It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "up-to-the-minute Market Data" thread

page: 521
<< 518  519  520    522  523  524 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
And in the news,

Derivatives Collapse and the China Gold and Silver Markets

Apparently the US government forgot to mention these upcoming events and salient facts to the Chinese and now the Chinese have understandably decided to renege. Basically, the Chinese are saying: Up your nose with a rubber hose!

By Warrenb,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

the illusion of prosperity, is so sweet.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by irishchic

Have been hearing about VIVUS actually

My ears are always open lol

I am very close to starting my own quant hedge fund though, so perhaps we will meet sooner than later lol

Stay safe, btw didnt know you were in LA.. think plane tickets are prob pretty cheap non stop from tampa errrr..

haha, but seriously, im quazi famous if you are on TV, cause I know you, so that makes me like a "b" list celeb in a way.. god i rule

[edit on 10-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Nikkei 225 10,513.67 2:00AM ET Up 201.53 (1.95%)

What the hell?

The Yen is at 92...really bad for an exporting economy...

And this...

Japan's core machinery orders fell a bigger than expected 9.3 percent in July, in a sign capital spending may stay weak in the coming months and drag on the world's No.2 economy as it crawls out of its deepest postwar recession.

According to the NIKKEI website, the surge was because of the banking sector...what a joke.

Actually I would have got smoked on the YEN. I would have been buying or wait.. shorting yen calls and buying puts =thought yen would be at 100+ by now.. think my thinking is straight there

But either way.. thought this would be at 102 and not 92.. would have got my a$$ handed to me on that one

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
DXY has hit a new low today 76.72

YEN 91.665

Getting tight here... :shk:

All 3 other majors are either rising or close to the days high...

[edit on 9/10/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

When the COMEX goes down in a blaze of glory, which is now inevitable, everyone who owns any ETF gold and silver shares, and especially those who have received these shares in settlement of their imploding COMEX contracts, are going to ask for physical delivery from the ETF's because all confidence will be lost in the system. Then comes the implosion of the ETF Ponzi schemes as everyone finds out that not only did the COMEX have no gold or silver to back its contracts, but that all the gold and silver ETF's were nothing more than gold and silver naked-shorting, leasing and price suppression schemes.

SHABANG!

The COMEX even had to enlist the help of the ECB and the Canadian mint to satisfy those requests for delivery, thereby demonstrating that what the COMEX reports as inventory is nothing but a phantasm.

KAPOW!

Get out NOW!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This configuration will become more common now and it's hard to predict the end point.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77a05d045c9c.jpg[/atsimg]

Where the lines that represent the upward and downward pressure meet is the "balance" point. But you would have to be lucky to see the balance point be also the end point. The only advantage is that the Dow will move along the balance line with some variations. The curves are shaped by short sellers, so a periodical movement is expected. Most of the points swarming around the balance line you sell after 1pm will be good to buy back the next day between 9:30 and 10:30.

Source: Academica Nostradama.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

marg, would you care for a tasty bowl of something even better than expected?

Yeah?

Alright. Hit the spoon.

Auction for 30-Year Bond Even Better Than Expected

trcs.wikispaces.com...
Yummy.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by stander]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

I wonder then why China last week was so much into the gold, don't get it, if they knew this was coming.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Hon, what else can you expect, I mean for the last few months that is what the government is been claiming about their sell of bonds, better than expected.

Anyway who is buying? or that is a secret.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
DXY with another low today 76.699

GBP roaring still...EURO & YEN near highs still...

Step by step...inch by inch...Niagara Falls!!!

Dow Jones Industrial Average 9,622.12 2:43pm ET Up 74.90 (0.78%)
S&P 500 INDEX,RTH 1,042.93 2:43pm ET Up 9.56 (0.93%)

Plain Crazy stuff... :shk:

[edit on 9/10/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Yes, you are on to something now.

Short the highs and buy the lows.. now this is a system

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
www.thestreet.com...

Quoted: " A technical players dream"

LOL, wonder who quoted that

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
FUXC -

If we were still hypo. playing our game, no reason to be greedy, and dont do all the winnings in one night :0

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
dbl

[edit on 10-9-2009 by GreenBicMan]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

My post disappeared. If it's hiding someplace in the ATS server motherboard, then this should take it out. If not, maybe I type it in again.

Edit: Nope, it's not there.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by stander]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
OMG OMG OMG natural gas up 15% today...over 3 dollars now. Just shows how powerful it is to go AGAINST the tides in order to make good money. Everyone was saying how natural gas was evil and will head to 1 dollar, but it has rallied like 25% in 3 days. Same thing happened to the banks.

This doesn't mean natural gas won't go back down, but wow. What a run.

GBM tell your friend to stick it. Bahahaha.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
OMG OMG OMG natural gas up 15% today...over 3 dollars now. Just shows how powerful it is to go AGAINST the tides in order to make good money. Everyone was saying how natural gas was evil and will head to 1 dollar, but it has rallied like 25% in 3 days. Same thing happened to the banks.

What are you talking about?
Bank of America up 1.06%, JPMorgan up 0.37%.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stander
This configuration will become more common now and it's hard to predict the end point.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77a05d045c9c.jpg[/atsimg]

Where the lines that represent the upward and downward pressure meet is the "balance" point. But you would have to be lucky to see the balance point be also the end point. The only advantage is that the Dow will move along the balance line with some variations. The curves are shaped by short sellers, so a periodical movement is expected. Most of the points swarming around the balance line you sell after 1pm will be good to buy back the next day between 9:30 and 10:30.

Source: Academica Nostradama.

Unfortunately, CNBC is changing the aspect ratio of its charts to sometimes unusable form. Now it shows the bottom points are still speaking.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/afc026e70774.jpg[/atsimg]

According to the above, a regression line should be made of four lowest points on the 5-minute interval chart: three points that show up between 9:30 and 11:00, and one point between 12:00 and 1:00. I will test it tomorrow.

Source: Academica Pointica Nostradama.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Well BAC was down like .01% today, so that is a pretty substantial reversal you know.....

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Well BAC was down like .01% today, so that is a pretty substantial reversal you know.....

No, I don't. A substantial reversal is that 25% in 3 days you mentioned, no.?
Where did you get that from?

But the natural gas climb is very unusual. I wonder what drives it up that way.

top topics

<< 518  519  520    522  523  524 >>

join