amount of us legislation can countermand international law.
We would be bound to hand any criminal over for prosectution,and only a sympathetic administration wouldnt comply if it came to such things.
BESIDES ITS A CLIP OVER A YEAR OLD, NIETHER OF THE PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THE PIECE ARE STILL IN CONGRESS.
The bill was gutted as I remember.

Get over it people,

they are out of there and it looks like that the next president has decided to use the current admins favorite weapon, the executive order, to undo many executive orders issued by the current administration.

Besides if as much as I dont care for the outgoing admin and how theyved sullied the name and reputation of our country.
The things that they have done are actually quite sissified, compared to the conduct of many other nations on this planet right now.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Presidents can pardon anyone for anything. Clinton signed like 700 pardons the day before he left office. There is precedence for this and it cannot be undone!. He has managed to outsmart all of you who hate him and I bet he's smiling ear to ear...if any if this thats published is true!!!LOL

Zindo

that's all fine and dandy...
but...does the international court have to abide by a pardon granted to a warcriminal by the warcriminal?

since well....that is where most war criminals end up.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
Will this roll over into the Obama administration?

Obama is a typical politician. I'm sure there was a deal struck. Obama doesn't get investigated for taking 38.5 million in illegal campaign donations from overseas sources and in return Bush doesn't get prosecuted or investigated by an obama administration. Obama's getting away with a huge thing with the gov't giving the lame excuse that there is too much there to investigate. It HAS to be a deal with Bush43.

This sort of thing happens all the time. They are all the same.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
Hopefully someone can explain this a little better, but I just dont get how you can pardon yourself (or anyone) for 'potential' crimes. Either a crime has been comitted and all has come to light and he has been appropriatey punished, or he is innocent. If he had committed the crime he should have been impeached along time ago therefore not in a position to issue any pardons.
In doing this, he is already admitting he has done wrong and has gotten away with it and this is little more and thumbing his nose at the world!

I know what you are saying. The 'pardon' game was a nice little ploy that the good ole boy club created for the office that they now completely control in order to allow them free reign to do whatever they deem they want to. All in the name of 'national security' of course. It's a farce but unfortunately it is embedded into the highest office of this nation. They say that it is there so that lawsuits and such can't be brought against them once they are out. BS. They do it because they know for a fact that what they are doing is wrong and they just needed a way to commit crimes and get away with it.

There will be no justice brought against this president or any future presidents until the rules that govern are rewritten.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
If that isn't the ULTIMATE conflict of interest.

You should expect this. No other elected official suffers any prosecution for their part in manipulating and breaking the law, so why would the most powerful figure in America suffer.

Just a hypocritical double standard. The laws are only in place to bring revenue for the states and countriies and to use against the CITIZENS of America.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hahah he can pardon himself but only if it really does make him 'feel better' because it don't make me feel better, nor the ones who lost their loved ones in war, nor the millions losing their homes....I wouldn't walk across the street to see any of our government at this moment. If only common sense could be exercised we wouldn't be in this mess. Corporate America has killed our industry, government signed the bills, its all for their agendas and not for the people. If Bush, Clinton, Obama, and whoever else in this horrid tainted scheme past present or future, I won't deny ignorance nor deny truth as I render my verdict...PREMEDITATED!

PS I am sorry for my indebtness will all my debtors ....PARDON ME" hahah give US a BAILOUT!

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It's called covering their own butts. This is nothing new. We are the slaves and they are the masters. Maybe one day America will wake up and see that these politicians are in it for themselves. All these years with different Presidents and politicians and we're still in the dumps while they party it up in Washington using our hard earned cash. I guarantee you that bailout money wasn't necessary and we are the ones keeping the economy going while they keep screwing it up. Over 300 million people in the United States and around 500 idiots ruining our country.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm not surprised he pardons himself.
He knows what he did was criminal, the shame of the matter is he will never see justice for what he did.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
Presidents can pardon anyone for anything. Clinton signed like 700 pardons the day before he left office. There is precedence for this and it cannot be undone!.
Zindo

It's not exactly true that it can't be undone.

Politics is an art form -- you've no doubt heard the term "finely crafted legislation"? If the uproar on any issue is big enough, congress can invent new (convenient) legal theories, pierce the legal veil and change the status quo.

Personally, this is one new legal theory I'd be happy to help them invent. This madman has to stand trial. The blood of Iraqi "detainees" tortured to death demands that Bush pay the price in a courtroom.

action.aclu.org...

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Unfortunately, this is nothing new. President after president sets in motion somewhere, somehow, actions that provide them with immunity from prosecution for what they've done while in office.

It is a really sad testiment to our system . . . it is tacit acknowledgement that those in positions of power will do anything legal or otherwise to get the things done that they deem necessary.

The even sadder thing is that we accept this . . . sure, we'll bitch and complain, piss and moan about Bush being at best and untrustworthy knob, but the reality is, he somehow was president and leader of an ethically challenged administration for eight years.

The repugnant thing in all of this is that President Elect Obama will do the same thing when it comes his time to slither from office.

The universe, I am afraid, is unfolding as it should.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Show me a "War Crime".....seriously, ONE "War Crime". Where are the Genocidal Mass Graves from BIO/CHEM Warfare Victims? Where are the Massive Prison Camps full of Political Detractors? Talk about an enormous and completely misconstrued exaggeration, which has been put forth for NO other reason than to attack someone whom you Politically disagree with.

I'll show you a few reasons:

action.aclu.org...

The post by djpaec lists articles of impeachment by a Kucinich. I'm sure we've missed a few dozen more crimes and warcrimes.

Just because you're not looking does not mean the crimes are not occurring.

[edit on 11/14/2008 by anonymousATS]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Bush is one of the "elite" he can do whatever he wants.

Bush comes from one of the 13 families (Windsor) bloodline and these 13 bloodlines have been ruling our entire planet for many years.

Your post and link are excellent proof of my above statement. It's too bad that eight years ago people were so brain washed they didn't see all this coming and now the rest of us have to pay for this idiot's two terms in office. Do the American people realize that the financial poop hitting the fan is taking place now because this is how long it takes for all the mismanagement by GWB to catch up with everything else and you actually still have people out there that will defend this idiot.

It's like kissing the hand that is beating you.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

[edit on 14-11-2008 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Nothing that government does surprises me anymore.
And the American people bending over to allow their government to poke them again doesn't surprise me in the least either!

I now find it quite laughable that so many Americans still blindly cling to their patriotism and ideals of "freedom and liberty" when if they actually opened their eyes and ears and paid some attention they'd realize all of that was taken from them during the last 8 years.

He'll get away with whatever he wants, so will any future president, so will the big businesses, and the massive corporations, and the American people will carry on watching American Idol and pretend their country is perfectly fine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join